THE ANNUAL SUMMER FUN AND PINUPS CHALLENGE!

Comments

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

The movie quote games are nice, but maybe you overseen, that there are some users here, which don't watch the movies in their original language. How about that ... I quote here 25 phrases from american movies in their german translation and you have to find out who said that. You will never hit all phrases, because some of them are totally different translated. If you make challenges like this you should give anyone a fair chance to take part of the competitions. Please take that just as a suggestion for further competions.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I am trying hard to get ths pin up working Music, honest I am.

Trouble is I keep finding that the freebies I want to use are not available any more, so would be no counts. And of course everyones fave site ShareCG seems to be down as well. I will get there somehow.

conchita_pinup.png
    629 x 642 - 167K
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited June 2014

The movie quote games are nice, but maybe you overseen, that there are some users here, which don't watch the movies in their original language. How about that ... I quote here 25 phrases from american movies in their german translation and you have to find out who said that. You will never hit all phrases, because some of them are totally different translated. If you make challenges like this you should give anyone a fair chance to take part of the competitions. Please take that just as a suggestion for further competions.

My appologies Spanky, I did not mean to come off as an "unfair" person. I didn't realize that some movies were not available to over seas places. I just assumed they were.
    I guess I will bring it to an end. It was fun to sit and think these up though. My wife and I had a blast...lol. I won't bother posting the answers to these unless someone's curiosity gets the best of them and they just want to know who said it and what movie. These were all classic award winning movies. For example, "Hey Stella!" is a very well known famous line that Marlon Brando said many times throughout the classic acadamy award winning movie "A Streetcar Named Desire" (which has been translated into just about every language out there.). He shouted it out into the streets whenever he was looking for Stella.

Carry on.

Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I am trying hard to get ths pin up working Music, honest I am.

Trouble is I keep finding that the freebies I want to use are not available any more, so would be no counts. And of course everyones fave site ShareCG seems to be down as well. I will get there somehow.

Funny you should say that, just yesterday I went through all my bookmarked favorites list for 3d stuff, and I had to delete MOST of them due to a 404, or the site shut down. I was very surprised. And some of them no longer offer freebies, only sale items. The ones that have survived mainly are the .3ds and other formats.

I think you have the character looking very close to the person.

:-)

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

My Entry:
    A Dog's Life

Patterned after Lucky Dog by Elvgren. This site shows you what photos Elvgren used as his reference when he was painting his picture. Lucky Dog is about two thirds of the way down. Really interesting what he had his models do and how he took a hohum photo and made it into an interesting image.

Freebies
    1. Envirnoment: Big pillow Pillow 2 N021211 by A.Weyman.
    2. Environment: Lipstick * Lipstick for V4 by 3-d-c.
    3. Environment: Little pillow Pillows N170112 by Alexey Pavlov.
    4. Environment: Sunglasses Sun Glasses by LMDesign.
    5. Environment: Tissue Morphing Tissue Prop by mostdigitalcreations. 11th down
    6. Environment: Wallet VariousBags by fast3d. 28th from bottom
    7. Girl: Clothing Corsage * Cinco de Mayo Addon for redviper's mghmh by LJ Studios.
    8. Girl: Clothing Jacket Chanel Jacket by Opitex.
    9. Girl: Hair Audry Hair by SWAM. (I can't seem to see her site at the moment.)
    10. Girl: Shoes * Plain Heels for Victoria 4 by TheWebFlea.
    11. Girl: Texture * alta_V4Riho by alongtimeago.
    12. Prop: Background Simple Backdrop by Flesh Forge. (Be warned that this site has adult content in it. The page you are going to does not but if you explore then you will run into it.)
    13. Pup BosTer2 by Kirwyn.
    14. Pup: Purse * Small Handbag for any Figure by Wilmap.
    15. Shader: Girl Clothing Tweed Shader by Fisty.
    16. Shader: Girl Clothing Small Pillow Seamless Tiles Hibiscus Prints by mmalbert.
    17. Shader: Jewelry, Buttons * Shader Pack 1 for Daz|Studio 3 by Groovemaster.
    18. Shader: Pups eyes, Girls Lips, nail * Super Shine Shader - TopCoat for DAZ|Studio 1.7 by Marianne Gilliand.
    19. Shader: Purse Wallet Shoes * Leather Shaders for Daz by Kizmit.

