DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.3.52, General Release, Now Available for Download!

Comments

• BackDoor3DBackDoor3D Posts: 160
    edited June 2014

The Re-Import Metadata has finished when all window panes close, DS does that automatically. There is absolutely no reason to leave DS running all night. I use DS an an iMac with OS X 10.9.3 and I don’t have any issues with the latest version of DS.

Then why has more and more of my content been slowly showing up each time I turn the program on? I don't have a job set to update things each night, but slowly more and more items and their icons are making their way into the Content Library pane.

It may just be my filesystem updating slowly under the deluge of a couple thousand new files, but there's no way to tell from the program's behavior and the way the instructions have been phrased (which to be fair have mostly been to the Windows-side people who seem to have been having far worse problems this time around).

After looking at my log files, I'm now more puzzled about the 20-30 repetitions of

WARNING: libpng warning: Ignoring invalid time value

at the end of every log entry.

Being a long time Mac OS user from way back in the 90's I can tell you that the current OS X 10.9.3 has a few, well, more than a few, Finder bugs. I know that for a fact because I experience "hiccups" and bizarre behavior with Finder every damn day with all sorts of applications.
    IMHO it is an OS problem and not a DS problem.

I am unable to reproduce what you are experiencing on my DS 4.6.3.50 install with PG on an iMac (OS X 10.9.3) and it is very stable and everything is in its right place and works as it should. I did however Stop the CMS service and move all database entries and folders prior to installing the latest DS with PostgreSQL.

If I may, I would like to suggest that you "Re-Import Metadata" and include "UserData" when you do, it should only take a short while and should fix your problem with missing content.........I have over 600 Gb of content and it takes about 24 minutes to complete on my system.

Also, I would Stop the old Valentina CMS Service if you indeed still have it and it is running. I have seen this cause problems. Although, having said that, when I installed DS 4.6.3.50 using DIM it uninstalled the old Valentina DB stuff but I still had to remove the CMS service using its uninstaller.

I would also suggest that you run a Disk Check on the Volume and a Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility. This can sometime fix issues such as the ones you are experiencing.

Hope this helps some.

Post edited by BackDoor3D on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Spit said:
    Kerya said:
    I got Postgre to run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :) :) :) :) :)

For everybody who doesn't get Postgre to run: take a close look at the version number of your DIM ... mine was outdated! It started, it worked, but it was still 1.0.something ... even when I let it update when it asked.
    The deleting all DIM files by hand and installing fresh from the Product library download worked.
    Then I had to uninstall PostgreSQL and DazStudio and reinstall - but now it works!

Yay!!!

You never gave up! I love it.

No - no giving up for me.
    It is my computer and it has to do what I want it to do!
    LOL

• Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited December 1969

A product update for Studio has appeared in my DIM, since last weekend when I last used it. I've already upgraded to 4.6.3.50, which is there under the Installed tab. The metadata for this new package (e.g. Product ID, Package Date) are identical to the one I have installed. Is this really an update and should I install it?

• WouldheWouldhe Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

Just installed the latest version - it looks like this has changed the path to virtually all my installed content which is now unusable from categories that have been organised over a long period. - would really appreciate some advice..

Correct path is in content directory manager but all individual file references are gone :(

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Re-Import your Metadata and Use the User Data tick as well. I hope you have been exporting your User Data to keep your Categories Backed up. You should always export User data after every Category update you do.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

A product update for Studio has appeared in my DIM, since last weekend when I last used it. I've already upgraded to 4.6.3.50, which is there under the Installed tab. The metadata for this new package (e.g. Product ID, Package Date) are identical to the one I have installed. Is this really an update and should I install it?

Yes, it's a hotfix for a problem some people were having. No rush to install if you haven't been having problems, but you may want to just so you'll be able to tell net time DS is updated.

• WouldheWouldhe Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

Actually was my bad - looks like there was some duplication resolved by removing orphans.

• Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited December 1969

Yes, it's a hotfix for a problem some people were having. No rush to install if you haven't been having problems, but you may want to just so you'll be able to tell net time DS is updated.

Thanks, Mike, that's a good idea (I don't seem to have had any problems, but I haven't used it very much). I'm installing it now.
  • info_7ab70978f3info_7ab70978f3 Posts: 78
    edited December 1969

Old dog (me)
    Learning new thing with current release is there a thread explaining install to D: drive

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited June 2014

James S said:
    Old dog (me)
    Learning new thing with current release is there a thread explaining install to D: drive

If you're using DIM, hit the cogwheel in the upper right to get into the settings. Go to the installation tab. At the top you'll see two boxes for 32bit and 64bit software. Change those to where you want the software installed. If you want D:\Daz 3D then just put D: drive. If you want D:\Programs\Daz 3D, then use D:\Programs. You want to put it one folder higher than where the Daz 3D folder is going so you don't end up with Daz 3D\Daz 3D.

