The foam Peanuts are a tad too sweet and I ate too much but don't feel full Complaint Thread

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

I'm way to damn young for weather to effect me but alas it plays a major roll in my days. On a good day my back feels like its being hit with a hammer. On a bad day its like someone drove a truck over it over and over again. Latest MRI showed the degeneration getting worse and the same with the arthritis. I feel for ya. I know all to well what its like. I get very little sleep a night cause of pain and its been like that for 10 yrs now. On top of the pain and sleep apnea I'm up every 20-30 minutes. I get my CPAP machine next week so hopefully I can get a little more sleep

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...odd morning. unuable to connect though the notebook but can on the workstation. notebook diagnostics say that the connection between the modem and net is interrupted, but then I should not be able to get online from the workstation. a total pain as I cannot be working on a project and be online at the same time.

A lot of times I am on the forums here and elsewhere while waiting for a render to complete.

Reboot the notebook. Sometimes something weird happens with the connection and that fixes it for me.

Dana
    ....yeah, turned out it was due to the fact my ISP account went past due. Resolved the matter and in say 15 min should be OK again. Still odd that I have the connection here but not with my notebook.

edited December 1969

...I totally hear you on this. Spring here is so up and down weather-wise. We are currently going into our usual Rose Festival "rainy period" (and I'm feeling it).

The Rose Festival is an annual week long city wide celebration that ends with a grand floral parade (similar to the Tournament of Roses down in Pasadena). The festival used to be held in mid June, bit for some odd reason the city decided move it to start it on the Memorial Day weekend instead when the chance for wet weather is higher. Go figure?

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...odd morning. unuable to connect though the notebook but can on the workstation. notebook diagnostics say that the connection between the modem and net is interrupted, but then I should not be able to get online from the workstation. a total pain as I cannot be working on a project and be online at the same time.

A lot of times I am on the forums here and elsewhere while waiting for a render to complete.

Reboot the notebook. Sometimes something weird happens with the connection and that fixes it for me.

Dana

....yeah, turned out it was due to the fact my ISP account went past due. Resolved the matter and in say 15 min should be OK again. Still odd that I have the connection here but not with my notebook.

That is odd. I'd think either you have a connection or you don't. Maybe because it's their router and it reacts to the WiFi first?

Dana

edited December 1969

...could be. Anyway back in business again. Hard to type on the workstation keyboard as it sits off to the side on my desk (since I don't use it much save for naming files & such) so I was constantly hitting wrong keys and apologising to the service rep for all the typos.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

so I was messing around in the surfaces tab to change Julie's texture. Not sure what I did but her arms and legs look grey. Guess I'll need to start over because I couldn't find anything wrong with her surface settings. I thought the bug was related to the OpenGL display but I see the wrong tint in 3Delight.

ok, bye

bad_julie_01.jpg
    306 x 516 - 48K
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited May 2014

so I was messing around in the surfaces tab to change Julie's texture. Not sure what I did but her arms and legs look grey. Guess I'll need to start over because I couldn't find anything wrong with her surface settings. I thought the bug was related to the OpenGL display but I see the wrong tint in 3Delight.

ok, bye

Nothing different about the shader applied to arms/legs compared to the rest of her body?

Nothing different about the Diffuse Colour?

Nothing different about the assigned textures?

(I've achieved that effect before, when I mis-selected surfaces before making changes...).

Post edited by M F M on
    edited December 1969

I found what was wrong. I forgot to set the lighting model for the limbs to skin. The limbs were still set to plastic :red: Guess I'm used to using the elite skins that automatically set the fancy skin settings. lol Thanks for asking M F M.

edited May 2014

...man wish I could afford the new Grass Shader. Working on a scene for a challenge on another site that uses the Woodland Realm Playset and having to patch things together with grass props by Lisa B and P3DA's Grass One to cover up the "flattened grass" of the original ground shader. Would be so nice to just apply grass to the entire base.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

I found what was wrong. I forgot to set the lighting model for the limbs to skin. The limbs were still set to plastic :red: Guess I'm used to using the elite skins that automatically set the fancy skin settings. lol Thanks for asking M F M.

...I thought the YT5's would either have the elite shader already or even SS as they have been updated a few times.
    edited December 1969

I should download and install Julie just in case I have an old version. I should restart Daz Studio and Luxrender in case Luxus is loading the old textures by mistake. I'll be back after dinner time.

bad_julie_01.jpg
    478 x 576 - 141K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ahh lux. time for dinner, dessert, 2nd breakfast, elevensies :)

edited December 1969

Isn't brunch a second breakfast?

