Daz Install Manager (DIM) 1.4.0.94, Now Available! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• My DIM is showing 0 files ready to download.  Filled out a support ticket. Hope this issue will be fixed soon. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited November 2020

...just opened the DIM up and everything's fine.  Al lthe products I purchased appear to be in the Ready to Download tab (quite a sizeable number in fact that I wouldn't want to manually download one by one). 

ETA:  Still experiening numerous download failures (now have 11 products that won't download including Oberon Station which has continued to fail even after closing and reopening the IM several times).. Even selecting just a single item doesn't seem to help either.  This is becoming extremely frustrating. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183

DIM sometimes shows contents in Ready To Download, sometimes not. A refresh could result in nothing showing. Restarting DIM brought everything back (once), but I can't see a pattern as I don't want to refresh too often, it takes too long. Also noticed that the "Filter by Order" displays nothing with the new Order Number format.

• NubieNubie Posts: 59

smiley  probably not a priority just FYI - super large item thumbnails have replaced the data, et. al., since I updated earlier this week.

thanks

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    edited November 2020

Please post a screenshot.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Here, for you, Doc. wink

Huge Thumbnail image.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Am having substantial DIM download failures, on different products, no rhyme or reason. Refreshing or closing out and trying again works on maybe 1 out of 6. 

• Can you please fix the nonsensical thumbnails in DIM?
    If you are too blind to see small details, you should not dabble with computer graphics anyway.

But seriously, those insanely huge thumbnails prevent the asset's essential details like the package name, the product and package ID, and the package size to be visible anymore.

This is not an issue with DIM, which simply requests a thumbnail (when told to by the user) - the store is currently sending full size images in response. I think it would be nice to have slightly larger images, but in any event restoring the status quo or adopting a new standard is as likely to involve a change to the store coding as to DIM

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited November 2020

Richard, can you please try to get Jack to put the giant DIM thumbnails on the known problems list (assuming that Daz has made note of that problem already)? A few of us have been mentioning it in the other threads, but it hasn't made the list. Do we need to send a help request?

Post edited by barbult on
  • @Richard Haseltine, does that mean you think it is not an issue? And does not need to be or will be fixed?

• @Richard Haseltine, does that mean you think it is not an issue? And does not need to be or will be fixed?

Whether I tyhink it's an issue or not has no bearing on when it will be chnaged - I was merely adding a personal view, that I'd like the thumbnail images stayed a bit bigger. I do agree that currently some of them are far to large to be practical, and I hope they will be fixed (at which point I think we will have to redownload the thumbnails - although you could use an image editor to resize anything over a certain minimum in the Thumbnail archive folder used by DIM).

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714

They could keep sending the full images but add a resize feature in DIM where users can set the size they prefer to have in the thumbnail.  Alternatively let DIM tell the server which size the user prefers and deliver that size, to save disk space and bandwidth.  Not a big deal to program.

• TomDowdTomDowd Posts: 197

It has been a few days now that DIM isn't seeing any of my new purchases. Any suggestions?

I'm running 1.4.0.67. The final log entries give some hints:

2020-11-08 09:27:20.275 Network Error during authentication.
    2020-11-08 09:27:20.275 Unable to parse purchased products
    2020-11-08 09:27:20.275 Invalid JSON formatting while processing purchased items.

DIM says I am logged in, but the above indicates a problem. There are no other errors in the log file, nor does DIM display any errors during login. 

Ideas?

TD

• Taoz said:

They could keep sending the full images but add a resize feature in DIM where users can set the size they prefer to have in the thumbnail.  Alternatively let DIM tell the server which size the user prefers and deliver that size, to save disk space and bandwidth.  Not a big deal to program.

The basic issue would still need to be fixed, before any enhancement like that could be added.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714
    Taoz said:

The basic issue would still need to be fixed, before any enhancement like that could be added.

What is the basic issue?

• Taoz said:
    Taoz said:

What is the basic issue?

I don't have the gory details, beyond what Isaid in https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6191406/#Comment_6191406

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    Taoz said:
    Taoz said:

What is the basic issue?

Making sure everyone is consistently and reliably able to download their products.

edited November 2020
    Taoz said:
    Taoz said:

What is the basic issue?

Making sure everyone is consistently and reliably able to download their products.

