[Released] Content Wizard [Commercial]

Comments

• I am trying to run Content Wizard today, but neither Content Wizard nor Batch Content Wizard will start up.  I have tried multiple times.  There is not an update for Content Manager in DIM.  The pop up box says, "An error occurred while reading the file, see the log file for more details."  Log file is below. 
    If it makes and difference, Content Wizard does not show up in Smart Content, but it does show up under Content Library / Products.
    Thanks for your help

2020-10-01 15:45:15.847 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): peer performed orderly shutdown errno=0
    2020-10-01 15:48:18.263 Loading script: D:/HeleneFiles/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Content Wizard/Content Wizard.dse
    2020-10-01 15:48:18.271 DEBUG: Found: D:/HeleneFiles/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_43801/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa
    2020-10-01 15:48:18.279 DEBUG: Found: D:/HeleneFiles/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67507/data/riversoft art/common/rssmartcontentconstants.dsa
    2020-10-01 15:48:18.283 WARNING: Script Error: Line 1
    2020-10-01 15:48:18.287 WARNING: SyntaxError: Parse error
    2020-10-01 15:48:18.287 WARNING: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@D:/HeleneFiles/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67507/data/riversoft art/common/rssmartcontentconstants.dsa:1
    2020-10-01 15:48:18.287 Error in script execution: D:/HeleneFiles/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Content Wizard/Content Wizard.dse

• Helene said:

I am trying to run Content Wizard today, but neither Content Wizard nor Batch Content Wizard will start up.  I have tried multiple times.  There is not an update for Content Manager in DIM.  The pop up box says, "An error occurred while reading the file, see the log file for more details."  Log file is below. 
    If it makes and difference, Content Wizard does not show up in Smart Content, but it does show up under Content Library / Products.
    Thanks for your help

2020-10-01 15:45:15.847 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): peer performed orderly shutdown errno=0
    2020-10-01 15:48:18.263 Loading script: D:/HeleneFiles/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Content Wizard/Content Wizard.dse
    2020-10-01 15:48:18.271 DEBUG: Found: D:/HeleneFiles/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_43801/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa
    2020-10-01 15:48:18.279 DEBUG: Found: D:/HeleneFiles/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67507/data/riversoft art/common/rssmartcontentconstants.dsa
    2020-10-01 15:48:18.283 WARNING: Script Error: Line 1
    2020-10-01 15:48:18.287 WARNING: SyntaxError: Parse error
    2020-10-01 15:48:18.287 WARNING: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@D:/HeleneFiles/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67507/data/riversoft art/common/rssmartcontentconstants.dsa:1
    2020-10-01 15:48:18.287 Error in script execution: D:/HeleneFiles/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Content Wizard/Content Wizard.dse

This is an installation error.  My guess is that you may have installed an older version of one of my products since the last time you used it?  I would uninstall and reinstall.  

• I use DIM to install.  I found Content Wizard in the Insalled tab and uninstalled.  I went to the Ready to Install tab and deleted the package. 

In Content Library / Products / Content Wizard it shows greyed out.

In My DAZ 3D Library / Scripts / RiverSoftArt, Content Wizard is there and I can click on it (it still doesn't work) and I can browse to the folder that it is in, even though it is not installed according to DIM.

How can I uninstall it?  I figure that just deleting the folder I can find is a bad idea since DAZ stores files everywhere.

Thanks for your help

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300
    Helene said:

I use DIM to install.  I found Content Wizard in the Insalled tab and uninstalled.  I went to the Ready to Install tab and deleted the package. 

In Content Library / Products / Content Wizard it shows greyed out.

In My DAZ 3D Library / Scripts / RiverSoftArt, Content Wizard is there and I can click on it (it still doesn't work) and I can browse to the folder that it is in, even though it is not installed according to DIM.

How can I uninstall it?  I figure that just deleting the folder I can find is a bad idea since DAZ stores files everywhere.

Thanks for your help

If it's greyed out, it's not installed.  What happens when you try to download and install it from scratch?

• When I redownload and install it still doesn't work. 

It is not greyed out in MyDAZ 3D Library / Scripts / RiverSoftArt - it is still there and active.  Browse to Folder takes me to the directory where it is still currently installed.  So Greyed out in one place in DAZ and active in another.

I could hit the delete key in file explorer, but I don't know where all of the other parts are installed or what settings may have been changed by the script, so I am hesitating to do that.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344
    edited October 2020
    Helene said:

When I redownload and install it still doesn't work. 

It is not greyed out in MyDAZ 3D Library / Scripts / RiverSoftArt - it is still there and active.  Browse to Folder takes me to the directory where it is still currently installed.  So Greyed out in one place in DAZ and active in another.

