DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.3.52, General Release, Now Available for Download!

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Saw that the Photoshop bridge got an update too. Can anyone tell me what was in that, or was it just a version number change due to DS being updated?
    Just a version number change. The Windows CC version, (which I know you are waiting for) presuming testing continues to go well, is likely to be in 4.6.4.X, or 4.7.X.X depending on what the next release is numbered.
    Thanks. Good news for those who use CC on Windows (I know it already works on Mac). I personally use CS6 Extended, though. :)
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...nothing is showing with the normal blue highlight in my content tab even though Task Manager indicates that the CMS is running.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...nothing is showing with the normal blue highlight in my content tab even though Task Manager indicates that the CMS is running.

PostgreSQL or Valentina? Is the content just not highlighted as new, or is there another problem?

edited December 1969

..PostgreSQL

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ..PostgreSQL

Is your content showing in Products/Categories/Smart Content?

edited December 1969

...none of the smart categories are showing in the content tab even after clicking the Database icon.

This just occurred after updating to the latest version of 4.6

edited December 1969

Was the PostgreSQL CMS working previously?
    What security software do you use?
    When DS is running are there 7 instances of postgres.exe in the Task Manager?

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,058
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...none of the smart categories are showing in the content tab even after clicking the Database icon.

Go to Content Library -> Options and do a 'Stop CMS' followed by a 'Start CMS'. I've found that if I start Studio immediately after stopping DIM I end up attaching to the Postgres that DIM has started to shut down. It pays to wait a couple of minutes between stopping DIM and starting Studio.

• gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

I was having problems installing it to the proper location until I noticed it was nested inside my last installation. The folder name changed again so I uninstalled, changed the folder name of the DAZ 64 folder to what the installer was using. Installed again and the new DS was found.

edited December 1969

...1. Yes
    2. Norton along with Malware Bytes and Sophos (though it previously ran fine with these)
    3. No only the Content Management Server.exe
    edited December 1969

namffuak said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Go to Content Library -> Options and do a 'Stop CMS' followed by a 'Start CMS'. I've found that if I start Studio immediately after stopping DIM I end up attaching to the Postgres that DIM has started to shut down. It pays to wait a couple of minutes between stopping DIM and starting Studio.
    ...I don't see any "Stop/Start" CMS controls there There is a tab that is titled CMS Settings but all that has is a selection called "Cluster Directory" and a field with a port number in it.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...1. Yes
    2. Norton along with Malware Bytes and Sophos (though it previously ran fine with these)
    3. No only the Content Management Server.exe

That means PostgreSQL isn't running, only Valentina.
    Shut down both DS and DIM and give them a few minutes to make sure there isn't a "stop postgreSQL" action still going on. Then launch DS and see if postgres..exe starts up in Task Manager. Also make sure Norton is still set to allow PostgreSQL and DS to communicate.

edited December 1969

...will give that a try. have an appointment so will do that when I get back.

Between having FF crash and burn seriously on me this morning, still trying to get refraction and water to look right in a scene I am working on, and now this, been a busy day of troubleshooting.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,305
    edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    No Daz was not opened when Dim installed it.
    Like I said, I don't know what happened in your particular case, just that it is the only way I have seen it happen.

Note that closing DAZ Studio takes a few, even after the program appears to be closed.

Another possible scenario is what happened in my case:
    Installing through DIM it first removed the existing DAZ Studio; then I got "Installation Failed". In my case this was because Administrative permissions had not yet been implemented. So then there was No DAZ Studio; but fortunately I was able to install it on a second attempt.

Charlie

edited June 2014

...OK the database icons for Products and Categories shows up in the content tab however nothing is in any of the folders.

There are also no "PostgreSQL" listings showing up in Tsk Manager, instead I have six processes listed with the name "conhost.exe"

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Vaskania said:
    Saw that the Photoshop bridge got an update too. Can anyone tell me what was in that, or was it just a version number change due to DS being updated?
    Just a version number change. The Windows CC version, (which I know you are waiting for) presuming testing continues to go well, is likely to be in 4.6.4.X, or 4.7.X.X depending on what the next release is numbered.

Thanks. Good news for those who use CC on Windows (I know it already works on Mac). I personally use CS6 Extended, though. :)

Glad to hear the CC compatible version of Photoshop bridge is getting closer.. :D

Steve.

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

I have issues with the last build of DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.3.52
    when editing or painting Weight maps , the weight maps cursor vanishing after some movements and no future edition possible unless you restart , I tried like many times on different figures the same issue

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    I have issues with the last build of DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.3.52
    when editing or painting Weight maps , the weight maps cursor vanishing after some movements and no future edition possible unless you restart , I tried like many times on different figures the same issue

Yup, that happened to me. I couldn't even use it in symmetry mode as it would crash DS to the desktop. I did report it and this AM they wrote me and deemed it solved... yea, we shall see about that. I didn't mention about the cursor so Cath PLEASE put in a report about this and maybe will have these two truly solved. I plum forgot to mention that as its happened in past builds too so I just thought it was the way it was...

edited December 1969

...well looks like my entire DB was wiped out with the update. Picked up this week's freebie and that is the only item which shows up in Smart Content. I am not skilled with fixing this sort of stuff and not about to uninstall and reinstall everything I purchased here since day one.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...well looks like my entire DB was wiped out with the update. Picked up this week's freebie and that is the only item which shows up in Smart Content. I am not skilled with fixing this sort of stuff and not about to uninstall and reinstall everything I purchased here since day one.

