DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.3.52, General Release, Now Available for Download!

Comments

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    StratDragon:
    If you are in trouble with DIM - delete the DIM folders by hand, download and install manually from here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_14811
    Select Mac or Win (ignore Postgre for the moment and install it later with DIM)
    This worked for me, when the DIM inbuilt update failed totally.

good to know thanks!

• doldol Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

i am lost
    thay say the daz installer poet the contens in public documents,
    whel not he is poeting it in my documents,
    than thay say public documents my daz content?? again no,not in a map my daz content,
    no,efferyting in the map my documents,and not in geometry or pose maps, no efferything lose?not in maps efferything toegether?
    than i look in my map program files x86,and thare is daz again,whit the maps geometry's characters pose,

than i co open daz studio,
    and i look/klick the character v4,and i geth the messits the map coed not be found,dont exsist?
    or the messits thare is no map daz contens on my bureau directory.

when i look in the dim program genisis etz thare is no v afther instal, buth i cann uninstal it??,how is that possebel that you can uninstall if the program say its not instald?

way so? and not automatic in maps,like a zip,i meane in geometry character textures etz,effry thing is now in whan map all the textures etz trown in whan direction?
    i apsolute dont untherstand how to thell daz studio,that v4 etz is instald, buth daz cann not vind it? and it stands in my documents and in my program files x86

than i un instal the program,buth thare is a map still thare,i tray to remoof it,buth that i cann not do this becos the program dim is running??? just sjoote mee thare is no program dim,becos ith whas remooft??

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

dol said:
    i am lost
    thay say the daz installer poet the contens in public documents,
    whel not he is poeting it in my documents,
    than thay say public documents my daz content?? again no,not in a map my daz content,
    no,efferyting in the map my documents,and not in geometry or pose maps, no efferything lose?not in maps efferything toegether?
    than i look in my map program files x86,and thare is daz again,whit the maps geometry's characters pose,

than i co open daz studio,
    and i look/klick the character v4,and i geth the messits the map coed not be found,dont exsist?
    or the messits thare is no map daz contens on my bureau directory.

when i look in the dim program genisis etz thare is no v afther instal, buth i cann uninstal it??,how is that possebel that you can uninstall if the program say its not instald?

way so? and not automatic in maps,like a zip,i meane in geometry character textures etz,effry thing is now in whan map all the textures etz trown in whan direction?
    i apsolute dont untherstand how to thell daz studio,that v4 etz is instald, buth daz cann not vind it? and it stands in my documents and in my program files x86

than i un instal the program,buth thare is a map still thare,i tray to remoof it,buth that i cann not do this becos the program dim is running??? just sjoote mee thare is no program dim,becos ith whas remooft??

I am sorry, I am having trouble understanding. What language do you prefer?

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Have they done something to the transparency algorithm it seems to be rendering insanely fast even with Uber lighting it flies could it be ????

edited December 1969

i am duths/holland/netherlands,
    speaking is no problem,
    buth writing??

afther i install effrything,
    daz4 is/cann not find ennything

victoria4 etz i ceth the messits that the folder cann not be found

also with gennisis the folder dont exsist?

and way is norging poet in maps like in poser?

now i have in my documents all the stuf like jpeg and png dsf and duf?? 21.124 items in whan/1 map/my documents,?

than in ,not seperated buth all to gether,
    and not in,, my daz direction??

and so daz 4 studio can not find ennything,
    only the stuf what is in my poser program.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

Have they done something to the transparency algorithm it seems to be rendering insanely fast even with Uber lighting it flies could it be ????

you'd have to ask the group that makes their rendering engine of choice.
    http://www.3delight.com/en/index.php

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

dol said:
    speaking is no problem,
    buth writing??

afther i install effrything,
    daz4 is/cann not find ennything

victoria4 etz i ceth the messits that the folder cann not be found

also with gennisis the folder dont exsist?

and way is norging poet in maps like in poser?

now i have in my documents all the stuf like jpeg and png dsf and duf?? 21.124 items in whan/1 map/my documents,?

than in ,not seperated buth all to gether,
    and not in,, my daz direction??

Hi
    if it will help write up your problem in Dutch and I will get it translated and an answer written back in Dutch for you.

Hoi

Mischien helpt het als je je probleem in het Nederlands beschrijft, zodat wij het kunnen laten vertalen, en dan kunnen wij je een antwoord teruggeven in het Nederlands.

edited December 1969

NeilV 1 said:
    dol said:
    speaking is no problem,
    buth writing??

