Carrara Challenge #55 - The Seasons - Last Minute Entires

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,814

UnifiedBrain said:

Season's Greetings

used various models randomly chosen from Smart Content tab... amazing how much stuff I didn't know I had is there!

also used several models I made over the course of the year. Used Carrara'a text tool and Howie's Christmas tree and also 3dU elf & Santa.

a touch of postwork was done in PSE20

You do these ensembles better than anyone.  They always look fresh and creative.  I wondered if someone would do a Seasons Greetings.  It seems like most entries are targeting clever ways to use the word "season," and not so much other interpretations of the theme.  No complaints, as I am in the same boat.  Just an observation.

Did you use the Panos filter on this?  It looks like it (a bit).

yep, at around 40% with an overlay layer.

I haven't used anything grows which sound similar to anything goos which I do use  ... I think the forum software has fubar'd itself... 

• Thanks for confirming the filter.  I really like the look.

It appears that I got my grows and goos mixed up, sorry. smiley

• Definitely still fubar'd.  Couldn't edit and add to my last post.

• Regarding the forum issues, I found this in the Commons:

@DAZ_Rawb said that fixing the missing icons and style sheet issues broke the WYSIWYG editor and they are currently working on it.

UnifiedBrain said:

Regarding the forum issues, I found this in the Commons:

@DAZ_Rawb said that fixing the missing icons and style sheet issues broke the WYSIWYG editor and they are currently working on it.

yep, good job they tested all the updates before implementing the changes a month ago, otherwise there could have been problems.  devilcool

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,757

Stezza - love the Elf in Quarintine, Cicada is awesome, so thats how Wuflu got out, Seasons Greetings is cool

UB - Urgot looks great, nice drama with King Henry

Gips - nice shore scene, smoking is bad for health

booksbydavid - scene rocks !

Me - done a couple more but still can't post images, Plan B using the Gallery is not an option as there is currently no Gallery, might need to try Plan C

edited December 2020

Yay - success finally !!!

Autumn Stroll

Not letting me resize and post the images, a small step forward !
    CC55 Autumn Stroll WIP 1.png
    2271 x 1037 - 1M
    CC55 Autumn Stroll 1.png
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • you need to do a second post

• Nice Bunyip!  What changed?

Now that the forum is broken for everyone else, it starts working for you. :)

Thanks Wendy !

UB, was able to post those two images, but the next two I tried to load up refused to do so !!

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,989

UnifiedBrain said:

Nice Bunyip!  What changed?

Now that the forum is broken for everyone else, it starts working for you. :)

~   + 1  agree   ~

• Let's see how the forum works for me. 

Been working on this off and on when I can. I've been having a great time. I'd forgotten how much fun working in Carrara could be. :)

I managed to use the surface replicator, carrara's plant generator, Inagoni's fog and cloud, DCG's Enhance C and Shader Ops as well as some dynamic hair (Rebel hair but I've forgotten who created it). The modeling of the mushroom trees, flower and clothes was done in Silo 3D (I've never been able to wrap my brain around Carrara's modeller). Everything was mapped in 3dCoat and then finished up in Carrara. 

So, this is Planet Clayr (not planet Claire because everyone here does have a head...B52s anyone). On Planet Claire, the Spring season ends with the release of pollen from the Walking Miasma Plant. After this, Winter comes and then it's Spring again. Being covered in the dust of the Miasma Plant is considered to be good luck (if you survive). Planet Clayr is a much visited vacation spot for those who like interactive nature walks. :)

Last Day of Spring wip.jpg
    642 x 769 - 221K
    The Last Day of Spring final.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 561K
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited December 2020

Gorgeous results, especially after being away for so long!

Do you know how to post your images in the text box?  First, select "copy link location" when right clicking your uploaded image.  Then, in the editing bar, select (left click) the little box labled "image" (kind of looks like a little picture).  Right click and paste in the link under "URL."  Be sure to set the width to no more than 800 (forum rule).  If you want to have people also see the full sized image, go to the very top of the image properties box, and select "Link."  Paste your link info there as well, under "URL."  Do not change the "target."  People can then click on the image and have it expand to full size.  When you are done, click "OK."

