SereneNight's Sci-Fi Fun Thread 2

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552
    edited November 2020

The guys went to Oikos.... For some reason,Oikos Master Bedroom is a beast to render on my machine. I even optimized it, and no love for me. So I don't think we will return to Oikos anytime soon!

The set is pretty cool, you get a long beige room, bed, lounging area (with tv), what I only assume is the restroom (it contains buckets so not sure). Lighting is already done for you with wall lights, but thinking they might be the reason it rendered slowly, I extinguished most of them and instead removed the roof to let an HDRI in. But it all still took 40 minutes  to render, which seems quite some time.

oikos.jpg
    1400 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited November 2020

I liked Milawa, so out of curiousity I applied her skin to Boyd (had to give Boyd his own face though, but with the match color feature, not very hard in photoshop). I think Milawa's skin looks pretty good on a guy.

miliwa-dover.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 800K
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,742

Hold on, this is Milawas face map or Boyds?

Hylas said:

Hold on, this is Milawas face map or Boyds?

I applied Milawa's texture. Because the brows were archy, and I didn't care for them and she had makeup, I took the male face texture Boyd normally uses, went into photoshop and aligned it over Milawa's face. (there is a slight difference in where the male texture and Milawa's mouth and eyes are.). I then used photoshop's color match feature tto match Milawa's face color with the male texture boyd normally uses: In photoshop: Image>Adjustments> Match Color. I matched the old boyd face to Milawa's and then just used that texture instead of Milawa's. I did the same with the gray scale textures for the head, for highlights.

Oh, Milawa also had manicured nails which I replaced with Michael 8's texture, and Also some lines under her breasts, which were easy to remove with the bandaid tool. I then saved those textures as a preset, and I'm good to go. 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

I liked Milawa, so out of curiousity I applied her skin to Boyd (had to give Boyd his own face though, but with the match color feature, not very hard in photoshop). I think Milawa's skin looks pretty good on a guy.

I like that tone. It suits him better.

I just picked up the Damien Demon for G3M free for the great long male hair that would look great on female (Wezor Hair for G3M) in the bundle. That and the product Dark Fantasy Add-ons for G3M in it that has bat wings, a devil tail, devil horns, and a snake body of all things. It's good for Halloween and old timey style toon scenes.

Lots of great deals today.

edited November 2020

More Boyd. I added some vascularity to the arms.

Touch-toes.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    edited November 2020

I wanted to have the champagne pour out of the bottle and down Boyd. But after a day, I was disastisfied with my postwork. I then pulled up my wet decals, but Champagne does not look like milk, coffee, or blood, it should be more frothy. I will try this again, but I'm definitely using wine. At least its not got bubbles. So for now, I put the cork back in the bottle, and you can use your imagination.

Blue Wave.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    edited November 2020

Next up is a Miklos by ColorGaleria. He is nice an pale, comes with his own hair, and beard, and has a very nice fair skin. There are some baked in hairs, but nothing major .I really like him! 

mIKLOS.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 719K

I wanted to have the champagne pour out of the bottle and down Boyd. But after a day, I was disastisfied with my postwork. I then pulled up my wet decals, but Champagne does not look like milk, coffee, or blood, it should be more frothy. I will try this again, but I'm definitely using wine. At least its not got bubbles. So for now, I put the cork back in the bottle, and you can use your imagination.

You can check some of the ocean wave / water shaders. I know the 'Hidden Cave' set in the DAZ Store has decent froth, although not nearly as much as shaken champaign. Maybe many raspberry, massively scaled down and color changed?

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited November 2020

For what it's worth, Sickleyield has some white wine shaders that I've used and they sort of work. Needs more froth, though. It might be that the other shaders in her Rigged Waters sets will work better, putting a faint yellow tint on those frothier ones instead. Have to give that a shot.

Post edited by vwrangler on
    edited November 2020

Interesting. Can you tell me the product? The problem i found with champagne is too many shaders look like Gatorade or worse.. like pus.

Champagne is a hard color to make..when thin is barely a wheat color. It can even look clear.... I dunno I  was not successful at replicating the right look. I think wine will be easier. There are tones of bloody products which could be purpled slightly.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808

Interesting. Can you tell me the product? The problem i found with champagne is too many shaders look like Gatorade or worse.. like pus.

https://www.daz3d.com/rigged-water-iray - this one has the white wine shader that I used. It also has a shower water shader that might work with a pale yellow tint.

https://www.daz3d.com/rigged-water-iray-2 - has a rum shader that might work even better, plus rigged bubbles and bubble shaders. It wasn't available when I did that image, or I might have used that instead.

https://www.daz3d.com/sy-rigged-water-iray-4 - has some droplets and droplet shaders that might also work.

Hey thanks for those suggstions. I'm going to try it again at some point! Now I have better options.

edited November 2020

It's Owen and Boyd in their super tiny kitchen. In these thanksgiving scenes I use it as a opportunity to put in as many delicious food props as possible.

Thanks.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    edited November 2020

This is my first render of 'sweet street.'

I have to fix the sig on this one. I will upload it again later.

winterfun.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

That looks nice. You always use interesting camera angles. 

edited November 2020

So Harvest feast. I was excited....I have long wanted a complete turkey dinner, although Renderosity's Thanksgiving Spread from last year, was pretty good, it seems to have dissapeared.

Unfortunately the turkey in Harvest Feast does look a bit undercooked! Maybe an hour or two more in the oven?