Hi
    if it will help write up your problem in Dutch and I will get it translated and an answer written back in Dutch for you.

Hoi

Mischien helpt het als je je probleem in het Nederlands beschrijft, zodat wij het kunnen laten vertalen, en dan kunnen wij je een antwoord teruggeven in het Nederlands.

:-)

ik downlood de instalie software,
    dat ,als het goed is.. alles istaleerd ?

dan kijk ik in mijn documenten daar staat alles door elkaar? dus niet in verschillende mappen,
    dus zo in me documenten map,,dus ook niet in de map mijn daz map,zoals beschreven staat bij het instaleren,
    dus ik heb nu tussen al mijn andere spullen in die map +- 1200 daz dingen staan?
    ok dat vertellen ze ook bij de uitleg dat de instalatie daar staat?maar alles los lijkt mij niet goed?

dan in de map program files x86,staat daz studio,maar zonder mappen,van bv figuren en pose?

ok het zal wel kloppen denk je dan.

dus open ik daz studio,
    maar die kan victoria 4 en genezus aiko etz niet vinden,daar word bij vermeld in een popup dat de map niet bestaat??
    of bv dat ik eerst het moet instaleren,dat daz studio dat genezus programma nodig heeft etz,

dus ik kijk bij het instaltie programma of het geinstaleerd is,,dan hoort er een V voor te staan? en er staat bij dat het geinstaleerd is?
    waarom werkt het dan niet of kan daz studio het niet vinden,

alles bij mekaar genomen heeft i drie plekken in gebruik op mijn pc schijven,
    ps alles wat poser is, staat er wel??
    maar omdat het daz/poser samenwerkend programma niet geistaleerd is in studio,,(word wel aangegeven in het daz instaltie programma,) vraag ik me af waar het dan allemaal blijft?
    want ik zou niet weten wat daz studio nodig heeft zodat het wel werkt,
    want nu staat in daz studio bij bv personen/poses,overal een leeg voorbeeld
    of er staat de victoria 4 en aiko wel afgebeeld,maar vanuit daz studio is die map dus niet te vinden?

edited December 1969

ik downlood de instalie software,
    dat ,als het goed is.. alles istaleerd ?
    I download the installer software, that, if it’s correct, installs everything?

dan kijk ik in mijn documenten daar staat alles door elkaar? dus niet in verschillende mappen,
    dus zo in me documenten map,,dus ook niet in de map mijn daz map,zoals beschreven staat bij het instaleren,
    dus ik heb nu tussen al mijn andere spullen in die map +- 1200 daz dingen staan?
    ok dat vertellen ze ook bij de uitleg dat de instalatie daar staat?maar alles los lijkt mij niet goed?
    Then I look in My Documents and everything there is mixed up, so not in different folders, so in My Documents so also not the folder my daz folder as was described while installing, so now I have in that map over 1200 things in between my other things? Then they also explained that the installation is there? But everything loose doesn’t look goed to me?

dan in de map program files x86,staat daz studio,maar zonder mappen,van bv figuren en pose?
    Then in the folder program files x86 is Daz Studio, but without folders, with for example figures and pose?

ok het zal wel kloppen denk je dan.
    Alright, that’s got to be right you think.

dus open ik daz studio,
    maar die kan victoria 4 en genezus aiko etz niet vinden,daar word bij vermeld in een popup dat de map niet bestaat??
    of bv dat ik eerst het moet instaleren,dat daz studio dat genezus programma nodig heeft etz,
    so I then open Daz Studio, but it can’t find victoria 4 and genezus Aiko and so forth, which gets anounced in a popup saying that the folder doesn’t exsist?

dus ik kijk bij het instaltie programma of het geinstaleerd is,,dan hoort er een V voor te staan? en er staat bij dat het geinstaleerd is?
    waarom werkt het dan niet of kan daz studio het niet vinden,
    so I look at the installation program to see if it installed, then there should be a V in front of it? So why doesn’t it work or can’t daz studio not find it,

alles bij mekaar genomen heeft i drie plekken in gebruik op mijn pc schijven,
    ps alles wat poser is, staat er wel??
    All together I have 3 places in use writing on my PC, and everything Poser is there?

