THE ANNUAL SUMMER FUN AND PINUPS CHALLENGE!

Comments

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    So for those of you who don't know who or what Louie looks like, here are a few renders of Lord Ganthors infamous character. He was created by LG so you will have to copy him as good as you can. Some know him as "DA REAL MAN". I think he is from Jersey!

:-)

Joisy?!? JOISY!!!! I autta' kick yer !@#$%% @$$ from here t' Joisy fer dat remark!!! Dat's Brooklyn, ya overgrown, long-in-da-tooth freak!! Good ol', right here in da U.S.A., New York City, da greatest city in da woild, Brooklyn! Sheesh....

And as an aside unrelated to our resident loudmouth, a heartfelt congratulations and a job well done to Alexa! I think we're all looking forward to seeing great and wonderful things from her.

PS: Dollygirl, good heavens, but that's spooky! I'm not used to seeing "my" characters inhabiting somebody ease's runtime...oh, I've got a bad feeling about this....

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,269
    edited December 1969

***Griiiiiiiiins***

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    This is a bit Off Topic, but since most of the folks who know her are here, I'm going to post it here:

Alexa has been accepted into Purdue University's Computer Graphics Technology Program starting this August. It was the exact Degree Program that she wanted and was her primary choice. They accepted her into the program 3 business days after she applied. She applied on a Wednesday after taking a tour of the facilities (which put her application submission after office hours) and was given notice of admission the following Monday.

Just thought that her friends here might want to know that all of her hard work has finally paid off. I attribute her success to the support that she received here in the Freebie Challenge from all of her friends.

Thanks to all of you.
    Kendall

Tell Alexa congratulations, Kendall. How exciting for her, starting on a new journey. So are you. Will you be an empty nester in August?

The Campus she needs for her Degree is actually "local." It is about 50 miles away roadwise, but the campus is only about 2 miles from where my wife's workplace is. So it is going to allow her to stay home for College.

Kendall

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    So for those of you who don't know who or what Louie looks like, here are a few renders of Lord Ganthors infamous character. He was created by LG so you will have to copy him as good as you can. Some know him as "DA REAL MAN". I think he is from Jersey!

Joisy?!? JOISY!!!! I autta' kick yer !@#$%% @$$ from here t' Joisy fer dat remark!!! Dat's Brooklyn, ya overgrown, long-in-da-tooth freak!! Good ol', right here in da U.S.A., New York City, da greatest city in da woild, Brooklyn! Sheesh....

And as an aside unrelated to our resident loudmouth, a heartfelt congratulations and a job well done to Alexa! I think we're all looking forward to seeing great and wonderful things from her.

PS: Dollygirl, good heavens, but that's spooky! I'm not used to seeing "my" characters inhabiting somebody ease's runtime...oh, I've got a bad feeling about this....

Not to worry. He is a distant distant relative. Not even close to that handsome fellow Louie!

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    This is a bit Off Topic, but since most of the folks who know her are here, I'm going to post it here:

Alexa has been accepted into Purdue University's Computer Graphics Technology Program starting this August. It was the exact Degree Program that she wanted and was her primary choice. They accepted her into the program 3 business days after she applied. She applied on a Wednesday after taking a tour of the facilities (which put her application submission after office hours) and was given notice of admission the following Monday.

Just thought that her friends here might want to know that all of her hard work has finally paid off. I attribute her success to the support that she received here in the Freebie Challenge from all of her friends.

Thanks to all of you.
    Kendall

Tell Alexa congratulations, Kendall. How exciting for her, starting on a new journey. So are you. Will you be an empty nester in August?

The Campus she needs for her Degree is actually "local." It is about 50 miles away roadwise, but the campus is only about 2 miles from where my wife's workplace is. So it is going to allow her to stay home for College.

Kendall
    That is a good thing when it is local. You get a few more years to enjoy having your daughter there with the family.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2014

I was thinking about trying for a pinup lookalike of Conchita Wurst, but am having trouble finding a free skin for V4, anyone have any ideas where I would find one?.

