Keep Jaderail in Your Thoughts

Comments

• ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910
    edited December 1969

As a casual poster and a bigger lurker, I did not know Jad well, just through his posts, but I know that I will miss his presence here on the forums. So I send out a ((Hug)) to all who knew him and will miss him. And a ((BIG HUG)) to his family.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Jeff was the greatest person I've ever known. We spent countless hours on skype talking about life and comparing health issues. Both of us yelling at each other to take better care of ourselves. I can't believe he's gone. He was a great friend and gave everything he had to help people out. He will truly be missed.

• KinnieMKinnieM Posts: 130
    edited December 1969

Good-bye Jaderail. You truly embodied what these forums were all about. You will be terribly missed by all here.

My deepest condolences to all of his close friends here on these forums and to his family.

• edited July 2014

Jaderail, thank you for everything you did. In the short time I've been a member, I noticed how much time and effort Jaderail put in to help DAZ be what it is. Obviously a lot of mourners out there, which says true to his giving and overall heroic nature. My heart goes out to all of you, friends, family.. It is sad for me as well but I know Jaderail's spirit will live on in this wonderful community full of good people and his memory will live in all of you. Always be reminded of that. Take care you guys.

Post edited by christinac1986_2490617 on
  • jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

Hard to believe ... I am speechless.
    I knew him only from the forums here.
    Interesting how the human being, it really hurts when you lose someone, even if it did not know personally ... :(
    My condolences to his family.

• Devilslake1313Devilslake1313 Posts: 142
    edited July 2014

I too am sorry to hear this and if not for Jaderail I don't know if I would've had the confidence to try this and fall in love with Daz and this community so my thoughts and hope is with him. I heard last night night in the middle of a render which I think is my best to date and this one is for him. It is simply called the battle and it will be in my render forum in artstudio. Best wishes Jaderail and keep fighting.
    I am now aware he passed and he will be missed a more caring person is rare in this day and age and he was one. Adventure in the new world Jaderail and thank you . He will always be in my mind and as long as we keep what he has givin us he's there.

Post edited by Devilslake1313 on
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

I've no words -- he'll be sorely missed. :down:

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,200
    edited December 1969

I'm very sorry to hear this. My condolences to his family.

This board won't be the same again.

• NaviNavi Posts: 443
    edited December 1969

These are very sad news, I didn't know Jaderail, but the presence he had on these forums will be missed, for sure... All my condolences to the family, and to all his friends.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

I will miss him. He will be dearly missed.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Bye Jeff. Because of him, I want to visit Alabama and take photos to use them as backgrounds in my 3D renders.

• GallCommTVGallCommTV Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

This is a sad day!
    I didn't know the chap at all, save through his presence here, which I followed with great interest, finding his posts both helpful, enlightening, and indeed very entertaining.
    Mention has been made here in quite a few posts, (and I certainly agree), "how touching it is to 'not know' someone that close, but to be gob-smacked on hearing his passing!"
    I came to the shop and forum today, full of excitement and enthusiasm to see what goodies I might add to my latest acquisition Lee.
    But on hearing this terrible news I will just post here, say me own little prayer for our absent friend, and leave, .... for I have no stomach for shopping or triviality at this time!
    Vinny

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

I first heard about this from a Facebook feed. Then, this morning, I awoke to the devastating news. I'm still numb.

Jaderail has always (at least for as long as I have been participating) been very much a 'presence' on these forums, and the realization that that 'presence' has now been silenced.... Well, I don't think I'm quite ready to absorb that right now.

I first 'met' him in an RRRR contest, back in the days when it was limited to the PC 'Members Only' forum; as the years passed, I 'met up' with him all over the place -- always helpful, offering hints, tips, insights, and whatever pearls of wisdom and experience were appropriate to the question before the forum. That kind, and quality, of mentorship will be hard to replace -- if, indeed, it ever can be. (I very much doubt.)

But most of all, it was his artistic style -- alternatively dark and whimsical -- that most impressed me; that, plus the fact that he was always ready and willing to tell you how he managed to pull it off. That's what I'm probably going to miss the most.

As with everyone else who has posted to this thread, I offer my most heartfelt condolences to all of Jeff's friends and family (as well as his legions of fans, of which I count myself). Mere words are inadequate to offer comfort at this time, but they are all I have to offer at the moment.

• Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited December 1969

Much too quick and much too soon! Such sad news. He will be missed. Rest in peace, Jeff.

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

Very sad news.. Sending Love and Light to Jade and all that knew and loved him.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

So sad... goodbye Jaderail

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Jeff my friend

Thanks for sharing this Wendy!

I'm truly saddened by this news. Brought tears to my eyes to know that this creative soul is gone from us now.

My deepest condolences to the family and friends that knew him in life and here in the community.

R.I.P.

• jade monkeyjade monkey Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

sad news!
    such a kind, helpful person, he will be missed.
    safe journey to you, Jade....

