Auto-Fit Plugin Not Installing

chainmaille_guychainmaille_guy Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I am trying to register the Auto-Fit Plugin for Genesis. The instructions say that I have to click a "Register" button that I can't find, and when I paste the serial number in the box it won't let me click "OK" and therefore I have to "Cancel".

Is anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Autofit shouldn't need registration AFAIK assuming you have DS4 pro and have registered that.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Loaar is right - AutoFit is included with the DS installer and should be activated by the Pro (or Advanced) serial number. Which version of DS are you using? Did you try installing the Auto Fit plugin from its own installer, and if you did what version does it claim to be (end of the file name)?

• chainmaille_guychainmaille_guy Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I am running the basic DAZ Studio 4 (just wanting to expand my knowledge of 3D animation and possibly use it in some of my student film work) and I was trying to activate it with the serial number offered in the free section of the store.

Does AutoFit only work with Pro and Advanced?

edited December 1969

No, it should work with a serial number in basic - that's the only time as erial number is needed. Is AutoFit listed in help>About installed plugins, and if it is what is its status?

edited December 1969

Attached is a picture of what I see when I open up the "About Installed Plugins". It is listed under the Pro Plugin Bundle and is "disabled". I don't see any "Register" button, and clicking the checkmark, putting in the serial #, and clicking the plug do nothing.

I am running this on a Mac, I don't think that should effect something like this. And I have registered the program as far as I know. I just re-entered the DS4 serial that I found under "My Serial Numbers" just for good measure.

Am I missing something here?

AutoFit.jpg
    526 x 98 - 24K
    edited December 1969

Putting the serial number in and clicking OK should be all that's needed, though you may have to restart DS. I'm not sure what the problem could be.

edited May 2012

This is what happens when I put the number in. I can't click ok, so the only thing I can do is close the dialog box.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

I edited the post to remove the image as it showed your serial number. I forgot to note - does the serial start SDZAUFT-040 or SDZAUFT-010?

edited December 1969

It starts with SDZAUFT-040. Is that an important difference?

edited December 1969

I don't know, but it may be. Are you running DS 4.0.3.47 (Help>About DAZ Studio)?

edited December 1969

Yes, that is the version I'm running. (and on my Mac I found it under the DAZStudio tab)

And thanks for working with me on this. I truly appreciate your helpfulness.

edited December 1969

Try using the DS4 Pro serial here to upgrade everything http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/115/ . If that also doesn't work it's at least suggestive.

edited December 1969

Thank you for the link.
    Forgive my ignorance, but where should I enter this? I tried it under the "Register" tab, but once again it wouldn't let me click ok.

edited December 1969

It also seems that online registration is not working due to the new website upgrades. Since Pro is free at the moment, would downloading it again make any difference, or is the serial all that is needed?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

It also seems that online registration is not working due to the new website upgrades. Since Pro is free at the moment, would downloading it again make any difference, or is the serial all that is needed?

All you should need is the serial number.

edited December 1969

I am afraid that it is not accepting this Pro serial number in the "Register DAZ Studio" option. Truly perplexing...

edited December 1969

Put the Pro serial number in the serial field for one of the pro plugins, such as AutoFit. Your screenshot on the previous page shows the Pro plugins as a group with their serial number fields.

edited December 1969

I hate to say it, but the same thing is happening to this serial number. I enter it, and it won't let me click OK. Even if I start typing it in, the first letter negates the OK button.

At the very bottom on the plugin info, it says that "Any evaluation period for this plug-in is no longer valid." Does that mean anything?

Sorry to keep bugging you like this, but I know that this *should* all work they way you are saying.

edited December 1969

Some plugins work for 30 days or so as a trial, the plugin has been installed for morre than 30 days and so if there was a trial period it is over.

As for the issue with serial numbers, I think it will grey out if an invalid code is entered (nothing to OK), but ti should cope with trailing/leading spaces so if you copy the whole thing it really should work.

• spmwcspmwc Posts: 124
    edited December 1969

If you downloaded the free version, all you have to do is enter the Pro serial number (that came with the download) into the main window that appears when you open your studio. This will automatically upgrade your studio to the Pro version and register the autofit tool plugin and activate it. I am new to DS4 too and was not aware of this until someone in this forum told me about it. Good luck and enjoy.;-P:coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Can you be a bit more specific about what you mean by "into the main window that appears when you open your studio"?
    Thank you very much for the encouragement. I'm about ready to uninstall (and then reinstall) this program.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

You should have a pop up box that comes up when you open DAZ Studio unless to checked it not to open. If you did you can enter the serial by going to Help>Register DAZ Studio and enter the serial number.

edited December 1969

As noted above, that method doesn't work for me for some unexplainable reason. Thank you for your suggestion though.

edited December 1969

Did you run a separate installer for autofit? Autofit is built into the main DS4 installer, so an older installer may have overwritten it with an incompatible version. Reinstalling DS4 should fix that.

• spmwcspmwc Posts: 124
    edited December 1969

The very first time you loaded the DS4 studio, a window should have appeared that asked you to register your studio. It should have said something like this " Enter the highest serial number to activate the advanced/ Pro features or Plugins. By entering the Pro serial number in the space provided, (which you can find in your files on your computer when you downloaded the studio in the readme file) should upgrade your studio to the PRO version and automatically activate the Pro plugin bundle which the autofit tool is part of. The only plugin that will not activate is the Decimeter plugin which is not a DAZ studio plugin. If this window does not appear any longer, then you might want to consider uninstalling the program and start all over. Just remember to put in the Pro serial number in the registration window if you do uninstall and reinstall. The autofit tool does not work in the standard version of DS4 studio.:-);-) Good luck!!!!!! and enjoy!!!!

edited December 1969

I hope to reinstall soon. Will this effect any of my downloaded content?
    Thank you all for your help.

edited December 1969

I hope to reinstall soon. Will this effect any of my downloaded content?
    Thank you all for your help.

No, reinstalling won't affect your other content.

edited December 1969

It seems that a full reinstall fixed everything!
    Thank you all for your help!
    -The Chainmaille Guy