Pubic Hair (can't get rid of)

It seems that more and more models are coming with dark pubic hair as a default. Fetching though this might be, because it seems to be an integral part of the base model I can't get rid of it. This is a problem if I want my character to be a blonde! It doesn't seem in any way to be accessable/selectable/hideable. I'm sure the creator didn't intend for the character to be dark haired only - so I must be missing something. I have no trouble getting to what I want when I have a clean canvas....but I just can't get rid of this underlying hair. Any thoughts anyone?

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited January 2021

Well, carpets and curtains don't always match.

All joking aside, you would have to paint it out using photoshop or gimp.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,115

Yeah, that's normally painted directly on the textures.So you'll have to find a skin texture that doesn't or as nicstt said, paint over them in photoshop or gimp.Any G3F or G8F texture will work on any G8F.

Don't forget to save your work as a materials preset so you can apply it to other G8/G3 characters after you put together something you like.

• You could also give the poor girl (I assume, from the e on blonde) some clothes, or use Hexagon or the like to make a new UV with the pelvic region shifted so that skin was over the pubic area and apply that, with the same skin texture, to a Geoemtry Shell with a simple mask to make only the required "patch" visible - the technique used by eye-brow removal tools.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

Also, somewhat lazily, you can add multiple instances of 'fibre hair' pubic hair thick enough to hide the hair drawn on the image. Or you can create your own pubic hair via DAZ Studio's Strand Based Hair function.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

DawnStar said:

It seems that more and more models are coming with dark pubic hair as a default. Fetching though this might be, because it seems to be an integral part of the base model I can't get rid of it. This is a problem if I want my character to be a blonde! It doesn't seem in any way to be accessable/selectable/hideable. I'm sure the creator didn't intend for the character to be dark haired only - so I must be missing something. I have no trouble getting to what I want when I have a clean canvas....but I just can't get rid of this underlying hair. Any thoughts anyone?

Like others, I usually use a photo editor (Affinity Photo in my case) to clone skin tones over that area but I have to say that I support your complaint 100%. 

@Zev0 has SkinBuilder which has a function for adding PH as an overlay. I wish he would release that as a stand-alone with the ability to mask out the existing PH as an alternative,

• Thank you everyone. So it is indeed as it seems.....mad! Unnecessary work - the creator would have done better to have left the hair off altogether!

But thanks for all the workarounds. smiley

• Hehehe! Quite so! I can pretend that rather than it being me who is cutting corners and being lazy, it is the character herself!

nicstt sahid:

Well, carpets and curtains don't always match.

All joking aside, you would have to paint it out using photoshop or gimp.

• LauritaLaurita Posts: 196

No matter if pubic hair or eyebrows: Alternative materials without hair (or no hair from the get go) would be best in any case, as far as I am concerned.

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

If you have the gens add-on for G8F (comes with most Pro bundles) you could add that and then use a torsoUV map, it will use texture from the torso for the gens.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,907

I guess the scanned photographic models didn't XXX waxblush

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited January 2021

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I guess the scanned photographic models didn't XXX waxblush

I think it is more likely that many PAs also use the clone brush in Photoshop for hair removal. Exactly what we need to do if we want to do that ourselves, of course, but I don't think that I am quite as skilled with a photo editor as a Pro-Artist. There tend to be issues of skin-tone and shadow matching which I find frustrating to get a good match. 

Post edited by marble on
  • supernoobsupernoob Posts: 153

DawnStar said:

Thank you everyone. So it is indeed as it seems.....mad! Unnecessary work - the creator would have done better to have left the hair off altogether!

But thanks for all the workarounds. smiley

I have a character with the same problem, the hair is so vast and dark that the character honestly can't be used with swimwear. I'm not joking, 9/10 swimsuits are instant no-go.