I could hit the delete key in file explorer, but I don't know where all of the other parts are installed or what settings may have been changed by the script, so I am hesitating to do that.

Your log showed that Content Wizard was installed through Daz Connect (D:/HeleneFiles/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67507).  If you had also installed through DIM, then there is definitely an installation error. laugh  The 2 installations are conflicting with each other.  You need to delete both (and for safety's sake, search for rssmartcontentconstants.dsa, there should not be multiple files on your system) and then reinstall.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • Thanks for your help.  I now know what I am doing this weekend.  It seems that I have double installed most of my content using both DIM and DAZ Connect.  No wonder my directory is so huge and DAZ is so slow.  <sigh>
    I appreciate your time helping to fix my error. 

• Helene said:

Thanks for your help.  I now know what I am doing this weekend.  It seems that I have double installed most of my content using both DIM and DAZ Connect.  No wonder my directory is so huge and DAZ is so slow.  <sigh>

Oof!  Well, I am glad I could help diagnose your problem laugh

• BHawkBHawk Posts: 59
    edited October 2020

I am also getting an error message when I try to load Content Wizard. However I am able to open the pdf.

2020-10-05 03:20:27.920 Loading script: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/scripts/riversoft art/content wizard/content wizard.dse

2020-10-05 03:20:27.951 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/bhawk/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_56309/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa

2020-10-05 03:20:27.951 WARNING: Script Error: Line 1

2020-10-05 03:20:27.951 WARNING: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: Î

2020-10-05 03:20:27.951 WARNING: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@C:/Users/bhawk/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_56309/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa:1

2020-10-05 03:20:27.998 Error in script execution: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/scripts/riversoft art/content wizard/content wizard.dse

I have been uninstalling and re-installing without sucess. After uninstalling I have searched for rssmartcontentconstants.dsa

and not found it.  This is on the computer that is dedicated to Daz Studio. I have used both the DazCentral and Daz Install Manager to install it, uninstalling in between.

On my older comupter I am able to open it up. But of course, I am not planning on using it on that computer.

Any suggesiions?

Post edited by BHawk on
  • Helene said:

Thanks for your help.  I now know what I am doing this weekend.  It seems that I have double installed most of my content using both DIM and DAZ Connect.  No wonder my directory is so huge and DAZ is so slow.  <sigh>

Ran into similar issues with other products. I am now avoiding DAZ Connect, as it is reliably messing up any installation on my Mac, even if used without DIM. 

• BHawk said:

I am also getting an error message when I try to load Content Wizard. However I am able to open the pdf.

2020-10-05 03:20:27.920 Loading script: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/scripts/riversoft art/content wizard/content wizard.dse

2020-10-05 03:20:27.951 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/bhawk/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_56309/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa

2020-10-05 03:20:27.951 WARNING: Script Error: Line 1

2020-10-05 03:20:27.951 WARNING: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: Î

2020-10-05 03:20:27.951 WARNING: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@C:/Users/bhawk/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_56309/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa:1

2020-10-05 03:20:27.998 Error in script execution: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/scripts/riversoft art/content wizard/content wizard.dse

I have been uninstalling and re-installing without sucess. After uninstalling I have searched for rssmartcontentconstants.dsa

and not found it.  This is on the computer that is dedicated to Daz Studio. I have used both the DazCentral and Daz Install Manager to install it, uninstalling in between.

On my older comupter I am able to open it up. But of course, I am not planning on using it on that computer.

Any suggesiions?

Hmmm.  What version of DS are you using?  It looks like that file is corrupted (or being read incorrectly).  Uninstall completely from Daz Connect and install using DIM. 

• BHawkBHawk Posts: 59

Got it loaded.  Thank you for your help!

• BHawk said:

Got it loaded.  Thank you for your help!

Awesome!  I am glad you got it working.

• Just saw the program was updated? Do i need to download something or is it automatic somehow?

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 353

I'm relatively new to Daz but have accumulated a lot of products through sales, all installed through Daz Central. A large number of these (inlcuding recent products) have ended up in "Lost and Found" and I wanted to be able to edit the metadata to get them into more sensible locations and be able to find them.  I bought Content Wizard because the listing specificaly says "Create or update Smart Content for any product!"  

However it seems it only does this if the item is being newly installed or you have zip files. Because I used Daz Central I don't (I think?) have any zip files for products. So it seems this product is completely useless for my intended purpose (of correcting Lost and Found metadata for already installed items).

Have I misunderstood something? What should I be doing? How should I be doing what I want to do?

