Keep Jaderail in Your Thoughts

Comments

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,084
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    PS: If you wish to honor him...

...if you do not have a medical, philosophical or religious reason not to, please consider doing what he did and become an organ donator. He set a good example for us to follow.

Totally agree.. I'm a donor myself, and it helps me think that should the worst happen, something positive will hopefully come out of it all.

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited December 1969

Very, very sorry to see this news. Jaderail was a warm and steady presence and made the community here a better place.

My condolences to his family and friends, and heartfelt prayers to send him to his rest in warmth and light.

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

This is very shocking, I can't believe it. RIP Jaderail :(

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

condolences to his family and friends
    :down:

• bobfisherbobfisher Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have only known Jaderail through the New Users section of the forum, and in that short time he taught me so much. His advice was always welcome and he always called it as he saw it.

Many new users will miss him.

My heart goes out to his family and friends, and I mourn the loss of such a nice selfless person.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

No!
    So sad.
    No!

My condolences to his family.

• FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 881
    edited December 1969

That`s shocking sad news. He seemed to be a very nice and helpful person indeed.
    My condolences to everyone who was close to him.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

This is the saddest news to wake up to. As Barry has already said Jeff was the first person I spoke to most every morning, he was a night owl and as I am in the UK he was always there when I signed on.

I remember our silly competition to see who could be top of the post number table without cheating. all the jokes about Team GB against Team US. The silly way I would try and sneak into chat to wish him good morning before he greeted me, which rarely worked as he would almost always say good morning before I had a chance.

I remember the recipes we exchanged, as Jeff loved cooking although he was so limited with what he could eat, due to the dietary restrictions he had with his condition. The glee he had on the very rare occasions when he cheated and treated himself to a treat from his forbidden foods list. The joy we all felt when he was able to come of off dialysis after 5 years of regular 3 times a week sessions. The way he never let his health affect his contributions to the forum, always still helping people.

He was a truly inspirational person, and a true friend.

I am still struggling to come to grips with this, but as we were both fans of WOT I say this to him

“May you shelter in the palm of the Creator's hand, and may the last embrace of the mother welcome you home.”

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

My condolences to his loved ones, and all who feel his loss.

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

Condolences to all who loved him. This is truly a sad day.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,124
    edited December 1969

You folks have expressed your thoughts better than I can.... his avatar with the wise blue and white striped drow helped me several times... I hope I always remembered to thank him.... and plan to pass it on by helping others when I can .... my condolences to his friends and family and those here who were close to him.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,818
    edited December 1969

...I.. I can't even begin to find word.. jade always had a word for anyone who needed it.. I admired him greatly, loved his renders and his writing.. I'm just crying right now, but I hope Jade, that you will find the peace and calm you deserve!

Until next we meet

/C

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

I'm really sorry to hear this. RIP.

• Tarina KiviTarina Kivi Posts: 488
    edited March 2017

Post edited by Tarina Kivi on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

I want to say thanks to the moderator team here at daz, when he joined you guys he was truly so excited to be a part of the team. It was his pride and joy working with you all and he forever expressed it in our skype group "house", he likewise loved his previous CV role, and it really showed. He spoke very highly of the bald wizards club too and tied it in to the life of Jaderal story in a variety of ways. He actually tried a couple of times to get Spy to shave his head and learn magic lol
    RRRR was above all his most favourite contest, if he wasn't working on his stories, he was always working on RRRR renders. No matter how busy he was helping people here or defending the forum from spam and the nasty trolls he always had daz studio open, allot of the time it was RRRR. I did my first RRRR last month, he was the one who encouraged me to do so, it was his wish to see his friends join in with him on the contest, I'm so very glad I did! I could almost see his grin through his comments on skype.
    He was very secretive about ArtCollab, though he always on the edge of his seat waiting for the next release to add to his massive collection. He was very proud to have been in the testing process, and while he'd never tell us much beyond, we'd always get the hint "SAVE your money folks, ArtCo is SOON to release something BIG!"

I cut my first post short earlier, I just woke up and was getting ready for work, towards the end of writing it I was a mess and quickly submitted. Our group is so very sad right now, he I'm sure will keep a watchful eye over everyone here and he will forever live on through all of us. My heart goes to all his fellow friends and relatives. We will all miss you Jade.

Thanks Richard for the thread, it does mean allot :)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

A hell, that is indeed sad news.

• MorganRLewisMorganRLewis Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

Terrible news to see first thing in the morning. I didn't know Jaderail well, but I would always see him posting in threads where people were looking for help, and he always seemed to be a big part of any community conversation. The place is definitely going to have a hole in it without him.

My condolences to his family and loved ones.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

I thought I was steeled against this news last night. Apparently not, it's still a dreadful shock. Jaderail was always dedicated to helping others, with help, with encouragement, and with sponsorship of contests and challenges - he was someone who gave far more than he took.

• lv426lv426 Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

Condolences to his family and friends. I never knew the man except from his posts, but it was clear he was a kind and generous person.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

This is...

this is...

chohole said:
    This is the saddest news to wake up to.

What she said.

I knew Jeff wasn't in the best of health, but I didn't know it was this bad.

You'll be missed.

• whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952
    edited December 1969

I am totally bummed. So sorry for his friends and family. It's a sad day.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited July 2014

Jaderail. You earned an amazing amount of Karma. You have always been so helpful to everyone by offering advice, suggestions, and a swift kick in the pants if the need arose. You have earned your rest. RIP

I would like to offer my sincerest condolences to Jaderail’s family and friends.

Post edited by Kismet2012 on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited July 2014

Though I knew him only through DAZ, I considered Jaderail a good friend, as I know many of us did. He has always been so supportive and encouraging to new users and everyone else. Both his own work and his passion for helping others have been an inspiration. I would say that he's one of the biggest reasons why I am a community volunteer (and an "Addict," as the forum puts it). He will be sorely missed indeed.

A sad day ... found this one in his DA Gallery: A Nice Walk

Thanks for posting that...I was going to find it myself but I saw someone had already done so.
    Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • vivayovivayo Posts: 52
    edited December 1969

Sad news indeed...

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Shaken by the finality of it ...

... and deeply moved by all the wonderful compliments from his friends and admirers.

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,949
    edited December 1969

I am also shocked, and don't have words to express my feelings now but i will surely miss his work and his advices. I really didn't expected this to happen. I hope one day we might meet again at some nicer place.

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,160
    edited December 1969

very sad news,condolences to family and friends,and also his fellow forum mods and admins who worked with him...

very sad

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552
    edited December 1969

I am very sorry to hear of his loss. I was shocked to hear the news. I wish him a peaceful rest, and to his friends and family: I am sorry for your loss.

• AmaltheaAmalthea Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Good by Jaderail. You will be sorely missed. RIP

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

Its taken me a little time to get a handle on Jeffs passing we were pretty good friends, His wit, & encouraging advice and above all understanding with respect of all he met . He treated everyone like they were his best friend and I will sorely miss him
    I am very thankful that in his passing he did not suffer long, But I am sadden to relies I shall never have the ability to banter or converse with my friend anymore.
    Rest in Peace my friend our memories of your kindness and intellect will live on with in our hearts forever.