Keep Jaderail in Your Thoughts

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Is it possible to get the funeral home address when that has been established so anyone who wants to, can send a card to his family? I'd really like to let them know how unselfish he was with his time, how much a part of my life he became these past two years. I don't know anything about his family though- I don't want to be intrusive.

I'm feeling very lost. Jaderail and I were night owls. I knew if I got stuck with something, even if it was in the wee hours of the morning, he'd often be awake and as usual, helping out. I'm SO glad all his helpful posts are here, helping people. That would be important to him I think.

Jaderail, I'm sure they've got a very special computer for you in heaven- one that renders better than anything you could imagine. I miss you so much already, rest in peace and pain free.
    Cathie

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

You've got to be kidding me... PLEASE tell me this is just a very sick, tasteless joke...

...This REALLY sucks... D:

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982
    edited December 1969

This is sad and shocking news.
    Jaderail was always a helpful person to noobs like me. I will miss his presence here in the forum.
    My condolences to his family.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

This is such sad and unexpected news. We all seem invincible on the forums. Human frailties are not visible benind our avatars. This is a reminder that we should all try to be as kind and helpful to each other as Jaderail has been to us.

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

This is very sad. I add my condolences to family and friends, wishing them all the comfort they can find.

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

I only just found this thread. I was just thinking about Jaderail earlier today. I was remembering a mini contest about the weather. Totte won a bonus prize for being the first to realize that clear blue skies are also considered weather.

Wishing clear skies on Jaderail's journey homeward.

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,085
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    This is such sad and unexpected news. We all seem invincible on the forums. Human frailties are not visible benind our avatars. This is a reminder that we should all try to be as kind and helpful to each other as Jaderail has been to us.

Agreed..

Terrible news, my thoughts are with his family.. RIP and save us a seat.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited December 1969

Words fail me. Just found this thread and am completely stunned and saddened.

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:
    I only just found this thread. I was just thinking about Jaderail earlier today. I was remembering a mini contest about the weather. Totte won a bonus prize for being the first to realize that clear blue skies are also considered weather.

Wishing clear skies on Jaderail's journey homeward.

I remember that, and I second the wish for clear skies.

I lost a brother today, from another mother. Jeff was usually the first person I chatted to in a morning, and I looked forward to it every single day.

He was one of the most supportive people I have ever known and the best way for me to honour his life is to take his advice and fight for success.

I am a mess right now, I don't 'want to babble, just couldn't let this thread go without me in it. He loved this forum, I love him, seems only right to say goodbye here.

Fare ye well, Jeff, you've touched the souls of many, myself being right high up on that list. Enjoy your rest, it's well earned.

Much respect to all on here,
    Barry.

• Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

Please let his family know his work here was appreciated and valued. I never thought there would be a day I wouldn't see him offer help or answer a question for someone. I will miss him.

• Atticus BonesAtticus Bones Posts: 364
    edited July 2014

"The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it... White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise." Farewell, Jaderail.

Post edited by Atticus Bones on
  • VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

I've been Skype buddies with Jade for 2 or so years. Along with a few other friends from DAZ, we chatted almost every day. He taught me stuff,h hge teased and poked fun at us, he chewed us out, he laughed with us. We had fussy times, but he wasn't a bad dude.

He loved RPG stuff. Our Skype groupx created 3D characters and gave them connected back-stories leading up to where rthey became Jaderail's family. x I created a half elf named Galad afnd became Jaderail's "son". I'ggm gonna miss our role-playing moments.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

May he dwell in comfort and peace now that he is beyond the circles of world. Our love goes with him as do our prayers.

• Eva1Eva1 Posts: 1,249
    edited December 1969

barbult said:

So very true. I was browsing the forum today and came across this post saying he wasn't well - I was about to send get well wishes then I saw further on the sad news - what a shocker! He will be missed. His profile on Deviant Art seems all the more special to read. My condolences to his family and friends.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited July 2014

Goodbye Jaderail ... see? I got your name right that time, finally. (;_;)

Post edited by M F M on
  • Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,230
    edited July 2014

Good bye mate, the world is a little poorer today without you in it.

Thankyou for a being big part of my Dazverse, you will never know how much you were appreciated and admired in this community.

My heart goes out and Condolences to your family and loved ones.

Goodbye to the best Drow I ever knew!

Post edited by Design Anvil - Razor42 on
  • philiphowephiliphowe Posts: 53
    edited December 1969

That's very sad to hear. I barely knew the man through our conversations here but found him to be very generous in his gift of sharing information and his knowledge about DS and animation. I know he had retired but was obviously wanting to learn each day and move forward with this technology. That in itself is saying alot. And look at all the people he touched just by the reactions here. Farewell...