Thanks very much for any help or advice.

• Just saw the program was updated? Do i need to download something or is it automatic somehow?

It depends on how you installed it.  For DIM, start DIM and it will show updated products you can install.

• JamieM said:

I'm relatively new to Daz but have accumulated a lot of products through sales, all installed through Daz Central. A large number of these (inlcuding recent products) have ended up in "Lost and Found" and I wanted to be able to edit the metadata to get them into more sensible locations and be able to find them.  I bought Content Wizard because the listing specificaly says "Create or update Smart Content for any product!"  

However it seems it only does this if the item is being newly installed or you have zip files. Because I used Daz Central I don't (I think?) have any zip files for products. So it seems this product is completely useless for my intended purpose (of correcting Lost and Found metadata for already installed items).

Have I misunderstood something? What should I be doing? How should I be doing what I want to do?

Thanks very much for any help or advice.

Content Wizard is more intended for products that don't have smart content at all.  As far as zip files, you have them, even if they are not on your system right now.  Go to your product library on the daz site, select a product, and then a download zip button is available to the right.

If you are only worried about fixing the categories, it might be easier to just drag and drop between the Content Library pane and the Smart Content pane (I think it was @Barbult who had this great tip but I can't find it right now)

JamieM said:

Content Wizard is more intended for products that don't have smart content at all.  As far as zip files, you have them, even if they are not on your system right now.  Go to your product library on the daz site, select a product, and then a download zip button is available to the right.

If you are only worried about fixing the categories, it might be easier to just drag and drop between the Content Library pane and the Smart Content pane (I think it was @Barbult who had this great tip but I can't find it right now)

Thank you very much for your helpful fast reply.

I was fearing I had misunderstood the aims of this. I have only one or two non-Daz items and really don't want to download hundreds of zips from scratch.  So I guess this product isn't what I need after all. I wonder if this aim - of being mainly for external products - could be clarified in the Store text - as well as the line suggesting that you can "update" smart product metadata.

• JamieM said:
    JamieM said:

Thank you very much for your helpful fast reply.

I was fearing I had misunderstood the aims of this. I have only one or two non-Daz items and really don't want to download hundreds of zips from scratch.  So I guess this product isn't what I need after all. I wonder if this aim - of being mainly for external products - could be clarified in the Store text - as well as the line suggesting that you can "update" smart product metadata.

I would think "installing products" and the "add product zip(s)" instructions make that clear.  But I am sorry you misunderstood the text.  Thankfully, Daz's no questions asked 30-day return policy is so good.

JamieM said:
    JamieM said:
    I would think "installing products" and the "add product zip(s)" instructions make that clear.  But I am sorry you misunderstood the text.  Thankfully, Daz's no questions asked 30-day return policy is so good.

I'm not sure it does make it clear. Well, it may for more experienced users - but some of us noobs are still struggling to interpret a lot of Daz store descriptions - which often seem to hide essential points. As well as the wording "Create or update Smart Content for any product In your listing" that I previously mentioned, there is a stand-alone bullet point - separate from the previous "install" bullet point - that says quite plainly (I thought):

• Generate Smart Content for products, with intelligent analysis of products to reduce the grunt work and guesswork of creating metadata

This is what caught me out. It reads like a second stand-alone feature of the product that could analyse owned products (zips haven't been mentioned at all yet in the details) - rather than being only an aspect of the first installation feature.

Anyway, thanks for your help. I think I have to return it as it doesn't offer anything that I need right now. I guess I may re-buy when I start delving deeper into Renderosity.

• Content Wizard is probably the product I use the most. Use it for all 3rd party stuff I purchase. As I am on Mac unfortunately the call for the text editor fails. RiverSoft told me where to look for the call in the code but unfortunately I have not the slidest clue how to invoke the Mac TextEdit from within the DAZ code. Any ideas, maybe from other Mac users?

• Content Wizard is probably the product I use the most. Use it for all 3rd party stuff I purchase. As I am on Mac unfortunately the call for the text editor fails. RiverSoft told me where to look for the call in the code but unfortunately I have not the slidest clue how to invoke the Mac TextEdit from within the DAZ code. Any ideas, maybe from other Mac users?

