Carrara Challenge #55 - The Seasons - Last Minute Entires

Comments

•  Thanks, Sci Fi Funk!  Some of the details about the render are here.

One correction - the priest is not clapping.  His hands are held in prayer.

You are a skilled Carrara amimator.  I hope that you eventually consider posting some entries in the Carrara Challenge.  Sometimes animations are accepted as entries, but Man does not live by animations alone. :)

WendyLuvsCatz said:

not an entry kiss just wanted to add my spice

The perfect ingredients, Wendy!

• Thanks heart I cheated slightly, yes it is all Carrara native render

but

the outfit was draped in that plugin called DAZ studio and exported as an obj

it is Carrara fur and Genesis 2 Hag was loaded in Carrara

I did however resave the hierarchical pose as a figure pose too in D|S, sometimes we need that plugin to fix stuffs.

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited December 2020

I'm having issues adding multiple quotes to a post.  I guess the forum still has some limitations.

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • Diomede said:

Variation on a freebie tree I offered at ShareCG.  Some changes to make the branches more dense, leaves bigger, replicated some decorative balls, added the tree skirt and star, and that sort of thing.

Freebie here.  https://sharecg.com/v/92793/gallery/5/3D-Model/Xmas-Tree-with-Tinsel-Carrara-Format

Very Christmassy, Diomede. Thanks for offering the freebie.

• Vyusur said:

"Hot Boys Season"

Carrara native render, no postwork.

Vyusur, excellent lighting and mood.  Not exactly my cup of tea smiley but a very skillful presentation.  And of course, your characters are terrific.

I used Leon yet again in the Raining Men contest.  The gift that keeps on giving. :)

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

UB, thank you for your kind words and for the nice comment! This time I used characters of my custom figures I'm working on.
    As for "cup of tea", I understand your position but, honestly, I'm tired of all those boobs and all that stuff.
    I like your historical image very much. It reminds me of old oil paintings. It would be even better if it only was not Michael 4.

• Ahh, but it is not Michael 4.  It is Henry 8!  smileysmileysmiley

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

If the image was more of a closeup or portrait, I agree that maybe a newer and more detailed character could be useful.  But at that distance...  Plus, M4 was the newest figure in that render.  Still, I appreciate the nice words.

I understand the boobs comment.  Strangely, I haven't post a boob render in this Challenge.  I must be slipping. smiley

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,867
    edited December 2020

I love Veronika's boys but they only have love for each other heart

cannot blame them, both hotties kiss

I use M3 and V3 still, UB it looks good why not.

and regrabbed Ted's tree off shareCG as unsure if I had it

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

UnifiedBrain said:

Ahh, but it is not Michael 4.  It is Henry 8!  smileysmileysmiley

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

If the image was more of a closeup or portrait, I agree that maybe a newer and more detailed character could be useful.  But at that distance...  Plus, M4 was the newest figure in that render.  Still, I appreciate the nice words.

I understand the boobs comment.  Strangely, I haven't post a boob render in this Challenge.  I must be slipping. smiley

I noticed that your latest renders are different. I thought you took a break. smiley

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited December 2020

I noticed that your latest renders are different. I thought you took a break. smiley

Yep, took a break. wink

Winter, spring, summer or fall... all you got to do is call

I went for a little James Taylor / Wind in the Willows vibe on this one.  I hope that people are familiar with both.

BTW - Wind in the Willows is the most glaring omission from the Time Magazine best 100 fantasy books list.  That, and Zelazny's Amber series.

The frog guy is Ribbits for genesis, and the mouse is Furry Friends Mouse.  The background likely needs no explanation.  I've never used a Howie scene in a Challenge.  Seemed fitting this time.

I love Headwax's Storm Creek.  My only complaint is that it really slows Carrara down.  Not sure why, as it is mostly replicated stuff.  Worth it, though.