You use the same tab (bottom half) to change where you want the libraries to be (you'll need to change the path within Daz Studio as well to reflect this).

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • info_7ab70978f3info_7ab70978f3 Posts: 78
    edited June 2014

Install
    failed
    no love
    uninstall
    reinstall
    rinse
    and
    repeat
    Be back later
    Thanx

Post edited by info_7ab70978f3 on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Hey James. If all else fails you can try to download it and hand install it. If that fails try this... make a new directory. Call it DAZ Studio 4.6 and point the installer there and see if that fixes it. If that fails then try updating your video card drivers and make sure all important updates for your OS are installed. Reboot and try again.

• Gerry1Gerry1 Posts: 12
    edited December 1969

Absolutley a cool release !! THANK YOU,DAZ !!!!!!
    The only thing that I miss is the reload of my favorites parameters under GENESIS / ACTOR in the same scene-file (I mean the heart ...)
    LG (Greetings)
    Gerry

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited June 2014

Is this dialog box or the feedback feature new? Just asking because I don't remember seeing it before.

daz_studio_5.jpg
    415 x 247 - 38K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Is this dialog box or the feedback feature new? Just asking because I don't remember seeing it before.

Yes.
    From the announcement at the beginning of the thread:

What is the Application Improvement Program about?
    It's about improving the DAZ Studio user experience. Support tickets and bug reports provide important clues as to the needs of you the customer, but they are only hints. This improvement program will allow us to to "see" how the features of DAZ Studio are actually performing and where users are getting hung up.

If you choose to participate in the program, the statistics we will collect are anonymous and contain no personally identifiable information. We respect your right to privacy. That said, if you choose not to participate, we respect that too.

We encourage you to participate. In doing so, your use of the application will have a greater influence on where we focus our efforts.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Yes.

What is the Application Improvement Program about?
    It's about improving the DAZ Studio user experience. Support tickets and bug reports provide important clues as to the needs of you the customer, but they are only hints. This improvement program will allow us to to "see" how the features of DAZ Studio are actually performing and where users are getting hung up.

If you choose to participate in the program, the statistics we will collect are anonymous and contain no personally identifiable information. We respect your right to privacy. That said, if you choose not to participate, we respect that too.

We encourage you to participate. In doing so, your use of the application will have a greater influence on where we focus our efforts.

How do I get to answer that again? I saw it when I first opened the new version and dismissed it without thinking. Never saw it again.

edited June 2014

Yes.

Thanks. I must've read over that announcement. :red:

Spit, I couldn't find any way to display that question again. Sorry.

Edit: Daz Studio or 3Delight seems to be rendering faster. I am still using a shading rate of 0.50. I don't supposed someone optimized the code? Or maybe I lowered the quality of a pixel filter.

Post edited by starionwolf on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited June 2014

Greetings,

Spit said:
    How do I get to answer that again? I saw it when I first opened the new version and dismissed it without thinking. Never saw it again.
    If you pull up your Preferences (Cmd-, on Mac OS X, not sure where on Windows) it's the first checkbox after the 'Authorship information' block in the General tab of your Preferences.

It reads:

☑ Participate in DAZ Studio Improvement Program

-- Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
    edited December 1969

I must be half-asleep because I did not see that checkbox. Yes, go to the Edit menu, then click preferences.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

I must be half-asleep because I did not see that checkbox. Yes, go to the Edit menu, then click preferences.

Thanks!

edited December 1969

Note there was a fix and a new build put out Yesterday. This fix is designed to improve the new customer experience. The first post was edited, in case you missed it.

First fruits of the product improvement program. Thanks, to those participating. :)

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

That update just wiped out my Daz Studio!

Now downloading it again manually!

edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    That update just wiped out my Daz Studio!

Now downloading it again manually!

Make sure DAZ Studio is closed before reinstalling.
    edited December 1969

But why did it wipe out Daz Studio in the first place?

edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    But why did it wipe out Daz Studio in the first place?
    I can't answer your situation specifically, but the only time I have seen that happen is if DAZ Studio was open when an update was attempted.
    edited December 1969

No Daz was not opened when Dim installed it.

edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    No Daz was not opened when Dim installed it.
    Like I said, I don't know what happened in your particular case, just that it is the only way I have seen it happen.

Note that closing DAZ Studio takes a few, even after the program appears to be closed.

edited December 1969

Well I ran DIM first thing this morning before anything was opened so it wasn't that that caused it to be wiped out.

Just a blooming nuisance because I have things to do and can't until I have re-installed Daz Studio.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Saw that the Photoshop bridge got an update too. Can anyone tell me what was in that, or was it just a version number change due to DS being updated?

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Saw that the Photoshop bridge got an update too. Can anyone tell me what was in that, or was it just a version number change due to DS being updated?
    Just a version number change. The Windows CC version, (which I know you are waiting for) presuming testing continues to go well, is likely to be in 4.6.4.X, or 4.7.X.X depending on what the next release is numbered.