• TobiasGTobiasG Posts: 447
    edited December 1969

I only saw this now - I'm very sorry to hear this. Jade really helped us newbs out a lot, and always had encouragement or advice. He'll be missed.

• EmsimEmsim Posts: 234
    edited December 1969

I didn't know Jaderail other than his presence on the forums but I am saddened by this news.

My condolences to his family and friends.

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

:( Goodbye Jade...

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

I got in to work this morning to see a message from Ann saying that Jaderail had been taken off life support. He was a valued member of our forum team and more importantly he was a valued friend. We are all saddened by the news of his passing.

• Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited December 1969

Such a sad reminder of what is awaiting us all. I am sure Jaderail would be moved and honored by the tremendous out pour of memories and accolades by the thoughtful and wonderful DAZ forum members!

• IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,474
    edited December 1969

Such sad news to hit the community. I didn't know him, other than seeing him on the forum... but he always seemed so nice and very helpful.

My condolences to his friends and family. Really sorry for the loss :(

• JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited December 1969

My condolences to his family and friends.

"Go rest high on that mountain
    Son, you work on earth is done"

You will be missed by many.

• The_MomsterThe_Momster Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

My deepest condolences to the family and friends. I never really knew him, but saw what a bright, helpful soul he was. The world needs more like him.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited July 2014

Even though I should've already been able to somehow prepare for these very sad news due to the thread opener by Richard, in the end there wasn't really anything that could prepare me for the loss of Jaderail. There is not much I can or am able to say at the moment other than that my thoughts still remain with him, his family, and his friends, well ... everyone who knew, valued, and still values him.

Post edited by Renpatsu on
  • DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783
    edited December 1969

I said what I could muster after hearing the news last night but wanted to add more today.

My husband probably knew Jeff more than me on a personal level as they spoke all the time, but while I didn't know him as well there is a lot about him I do know both from working with him and from talking with him so often late in the evening (we were both night owls).

As a CV (Community Volunteer) he absolutely shined. It was his loving, helpful nature everyone who ever met him or spoke with him would know right off and it was that nature that every new member who had a question was met with. It poured from every part of him. The desire to help whoever he could however he could. He made everyone feel welcomed and comfortable. If ever I needed a volunteer to help with something whether it was the New User Contest or to do a tutorial, he was almost always the first in line to volunteer with a smile on his face. The CV Team will not be the same without him and I know we all will forever miss him. He was a dear friend to all of us.

As a moderator, I think it is safe to say he was family. There is a hole in the team now and a shock that has come over all of us. There is an emptiness there that can never be filled.

PA wise, Jade was the most supportive person on the planet. Always encouraging us and supporting us. We were constantly trying to give him our packs and he was always constantly refusing to take them (stubborn LOL) As an artist/ PA there are a lot of times when you feel small or less than or out of place and Jade was always trying to help whether it was encouragement, ideas or feedback, or just a kick in the bum (cuz sometimes that is what ya need) He is the biggest part of who kept us trying and a big reason why (at least in my case) I didn't quit long ago and for all the times he showed us his kindness, we are eternally grateful.

And on a more personal level, I know that when my husband's mother had a fire (the second fire in our family within a year) Jade was the very first person to ask "How can I help" and was there and supportive especially to my husband far beyond that. He was always there to lend him encouragement or support and he has touched our lives personally in more ways then I can really express. He was a very good friend to my husband and gave him someone to talk to and confide in which we both will always remember and be thankful for.

It seems like there is so much more to be said really. How do you properly honor someone who was so good to so many and so selflessly so? I don't really think there are words in any language that can really express how someone like Jeff touches your life. He meant so much to so many including us.

We will miss you Jeff...

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

mostly i remember totally blowing up Skype with our off the wall weird conversations often to the annoyance of everyone else in the Skype chat. Our topics of conversation were more often than not completely as far off the topic we were suppose to be talking about as possible. And quite often off color and irreverent. We came from very different backgrounds and had very different view points on life the universe and everything. We were so different in many ways that there really is no reason we should have ever been friends. We should have fought like cats and dogs. But we never did. I really can't explain it, but we were the best of friends. When I was a CV, I never felt like I belonged to the group unless Jaderail was there. Thats nothing against the rest of the team, every one was great. I just never feel like I belong anywhere, ever. I always feel like where ever I am that is exactly where I shouldn't be. But not with Jeff. When Jeff and I would hang out and talk, often long after we both should have called it a night, It always felt right, like that was exactly where I should be. A couple days ago I got thinking, I havent talked to Jaderail in a while, I should see what he is up to. Before I got to say hi to my old friend, I saw the post that that he was in the hospital. And not long after he was gone. I never got that one last conversation with him. The one person who made me feel like I belonged is gone. We never met in person, we were only friends on line. Isn't it crazy how much someone can connect with you and effect you, with just text on a screen. Going to miss you man, but i am glad your pain is over, you have peace now.

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,731
    edited December 1969

All I can add is my condolences