No postwork or boobs. smiley

Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall.png
    1700 x 1133 - 3M
    Winter, Spring Setup.JPG
    1667 x 1078 - 529K
    Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198

@unifiedBrain - re clapping - ah of course.

re: entering - maybe one time I could reuse one of my large scenes to fit the competition. Cheers.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

Vyusur said:

"Hot Boys Season"

Fantastic job, as always, Veronika.  Staging is perfect.

UnifiedBrain said:

Yep, took a break. wink

I went for a little James Taylor / Wind in the Willows vibe on this one.  I hope that people are familiar with both.

BTW - Wind in the Willows is the most glaring omission from the Time Magazine best 100 fantasy books list.  That, and Zelazny's Amber series.

The frog guy is Ribbits for genesis, and the mouse is Furry Friends Mouse.  The background likely needs no explanation.  I've never used a Howie scene in a Challenge.  Seemed fitting this time.

I love Headwax's Storm Creek.  My only complaint is that it really slows Carrara down.  Not sure why, as it is mostly replicated stuff.  Worth it, though.

This lack of boobies is disturbing the Force.  But another excelent job, UB.  The background is one of my favorite Howie sets but I've never been good at integrating it with figures.  Congrats.

edited December 2020

Boobies.  I have had a terrible time with inspiration lately.  Then I was reminded that it is always time for Scantily Clad Vicky in a Ceremonial Cave with a dagger.

So here is a quick WIP of a realistic sky using sunlight and caustics to align the equinox with a transparent / reflective / subsurface scattering / translucent, gem.  The character is not Vicky, it is Lotus by Silver Countess.  Otherwise, I hope it is compliant with NVIATWAS to the extent that the TOS allows.

need some boobies 01.jpg
    1882 x 974 - 187K
    need some boobies 02.jpg
    1841 x 989 - 184K
    Seasons Henge Scene 06.png
    1600 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • Thanks Diomede.  Great looking gemstone.  Glad someone is mentioning the equinox in this Challenge.  Look forward to see where you go with this.

Lotus by Silver Countess?  A new one on me.  Is Silver Countess a vendor somewhere?

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,811

WendyLuvsCatz said:

this is creeping me out Wendy!

when I look at it the candles start flickering .... far out! I honestly thought it was an ani-gif....

how did you do that!

Vyusur said:

"Hot Boys Season"

great work Veronika... my first thoughts looking at your image was Russia and 'Go West' by the PetShop Boys....  c'mon c'mon c'mon .... together.... 

yes

UnifiedBrain said:

Yep, took a break. wink

Wind in the Willows.... we had to read that in 6th Grade I think it was... great work as usual UB even without the boobies blush 

• Stezza said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

this is creeping me out Wendy!

when I look at it the candles start flickering .... far out! I honestly thought it was an ani-gif....

how did you do that!

just small but bright light spheres on the bulbs in front of the flames, there is a smoke transmap too as used Rougey and Strangefate's candles, added carrara wax sss as the shader though

• Stezza said:

Wind in the Willows.... we had to read that in 6th Grade I think it was... great work as usual UB even without the boobies blush 

Thanks Stezza. :)

UB - the vendor for Lotus is listed as Countess but files are saved in Silver Countess folders.  Lotus is a charcter for G2F.  Thanks for the equinox comment.

The G2F Lotus character is https://www.daz3d.com/lotus

edited December 2020

Speaking of Silver Countess characters and seasons, Lotus decided to go ice fishing.

Another simple set created with heightmaps and Carrara's terrain modeler.  Used an image editor to make separate heightmaps for the distant shoreline and for the holes for the ice fishing.  The heightmaps for the holes include cracks for the ice where Lotus falls off the stool. 

Fall and Crack the Ice 04 large with stool.jpg
    1600 x 1190 - 295K
    HM ice distant land next to lake.jpg
    512 x 512 - 18K
    HM ice blur.jpg
    512 x 512 - 11K
    HM ice cracks.jpg
    512 x 512 - 12K

Diomede said:

Vyusur said:

"Hot Boys Season"

Fantastic job, as always, Veronika.  Staging is perfect.