There are a lot of steps, but once you have done it a few times, it becomes second nature.

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • Thanks.

Yeah, I was having trouble trying to figure out the image thing.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

UnifiedBrain said:

Gorgeous results, especially after being away for so long!

Do you know how to post your images in the text box?  First, select "copy link location" when right clicking your uploaded image.  Then, in the editing bar, select (left click) the little box labled "image" (kind of looks like a little picture).  Right click and paste in the link under "URL."  Be sure to set the width to no more than 800 (forum rule).  If you want to have people also see the full sized image, go to the very top of the image properties box, and select "Link."  Paste your link info there as well, under "URL."  Do not change the "target."  People can then click on the image and have it expand to full size.  When you are done, click "OK."

There are a lot of steps, but once you have done it a few times, it becomes second nature.

+1

Great to see you posting again, Bunyip.  Hope your image sizing woes get resolved quickly.

Thanks Diomede, was only able to get the two images to load, back to not working again !

Hopefully the ticket I put in will get it fixed....

booksbydavid - lovely image !!!

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,234

Bunyip - Autumn Stroll, nicely done! I like your use of 'cross' planes for the taller gass / weeds, as well as the use of those large planes with leaves on the trees. Just curious, are they Carrara trees or custom made?
    The background / backdrop has a good coloring for depth. yes

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,234

booksbydavid - Planet Clayr, I love it! Wonderfully creative explanation of Spring to WInter to Spring again. (And yeah, it does get that song playing in my head... smiley)

Those colors are ELECTRIC !

• When I gave posting instructions above, they were for a normal operating forum.  If the forum is still borked, there may be extra steps needed to post images.  The problem is, once you have browsed and added an image, and posted the comment and copied link location, you are suddenly faced with HTML in order to continue.

Below are instructions by Andricaus given in the Commons:  Worked for me.

Step 1: In the comment box, click the "Image" button and post the URL there (like you would normally do).

Step 2: Next, click the "Source" button and copy the code.

Step 3: Then paste that code into the edit window.

Step 4: Enjoy a well earned drink!

Bunyip02 said:

booksbydavid - lovely image !!!

~   + 1  agree   ~

DesertDude said :

Bunyip - Autumn Stroll, nicely done! I like your use of 'cross' planes for the taller gass / weeds, as well as the use of those large planes with leaves on the trees. Just curious, are they Carrara trees or custom made?

Thanks - Scenery used as a base was - Easy Environments: Autumn - https://www.daz3d.com/easy-environments-autumn

Good news and bad news.

Managed to upload images for It's Raining Men, but two images I did for the Challenge are refusing to load, will have to do another entry to take it's place ! Mystery as to why it's so....

edited December 2020

Salt & Pepper Seasoning

Don't know what happened to these images in the original render as they would not load onto the forum. Re-rendered the image and changed the saved name and hey presto it's working !!!

CC55 Dragon Seasoning 3 WIP.png
    2265 x 1031 - 698K
    CC55 Dragon Seasoning 3.png
    1600 x 1200 - 4M
    edited December 2020

Salt and pepper!  Good one, Bunyip.  Plus, you were able to load a full image.  Great to see you back.

Diomede said:

Salt and pepper!  Good one, Bunyip.  Plus, you were able to load a full image.  Great to see you back.

~   + 1  agree   ~

salt n pepper ... cool

reminds me back in my cricket playing days down the pub after a long day in the sun... we were at the bar when a player came up from the other side and said hi my name's Pepper ( we always say our surnames in Oz ) my team mate at the bar says hi my name is Salt... that's when the barney started.. but it was true their surnames were Salt and Pepper ... we laughed about it afterwards.

Some stylized claymation-inspired winter scene on it way if I can get past some creative blockage.  Accumulating assets.  

- Claymation evergreen with some replicated snow, suitable for replicating on a snowy landscape

- Toon house with snow on the roof

WIP Toon Winter.jpg
    800 x 600 - 35K
    wip 2.jpg
    981 x 888 - 130K

Diomede said:

Thanks !