Victoria 6 Base Very Free - EXTENDED

Comments

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Wow, a huge bow to all of you. Considering I was trying to log in to the shop all afternoon, evening and night two days ago to no avail. Then I woke up very early yesterday to pick up lots of Genesis and Gen2F goodies (clothes and hairstyles) celebrating my job bonus. Now, we're getting this.

Anybody still not sure that DAZ's customer feedback-based democracy is among the very best?! :coolgrin: Your marketing wizards deserve each buck they earn. A great respect!

• michaeltoomichaeltoo Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

Thanks to all those on the Daz team who made the decision to make the V6 base model free, thank you all very much. :-)

edited December 1969

I'm simply in awe for a smart marketing move. I introduced many friends to DAZ and now seeing this offer, they're all like "I'll pick up this, this and this, oh, that looks useful, oh my, SHINY!!!" :P. You bind the customers to the company this way and both sides are happy.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Thank you!!! Happily I filled out the request for store credit and look forward to putting some clothes on her ;-)

Clothes? Just put her in a temple with a sword and she will be happy.

Thank you very much DAZ!!!

lol .... and in which ST set would this then go? [jk]

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,878
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Thank you!!! Happily I filled out the request for store credit and look forward to putting some clothes on her ;-)

A vulcan one!

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

lol .... and in which ST set would this then go? [jk]The Triskelion one?

edited December 1969

Oh guys, let's not be cheesy. Your posts about temples and swords sound slightly like a suggestion for a next "customers-we-love-you" uberoffer :coolgrin:.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

No, they are referring to the ubiquitous NVIATWAS

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

amirapsp said:
    Wow it worked, thank you so much for your help ;-)

It's a common-but-doesn't-bite-everyone store bug where you become un-logged-in after a random time of browsing the store. When your login status is uncertain, the store doesn't know what to do with any stuff you want to put in your cart. If the add-then-take-away act doesn't work, check the row of links right up at the top of any DAZ page (just above the search box) — you might need to log out then log back in again.
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Dumb question time... what does NVIATWAS mean?

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,845
    edited June 2014

chohole said:

I didn't write this, but this is the explanation:

Naked Vicki in a Temple With a Sword (NVIATWAS)

First found in the Bryce software user community on renderosity.com referring to the use of the Poser software (curiouslabs.com). A pejorative term for Poser produced artwork that uses stock 3D naked women (the default since you have to add clothes) ... in a Temple ... With a Sword. Something easy, unerotic, and pretending to be art.

Post edited by nDelphi on
    edited December 1969

nDelphi said:
    chohole said:

First found in the Bryce software user community on renderosity.com referring to the use of the Poser software (curiouslabs.com). A pejorative term for Poser produced artwork that uses stock 3D naked women (the default since you have to add clothes) ... in a Temple ... With a Sword. Something easy, unerotic, and pretending to be art.

Remembering of course that when it was first coined Poser was the only program of it's type out there, no DAZ Studio at that time.

edited December 1969

nDelphi said:
    chohole said:

I should have thought about this. I forgot the title was so long!

edited December 1969

nDelphi said:
    chohole said:

I should have thought about this. I forgot the title was so long!

"Before my time" in the 3D world ;-)

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Mattymanx said:

A vulcan one!

Hmm ... if I recall correctly one of the robes in this package would be appropriate for said set which I haven't built yet.
    http://www.daz3d.com/hooded-cloak-pack-for-genesis-2-females [about $2 for PC members]

• DirewrathDirewrath Posts: 225
    edited December 1969

Wow, thank you! I've been eyeballing some of the morphs sets for her in the store and this just really makes my day :)

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

A HUGE thank you from an old-timer =)

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

What's the time limit on the 'Oh no, I only bought this a couple of weeks ago and now it's for free - give me my money back but let me keep it'? I bought V6 on the 9th ....

And as the free V6 offer only runs to end Sunday, I can't get a refund from support then re-buy at free.

edited December 1969

DavidGB said:
    What's the time limit on the 'Oh no, I only bought this a couple of weeks ago and now it's for free - give me my money back but let me keep it'? I bought V6 on the 9th ....

And as the free V6 offer only runs to end Sunday, I can't get a refund from support then re-buy at free.

Last I heard "30 days" ...

And good heavens, you don't have to rebuy it! Just ask for a "store credit" for the price difference ... CS link up top and the "contact us" link. Sales dept. Very nice people. Be polite ;-)

They'll put the credit into your account as soon as they can ... I rather expect they're somewhat flooded with the sales but it will happen.
    Then when you go to purchase something, the available credit will be listed on the "how are you going to pay for this" page.

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited June 2014

I've been getting "maximum allowed for purchase is one" errors. It's neither in my cart nor in my product library.

EDIT: Thanks, MattyManx! I found where you answered the problem!

Post edited by Eustace Scrubb on
  • WahilWahil Posts: 307
    edited June 2014

Come to the dark side, we have cookies...

No, no ...... come over to the nerd side, we have pi

Post edited by Wahil on
    edited December 1969

Thank you :-)

Error Message: Unable to receive your submission at this time

"re-sending transmission" ... "anybody out there, please respond"

sunny6.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 605K
  • TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,667
    edited December 1969

When my old lady heard this promotion, she went into rage mode. Apparently we bought V6 at full price a while back. You win some, you lose some. We have a policy of only buying what we can afford to pay for during the grace period, so at least we didn't have to pay any interest on it I guess. I warned her way back not to buy from daz without a really nice sale price, maybe now she listen from now on :P

edited December 1969

TheKD said:
    When my old lady heard this promotion, she went into rage mode. Apparently we bought V6 at full price a while back. You win some, you lose some. We have a policy of only buying what we can afford to pay for during the grace period, so at least we didn't have to pay any interest on it I guess. I warned her way back not to buy from daz without a really nice sale price, maybe now she listen from now on :P

If it was in less than thirty days from now, write to the support and ask for a gift card credit with the difference. You will keep V6, but get the price she costs - though you'll only be able to use it here. Still, it's much better than nothing, right?

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,301
    edited December 1969

I think you can ask for the credit to be applied to you CC or Paypal if you want, you need to make that clear in your ticket, unfortunately I bought her over 30 days ago - don't know why I bothered, rarely use her.

edited December 1969

TheKD said:

If it was in less than thirty days from now, write to the support and ask for a gift card credit with the difference. You will keep V6, but get the price she costs - though you'll only be able to use it here. Still, it's much better than nothing, right?

Actually it is not a gift card if you ask for a refund, it is Store credit that is added to your account, if you choose that option for a refund.

edited December 1969

Store credit received today :-)

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Actually it is not a gift card if you ask for a refund, it is Store credit that is added to your account, if you choose that option for a refund.

Sorry, I meant the credit. Good to know the issue is solved.

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited June 2014

One grace leads to a whole new can of worms...proactive reimbursements? Rules are meant to be broken, policy is not.

Post edited by Dream Cutter on
  • hjakehjake Posts: 812
    edited December 1969

lee_lhs said:
    On a completely different note, thanks for posting the ending time of the offer. :-)

I ABSOLUTELY, 1000%, endorse this comment.

Knowing when something will end allows us to plan out purchases.

I have passed up a few items because I could not co-ordinate the purchase with my other purchases.

on another note:

c sharp :-)