No count. All but V4 are no longer available. Kind of sad.
    Environment: Compact Folding Makeup Compact by Stegy.
    Environment: Lighting Quickstart Lighting Freebie by Adam Rasmussen.
    Girl: Clothing V4 Pearls by robrose.
    Girl: Clothing Pants and Top 40s tap pants outfit by Glitterati3D.
    Girl: Jewelry Bracelets Ooh LaLa Bag and Bangles by Littlefox Aben.
    Girl: Jewerly Earrings An Hollywood Starlette Dress for Victoria 4 by PDXJims.
    Girl: Lashes Mstene's QOH freeset by mstene.
    Girl: V4

Paid Fors:
    Girl: Character * Victoria 4.2 Morphs++ by DAZ 3D.

I would like to share a trick I used to create this image. I wanted her to have her jacket be rumpled in the scene as if she and the dog had been playing and it got in the way. When positioning the Chanel Jacket, for draping, I used the morphing tissue as the base under the coat. Adam's tissue has some really nice morphs that gives you some peaks and valleys. It is also has small enough polys that the DAZ dynamic clothing won't fall through it. I also positioned the arms of the jacket so that they were not sticking straight out. This gave the jacket more of a worn look in my opinion. I set up the drape with fairly big thickness and a high internal pressure option. If you don't want to get into the nitty grity, Optitex has some presets on the same page as the jacket that you can use to set up the material. After the drape was completed I froze the drape and then removed the tissue from the scene.

The big black pillow has my velvet shader on it. One of these days I will get it working really good and put it up on Sharecg. Poses of dog and Girl are me mucking about. I don't remember if I used a character morph set. I went through and looked to see what dials I had values on and it only looks like my dialing in the happy face. So this is just regular ol' V4.

Hope you all enjoy! I just loved making it.

ADogsLife.jpg
    1200 x 1499 - 471K
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited June 2014

Really nice Dollygirl. Thank you for the link to the pin-ups and your inspiration.

Post edited by Kismet2012 on
  • DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Sensational, Dollygirl!

I believe people of Music's age used to say, "Hubba hubba!"

edited June 2014

Sensational, Dollygirl!

I believe people of Music's age used to say, "Hubba hubba!"

LOL You goofy guy! Thanks!

Music is not that old!

Wish I could have figured out a better way to put underwear on her that would not stretch so bad on her bottom. I had some lovely stockings all picked out but alas not so.

I do have one more trick I want to talk about and that is the push Modifier option DAZ has. A wonderful invention. It is essentially a magnet or deformer that is applied evenly across the whole object you add it to. I found that if I applied it to shoes then I could accommodate socks. If I applied it to pants then I could accommodate underwear. I used it on the stockings and I could adjust the modifier so that you could no longer see the gap between stocking and leg. It works on anything both rigged and prop. A very handy tool. Different then scaling because it is measuring the distance between the two objects. So if you have deformers applied then they remain intact.
    To use it all you do is select the item in your scene tab. Go to the arrow with the three lines in the upper right hand corner of scene tab. Go to Edit -> Geometry -> Apply Push Modifier. Go to the Parameters tab and under the General tab you will find an item called Mesh Offset. Move the slider bar to see how it works.

Post edited by DollyGirl on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    My Entry:
    A Dog's Life

Patterned after Lucky Dog by Elvgren. This site shows you what photos Elvgren used as his reference when he was painting his picture. Lucky Dog is about two thirds of the way down. Really interesting what he had his models do and how he took a hohum photo and made it into an interesting image.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=146234_Huy2tg0CjUwSPJXEZrll&thumb=1&board_id=1

Very nice job!

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Dollygirl said:
    My Entry:
    A Dog's Life

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=146234_Huy2tg0CjUwSPJXEZrll&thumb=1&board_id=1

Very nice job!

Dana

Thanks Dana

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Oh, yeah, there's a dog, too!

edited December 1969

Oh you, silly guy!

I love that pup. Such a nice model too. Kirwyn did a wonderful job. No wonder LG has her brother. All the pup needs is a bone in the mouth area. Maybe that could be another project.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

Oh you, silly guy!

I love that pup. Such a nice model too. Kirwyn did a wonderful job. No wonder LG has her brother. All the pup needs is a bone in the mouth area. Maybe that could be another project.

My dogs were always happiest when they had a bone in the mouth area. :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Dollygirl said:

Oh you, silly guy!