maar omdat het daz/poser samenwerkend programma niet geistaleerd is in studio,,(word wel aangegeven in het daz instaltie programma,) vraag ik me af waar het dan allemaal blijft?
    But because the program to make daz/poser work together isn’ installed in studio (which does get indicated in the daz installation program) I am wondering where it then all goes?

want ik zou niet weten wat daz studio nodig heeft zodat het wel werkt,
    want nu staat in daz studio bij bv personen/poses,overal een leeg voorbeeld
    of er staat de victoria 4 en aiko wel afgebeeld,maar vanuit daz studio is die map dus niet te vinden?
    Because I wouldn’t know what daz studio needs to work, because now for example in persons/poses there is an empty example or there is a picture of Victoria or Aiko, but from daz studio that folder can’t be found?

edited July 2014

NeilV 1 said:

many thanks,,bedankt,
    cuestion/vraag what kind of translate program is this??

Post edited by dol on
    edited December 1969

dol said:
    NeilV 1 said:

many thanks,,bedankt,

This translation program is called "partner of one of our CVs" :D

Dit vertaal programma heet "partner van een van onze vrijwilligers" :D

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

NeilV 1 said:
    dol said:
    NeilV 1 said:

many thanks,,bedankt,

This translation program is called "partner of one of our CVs" :D

Dit vertaal programma heet "partner van een van onze vrijwilligers" :D
    NeilV you're Awesome!!! Thank you so much for the first laugh I had today. I really could use that.:)

Ned.: NeilV, jij bent geweldig! Heel hartelijk bedankt voor de eerste lach vandaag. Ik kan dat heel goed gebruiken. :)

@Dol: Ik hoop dat het zo duidelijk is en ik wou dat ik je zo goed had kunnen helpen als NeilV. :)

Love, Jeanne

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

My weight map brush (regular or smoothing) is disappearing in this version.. not sure why but it will work for a little bit and then stop, can't see the circle influence nor will it do anything if I try to use it anyway. With normalize on auto or off, doesn't matter. Needless to say it's completely impossible for me to do my job with this not working. any ideas? The linear and spherical gradient tools still work, but not optimal for what I'm doing..

• Daniel BarnettDaniel Barnett Posts: 389
    edited December 1969

DIM not showing 4.6.3.52 ??? My current ver is 4.6.3.50.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Scenes saved with a subd figure set to catmull-clark are crashing 4.6.3.52 Studio on load, or shortly thereafter. As in crash to desktop with the little "Please wait..." window popping up. (When the OpenSubDiv stuff was first introduced, it had some issues with exports to Reality, so I was setting things back to catmull-clark at that time. OSD now works fine with exporting to Reality.) I have to decompress the .duf, find the subdiv type and set it back to 0 before Studio can read the scene without crashing. I have had this happen with multiple scenes using different figures.

• TimingisEverythingTimingisEverything Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

Okay I ran into a problem with Zbrush

Zbrush morphs arent transferring to clothing after I reopen a scene.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited December 1969

Are the morphs still present in the figure? Are they set to Auto Follow (in Parameter settings - click the gear icon at the right-hand end of the slider).

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Are you saving the clothing out with the new morphs?

edited December 1969

Are the morphs still present in the figure? Are they set to Auto Follow (in Parameter settings - click the gear icon at the right-hand end of the slider).

Yes

edited July 2014

RAMWolff said:
    Are you saving the clothing out with the new morphs?

No. but, I never had to do this before, also I noticed that the Legacy V4 Morph was not transferring to clothing as well

I reinstalled a previous version and am now able to open scenes with morphs transferred still

it took me to reinstall and restart my computer, for it to fully work again, probably had to clear cache

I would like to add, The morphs did not show up even after using the Transfer utility

Post edited by TimingisEverything on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...CMS is still being a pain. Rolled back to the old one because the Postgre update didn't work at all (and I uninstalled/reinstalled it as well as installed the conversion file) save for new downloads/installs.

Seems it doesn't take long for the old one to just quit. Today it totally crashed, sending 4.6 into a perpetual loop which ended up contributing to the corruption of a scene file I had been working on for the last several days (discovered it occurred at the same time I was cancelling a spot render after checking both the log file and Windows event log ["end of file parameter missing" error]).

Considering permanently disabling it and just going back to spending the extra time performing manual searches in the content tab. There really needed to be a standard file naming convention at least for what appears in the Figures, Poses, and Props folders.

