Genesis 8.1 expressions

Is it just me, but 90% of my Genesis 8 expressions do not work with Genesis 8.1 figures either GF8.1 or GM8.1. Is that typical or did something go wrong during the install.

Comments

• Digitalrdw said:

Is it just me, but 90% of my Genesis 8 expressions do not work with Genesis 8.1 figures either GF8.1 or GM8.1. Is that typical or did something go wrong during the install.

is a common "issue" ,

mines doesn't work too. 

• Zilvergrafix said:

Digitalrdw said:

is a common "issue" ,

mines doesn't work too. 

Also, is the eye cross control gone or just moved somewhere else?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,456

If you are using DS 4.15, the G8 expressions appear and start working once you have removed the dummy placeholder expressions in;

...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files)

Do take notice of the correct path, so you don't remove the G8 ones by mistake

• Digitalrdw said:

Also, is the eye cross control gone or just moved somewhere else?

They messed up with a lot of eye parameters linking single eye values being combined, when I set a zero expressions the eyes are the only ones not being zeroed. 

• Not to be the one who flogs a dead horse, but I followed PerttiA's instructions and the expressions are now working fine...to which I am very grateful. I see many of the expressions that I have bought previously saying that they are 8.1 compatible now, but they're not...well, unless you use the PerttiA fix. I struggled for ages thinking the expressions should work and tried everything I could think of before searching this thread. Has anyone brought this up to Daz that this is misleading, and in a way, false advertising? Surely, they must not want loads of people returning products because of this misinformation, and especially becasue they are so short staffed.

• DigitalrdwDigitalrdw Posts: 87

My GF8 expressions that were working with GF8.1 have suddenly stopped working again. I've confirmed the place holders have been removed but no effect. Anything else I can check?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,456

Digitalrdw said:

My GF8 expressions that were working with GF8.1 have suddenly stopped working again. I've confirmed the place holders have been removed but no effect. Anything else I can check?

Are you sure you have checked all the places used for installation?

How are you installing your content?
    Are you logging in to DS? 

Thanks for the reply. After triple checking my folders I did find the dummy files I missed. The expressions I tested are working again.

edited October 2022

So after the latest update to Studio, the expressions from GF8 and again not working with GF8.1. I've looked everywhere I can find for dummy files to remove, but the expressions still do not work. Has something else changed? Is there anywhere else I can look?

Post edited by Digitalrdw on