My dogs were always happiest when they had a bone in the mouth area. :coolsmile:

OMGosh! It took me a minute. LOL :cheese:

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    My Entry:
    A Dog's Life

Freebies
    7. Girl: Clothing Corsage * Cinco de Mayo Addon for redviper's mghmh by LJ Studios.
    12. Prop: Background Simple Backdrop by Flesh Forge. (Be warned that this site has adult content in it. The page you are going to does not but if you explore then you will run into it.)
    16. Shader: Girl Clothing Small Pillow Seamless Tiles Hibiscus Prints by mmalbert.
    18. Shader: Pups eyes, Girls Lips, nail * Super Shine Shader - TopCoat for DAZ|Studio 1.7 by Marianne Gilliand.

Paid Fors:

I would like to share a trick I used to create this image. I wanted her to have her jacket be rumpled in the scene as if she and the dog had been playing and it got in the way. When positioning the Chanel Jacket, for draping, I used the morphing tissue as the base under the coat. Adam's tissue has some really nice morphs that gives you some peaks and valleys. It is also has small enough polys that the DAZ dynamic clothing won't fall through it. I also positioned the arms of the jacket so that they were not sticking straight out. This gave the jacket more of a worn look in my opinion. I set up the drape with fairly big thickness and a high internal pressure option. If you don't want to get into the nitty grity, Optitex has some presets on the same page as the jacket that you can use to set up the material. After the drape was completed I froze the drape and then removed the tissue from the scene.

The big black pillow has my velvet shader on it. One of these days I will get it working really good and put it up on Sharecg. Poses of dog and Girl are me mucking about. I don't remember if I used a character morph set. I went through and looked to see what dials I had values on and it only looks like my dialing in the happy face. So this is just regular ol' V4.

All links are good. This is a very nice "pinup" entry. It is in the fashion of the old pinups of the 50s and early 60s. This is what I was looking for in an entry. Yup...very nice. One point of critic though. The jacket is a bit high off the floor so the shadowing makes it look like it is floating. A quick fix would be postwork in photoshop with the clone tool. Just clone the shadowed area and paint it up near the collar of the coat adding some shade under the top of it. This will make it look like it is on the floor. Can't do that for an entry though, so this is a great entry as well as an honest one too.

ENTRY ACCEPTED

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
    edited December 1969

Really great Pin-Up, Dollygirl!
    Love the colors and the 1950's kind of feel.
    Those sunglasses are great!
    A really nice touch to go along with all the other nice small touches that make this just fantastic.

edited December 1969

OK folks...that's a few entries now, so let's get busy and submit more. Gonna do the "Clone and dress up Louie" mini contest very soon.

edited December 1969

Really nice Dollygirl. Thank you for the link to the pin-ups and your inspiration.

Your welcome Kismet and thank you.
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Dollygirl said:
    My Entry:
    A Dog's Life

Freebies

Paid Fors:

All links are good. This is a very nice "pinup" entry. It is in the fashion of the old pinups of the 50s and early 60s. This is what I was looking for in an entry. Yup...very nice. One point of critic though. The jacket is a bit high off the floor so the shadowing makes it look like it is floating. A quick fix would be postwork in photoshop with the clone tool. Just clone the shadowed area and paint it up near the collar of the coat adding some shade under the top of it. This will make it look like it is on the floor. Can't do that for an entry though, so this is a great entry as well as an honest one too.

ENTRY ACCEPTED

Thanks Music. Thanks for the pointers,too. I agree I could have done better on the placement of the jacket. It is those little details that can get you every time. I think I got to carried away with crumpling up the tissue. Just need to really play lots with the dynamic cloth plugin and see what it does. There are so many things to learn in DAZ and so little time. sigh

edited December 1969

Ippotamus said:
    A really nice touch to go along with all the other nice small touches that make this just fantastic.

Thank you Ippotamus. Do you know that there are no free wallets or pocket combs to be had? I spent days looking for stuff that would go into a purse. Funny how there are hundreds of swords, hatchets, knives and guns and not one comb. Hmmm wonder what that tells us? Oh that 3D hair never needs combing!

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Ippotamus said:

Thank you Ippotamus. Do you know that there are no free wallets or pocket combs to be had? I spent days looking for stuff that would go into a purse. Funny how there are hundreds of swords, hatchets, knives and guns and not one comb. Hmmm wonder what that tells us? Oh that 3D hair never needs combing!You mean something like this?

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Ippotamus said:

Thank you Ippotamus. Do you know that there are no free wallets or pocket combs to be had? I spent days looking for stuff that would go into a purse. Funny how there are hundreds of swords, hatchets, knives and guns and not one comb. Hmmm wonder what that tells us? Oh that 3D hair never needs combing!