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

I too will truly miss the drow I once call "dad" in RP and the man behind the Jaderail name who kept my spirits high through tough and rocky RL times, gave inspiration and help when I was stuck with any given project, who showed me the light when I could not see it. Jeff and I were half a world apart, but in these last few years I had the luxury of getting to know him at a personal level. I joined daz at a similar time to Jeff, I never posted till years later, but the moment I did, there he was, one of the first here who made me welcome to the community and from that moment I had found my calling. He was a master teacher, a therapeutic listener, an inspiration to many of the community and a truly wonderful man whom I am so grateful and honored to call my friend.

You will forever be missed Jeff
    Rest in peace my friend xxoo

Spy

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,299
    edited December 1969

Very sad news.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

It' all seems so sudden. I never knew Jaderail outside of the forums, but he was always a very helpful individual answering peoples queries and quite the talented artist as well. He will be sorely missed here.

I wanted to write something more meaningful, but I honestly can't find the words. It wasn't long ago he was posting on the forums with his usual regularity, so this comes as quite a shock to learn that he is no longer with us. All I can do is pass on my condolences to those who were closest to him and express my gratitude for his assistance over the years.

Rest well, Jaderail.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Just like LightofHeaven, I had the special privilege of knowing him outside of forums, in Skype, in our private little group called the House.

He was a fellow old-school geek. We geeked out together -- science, AD&D, computers, space, music, DAZ Studio, you name it. We laughed, joked, argued together. He gave me private mentoring about 3D. He supported me when things were hard, with a kind word or stern shape-up, he collected my silly LOLcat pictures for Stupid Thread's Caturday and said that he never needs to go look for stuff, as I always seemed to have some suitably funny memecat at hand. We hunted freebies together, and he prodded me to get on with rendering/art/dreams. On Tuesday, I wanted to tell him that I finally got that skin of his avatar, and I just wanted to do a render of his character, and what should I render, Jade? Something funny? Something serious? I'll get to it right after this heatwave goes, Jade, you know how I complain about being scorched by my desktop, but I got this funny idea...

And then...

For the last fourteen hours, I watched helplessly as the events unfolded. Excruciatingly slowly, flaying bits of my soul, extracting more tears with each tiding. I finally fell asleep, as all I could do was to wait.

When I woke up, I found... well.

It was not the news I wanted to see upon waking up, but it is something I have to come and accept.

I'm working really hard on that "accept" part and it is not working.

What is working, apparently, are my tear ducts.

Parts of me want to toss in-House roleplay jokes, as a way of coping, dealing with it, but it would seem crass or thoughtless for those who aren't in that joke. Parts of me feel that not making those jokes would be disrespectful for the good spirit we had in our House.

So in that light... for those who weren't in joke with us, bear with me for a moment. I need to do this in order to fully respect him as I knew him, a fellow nerd whose quirky sense of humor kept us going.

"DAMN YOU HUSBAND! You left me behind with two kids I stole for our fun, and you think you can gallivaunt to greener pastures like that? NO WAY, NO HOW. As soon as I get all the gems I need, it is True Res for you, and I will give you a chewing of lifetime! And once I'm done, I will give you to Mistress next!"

Since he was a fellow metal fan, I'm passing a link to what song might be apropos right now. Ozzy Osbourne, "No More Tears".

Goodbye, Jade. Gone from our midst, but never forgotten.

PS: If you wish to honor him...

...if you do not have a medical, philosophical or religious reason not to, please consider doing what he did and become an organ donator. He set a good example for us to follow.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309
    edited December 1969

This is very sad indeed. His warmth of personality, helpful attitude and wry sense of humour will be sorely missed.

Alex.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

Sadness. Condolences to his family and close friends. I only knew him here and in various contests. Jaderail the ever helpful Drow, you will be missed.

• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited December 1969

The great blue warrior is now at a better place! Thanks for everything I have learned from him!

Rest in peace, Jaderail!

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

This is the saddest of news.
    My dear blue drove friend.
    You have wandered the shadows before, it hurts that you didn't make it this time.
    You were a real friend, a true friend.
    I can't just understand that you're gone.
    Now when you're gone, you will at least meet your brother again.
    RIP Jaderail

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

I am so shocked to hear this sad news.

I only knew Jaderail on Daz but he was a good man and very helpful to all.

You will be sadly missed.

RIP Jaderail.

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
    edited December 1969

I just can't believe it. :(
    Such a sudden loss to our community.
    It makes no sense. :( :(

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

So very, very sad. Jaderail was such a vibrant and giving part of this community. His images both made me smile and impressed me (I wish he could have known he got my vote for 'best' in the last RRRR with that wonderful 'film noir' style render).

He'll be greatly missed. My thoughts are with those of you here who were closest to him.

• none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

Very sad news. Condolences to his family.

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,585
    edited December 1969

My condolences to the family and friends on this sad, sad news.