Generation 3 Aiko and Hiro Appreciation Thread

Comments

• EthinEthin Posts: 973
    edited November 2020

Can't grab the Tsuka, keeps bringing up a dead link once I get to the right page. Use to be able to download through web archive but on that outfit it won't work.

@FaerylWomyn Sorry about that. Found another site for it here. Under cloth named vine. Tested the link this time, it worked for me.

Post edited by Ethin on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,515

I'm loving this thread!

Here's an image I used Aiko 3 for whilst learning about objects as light sources using one of the great Daz tutorial videos as well as trying out the sci-fi corridor.
    It's been about 15 years since I last played with Poser 4 but I'm glad I can still access and use pretty much my whole figure catalogue of items - including my best friend Zot!

This year has had many down sides but one up side is that working from home gives me time to get to grips with all of this again!

...can't view, getting the "broken graphic" icon.  Even refreshed, disabled my advert blockers, but nothing works.  This seems to be occurring more and more lately, not just here either.

Ethin said:

Can't grab the Tsuka, keeps bringing up a dead link once I get to the right page. Use to be able to download through web archive but on that outfit it won't work.

@FaerylWomyn Sorry about that. Found another site for it here. Under cloth named vine. Tested the link this time, it worked for me.

There is also a similar vine/leaf outfit @ sharecg.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

It's called Vine here ... http://www.eurus.dti.ne.jp/~masasi/DOWNLOAD/yamato/index.htm

Download works for me.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Ethin said:
    nicstt said:
    Ethin said:

A project I was working on that has kinda stalled. The textures are from scratch except for a few photo references, not sure I like how I have the hands.
    Ignore the head, I haven't really done anything with it yet, just blocking some stuff in for later.

What is she? (Presuming she is a she.)

I like the skin textures.

Thanks! She is a Dryad.

A Dryad is a tree nymph or tree spirit in Greek mythology. Also the term Dryad won't get me in any legal trouble.

Dryad's are mainly depicted as being female, and Aspen trees do have distinct male and female individuals, so I have no qualms with her being female.

Thank you, i do know what a dryad is though.

• kyoto kid said:

I'm loving this thread!

Here's an image I used Aiko 3 for whilst learning about objects as light sources using one of the great Daz tutorial videos as well as trying out the sci-fi corridor.
    It's been about 15 years since I last played with Poser 4 but I'm glad I can still access and use pretty much my whole figure catalogue of items - including my best friend Zot!

This year has had many down sides but one up side is that working from home gives me time to get to grips with all of this again!

...can't view, getting the "broken graphic" icon.  Even refreshed, disabled my advert blockers, but nothing works.  This seems to be occurring more and more lately, not just here either.

sadIt has worked for me on different devices and different browsers.

I've attached it to see if that works...

Aiko.png
    960 x 540 - 613K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,515
    edited November 2020

...that worked, thanks.  As I mentioned, I seem to have issues with embedded images as well as videos here and elswhere.  This is a fairly recent situation and I am not sure what is causing it.

Nice . Ah the catsuit, Mitsu Hair, and green shades that came with the old 3D Bridge Pack. .

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Thanks!
    It's funny where a tutorial or just playing around with a newly acquired product gets you. I think it was also the first time I started playing with depth of field too.

nicstt said:
    Ethin said:
    nicstt said:
    Ethin said:

A project I was working on that has kinda stalled. The textures are from scratch except for a few photo references, not sure I like how I have the hands.
    Ignore the head, I haven't really done anything with it yet, just blocking some stuff in for later.

Thanks! She is a Dryad.

A Dryad is a tree nymph or tree spirit in Greek mythology. Also the term Dryad won't get me in any legal trouble.

Dryad's are mainly depicted as being female, and Aspen trees do have distinct male and female individuals, so I have no qualms with her being female.

