OT, Mornington Crescent: Round 8 :- (Tudor Court Rules)

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Psst     DCMS   stands for Dept of Culture, Media and Sport.

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025

Some research would indicate that the boffins at CERN have released an addendum to the rules (The Tube Quantum Tunneling and Interdimensional Variant) that thus allows for a move thusly:

Archway>Holborn>Arsenal>Tufnell Park>Hyde Park Corner> Hounsow Central>Archway>Monument>Archway>

Stepney Green

• Well, if you are going to go all quantum I will perform a Schodinger triple Axel and Jump to end up with

Archway>Holborn>Arsenal>Tufnell Park>Hyde Park Corner> Hounsow Central>Archway>Monument>Archway>Stepney Green

Mor

[rolls dice]

den

Oh.

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited October 2020
    Chohole said:

Ah, so not the Daz Content Mismanagement System variant that I thought.

(Edit: isn't DCMS a cover for Portdown Down ? Bacterial cultures, agar jelly media... not sure of the petri dish /sport connection )

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • Chohole said:

(Edit: isn't DCMS a cover for Portdown Down ? Bacterial cultures, agar jelly media... not sure of the petri dish /sport connection )

"Sports" can mean mutants, I think

edited October 2020

With all this quantum meddling I feel a disturbing disturbance in the Force...
    And what's worse, I've already played my TARDIS manoeuvre for this incarnation, so I'll have to try to restore some semblance of stability with...

Pimlico>Ickenham>Elm Park>Arnos Grove>Ladbroke Grove>Dagenham East>Oval>Ruislip Manor>Stepney Green>Morden>

Plaistow

Chohole said:

"Sports" can mean mutants, I think

By Jove you're right !

Well.. all this talk of SPORTS!  (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) can mean only one thing..

Pimlico>Ickenham>Elm Park>Arnos Grove>Ladbroke Grove>Dagenham East>Oval>Ruislip Manor>Stepney Green>Morden>Plaistow>

Wembley Central

• I'm not certain, but I believe I can just make the connection from

Pimlico>Ickenham>Elm Park>Arnos Grove>Ladbroke Grove>Dagenham East>Oval>Ruislip Manor>Stepney Green>Morden>Plaistow>Wembley Central>

to

Lyon Park Avenue

Point of procedure-- do both the train and the Tube qualify?  Or only one?

I'm not certain, but I believe I can just make the connection from

Pimlico>Ickenham>Elm Park>Arnos Grove>Ladbroke Grove>Dagenham East>Oval>Ruislip Manor>Stepney Green>Morden>Plaistow>Wembley Central>

to

Lyon Park Avenue

hmm   actually that is a bus station

• Chohole said:

to

Lyon Park Avenue

Oh dear!  I really must come into London more often, it seems!

edited October 2020

Chohole said:

to

Lyon Park Avenue

Calvin's Presbyterian permits nearby lanes and chapels, so I believe that a bus station is okay - provided it's been consecrated.
    And of course quantum tunneling allows post-consecration* on alternate timelines using the Mandela effect.

*Correction: I obviously meant retrospective consecration, not post-consecration. Post-consecration is of course restricted to lamp posts and mail services.

edited November 2020

I've done some research - Lyon Park Avenue appears to be a bus stop (not bus station) on the Ealing Road at the eastern end of Lyon Park Avenue, and thus well outside what's allowed by the " Charing Cross, Euston and Hampstead Railway plus nearby lanes and chapels" scope. Since bus stops can't be consecrated unless they'e adjacent to a manse then this move would appear to be invalid.

But since Eisenstock's Quantum Disuncoupling has been applied and the Tube Quantum Tunneling and Interdimensional Variant invoked that rather complicates matters. I've tried to get a grip on the bus stop rules, but every time I observe them they seem to change.

Does anybody else have a suggestion ? I'm totally flummoxed.

