Ice Dragon Art A Glimpse Into My World

Comments

• themidgetthemidget Posts: 287

I've been away a long time and have only just returned to the forum.  I wasn't expecting to hear your bad news - I am so sorry.  It's good to see you are still producing great work. smiley

• Sonja, I hope you are doing well... better, really. 

Quiet a year I guess.

Keep safe.

Randy

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

I too hope you are doing well, it's been a while since you have been here.

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Hi, Sonja!!!

I, like a bunch of people here have been AWOL from the Daz world for a while.  I'm glad your life is picking back up and that your muse has returned.  Good to see your work again.  

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited November 2020

Hey Sonja! 

Just catching up on your thread, love your lighting on these, particularly the dragon a few pages back.

And by the way, everyone's been thinking it since February, and I'll say it.  IT'S HIS LOSS!  heart  I know you're doing well :) 

Post edited by Novica on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thank you so much everyone!  I appreciate it more than you will ever know.  Hoping to slowly start back into things.  I do have a rather urgent question lol.   The new Daz Central?  How does that work with having a separate drive?  And I far prefer to organize my own content.  Can I still do that?

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited November 2020

Thank you so much everyone!  I appreciate it more than you will ever know.  Hoping to slowly start back into things.  I do have a rather urgent question lol.   The new Daz Central?  How does that work with having a separate drive?  And I far prefer to organize my own content.  Can I still do that?

Hey, girl! It's good to see you. I just installed Daz Central to see what it does and how it works. So far from what I can see, you can still do what you normally do with regards to installing content. I use Daz Connect and can still use that. Apparently, you can still use DIM and it shouldn't mess with any of your categories. It makes it easier to install pluggins if one is using Connect because Connect can't do that. From what I understand, those still using DIM can still use DIM for installing and sorting where things get put. As long as the file links are all sorted properly, Daz Central should be able to find things.

It looks like the easiest way to install the upgrade to Daz Studio 4.14 which is why I went ahead and installed it. The only thing I use DIM for is to install plugins and to download the zipfiles for permanent storage. I'm one of the few who likes the eas of Connect. However, permanently storage of my products offline is always best with the zipfiles through DIM. I haven't found an easy way to download the Connect files in one large pass like one can with DIM.

You might find that you like DIM better and will stick with it. From my understanding, the Daz Central is geared toward new users who are uncomfortable with how DIM works. For the moment, DIM is still accessible. I don't know if that will change in the future or not.

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • Oh, and older products! I always had to use DIM for older products because Connect doesn't do that well. Daz Central will install older products without having to go into DIM. I'm honestly not sure if I like it yet, but it's been super easy to use.

Thank you!  This is going on a different laptop, so I am going to try it out.  It won't ruin my preferred set up that way lol.  I appreciate it, its been awhile and I am eager to get back to it.  I really missed everyone a lot! 

Hey, girl! It's good to see you. I just installed Daz Central to see what it does and how it works. So far from what I can see, you can still do what you normally do with regards to installing content. I use Daz Connect and can still use that. Apparently, you can still use DIM and it shouldn't mess with any of your categories. It makes it easier to install pluggins if one is using Connect because Connect can't do that. From what I understand, those still using DIM can still use DIM for installing and sorting where things get put. As long as the file links are all sorted properly, Daz Central should be able to find things.

It looks like the easiest way to install the upgrade to Daz Studio 4.14 which is why I went ahead and installed it. The only thing I use DIM for is to install plugins and to download the zipfiles for permanent storage. I'm one of the few who likes the eas of Connect. However, permanently storage of my products offline is always best with the zipfiles through DIM. I haven't found an easy way to download the Connect files in one large pass like one can with DIM.

You might find that you like DIM better and will stick with it. From my understanding, the Daz Central is geared toward new users who are uncomfortable with how DIM works. For the moment, DIM is still accessible. I don't know if that will change in the future or not.

Oh, and older products! I always had to use DIM for older products because Connect doesn't do that well. Daz Central will install older products without having to go into DIM. I'm honestly not sure if I like it yet, but it's been super easy to use.

That's awesome.  Currently, the loading button is still spinning lol.  I'm assuming its going to take awhile to load at first?  I've got a ginormous library

• Oh, and older products! I always had to use DIM for older products because Connect doesn't do that well. Daz Central will install older products without having to go into DIM. I'm honestly not sure if I like it yet, but it's been super easy to use.

That's awesome.  Currently, the loading button is still spinning lol.  I'm assuming its going to take awhile to load at first?  I've got a ginormous library

Yeah, the first time I loaded it, it took a little while. After that, it seems to load pretty quickly. You can also still create a short cut to Daz on your desktop and use it without going through Daz Central to start the program if you wish.

Well, I've downloaded studio.  Start it up.  Put in my email and password to connect. It crashes to desktop.  No message or nothing just shuts off and goes to desk top.  That's not going to work lol

• Oh no! I didn't have any problems on my desktop. I also didn't need to sign in because I was already signed in, I guess. It seemed to know who I was when it was installing and loaded all my infomation without me having to do anything.

