Mac - unable to install through DIM

When I loaded up the Daz Install Manager today I got the 'update or work offline' message so I updated DIM...

After it was updated everything looked normal, I had a few product updates and a new Daz Studio update but none of these updates will install.

It downloads the updates as normal but then they sit at 0% on the install tab. After a long wait at 0% I tried to cancel the update but this causes DIM to get stuck. Then I have to force closed it.

Any ideas?

Comments

• supernoobsupernoob Posts: 153

Daz Studio seems to be working normally though.

Except for the product that I have just tried to update, I assume that it's been deleted as it was expecting new files to replace the old ones.

The directory addresses in DIM settings all look correct too.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,258

May I have you check something?  

1. First, go to HD>Users>Shared> Daz 3D> Install Manager>Downloads
    2. Next, move any files out of that Downloads folder to a new folder; the Downloads folder should be empty now.
    3. Next, go to your Daz3d account>Product Library> and download the manual downloads of those producsts that DIM has a problem with.
    4. Next, put them in HD>Users>Shared> Daz 3D> Install Manager>Downloads
    5. Open DIM and work offline; the products should show up in the center Ready to Install....install them.
    6. Try putting DIM online again and installing from there.

If the manual DIM install didn't work, then the problem is on your side and we can troubleshoot from there.

edited January 2021

nemesis10 said:

May I have you check something?  

1. First, go to HD>Users>Shared> Daz 3D> Install Manager>Downloads
    2. Next, move any files out of that Downloads folder to a new folder; the Downloads folder should be empty now.
    3. Next, go to your Daz3d account>Product Library> and download the manual downloads of those producsts that DIM has a problem with.
    4. Next, put them in HD>Users>Shared> Daz 3D> Install Manager>Downloads
    5. Open DIM and work offline; the products should show up in the center Ready to Install....install them.
    6. Try putting DIM online again and installing from there.

If the manual DIM install didn't work, then the problem is on your side and we can troubleshoot from there.

Hi Nemesis, thank you for your reply.

I followed your instructions but, when I got to number 5, the products do not show up in the Ready to Install tab. I also tried logging in but they still didn't appear.

Post edited by supernoob on
    edited January 2021

nemesis10

I did a bit of testing and I have discovered something strange.

In the Ready to Download tab, there is a checkbox option 'Install After Download'. I have always left this option checked (enabled).

I disabled this option and then downloaded one of the problem products. I then went to the Ready to Install tab and it allowed me to install the product.

I don't understand this at all. I have used DIM to install over 1500 products and I have never had to disable this option before.

edited January 2021

What I said above...

It only worked for that one product, all of the others failed to install and got stuck at 0%

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,258

Sorry for the slow reply... I have a theory so I will have you test it.  The Issue is a defective DIM so I would like you to download and install a fresh copy.  This one will overwrite the copy you have but you don't have to change any settings.  I'm not sure if permissions on our Macs get screwed up and block installation but this is a nice simple painless thing to try. Go to https://www.daz3d.com/install-manager-info/

edited January 2021

nemesis10 said:

Sorry for the slow reply... I have a theory so I will have you test it.  The Issue is a defective DIM so I would like you to download and install a fresh copy.  This one will overwrite the copy you have but you don't have to change any settings.  I'm not sure if permissions on our Macs get screwed up and block installation but this is a nice simple painless thing to try. Go to https://www.daz3d.com/install-manager-info/

Hi Nemesis,

I downloaded DIM again, it automatically uninstalled the old copy and then installed the new copy.

But the issue remains, DIM allowed the normal installation of one update and then the next update got stuck at 0% and wouldn't install.

edited January 2021

nemesis10

I changed accessibility permission for Daz and it seemed to fix it allowed one install, then it got stuck at 0% on the very next product.

No, it's stopped working again after one install.

I think it might be something to do with installing the Daz Studio update.

I restarted DIM and it let me install several new products without any problems. Then I tried to install the Studio update and it downloads but then gets stuck at 0% install (no system messages pop up, it just stays on 0% permanently). After the Studio update gets stuck, nothing else will install until I clear everything and restart.

Can't establish CMS now either.

edited January 2021

I've got CMS working again so everything must be linked up properly.

And I've got a bit further, hoping that this might make sense to someone.

It was just hanging before but now I get the following error message when I try to install the Daz Studio update through DIM...

error.png
    842 x 292 - 28K