This Is Conchita Wurst, if you don't know the name http://thunderbird37.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Conchita-Wurst-Life-_Ball_.jpg

Post edited by Chohole on
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited June 2014

Das sum hot stuff dere Cho...cept fer da beard...das freaky! Hope she gots a date fer de evening, cuz I ain't askin' her out.

Ho hum..me's and old Bruno's gonna stroll on down East 57th I guess.....whas dis? BRUNO! GEEZE!

LouieAndBruno.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 171K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Das sum hot stuff dere Cho...cept fer da beard...das freaky! Hope she gots a date fer de evening, cuz I ain't askin' her out.

Ho hum..me's and old Bruno's gonna stroll on down East 57th I guess.....whas dis? BRUNO! GEEZE!

It's a man...a transvestite. :smirk:

Dana

• TallulahdahlingTallulahdahling Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

Thanks to all of you.
    Kendall

How wonderful! Congratulations to Alexa! I love to know when someone achieves an important life goal like that.

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited December 1969

but am having trouble finding a free skin for V4

What specifically are you looking for, Cho? I assume that you aren't trying to find one complete with beard? If you just need something other than V4's default texture that you can count towards your freebies, I know of some decent ones, although they are part of free character packs. Is kit-bashing allowed? Anyway, have a boo at these:

DieTrying Sandra: http://www.sharecg.com/v/61717/gallery/11/Poser/Sandra-for-V4-Base-DieTrying-Morphs

(there's also a second one there in DieTrying's portfolio called Sonja)

LA3Digital Art Braylee: http://www.sharecg.com/v/56401/gallery/6/Texture/Braylee-Limited-Free-upload-TexturesPt1 (Note: there are three parts/downloads for the complete textures)

(there's also a second one in LA3D's portfolio called Michelle - two part texture download)

winter200 Bonnie: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?search=winter200&expression=artist_name
    (I do hate the thought of you putting a beard on the poor thing, though)

P3Design P3D Megan: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=73121

And many others...

edited June 2014

I was looking for a skin that would work on V4 so I could do Conchita as a pinup, so yes I need the beard. :coolgrin:

I guess I forgot to add a smiley to my first post :coolsmirk:

S/He recently won the Eurovision song contest, so thought would be a topical pinup, (for Europeans anyway) :coolsmile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRUIava4WRM

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I was looking for a skin that would work on V4 so I could do Conchita as a pinup, so yes I need the beard. :coolgrin:

I guess I forgot to add a smiley to my first post :coolsmirk:

S/He recently won the Eurovision song contest, so thought would be a topical pinup, (for Europeans anyway) :coolsmile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRUIava4WRM

Can't you use M4 textures on V4? I thought we could do that somehow? There are some M4 textures that include the beard, "painted on".

Dana

edited December 1969

I have a cr2 of M4 that allows me to use V4 textures on him, but not one for the reverse. I don't have Victor or Bruno.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I have a cr2 of M4 that allows me to use V4 textures on him, but not one for the reverse. I don't have Victor or Bruno.

I'm pretty sure it was a UVmap thing. Perhaps it can only be done in DS, though.

Dana

edited June 2014

Actually I found that the Bruno mat fits V4, but he doesn't have tweezered eyebrows. :-(

Conchita.png
    629 x 642 - 208K
    Hmm,_maybe.png
    629 x 642 - 228K
    edited June 2014

I had never heard of Conchita Wurst, so I did some surfing on her/him. I am not sure if she/he is claiming to actually be a woman but I did find a few photos of her/him without the makeup and beard. I first wondered if the beard was in fact real, or painted on as it looks different than any other I have seen that IS real, and it always seems to be the exact same length in every photo of her/him. Also I do see that she/he has absolutely no breasts, making me believe she/he is a guy, not a woman. If THAT is the case, then she/he has developed all this bearded lady stuff for publicity, attention and noteriety, which has worked for her/him. Look at this photo and tell me what you think.

