Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited December 1969

OT...quick export test from C to Thea, all the maps are being imported quite correctly.
    5thElement, very cool model, shaders and lighting indeed

ww.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 296K
    227.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 169K
    uu.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 391K
  • makmamakma Posts: 54
    edited July 2014

Hi!
    The scene of hotel modelled in C.8.1 and exported via 3ds file format into Thea Studio, added materials from it’s library and rendered in 13 minutes and a second of 2000 x 1500 px picture using Presto MC engine using both CPU and GPU cores together on machine with Intel Core 2 Quad, 6 GB RAM and GTX 660 graphic card, WIN7 64 inside.
    Raw render.

Marek

hal_01.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 257K
    Post edited by makma on
    edited July 2014

Final picture of the hotel hall.
    Marek

Hal.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 237K
    Post edited by makma on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

makma said:
    Final picture of the hotel hall.
    Marek

a delight

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

There are excellent artists on this thread, why wouldn't they take a few minutes of their time to vote on the challenge ?
    Their comments could be very beneficial for the participants ! ;-)

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

There are excellent artists on this thread, why wouldn't they take a few minutes of their time to vote on the challenge ?
    Their comments could be very beneficial for the participants ! ;-)

You mean this challenge? ;-)
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/42978/

Please, even if you didn't submit anything, you're welcome to vote! In fact, I would encourage it! The challenge requires those that entered it to produce at least two WIP and link to them in the submission post. The WIPs can be highly educational, and may suggest new things to try or new little tricks that you may not have thought to try!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757
    edited December 1969

I'm tossing up wether to buy this product http://www.daz3d.com/battle-cat

to compliment a few renders I am doing... dunno! :-/

he-man2.jpg
    900 x 675 - 465K
    edited December 1969

Stezza said:

You know you have the power! ;-)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,103
    edited July 2014

Stezza said:

Great Image, Stezza!

EDIT:
    Yeah, that Battle Cat set looks freaking awesome!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited December 1969

Here's a "Cheese Cake" pin-up render for Garstor.

I used the Carrara Elite Reby Sky shaders, but as always, I tweak them to my own purposes. in this case, I got rid of the SSS and then the translucency as they took forever to render and were set at a level that was just too intense for my taste. I also got rid of the reflection on the skin as it made the skin look just plain unattractive in my render.

To get a more subtle SSS look, I followed Holly's advice from awhile ago and added a multiplier to the glow channel and copied the color map to one slot and the the specular map from the Highlight channel into the other slot. This worked great, except for the lips which still looked bright, so I lowered the brightness settings on both the color and spec map to 50%.

The cheese cake model and procedural shaders were all made by me. The cheese cake does use SSS, but it takes a short time to calculate as the area of the image it covers is small.

Reby-Cheese-Cake-Pin-up.jpg
    2000 x 1293 - 746K
  • GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

Here's a "Cheese Cake" pin-up render for Garstor.

I used the Carrara Elite Reby Sky shaders, but as always, I tweak them to my own purposes. in this case, I got rid of the SSS and then the translucency as they took forever to render and were set at a level that was just too intense for my taste. I also got rid of the reflection on the skin as it made the skin look just plain unattractive in my render.

To get a more subtle SSS look, I followed Holly's advice from awhile ago and added a multiplier to the glow channel and copied the color map to one slot and the the specular map from the Highlight channel into the other slot. This worked great, except for the lips which still looked bright, so I lowered the brightness settings on both the color and spec map to 50%.

The cheese cake model and procedural shaders were all made by me. The cheese cake does use SSS, but it takes a short time to calculate as the area of the image it covers is small.

Nice! I'll have to write that tip down too...see how it works out for me in other scenes.

• ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
    edited December 1969

Aiko 6 with a soon to be release Dynamic Hair set for Carrara. Also in this scene using the Carrara Skin Shaders for Aiko 6.

Aiko6_Dynamic_Hair_sideviewscreen.jpg
    1680 x 1010 - 694K
    Aiko6_Dynamic_Hair_sideview7.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 373K
    edited December 1969

evilproducer and Ringo,
    one word:
    OUCH!

Nice renders fellas

• FifthElementFifthElement Posts: 569
    edited December 1969

Thank ya all for a feedback, here is render of both sides of the amp (no lil' lights and filaments burning) :)

MiniVTamp2.jpg
    1235 x 1541 - 332K
    edited December 1969

Thank ya all for a feedback, here is render of both sides of the amp (no lil' lights and filaments burning) :)
    Once again, very nice modeling job. The thing looks real!
    edited December 1969

Looks like a promo image you'd see in a catalog. The modeling is very nice, but so is the job on texturing and rendering the scene.