Thank you for the kind words.  I wish I could help. sad

• ECILAECILA Posts: 3

Hi, I bought your Content Wizard for my purchases at Renderosity. I've installed many files without any problem, thanks! :-)

Now I have a problem with one product: 

Install is no problem, but there seems to be an error during install Smart Content:

15:30:24 GMT+0200 (CEST): Analysis Complete.15:30:32 GMT+0200 (CEST): Installing Product to Daz Studio...15:30:32 GMT+0200 (CEST): Version Number 1.115:30:32 GMT+0200 (CEST): Verifying existence of Renderosity store: true15:30:32 GMT+0200 (CEST): Verifying "Lumino Wings for G3F &amp; G8F" product does not exist already15:30:32 GMT+0200 (CEST): Creating "Lumino Wings for G3F &amp; G8F" product (Store="Renderosity", ID="128420") in Daz Studio...15:30:32 GMT+0200 (CEST): Building product metadata...15:30:32 GMT+0200 (CEST): Creating Product Icon from /Users/Shared/RENDEROSITY/fk_LuminoWings-G3F_G8F_IrayOnly.jpg...15:30:32 GMT+0200 (CEST): Creating support file...15:30:32 GMT+0200 (CEST):      ...Success15:30:32 GMT+0200 (CEST): Importing Product into Daz Studio.../Runtime/Support/Renderosity_128420_Lumino_Wings_for_G3F_&amp;_G8F.dsx15:30:32 GMT+0200 (CEST): Error importing product into Smart Content database15:30:32 GMT+0200 (CEST): There were errors during installation.

It says: Error importing product into Smart Content database

Do you know what might cause this error? Do you have any idea?

Thanks!!

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

Hi, I bought your Content Wizard for my purchases at Renderosity. I've installed many files without any problem, thanks! :-)

Now I have a problem with one product: 

Install is no problem, but there seems to be an error during install Smart Content:

15:30:24 GMT+0200 (CEST): Analysis Complete.15:30:32 GMT+0200 (CEST): Installing Product to Daz Studio...15:30:32 GMT+0200 (CEST): Version Number 1.115:30:32 GMT+0200 (CEST): Verifying existence of Renderosity store: true15:30:32 GMT+0200 (CEST): Verifying "Lumino Wings for G3F &amp; G8F" product does not exist already15:30:32 GMT+0200 (CEST): Creating "Lumino Wings for G3F &amp; G8F" product (Store="Renderosity", ID="128420") in Daz Studio...15:30:32 GMT+0200 (CEST): Building product metadata...15:30:32 GMT+0200 (CEST): Creating Product Icon from /Users/Shared/RENDEROSITY/fk_LuminoWings-G3F_G8F_IrayOnly.jpg...15:30:32 GMT+0200 (CEST): Creating support file...15:30:32 GMT+0200 (CEST):      ...Success15:30:32 GMT+0200 (CEST): Importing Product into Daz Studio.../Runtime/Support/Renderosity_128420_Lumino_Wings_for_G3F_&amp;_G8F.dsx15:30:32 GMT+0200 (CEST): Error importing product into Smart Content database15:30:32 GMT+0200 (CEST): There were errors during installation.

It says: Error importing product into Smart Content database

Do you know what might cause this error? Do you have any idea?

Thanks!!

It's the ampersand.

• Yep. Get rid of that character and everything should be OK. 

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344
    edited October 2020

As Sevrin and Rod Wise Driggo kindly said (thanks!), the ampersand can cause problems in some situations.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • Agreed. I have not have had ANY issues with Content Wizard (btw, does a better job with categorizing items in a ZIP file than DAZ does) apart from the ampersand. One of my favorite tools laugh.

• Agreed. I have not have had ANY issues with Content Wizard (btw, does a better job with categorizing items in a ZIP file than DAZ does) apart from the ampersand. One of my favorite tools laugh.

Thank you for the kind words! smiley

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,602
    edited October 2020

I'm new to this tool and have successfully created Smart Content for a few things so far. However, I'm running into an issue with a prop/scenery set from Rendo. I go through the whole process, and after analyzing, I don't see anything showing under the Smart Content tab, though it didn't throw any errors into the log and I do see stuff listed on the Table View. The Smart Content tab appears to default to "Lost and Found"

*edit* Nevermind - it appears to be there...I was able to find it under Props - Landscape - Plants. 

capture 2.JPG
    1102 x 939 - 110K
    capture 1.JPG
    1109 x 948 - 93K
    Post edited by MelissaGT on
  • I'm new to this tool and have successfully created Smart Content for a few things so far. However, I'm running into an issue with a prop/scenery set from Rendo. I go through the whole process, and after analyzing, I don't see anything showing under the Smart Content tab, though it didn't throw any errors into the log and I do see stuff listed on the Table View. The Smart Content tab appears to default to "Lost and Found"

*edit* Nevermind - it appears to be there...I was able to find it under Props - Landscape - Plants. 

Great! I am glad you found it. smiley