Conchita_Wurst.jpg
    327 x 355 - 12K
    edited December 1969

Here is the tut to make V4 take M4 or K4 maps or any combination of such. It is a DAZ tool. Don't know if after you do it you can port over to Bryce.
    http://araneldon.blogspot.com/2010/11/using-textures-made-for-v4-or-m4-on.html

araneldon has a link for the poser side of things. It is at the top of the tutorial.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    I had never heard of Conchita Wurst, so I did some surfing on her/him. I am not sure if she/he is claiming to actually be a woman but I did find a few photos of her/him without the makeup and beard. I first wondered if the beard was in fact real, or painted on as it looks different than any other I have seen that IS real, and it always seems to be the exact same length in every photo of her/him. Also I do see that she/he has absolutely no breasts, making me believe she/he is a guy, not a woman. If THAT is the case, then she/he has developed all this bearded lady stuff for publicity, attention and noteriety, which has worked for her/him. Look at this photo and tell me what you think.

It is something that has worked for individuals in the past. Dame Edna comes to mind.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

I am thinking Victor Victoria!
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Actually I found that the Bruno mat fits V4, but he doesn't have tweezered eyebrows. :-(

She/he is looking good.

edited June 2014

So we have another Doner to join in the donations for this year. The lovely Thorne will be donationg a copy of her " Pabu for V4/A4" character from her store here at Daz to a winner. Here is a pic of her and a link to go see her if any of you like.

http://www.daz3d.com/pabu-for-aiko-4

pabumain.jpg
    350 x 455 - 46K
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    music2u4u said:

I am thinking Victor Victoria!

I love that movie.

edited December 1969

I would like to take a moment to list some links to some of our doners this year so you folks can go see wht they have offered to the winners this month. I will first list Stonemason because I am in awe of his work. It's a guy thing...lol. He is without a doubt one of the finest Poser/Daz Studio modelers out there as well as many other formats I am sure. His work and mind show us what can be done with 3d when it is at it's best. He has been so gracious as to offer up a choice fom his store for the winner this month. You can go see his amazing work here:

http://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Stonemason&x=5&y=5

Stonemason_Urban_future.jpg
    500 x 650 - 120K
    edited June 2014

AprilYSH is the hair queen! Her hair models are everywhere in this community. She has been so nice as to offer up a donation for this year. She will give one item or bundle pick from her Daz store to a winner this month (no collab work though). It will be hard to pick since all of her hair models are superb and many of them. Not an easy task...lol. You can go see her work here:

http://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=AprilYSH&x=8&y=6

aprilysh-fantasy-hairstyles-large.jpg
    500 x 650 - 104K
    edited December 1969

Another donator this year is our friends over at Age Of Armour. They will give a of one item from their Daz store to a winner. They have a veriety of stuff to chose from so you may want to go over and see what is being offered. Wonderful group of folks there and so talented. You can see their work here:

http://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=AGE+OF+ARMOUR&x=6&y=8

Age_of_Armour_gowns.jpg
    500 x 650 - 65K
    edited June 2014

My old buddy Adam Thwaites has been giving his free stuff away here in this forum forever! Like when the dinosaures walked the planet he said "I will give and give!" His dial spun chracter poses are famous throughout. He has joined the team of donators this year by offering up a copy of his new Sculpted Reality Morph, EMMA for Genesis 2 female from his store. She is one lovely lady as are all of his creations. You can go see her at the link here. (NUDITY WARNING HERE!).

http://www.most-digital-creations.com/sr_emma.htm

AdamThwaitesSREmmaAd1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 328K
    edited June 2014

Also I will be giving a copy of my Summer Beach Complex to all three of the winners and a copy of my Summer Beach Voleyball set to the two HMs. The beach complex also includes the volleyball set. It is a complete beach eatery complex with over 30 movable props including a fully equiped concession stand, tables and chairs, volleyball set, lifeguard post, beack his/hers port-o-lets, and a full beach cyclorama type scene set. I do not have a link to it because it is an exclusive Summer fun and Pinups prize item only! I do however have a few renders so you can see it and the volleyball set.

origimage_1_2998643.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 235K
    BCSFoodCourt1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 135K
    BCSVolleyballSet1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 185K
    edited December 1969

WOW. Wonderful prizes.

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578