Transfer a taller morph of G8F to G3F

3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
edited December 2020 in The Commons

I've been trying to transfer a body morph (Leah) from G8F to G3F.  The character is taller than G3F, and I am getting wonky arms after transfer.  I have replicated this with Victoria 8 (who is also taller)

I assume I am missing the combination of settings in the Transfer Utility to do this.

I am using this transfer process, starting at PART 2, from @Sickleyield:  [Tutorial] Transferring Character Morphs G1G2G3G8 by SickleYield on DeviantArt

I have tried a lot of combinations of 45 degrees down and legs at 6 degrees out/in, or clones of A pose or T pose...but I still get wonky arms as I dial it into G3F after transfer.  

Here is what I am talking about using the V8 body morph...it is much, much worse with the Leah morph.  Any ideas?

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on

Comments

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Darn, this must be more difficult than I thought!  I think this is the first time I posted and went without reply for a day, and I've been around a while.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,571

It's never easy. Sickleyield is awesome! She is just, really one of the best, most generous people in the community. And she has a video tutorial that likely includes a fix for your problem. I suspect (can't prove) that if you changed the figure pose, the height difference would give you the noodle-arms problem. The part you want starts at the 3:40 mark in the linked video. I hope this helps you.

edited December 2020

Thanks for the idea!  I am going to try it out right now  :)

EDIT - No, it did not work, unfrotunately.  In the video, the shape transferred well, but the bending/rigging was off.  In my case the shape itself is not getting transferred correctly.  Then again, after I get the shape (if I can) transferred, you are right, I will need to do that, so thanks!

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on

I think I am just going to up-convert clothes/characters to G8F...now I just need a sale on:  Character Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D cheeky

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,571

That may be an easier way to do it!