Ah.. the good old "Bus Rules Observer Effect".. as long as the Quantum Derivations Corrolaries are in effect, I think we can get back on track (so to speak), by using The Tube Entanglement Effect (Mrs.Trellis neighbour Alfie called it "spooky"), and entangle Lyons Park Avenue to Alperton thus enabling one to get back on route.. SO...

Pimlico>Ickenham>Elm Park>Arnos Grove>Ladbroke Grove>Dagenham East>Oval>Ruislip Manor>Stepney Green>Morden>Plaistow>Wembley Central>Lyon Park Avenue>

Alperton

• Hmm, could you use the North Circular (non) Accelerator to stabilise the rules? That might well allow your play, if so, but I think it might need a more profound analysis than I can offer to check all the possible feedbacks. We wouldn't want to remove another line from the network with our expermentation.

"We wouldn't want to remove another line from the network with our expermentation."  aka "The Beeching Option"

• hacsart said:

"We wouldn't want to remove another line from the network with our expermentation."  aka "The Beeching Option"

It would be pushing up bluebells.

The only issues I can forsee is a quantum temporal loop, where anyone hitting Alperton again gets shuffled quantumly to Lyon Park Avenue, but then back to Alperton, ad ifinitum

edited November 2020

Going back to the last move...

Who can forget the malodorous sounds of Herb Alperton & The Tooting Bec Brass playing Spanish Flea In Your Ear ! So throwing caution to the wind and with eyes tightly shut to avoid the rules changing...

Pimlico>Ickenham>Elm Park>Arnos Grove>Ladbroke Grove>Dagenham East>Oval>Ruislip Manor>Stepney Green>Morden>Plaistow>Wembley Central>Lyon Park Avenue>Alperton>

Tooting Bec

edited November 2020

Ah  yes   Tooting Bec.   He needs to toodle of up north to find a bandsatnd to tootle at.  So ...........

Pimlico>Ickenham>Elm Park>Arnos Grove>Ladbroke Grove>Dagenham East>Oval>Ruislip Manor>Stepney Green>Morden>Plaistow>Wembley Central>Lyon Park Avenue>Alperton>Tooting Bec >

Regents Park

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Chohole said:

Ah  yes   Tooting Bec.   He needs to toodle of up north to find a bandsatnd to tootle at.  So ...........

Pimlico>Ickenham>Elm Park>Arnos Grove>Ladbroke Grove>Dagenham East>Oval>Ruislip Manor>Stepney Green>Morden>Plaistow>Wembley Central>Lyon Park Avenue>Alperton>Tooting Bec > Regents Park

and if the regents' do a bad enough job of parking the results will be

King's Cross

• (Oops. Well, I just hope if someone tries for Rutherford's Formal Sequence Progression they will go to a square next after the cross.)

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited November 2020

(Oops. Well, I just hope if someone tries for Rutherford's Formal Sequence Progression they will go to a square next after the cross.)

Pimlico>Ickenham>Elm Park>Arnos Grove>Ladbroke Grove>Dagenham East>Oval>Ruislip Manor>Stepney Green>Morden>Plaistow>Wembley Central>Lyon Park Avenue>Alperton>Tooting Bec > Regents Park > King's Cross

And as the hapless Yankee tries to sort the theory of atomic history from the history of atomic theory, he (that is, I) step out of the tube again at

Oxford Circus

Though still uncertain why I was just at Saint Pancreas when there's hardly a liver in sight.

Post edited by Eustace Scrubb on
    edited November 2020

i'll go traditional on this, following the "And what do circuses mean?" line, to which the answer is, as everybody knows, "Clowns!" "Elephants!"