But don't worry- If you have Diva's Altern8 product, you can adjust th texture. I just loaded G8F, applied Altern8, and used the shader settings for one of the G8F's legs on the Turkey. Changing the transparency color slightly more peach since it was blue. Voila.

Turkey.png
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    Turkey2.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 772K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

So Harvest feast. I was excited....I have long wanted a complete turkey dinner, although Renderosity's Thanksgiving Spread from last year, was pretty good, it seems to have dissapeared.

Unfortunately the turkey in Harvest Spread does look a bit undercooked! Maybe an hour or two more in the oven?

But don't worry- If you have Diva's Altern8 product, you can adjust th texture. I just loaded G8F, applied Altern8, and used the shader settings for one of the G8F's legs on the Turkey. Changing the transparency color slightly. Voila.

That was clever and the result is great! Yummy - am I invited to dinner?

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    barbult said:

Unfortunately the turkey in Harvest Spread does look a bit undercooked! Maybe an hour or two more in the oven?

But don't worry- If you have Diva's Altern8 product, you can adjust th texture. I just loaded G8F, applied Altern8, and used the shader settings for one of the G8F's legs on the Turkey. Changing the transparency color slightly. Voila.

Who would have thought!  Guess I really need to mess with that product more lol. 

Nice turkey!!

edited November 2020

Here's a fun freebie Peeps! If you are like me, and like to convert poses this one will be a godsend. It is usable for commercial use, so if you made some M4 poses back in the day, you can use this tool to convert them

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/freestuff/?item_id=86848

Here's The initial pose. It is a Teris pose. You apply the post to M4

You apply the script. The script requires that you have both M4 and G8M in the scene, and you select the hip node.  This is the result

A few minor tweaks to this, and you can get a save-able pose, and you can use the instructions I posted to save them into your library for G8M

You may notice the conversion is not perfect, but the body shape between M4 and G8M is pretty different. So you should expect to correct a few limbs before saving.

M4.JPG
    745 x 854 - 116K
    g8M.JPG
    746 x 851 - 117K
    G8M Corrected.JPG
    717 x 817 - 105K

barbult said:

That was clever and the result is great! Yummy - am I invited to dinner?

Of course! Glad you liked the tip

edited November 2020

Owen and Boyd take to the town with their Dog Bitty. Bitty of course has an agenda of her own. Refueling- And Boyds ice cream looks pretty good. 

I wanted to have Bitty LICK the ice cream, however the dog or the morph  for her tongue is just too attached to the lower half of her jaw, so it didn't extend enough to lick the cone well.

You may ask why a robot dog actually eats, but Bitty does consume glucose. The nannites which help her run her robotic body require it.  Her preferred drink is flat soda. However, any other sugar source will do. Also, grandad has programmed her to behave like any other dog, so she has cravings. 

ChristmasCheer2.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    edited November 2020

Okay, I haven't rendered this one yet....  It is the H-Suit. It comes with the accessories seen here and a lot of MAT Zones.

PefectStorm.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    edited November 2020

Here is one of Feral Fey's 3 MMM triad Poses. FF's Triad Romance Poses for Genesis 8

They are all three quite nice. Now I just wish there were a few more. 

The set is from the entrance of Helio. It has an included HDRI/Render preset which is quite nice.  I'm not entirely keen on the giant gemstone thing on Owen's chest. In my defense I didn't notice this until I was done rendering. Oh well.

helio.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 3M
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949
    edited November 2020

@SereneNight sorry to bother you but I think you can help me I found a missing dial in the Drutherson Add-on ,and don't know how to report it .... if you have a minute I'd really appreciate it

Post edited by carrie58 on

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

No problem. I would submit a tech support ticket for that.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949

Thank you very much

edited November 2020

Next up is: Res Mortifera. He is a custom character, so he needs to be posed manually. He does not pose well at all in 4.11. In 4.14 he works much better, but there is a problem. There is some lag thing happening so when you move a limb, it takes a moment or two for the arm to snap into position. Also, he seems to zap into t-pose every time you touch him with the pose tool. He has some included pose dials for the hands, feet and head (weirdly no arm and leg), but they have this same weird lag.  He does look cool, he has a poseable tail, and a predator style face.  I do not like his textures on his hands and feet. It is a bit lacking in detail looking a bit dark and bland. the face is very well done. 

I did try my trick of using Altern8 on him, but it simply emphasized the sprayed-on quality of his hands and feet. Although the head looked good with some transparency. I really wish more effort was made to paint the talons. His teeth look very cool, but his talons aren’t very striking.

Overall, I am disappointed he is not easier to pose. At least if you are going to make this hard for the user, include some poses?   He comes with several colors of skin, including this one. 

He is doable. But you need a new version of Studio, and you need to be able to use the pose tools to get him to move. 

alien.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    edited December 2020

https://www.daz3d.com/sy-naturally-flushed-genesis-8

SY naturally flushed is a very nice product. It includes a very realistic "Sweat" Geoshell, and flushing in various strengths. Here I rendered Owen with one of the lighter ones. It is still pretty red, but Owen is very pale. It looks more moderate on skins that are more mid-tone.

flush.png
    1400 x 1600 - 2M

Serene Night said:

https://www.daz3d.com/sy-naturally-flushed-genesis-8

SY naturally flushed is a very nice product. It includes a very realistic "Sweat" Geoshell, and flushing in various strengths. Here I rendered Owen with one of the lighter ones. It is still pretty red, but Owen is very pale. It looks more moderate on skins that are more mid-tone.

Pretty good job as that's a very involved bit of work to do and have it render believably.