If the new item is working, just reimport metadata.

edited December 1969

...how do I do that? Again I'm not "up" on all of this kind of stuff.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited June 2014

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...how do I do that? Again I'm not "up" on all of this kind of stuff.

Import database:
    From The Content Library pane's menu icon, select "Content DB Maintenance" > "Re-Import Metadata...". Press Accept.

(That's just the import steps for the database, not the export that one would normally have already run prior to this if you were doing a full export and import to back up and restore or move from one pc to another. I also have the following notes written down that may or may not apply after you do this:
    TODO VERIFY In the newer beta, I also needed to do "Consolidate file references" followed by "Scan known directories for files" followed by a right-click and selecting Refresh from the mouse menu to eliminate duplicates that appeared in unassigned. )

Post edited by sriesch on
  • dbdigital2dbdigital2 Posts: 270
    edited December 1969

Ok I have read through this thread and I am thinking about taking the plunge. But ONLY if I can restore to what I have now. The Valentina CMS is working well for me at the moment since I (a few months back) wiped out the data base files and rebuilt it. After that I always made sure to install content when DS is not running. Seems to have worked so far. I thought I did before but perhaps one time I didn't and the CMS kept getting worse and worse till it no longer showed anything in the smart content. And a reset/reload didn't fix it. I had to delete the actual database files to get it to rebuild properly.

Anyway My question is, if I install the new PostgreSQL, have a problem can I go back to the Valentina CMS system easily? If so what are the steps?

I am guessing it is:
    Backup user data inside Ds content library management
    shut down DS
    uninstall PostgreSQL
    restart DS
    reimport all metadata and user data via the content library mangement

I assume if I go back I will have to do a delete database/rescan of the content under Valentina CMS, then restore the user data (if that data is still compatible) to get everything operational again? Or if I didn't add content, just uninstall the PostgreSQL would be enough?.

If you didn't install any content after PostgreSQL all you need to do is uninstall it .

Ok thanks for the confirm (sorry for the really slow response). The only question left is IF I do have a problem and want to revert, the steps I mentioned above should get everything working again?

edited December 1969

Ok I have read through this thread and I am thinking about taking the plunge. But ONLY if I can restore to what I have now. The Valentina CMS is working well for me at the moment since I (a few months back) wiped out the data base files and rebuilt it. After that I always made sure to install content when DS is not running. Seems to have worked so far. I thought I did before but perhaps one time I didn't and the CMS kept getting worse and worse till it no longer showed anything in the smart content. And a reset/reload didn't fix it. I had to delete the actual database files to get it to rebuild properly.

Anyway My question is, if I install the new PostgreSQL, have a problem can I go back to the Valentina CMS system easily? If so what are the steps?

I am guessing it is:
    Backup user data inside Ds content library management
    shut down DS
    uninstall PostgreSQL
    restart DS
    reimport all metadata and user data via the content library mangement

I assume if I go back I will have to do a delete database/rescan of the content under Valentina CMS, then restore the user data (if that data is still compatible) to get everything operational again? Or if I didn't add content, just uninstall the PostgreSQL would be enough?.

If you didn't install any content after PostgreSQL all you need to do is uninstall it .

Ok thanks for the confirm (sorry for the really slow response). The only question left is IF I do have a problem and want to revert, the steps I mentioned above should get everything working again?

Yes, exported user data can be imported by both PostgreSQL and Valentina.

• dbdigital2dbdigital2 Posts: 270
    edited June 2014

Yes, exported user data can be imported by both PostgreSQL and Valentina.

I thought as much but wanted to be sure. Thanks for the confirmation.

Post edited by dbdigital2 on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited June 2014

I updated daz studio and for me it gives me an error about a dream light for missing and everything loads white with texts no window columns or anything gonna uninstall and try reinstalling and hope that helps

Edited: Nevermind it must of messed up installing went to uninstall from install manager and it was still in install part

Post edited by Dkgoose on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited December 1969

I've been having some trouble with the more recent builds giving me 'daz studio not responding' messages, and hanging. This has increased more than it used to.

I also have experienced slowness loading basic figures like M6.

I'm not sure what causes this to happen.

edited December 1969

dkgoose said:
    I updated daz studio and for me it gives me an error about a dream light for missing and everything loads white with texts no window columns or anything gonna uninstall and try reinstalling and hope that helps

Edited: Nevermind it must of messed up installing went to uninstall from install manager and it was still in install part

Make sure DS is closed (check in Task Manager) before installing.

edited December 1969

I've been having some trouble with the more recent builds giving me 'daz studio not responding' messages, and hanging. This has increased more than it used to.

I also have experienced slowness loading basic figures like M6.

I'm not sure what causes this to happen.

Does it happen with G2M as well, or only M6? Any changes to your hardware or system when this started?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I will get the Not Responding message when loading a set that has many texture files, often larger more detailed sets do it than others. But I've not noticed a change in figure loads. The Not Responding on loads is the TDLmake doing the texture conversions and my HD is set to auto sleep so it causes that sometimes when the drive spins up for the file writes to the temp folder. If your on a dual Drive PC it could be the Drive spin up causing the message.
    Just a thought.