Pimlico>Ickenham>Elm Park>Arnos Grove>Ladbroke Grove>Dagenham East>Oval>Ruislip Manor>Stepney Green>Morden>Plaistow>Wembley Central>Lyon Park Avenue>Alperton>Tooting Bec > Regents Park > King's Cross>Oxford Circus>

Elephant And Castle

A monumental bit of logic and a monumental move... Thus:

Pimlico>Ickenham>Elm Park>Arnos Grove>Ladbroke Grove>Dagenham East>Oval>Ruislip Manor>Stepney Green>Morden>Plaistow>Wembley Central>Lyon Park Avenue>Alperton>Tooting Bec > Regents Park > King's Cross>Oxford Circus>Elephant And Castle>

Monument

edited November 2020

The normal riposte to that in the standard original classic modern rules (not to be confused with the standard original modern classic rules, original standard classic modern rules, et al) would be to play a castle, but since Elephant & Castle is defenestrated due to its being the immediately previous move I'll play

Pimlico>Ickenham>Elm Park>Arnos Grove>Ladbroke Grove>Dagenham East>Oval>Ruislip Manor>Stepney Green>Morden>Plaistow>Wembley Central>Lyon Park Avenue>Alperton>Tooting Bec > Regents Park > King's Cross>Oxford Circus>Elephant And Castle>Monument>

Barbican

Interesting aside for those who are interested in interesting asides: I noticed an interesting note in the 'Other Names' column regarding Bayswater on the Wikipedia List of London Underground stations page which noted "Bayswater (Queensway): 1946– suffix gradually dropped". This was actually done one letter per month over the year in question so, for example, on April 1st 1946 the station was officially known as "Bayswater (Queens". Or so my Little Book Of Interesting Mornington Crescent Asides tells me.

• Interesting aside for those who are interested in interesting asides: I noticed an interesting note in the 'Other Names' column regarding Bayswater on the Wikipedia List of London Underground stations page which noted "Bayswater (Queensway): 1946– suffix gradually dropped". This was actually done one letter per month over the year in question so, for example, on April 1st 1946 the station was officially known as "Bayswater (Queens". Or so my Little Book Of Interesting Mornington Crescent Asides tells me.

So was the QueensW of Bayswater Queensw anything like "Tresspassers W" which might have been short for Tresspassers William?

Pimlico>Ickenham>Elm Park>Arnos Grove>Ladbroke Grove>Dagenham East>Oval>Ruislip Manor>Stepney Green>Morden>Plaistow>Wembley Central>Lyon Park Avenue>Alperton>Tooting Bec > Regents Park > King's Cross>Oxford Circus>Elephant And Castle>Monument>Barbican>

And by the Out-Of-Station Interchange to

Farringdon

per the A Légpárnásom Tele Van Angolnákkal clause in the Lost Tourist Variant (first published in 1970, in the Bilingual 25th Episode Edition (Hungarian)).

Ey up! I''ll invoke the Lord Knaresborough's Yorkshire Variation, ba'ht delay sithee!

• Positional play in't first progression is permitted only if aboon the diagonal and following a linking snicket ginnel or owt like it.
    • Players finding themselves blocked should retire to Nidd and miss three goes.
    • Rule 8 is void.

Ah'm arf then to:
    Pimlico>Ickenham>Elm Park>Arnos Grove>Ladbroke Grove>Dagenham East>Oval>Ruislip Manor>Stepney Green>Morden>Plaistow>Wembley Central>Lyon Park Avenue>Alperton>Tooting Bec > Regents Park > King's Cross>Oxford Circus>Elephant And Castle>Monument>Barbican>Farringdon>

Archway

edited November 2020

I've got to do it   I cannot resist temptation when it's waved in front of me - especialy if it's chocolate or

Pimlico>Ickenham>Elm Park>Arnos Grove>Ladbroke Grove>Dagenham East>Oval>Ruislip Manor>Stepney Green>Morden>Plaistow>Wembley Central>Lyon Park Avenue>Alperton>Tooting Bec > Regents Park > King's Cross>Oxford Circus>Elephant And Castle>Monument>Barbican>Farringdon>Archway>

Mornington Crescent

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Absolutely brilliant, and so subtle - what an  unexpected move.

But so obvious once you see it.