• Max TurladMax Turlad Posts: 84
    edited December 1969

5thElement,

very nice. Cool.

Electronic items (knobs, jacks, tubes etc.) have you taken from a library? If Yes, could you tell me how, please? Do I need for an idea that turns me in the head ...

Especially should shape of knobs like those in figure (which all rights are reserved by synthesizers.com).

knobs.jpg
    300 x 150 - 9K
    edited December 1969

U ever have one of those days

001_U.jpg
    1500 x 950 - 1M
  • FifthElementFifthElement Posts: 569
    edited December 1969

sbilf said:
    5thElement,

very nice. Cool.

Electronic items (knobs, jacks, tubes etc.) have you taken from a library? If Yes, could you tell me how, please? Do I need for an idea that turns me in the head ...

Especially should shape of knobs like those in figure (which all rights are reserved by synthesizers.com).

Nope, nothing is from any library at all, everything modeled by me in Silo 2.0 (subdivision surface modeler) ...

Those are pretty easy to model IMO, but again I'm modeling all kinds of crap for some time now.

If you are a beginner I recommend that you start on something less complex at first till you get more comfortable with the whole concept of polygonal modeling, it is quite a different approach then boolean (or NURBS) modeling and needs more planning ahead :)

• Max TurladMax Turlad Posts: 84
    edited December 1969

Ok 5thElement, thank you. Again, nice job.

Max.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

bigh said:

Moral: Always gender-check your frog before you kiss it... ;)

edited December 1969

Tim_A said:
    bigh said:

Moral: Always gender-check your frog before you kiss it... ;)

:-)

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited December 1969

testing greenery - minor desaturation in post

1.jpg
    1440 x 619 - 857K
  • waterfire7412008waterfire7412008 Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

SileneUK said:
    Book cover for an author/friend of a series based on a Narnia-style theme... soon to be on Amazon both in paperback and Kindle! :cheese:

Nice lighting Bigh and Tim, I like the shadows from the shade trees and in the stream on each. :)

Thanks for the new thread, the other was 100 pages!

;) Silene

Stupid question here, have you had to jump through legal hoops or pay to use images you've generated with this software?

edited December 1969

SileneUK said:
    Book cover for an author/friend of a series based on a Narnia-style theme... soon to be on Amazon both in paperback and Kindle! :cheese:

Nice lighting Bigh and Tim, I like the shadows from the shade trees and in the stream on each. :)

;) Silene

Stupid question here, have you had to jump through legal hoops or pay to use images you've generated with this software?

you may do any thing you want with a render .
    pay nothing .

edited December 1969

5thElement - I like your models and renders. Any details on modelling, lighting and rendering possible?
    Magaremoto - same questions about models and rendering. Did you use light rigs?

Marek

edited December 1969

SileneUK said:

;) Silene

The only restrictions you could have, is if you use something created by someone else to make a render, such as a freebie. I usually look to see if there is a commercial restriction and avoid the ones that have those.

If you use a figure such as a V4 or Genesis from DAZ, then you can do anything you want with the render. The only caveats I can think of is Va 3 era celebrity look alike DAZ sold that had commercial restrictions, and I think also if they're to be used in video games or something.

If you make all your own elements for the scene, you can do anything you want.

• shlomi laszloshlomi laszlo Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

two more

pine_forest1.png
    1024 x 768 - 600K
    sand_fort1.png
    1024 x 768 - 957K
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited December 1969

SileneUK said:

;) Silene

The only restrictions you could have, is if you use something created by someone else to make a render, such as a freebie. I usually look to see if there is a commercial restriction and avoid the ones that have those.

If you use a figure such as a V4 or Genesis from DAZ, then you can do anything you want with the render. The only caveats I can think of is Va 3 era celebrity look alike DAZ sold that had commercial restrictions, and I think also if they're to be used in video games or something.

If you make all your own elements for the scene, you can do anything you want.

I used a fairy castle (friend of Chohole's) and a bed from ShareCG. I always check first that any 3D models I don't do myself are commercial free to use in a render. Most on there are. If I find 2D art I like, but it's restricted, I create a reasonable imitation in Illustrator...changing enough to avoid problems. But usually create my own 2D art bits for a scene or for postwork as that's my more confident area from the last 10 years.

So now... on Amazon, it's my copyright that shows up on the cover image when it's clicked on .... mwahhhhaaaaahaaaaa!

Thank you Carrara experts for all your patient help.

%-P ;-P xx Silene

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

two more

Love the atmospherics in that 2nd one :)

This discussion has been closed.