You mean something like this?

yes but that site is no longer available. I even tried the wayback machine with no luck. Would have been perfect. :down:

edited June 2014

Here is one more like a woman's purse comb and is in .3ds format which can be converted to an .obj file with Poseray. Free too.

http://archive3d.net/?a=download&id=7dcb9c3b

I found quite a few but most were not free (around $12.00 and up). And many were in formats I have never heard of even.

I opened this in Poseray and converted it in seconds. It looks exactly like the pic below as an .obj file. You can change the color too if you like. You can go download the free Poseray standalone program and convert it yourself. It's very simple to do.

https://sites.google.com/site/poseray/

Freebie wallets are going to be a problem. I found one but it is in .max format.

4c41afeae05647dd260dff13ac2c1424.jpg
    256 x 256 - 17K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
  • Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Hey, Dollygoil...dis pose of yours...it's jus' not woikin' out fer me here...

1.) Moustache 19th from Top.

2.) Mitch Hair

3.) Gritty Bar Props Cigars and Ashtray. Registration Required.

4.) The Fedora Registration Required.

5.) 8 TShirts for Genesis Registration Required.Texture Changed.

6.) Sickle Skater Shoes for V4, M4 and Unimesh Registration Required.

7.) Pillow 3DS Format.

8.) Free Solstice Beer! Beer Bottle. Registration Required.

9.) Small Handbag for any Figure Registration Required.

...and, of course, dat @#%$! mutt Boston! 10.) Kirwyn BosTer2 4th Item from Top.

No Count: Genesis Figure. Paid For: M4 Basic Skin, M4 Cargo Pants.

As always, figure set-up in DAZ Studio 4.6 and final render in Bryce 7. No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright notice.

Louies_Pin-Up.jpg
    554 x 601 - 209K
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

Boston might be happier if he had a bone instead of a purse. ;-)

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Here is one more like a woman's purse comb and is in .3ds format which can be converted to an .obj file with Poseray. Free too.

http://archive3d.net/?a=download&id=7dcb9c3b

I found quite a few but most were not free (around $12.00 and up). And many were in formats I have never heard of even.

I opened this in Poseray and converted it in seconds. It looks exactly like the pic below as an .obj file. You can change the color too if you like. You can go download the free Poseray standalone program and convert it yourself. It's very simple to do.

https://sites.google.com/site/poseray/

Freebie wallets are going to be a problem. I found one but it is in .max format.

Thank you Music for hunting comb and wallet models for me that is very kind of you. However, my dear, on the comb, what I was looking for was the black comb, no handle that guys would put in their back pockets. Then they would act like Elvis or James Dean and pull it out and smooth down the sides of their hair. You know the look, cigarette out of the corner of their mouths, black jacket, white t-shirt and rolled up blue jeans. Standing in front of the mirror making sure every last greasy hair was in perfect place.
    edited December 1969

1.) Moustache 19th from Top.

2.) Mitch Hair

3.) Gritty Bar Props Cigars and Ashtray. Registration Required.

4.) The Fedora Registration Required.

5.) 8 TShirts for Genesis Registration Required.Texture Changed.

6.) Sickle Skater Shoes for V4, M4 and Unimesh Registration Required.

7.) Pillow 3DS Format.

8.) Free Solstice Beer! Beer Bottle. Registration Required.

9.) Small Handbag for any Figure Registration Required.

...and, of course, dat @#%$! mutt Boston! 10.) Kirwyn BosTer2 4th Item from Top.

No Count: Genesis Figure. Paid For: M4 Basic Skin, M4 Cargo Pants.

As always, figure set-up in DAZ Studio 4.6 and final render in Bryce 7. No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright notice.

LG you are a nut. I love it. Made my morning. Here I try to be all serious and you come along and do this. Thank you for a wonderfully funny image.

edited December 1969

Boston might be happier if he had a bone instead of a purse. ;-)

LOL!

• bluestormwillowbluestormwillow Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

I'm a newbie and I have a question regarding the rules. Do the use of bundle packs count as one item, or is the total counted from each product included in the bundle? My morphs++ for V4 and M4 both came from bundles. If I use them with other items from that bundle does it count as 1 or 2 purchased?

• TallulahdahlingTallulahdahling Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

Hey, Real Man, I suppose it's only fair that you imitate other characters in this thread, since soon other characters will be trying to imitate you.

Nice try, fella. But you might want to turn that terrier around. There's too much mishap potential as you've got him now...