New Daz-OptiTex Dynamic Clothes thread [Commercial]

Comments

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

True, true ...

edited September 2014

What does the 'floating point exception' error mean?

It pops up when I try to drape the shepherd's shawl, static or animated, alike.

Post edited by WillowRaven on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

It seems to mean we are stuck with unusable stuff...unless we revert to an older version of DS. Floating point is a math thing. That means some calculation has gone terribly wrong.

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

It seems to mean we are stuck with unusable stuff...unless we revert to an older version of DS. Floating point is a math thing. That means some calculation has gone terribly wrong.

Dana

But ... The entire reason I had to make the switch to DS4+, when I much prefer DS3, is because the dynamic clothing control, which I bought for DS3, is no longer available as a download in my product library, only the upgraded versions of the products. So if I wanted to work with dynamic clothing, which is all I use on my characters, I had to learn DS4.6.

So now I going to start having trouble with dynamics here, too?

Is there any remedy for this problem?

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

But ... The entire reason I had to make the switch to DS4+, when I much prefer DS3, is because the dynamic clothing control, which I bought for DS3, is no longer available as a download in my product library, only the upgraded versions of the products. So if I wanted to work with dynamic clothing, which is all I use on my characters, I had to learn DS4.6.

So now I going to start having trouble with dynamics here, too?

Is there any remedy for this problem?

I really don't know who to ask about this. Martin has been missing in action for so long. I don't know if he is in poor health or what. Maybe some of the people here that work with him in making items can help you. Like DraagonStorm, or SimonWM.

Dana

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,876
    edited December 1969

What cloth item are you using and on what figure?

What version of DAZ Studio and what version of the DC plugin? The only error I have had with it was cause I had an older version of the plugin and a newer version of DS.

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    What cloth item are you using and on what figure?

What version of DAZ Studio and what version of the DC plugin? The only error I have had with it was cause I had an older version of the plugin and a newer version of DS.

As mentioned previously, shepherd’s shawl and I'm in DS4.6 Pro

I would have tried to reinstall the shawl, but I bought it off Martin's site, not at rendo, so don't have the back-up link.

edited December 1969

Try reinstalling DAZ Studio and the plugin but make sure they are both the same version.

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Try reinstalling DAZ Studio and the plugin but make sure they are both the same version.

Do I really need to do all of that in other dynamic clothing items are working fine?

edited December 1969

I dont know. I have no idea what your doing. You did not answer all my questions in detail so the only info I can offer is the basics to make sure you are using the latest version of both and that they match cause the first place you will have problems is mismatched software and plugins.

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    I dont know. I have no idea what your doing. You did not answer all my questions in detail so the only info I can offer is the basics to make sure you are using the latest version of both and that they match cause the first place you will have problems is mismatched software and plugins.

Yes. I am using the latest of both.

edited December 1969

Do you get the same error in a new scene with nothing but the clothing item and the figure?

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

I just ran the V4 Shawl through a basic drape and got no error message, so if that's the one you are having problems with it does still work, but something must be amiss on your end.
    I'm running DS 4.6.3.52
    Dynamic Clothing thing version 1.3.3.52.

edited December 1969

My trouble is with the m4 shawl.

I haven't tried it alone, in a new scene because the other dynamic items are working fine. I'll try it, anyway.

Is there any way to re-download products bought through the Optitex site?

edited December 1969

I just ran the V4 Shawl through a basic drape and got no error message, so if that's the one you are having problems with it does still work, but something must be amiss on your end.
    I'm running DS 4.6.3.52
    Dynamic Clothing thing version 1.3.3.52.

She's trying to use the shepherd's shawl, which is for M4, not V4.

Dana

edited December 1969

I am having the same problem in a new daz window/scene.

I am also getting the error message on the shepherd tunic. But not on other garments. So I need to either repurchase the [product, or figure out how to re download it, because I don't see access to older purchases on the website.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

Sorry I don't have them.
    You could try contacting Martin.

edited December 1969

Sorry I don't have them.
    You could try contacting Martin.

From what I understand, he's been somewhat MIA. But I'll keep trying.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Perhaps try the "Support" link on the top right of the optitex-dynamic site Aidana?

(although given that the front page is still advertising a "March Sale", and the blog has been gathering dust since 2012........).

edited December 1969

I never got a satisfactory answer on my issues with some of the biblical items I was having troubles with, either. And that was a year ago Christmas time. It's not a nice feeling since I spent money there and get no support. Perhaps he should have given the products to DAZ3D so they could be supported better.

As I said, I don't know his situation, so I don't want to seem unsympathetic.

Dana

edited December 1969

I did put in a support request, and have lso emailed Martin, directly.

This is very frustrating. I'll probably just purchase it again, so I have the products.

Thanks, guys.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,259
    edited December 1969

Dynamic Clothing Control is sitting in my wishlist for a long time. Today, with the Mayhem sale, is the best opportunity to get it. I am absolutely fascinated with the looks of Dynamic Clothes and would like to use this technology as frequently as possible. But there are my usual two questions (sorry if this has been asked over and over again; I just don't have the time to read 48 pages...):

- Are the Dynamic Clothes for V4 and M4 only - not for G1 or G2? Could I use V4/M4 Dynamic Clothing Control with G1 and G2? If this is a V4/M4 only product, it is not for me. :down:

- Is Dynamic Clothing Control fit for Mac OS Lion?

Thank you for quick response! :)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Some dynamic items are for Genesis, not sure if there are any for Genesis 2. You can use dynamic clothes on a different figure if you do an animated drape.

It does work on MACOSX in DS4+

edited December 1969

Some dynamic items are for Genesis, not sure if there are any for Genesis 2. You can use dynamic clothes on a different figure if you do an animated drape.

It does work on MACOSX in DS4+

Ah, thank you, fixmypcmike, this was really quick. I think I'll give it a try...
  • SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited December 1969

Dynamic Clothes for V4/M4 will only fit to Genesis 1 & 2 with an animated drape since Genesis 1 & 2 have a different skeleton. Dynamics for Genesis 1 will fit Genesis 2 and vice versa with static or animated drapes since the skeleton is basically the same. Static drapes depend on the conforming qualities of dynamic clothes which work by matching the bones on the clothes to the bones in the figure.

edited September 2014

SimonWM said:
    Dynamic Clothes for V4/M4 will only fit to Genesis 1 & 2 with an animated drape since Genesis 1 & 2 have a different skeleton. Dynamics for Genesis 1 will fit Genesis 2 and vice versa with static or animated drapes since the skeleton is basically the same. Static drapes depend on the conforming qualities of dynamic clothes which work by matching the bones on the clothes to the bones in the figure.
    Thank you, SimonWM. I just bought the Control Dingsda, and with your informations, I can avoid disappointment. :)
    Post edited by caravelle on
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

The other main thing to make sure is that you manually install the Dynamic Clothing Control as DIM doesn't install it right, so after every DS update, you need to install it by downloading from your account page.

I don't have the M4 Shepherd tunic, but the V4 sack tunic works a treat on V6 using drape animation...

Biblical_V6_test.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 932K
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

In what way doesn't DIM install it properly Andrew?. I haven't heard this before now and I haven't tested it myself as I don't have anything installed yet and also I am mid way through a tutorial regarding DIM and content installation so having the true facts would be very helpful to include.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

I used DIM solely to update my DS the last 5 or so iterations (stable and public beta) and I never installed the Dynamic Cloth Control plugin manually. Always worked via DIM here. Not sure if there are any occurrences that could cause this to fail.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I know Jaderail mentioned Daz Studio itself should be installed manually due to some reporting OS incompatibly issues but I have never heard of plug-ins having issues.