Ted, thank you so much for your kind words!

Stezza said:

Vyusur said:

"Hot Boys Season"

great work Veronika... my first thoughts looking at your image was Russia and 'Go West' by the PetShop Boys....  c'mon c'mon c'mon .... together.... 

yes

Dave, thank you very much! As for groups, I am more familiar with the music of BackStreet Boys.blush

• Diomede said:

UB - the vendor for Lotus is listed as Countess but files are saved in Silver Countess folders.  Lotus is a charcter for G2F.  Thanks for the equinox comment.

The G2F Lotus character is https://www.daz3d.com/lotus

Thanks for the info.

I did a search yesterday for Countess or Lotus on the Daz site, and came up with nothing.  Today, both showed up.  Weird.  It turns out that Lotus is in the Aiko 6 Pro Bundle, which I have.  Too many products. :)

Excellent (and skillful) ice fishing render!

Diomede said:

Speaking of Silver Countess characters and seasons, Lotus decided to go ice fishing.

Another simple set created with heightmaps and Carrara's terrain modeler.  Used an image editor to make separate heightmaps for the distant shoreline and for the holes for the ice fishing.  The heightmaps for the holes include cracks for the ice where Lotus falls off the stool. 

Nice image in the whole, but with the options like that she hardly has a chance to stand up again.

edited December 2020

Good point, Veronika.  Thanks for the comment.  Ice fishing is not worth it.  Brrrr.  So, Lotus decided to wait until the Spring.

Another simple scene with the set based on heightmaps imported and stacked in Carrara's terrain editor.  The river water uses the trick of applying a water shader to a terrain and then doing a seamless grid replication in which the grid cell sizes match the size of the terrain.  Midground plants are the freebies I put at sharecg.  The background trees (beyond the ridge) are block from Dartanbeck's woodland realm enviro kit.  Rocks are just distorted vertex spheres.  I replicated some water droplets on part of the boots.

No postwork yet, except my sig.  I may touch this up a bit.  An example could be adding a fish, and maybe add some depth of field.  Not sure.  These exercises may have helped break my creative frustration.  I will probably return to my toon elf snow scene.

Thanks for the comment on ice fishing, UB.

Lotus Fishing JPG.jpg
    1072 x 1600 - 737K
    Screenshot 2020-12-23 040337.jpg
    1862 x 995 - 467K
    River Heightmap 01.jpg
    512 x 512 - 26K
    River Heightmap 05 opacity background land.jpg
    512 x 512 - 28K
    Lotus Fishing JPg 2.jpg
    1072 x 1600 - 737K
  • cool refraction on the boots yes

edited December 2020

Thanks for the kind words, Wendy.  I had a lot of fun playing around with transparency, refraction, reflection, etc with the water shader.  Had to choose between the versions that I though gave a nice sense of movement in the stream compared to versions that had better reflection.  Nice to hear something good about the one I chose.

Remember the wallowing bison?  I had created a landscape scene of the great plains with the Rocky Mountains in the distance, with a wallowing pit dug out.  Here, I added some bison by AM.  He really does a great job with his animals.  I posed a few in the foreground with a shadow catcher to dig out the pit.  I used a distant shadow catcher to hold the rest of the replicated herd.

EDIT: I moved the nursing mother to the side so the general landscape still gets emphasis.

c8e9cb26dbf1ec0fdc015c96d5548f.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 457K
    Screenshot 2020-12-23 063419.jpg
    1861 x 936 - 369K
    Screenshot 2020-12-23 063452.jpg
    1904 x 922 - 383K
    Bison render 02.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M
    Bison render 02 signed.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 506K
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927

sorry to be away so long should be back soon - wowo what a lot of terrific work I have missed :(