...+1 

It's been two and a half weeks and I still can't get Oberon Station to download.

• TomDowd said:

It has been a few days now that DIM isn't seeing any of my new purchases. Any suggestions?

2020-11-08 09:27:20.275 Invalid JSON formatting while processing purchased items.

DIM says I am logged in, but the above indicates a problem. There are no other errors in the log file, nor does DIM display any errors during login. 

Ideas?

TD

Unfortenatly i have the exact same problem.

: - (

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,886
    edited November 2020
    TomDowd said:

Ideas?

TD

Nothing is even showing up for me in DIM. I just bought a brand new computer and have been trying to install all my assets and it just sits there blank. It only showed like the G8 essentials and stuff you get when you download Daz, but nothing I've bought is showing up. It's all showing up in smart content as gray boxes, but I'm not going to double click on thousands of items to install them, I want to set it up in DIM and walk away for a couple of hours. Then I downloaded central having never tried that before really and again, my library doesn't show up. I don't know what to do. 

- edit - 

After two hours of racking my brain, I just turned DIM on again and everything is showing up...I have no idea what the issue was but I'm going to download everything before it disappears again lol. 

Post edited by benniewoodell on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    TomDowd said:

Ideas?

TD

Nothing is even showing up for me in DIM. I just bought a brand new computer and have been trying to install all my assets and it just sits there blank. It only showed like the G8 essentials and stuff you get when you download Daz, but nothing I've bought is showing up. It's all showing up in smart content as gray boxes, but I'm not going to double click on thousands of items to install them, I want to set it up in DIM and walk away for a couple of hours. Then I downloaded central having never tried that before really and again, my library doesn't show up. I don't know what to do. 

- edit - 

After two hours of racking my brain, I just turned DIM on again and everything is showing up...I have no idea what the issue was but I'm going to download everything before it disappears again lol. 

Check your DIM configuration first!!! Make sure the download and install directories are set to where you want them. Daz central in particular will muck with your DIM settings, so be careful.

• wizwiz Posts: 1,100

Put me down as another one with DIM problems. Haven't had any new items in DIM since October 31.

Apparently, this came in with the new store.

TomDowd said:

Ideas?

TD

Just checked my log: it ends with those same three lines, too.

Oh, and when I try to submit a ticket, it keeps highlighting the request type window and demanding I select a request type when I've already done that. Tried both "Technical support" and "sales support". At the moment, this is about the best way of contacting DAZ.

• wiz said:

Oh, and when I try to submit a ticket, it keeps highlighting the request type window and demanding I select a request type when I've already done that. Tried both "Technical support" and "sales support". At the moment, this is about the best way of contacting DAZ.

There's a second list, with more options, further down the page if you mean you made a selection in the very first list, that appears before the rest of the page.

• TomDowdTomDowd Posts: 197
    TomDowd said:

Ideas?

TD

FYI, I closed out my support ticket this morning - it is now working. Support emailed last night that they'd been informed the problem was fixed, and so far it seems to have been.

TD

edited November 2020

...yeah still had a couple failures however after three weeks finally got Oberon Station to download.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183

The new Order number format conflicts with the syntax used for purely numeric Order numbers where the "-" is used to denote a range of numbers. With the new groups of four hexadecimal characters separated by "-", nothing shows in the list on all tabs when the right-click Filter Products -> Same Order ID is used.

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

DIM ist totally going bonkers. I de-installed a pose set, after which DIM told me that I had only 89 istalled items left- definitely false - and did not show my any of my not installed files. After re-starting the whole computer not installed files were shown, but nothing of the about 900 files which I still hadN´t downloaded.

I WISH WE COULD GET PROPERLY WORKING SOFTWARE!

I would gladly have stayed with the old Store, the old DAZ and the old DIM. At least I knew the errors they made.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

DIM ist totally going bonkers. I de-installed a pose set, after which DIM told me that I had only 89 istalled items left- definitely false - and did not show my any of my not installed files. After re-starting the whole computer not installed files were shown, but nothing of the about 900 files which I still hadN´t downloaded.

Did you change the Manifest Archive location?  That's where DIM records what was installed.

I was seeing no downloads available an hour ago -- that's a glitch on the server side, not in DIM itself,  Currently it's working again.