If I still had Net access from home, I'd just uninstall everything, re-download to a temp folder, and start all over manually installing, recategorising, and renaming things the way they should be. The only things that make sense in my runtime are my Redno, RDNA, PoserDirect, HiveWire, and freebie content as they were all manual installs.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,059
    edited December 1969

KK, from the sound of it the conversion utility is not working because your Valentina CMS database is corrupted.

I would suggest salvaging what you can. Get the CMS up and export your userdata from within DAZ Studio. Then shut Studio down and install the proper (32 or 64 bit) version of Postgres.

Start up Studio, go into Content DB Maintenance, and re-import metadata. (If you shut DIM down first, wait a bit before starting Studio - I keep forgetting and get Studio up just as Postgres shuts down. If this happens to you - got to the Content tab, select the options menu, and do a Stop CMS followed by Start CMS).

This will put you on Postgres with as much as can be salvaged from Valentina and all the content data from the installed products.

I haven't heard of anyone having problems with Postgres so far (with Studio, that is - there are issues with the Zone Alarm firewalls and Postgres).

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...Only the one file was corrupted and there is no way to fix it as the code is proprietary (looked at it in Notepad and it is total "gibberish")

I am loathe to reinstall Postgre because it didn't work at all. When it was still installed, I looked in Edit/Preferences to re-import the metadata but failed to find such an option anywhere.

I have since backed up all my other scene/scene subset files both on the drive as well as a USB stick.

Yeah the old CMS shuts down with more frequency than our transit system's LRT trams.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    I am loathe to reinstall Postgre because it didn't work at all. When it was still installed, I looked in Edit/Preferences to re-import the metadata but failed to find such an option anywhere.

That's in the Content Library pane's menu icon, select "Content DB Maintenance" > "Re-Import Metadata..." (not the main file menu or anything.), just in case you could have been looking in the wrong spot.
  • areg5areg5 Posts: 617
    edited December 1969

I just updated, and it seems that many of the smart content files cannot be found. An icon of the figure shows, for example, but when I click on it I get a message that the file doesn't exist. I can find the file, however, using the content directory and it works fine when I find it. I upgraded using download manager from the previous version with the included update of the content manager.

Any way to get my smart content working again?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,342
    edited December 1969

Check and see if your CMS is running in your task manager

• areg5areg5 Posts: 617
    edited December 1969

areg5 said:
    I just updated, and it seems that many of the smart content files cannot be found. An icon of the figure shows, for example, but when I click on it I get a message that the file doesn't exist. I can find the file, however, using the content directory and it works fine when I find it. I upgraded using download manager from the previous version with the included update of the content manager.

Any way to get my smart content working again?

Never mind. I reset the DB and re-imported the metadata. All fixed.

• edited December 1969

I wonder if it is just me, but I have been having this issue with DS in the last few versions - not just the current one. When I close the program, the DAZStudio.exe process keeps running and never closes. I noticed this by accident, when I opened Task Manager in Win7 x64 to close a task, and noticed I had multiple instances of DAZStudio.exe still running from previous sessions.

I can close them from Task Manager, but I have to do this every time I run DS4. Again, this is not new with this version - it was already happening in the previous one. Don't know about the other versions because I have only noticed this in the previous one. I thought this version could fix it, but it still happens.

Most people will never open Task Manager, so they may never notice this. Is it just me?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

ken1171 said:
    I wonder if it is just me, but I have been having this issue with DS in the last few versions - not just the current one. When I close the program, the DAZStudio.exe process keeps running and never closes. I noticed this by accident, when I opened Task Manager in Win7 x64 to close a task, and noticed I had multiple instances of DAZStudio.exe still running from previous sessions.

I can close them from Task Manager, but I have to do this every time I run DS4. Again, this is not new with this version - it was already happening in the previous one. Don't know about the other versions because I have only noticed this in the previous one. I thought this version could fix it, but it still happens.

Most people will never open Task Manager, so they may never notice this. Is it just me?

Do you have the Octane plugin?

• edited August 2014

Do you have the Octane plugin?

Yes I do, but I currently have it disabled because I only render with Octane in Poser. The plugin makes my video card *very* noisy whenever I run DS (even when Octane is not used), so I disabled it. Would the plugin still cause the DS process to keep running even when disabled?

Post edited by ken_1171_618f9cd0b2 on