I think the problem is, that I don't have daz studio loaded. I've loaded daz central and then daz studio through daz central several times now.  It just won't open daz studio.  I'm getting pretty damn frustrated lol. 

• Daz Central is supposed to install Daz Studio if it's not already installed. But then yeah, you'd have to sign in. I'd check the thread for it over in the Software Forum for Daz Studio to see if you can get some answers. I'm still learning and didn't have any issue so I have no clue what to tell you. I'm sure Richard or someone over there should be able to figure out what the issue is.

Yeah I've got one going.  It should have just installed everything and I should just be able to log in.  I can't log in through DIM or through Daz Central, it just blinks out and goes back to the desk top. No idea why, this laptop is a clean slate.  My main laptop is in the shop so I was hoping to just hop on and work on something.  Apparently not lol.Appreciate the help though

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

I think the problem is, that I don't have daz studio loaded. I've loaded daz central and then daz studio through daz central several times now.  It just won't open daz studio.  I'm getting pretty damn frustrated lol. 

Ouch.  I feel your pain.  But try to hang in there and keep checking.  It may start working for no apparent reason (really, see below).

I recently had to do a full uninstall/reinstall to address some problems of my own.  I ended up installing Daz Studio through DIM.  They say Daz Central is supposed to recognize what you install through DIM but I haven't confirmed that.

Keep checking!  What I will say is that the timing is unfortunate.  They just trotted out the new store software and everyone had download failures.  If I did manage to download something, I had install downloaded failures. And all of us having problems at the same time so help gets swamped.  I submitted 2 tickets and received an email saying it could be 4-6 weeks before they can follow up.  Yowza!

But good news! - then the install just started working.  Yay!  I've now installed the core programs and about 80% or so of my product library and making good progress again.

If you care about the details of my particular tale of woe, you can find them in the download thread.  But the details don't particularly matter because it seems to have been fixed by something behind the scenes, not by anything I did or Tech did in response to my particular help ticket.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6231671/#Comment_6231671

So try to persevere.  The cavalry is on the way.  

BTW - greetings, glad to see you posting, best wishes for getting it all sorted out.

Thank you Diomede!  I did get daz loaded.  DIM and DAZ Central continue to refuse to work but I am able to  download my content one by one inside of studio. 

Speaking of changes, what happened to the IRAY preview?  Used to be you could switch from texture shaded to iray and get a preview?  Where did it go?  I desperately need that! lol

• Thank you Diomede!  I did get daz loaded.  DIM and DAZ Central continue to refuse to work but I am able to  download my content one by one inside of studio. 

Speaking of changes, what happened to the IRAY preview?  Used to be you could switch from texture shaded to iray and get a preview?  Where did it go?  I desperately need that! lol

It should still be there. It's moved down the list a little but still there.

Thank you Diomede!  I did get daz loaded.  DIM and DAZ Central continue to refuse to work but I am able to  download my content one by one inside of studio. 

It should still be there. It's moved down the list a little but still there.

I'll keep looking but its not in the drop down box it was in before.  Ugh. lol.  I need my normal art laptop back.  Its in the shop.  This is fortunately just temporary on this laptop.

edited December 2020

I just did some looking. I don't think I have Iray on my version.  My options are multi pass openGL, viewport, 3delight and scripted 3delight.  No iray render engine.  which may be why I cant find it in the drop down menu either.  How does that even happen? Honestly, I've never had so many issues with this program.  Thank god I don't have to keep this version once I get my other laptop back.  If this happened when I first started I would have just walked away.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • I've never heard of DS installing without Iray. That's weird! Maybe uninstall and reinstall? I have no clue.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

I've never heard of DS installing without Iray. That's weird! Maybe uninstall and reinstall? I have no clue.

+1

Okay.  I uninstalled.  Re installed.  Finally got it to work with Daz Connect.  However. I can't log in, inside of Daz Studio.  If I hit connect, it crashes to desk top.  I can work offline, but it crashes every 2 to 5 minutes.  Just winks out of existence.  All I can say is thank God I get my art laptop back on Wednesday, because I am beyond frustrated with this crap.

edited December 2020

This wasn't quite how I intended it to come out but this one had a mind of its own.

TRAVELLER SCOUT.jpg
    2219 x 3333 - 8M

edited December 2020
    x
    APRIL ROSE STEAMPUNK jpeg.jpg
    2500 x 3333 - 6M
    edited December 2020
    I feel like maybe I might be back on track.  Wanting to make art more often now.  Wasn't sure if it was ever going to come back.

• IceDragonArt said:

Looks pretty good!

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Nice to see you posting art again! Looks fantastic!

After uninstalling every item I own ( over 8200, plus free and other stores) I have been trying to follow your Category set up as I slowly reinstall, what a job!  I can see why you were so frustrated when you lost it all and had to redo it, I am sure it will take me until summer to organize it all!