Guess I'm still trying to convince myself.
    Ent would work far better, but if I tried using that name on a product or freebie then the Tolkien's lawyers would be all like...

you-shall-not-pass.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 171K
  • That link works and I have it now and bookmarked the link, thanks. I also have the second one from Jim Farris, I love his stuff, thanks again and you as well Kerya

edited November 2020
    Ethin said:
    nicstt said:
    Ethin said:
    nicstt said:
    Ethin said:

Thanks! She is a Dryad.

Ent would work far better, but if I tried using that name on a product or freebie then the Tolkien's lawyers would be all like...

The problem I generally have with mythical figure depictions is that they have a stomach button, breast (usually) and gens, which means they're a mammal or something really damn close. Doesn't make sense for a creature born of magic, meant to be some sort of guardian or protector.

Post edited by nicstt on
    nicstt said:
    Ethin said:
    nicstt said:
    Ethin said:
    nicstt said:
    Ethin said:

Thanks! She is a Dryad.

The problem I generally have with mythical figure depictions is that they have a stomach button, breast (usually) and gens, which means they're a mammal or something really damn close. Doesn't make sense for a creature born of magic, meant to be some sort of guardian or protector.

I agree.

I haven't decided if she is a "mammal" or not yet, which is probably why the project stalled. There are some questions I need to answer so I know how to move forward.

So... do those two new little ones, Drutherson and Topsy, remind y'all of anyone?wink

I know it's just a coincidence and all, but I find the thought that anyone at DAZ has noticed little old me, or that I'm somehow ahead of the curve rather amusing.laugh

Ethin said:
    nicstt said:
    Ethin said:
    nicstt said:
    Ethin said:
    nicstt said:
    Ethin said:

Thanks! She is a Dryad.

I agree.

I haven't decided if she is a "mammal" or not yet, which is probably why the project stalled. There are some questions I need to answer so I know how to move forward.

If you're using the character for a story, what will 'she' be doing in the story? How will she interact? If a main character or important then mamalish might be better, although that can depend on the target audience.

nicstt said:
    Ethin said:
    nicstt said:
    Ethin said:
    nicstt said:
    Ethin said:
    nicstt said:
    Ethin said:

Thanks! She is a Dryad.

I agree.

If you're using the character for a story, what will 'she' be doing in the story? How will she interact? If a main character or important then mamalish might be better, although that can depend on the target audience.

Actually I had intend to release her, if I ever get her finished.
    So then it would be up to the individual artists as to what role she will play, making my job to supply them with options.

Thanks! I got distracted, couldn't see the forest for the trees.laugh

edited May 2023

Halley Biker 02Post.jpg
    2800 x 2590 - 3M
    Post edited by Ethin on

Spoiler Alert!  wink

Ethin said:

Spoiler Alert!  wink

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!

• mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412

OMG those two are adorable! :)

• Love the kitties...am I going to have to buy a morph pack to use the kitties?

For the morph presets you'll need the Furries for Melody and Micah.

I was just going to do some Tuxedo textures, but after doing a custom dial spun head for Melody (Micah's wearing one of Capsces's presets) the plan changed, so we'll see what all I come up with.

• I will have to see about getting the furries then, not sure which Capsces' presets though, as there are a few.

Faeryl Womyn said:

I will have to see about getting the furries then, not sure which Capsces' presets though, as there are a few.

The bundle I linked to is all you'll need for the cats I'm working on.

• Got it bookmarked, now I just have to hope they are all on sale the beginning of January LOL

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

No, I didn't overdo the exclamation marks ... I think. LOL

• cathan01_wwg1wgacathan01_wwg1wga Posts: 351
    edited December 2020

The Tuxedo mats for Micah and Melody look great, Ethin. Especially combined with the bump map. I'm going to try these with a cell shader to see how they look as toon characters. Thank you, Ethin!

Post edited by cathan01_wwg1wga on
  • mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412

Thank you! Love these. heart

You are all very welcome!!!

edited January 2022

Reciecup's Piper for V4 converted to Aiko3.

A3 Piper Marie Miranda test 03.jpg
    1800 x 2400 - 1M
    Post edited by Ethin on