It seems that YT Julie.duf does not load the bump map for her torso. No wonder her chest looks weird in Luxrender. The DUF does load the other bump maps. I should file a note to customer support.

edited December 1969

i think brunch is a breakfast lunch combo.

hobbits would prolly add it to their list somewhen between 2nd breakfast and afternoon tea :lol:

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

after breakfast, but before lunch

edited December 1969

haz to start digging out some links to my freebies.

maybe seamonkey would be a intresting mom. :)
    testing the forum search engine

remember when 7200rpm was a fast hard drive?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Isn't brunch a second breakfast?

It seems that YT Julie.duf does not load the bump map for her torso. No wonder her chest looks weird in Luxrender. The DUF does load the other bump maps. I should file a note to customer support.

I checked, I have the same problem, and I always update with the DIM. You can add the bump map yourself for the time being, but we all will appreciate it if you put in a ticket.
    I never noticed the problem before because I always have rendered Julie in blouse, dresses or pants. :)
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Gold everywhere you look today, glowy bright sun like honey and rusty carpets of leaves spreading on roof and street and city tower :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Gold everywhere you look today, glowy bright sun like honey and rusty carpets of leaves spreading on roof and street and city tower :)

You should compile all your morning greetings into a book! You could call it Day by Day or something.

Dana

edited May 2014

ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:
    DanaTA said:
    Frank0314 said:
    I'm still using Office 2003. I don't like the new UI so I just stuck with the last version before they changed it.

Microsoft replaced the menus with the ribbon/tabbed interface.

Yeah, I don't really see anything so bad about that. A little adapting is all that is required. It's not so hard. If you can figure out Carrara or C4D this isn't so difficult. I'll admit I get frustrated when I can't find something I knew was there, but I eventually find it...then I know where it is.

Dana

It can be frustrating indeed, especially after you've had so long to get used to one way of doing things. Though I look at it like this: "As long as it doesn't radically change EVERY version, then it's not that bad" :P

Oh you mean like Final Cut? :lol: I'm using it but...
    http://www.petitiononline.com/finalcut/petition.html

ETA Temporary end of static void Thread.spam()

the petition is from 2012. how did it work out?

Hasn't. Complaining is loud and ongoing :lol: Depends on your background, videotape editors are notoriously grumpy and change averse but film editors are having to cope with digital cinema (DSP) packaging, workflow has changed radically anyhow :)

Droopy lip doesn't sound good Misty, go see someone about it?

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Random Complaint:

Day six of what appears to be at least eight, maybe more, of weather front sitting on me. Small changes only but nothing big enough to change the weather at all in all that time. Why is that a complaint you wonder? Because for the last six days now my pain index has been pushed to level 10 and has stayed there. Med's for pain? Yep, nothing touches it, sleep? You try to get rest with a full body tooth ache on max and see just how well it works out. My mental state has gone from endure to OMG Please stop, to snap at everything all the way back to endure again.

Moral of Post: I was so wrong thinking older people were nuts for saying the weather made them hurt when I was young. They knew fully of what they spoke, I as a healthy young whipper snapper laughed it off. I'm not laughing now.

Awful to think of you in so much pain, there is nothing that relieves it?

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I'm way to damn young for weather to effect me but alas it plays a major roll in my days. On a good day my back feels like its being hit with a hammer. On a bad day its like someone drove a truck over it over and over again. Latest MRI showed the degeneration getting worse and the same with the arthritis. I feel for ya. I know all to well what its like. I get very little sleep a night cause of pain and its been like that for 10 yrs now. On top of the pain and sleep apnea I'm up every 20-30 minutes. I get my CPAP machine next week so hopefully I can get a little more sleep

Hoping that works out for you :)

edited May 2014

it's saturdaaayy night, nnn i got yoo babe :) ayyye got yoo babe :) :)

fireworks outside already. is it july4th coming so fast?

untitled1.png
    703 x 183 - 315K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

You should compile all your morning greetings into a book! You could call it Day by Day or something.

Dana

glowy stuff!

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:
    DanaTA said:
    Frank0314 said:
    I'm still using Office 2003. I don't like the new UI so I just stuck with the last version before they changed it.

Yeah, I don't really see anything so bad about that. A little adapting is all that is required. It's not so hard. If you can figure out Carrara or C4D this isn't so difficult. I'll admit I get frustrated when I can't find something I knew was there, but I eventually find it...then I know where it is.

Dana

It can be frustrating indeed, especially after you've had so long to get used to one way of doing things. Though I look at it like this: "As long as it doesn't radically change EVERY version, then it's not that bad" :P

Hasn't. Complaining is loud and ongoing :lol: Depends on your background, videotape editors are notoriously grumpy and change averse but film editors are having to cope with digital cinema (DSP) packaging, workflow has changed radically anyhow :)

maybe, i have a lottery ticket for tnite. :)

iz a weird feeling trying to eat, my lip ends up caught between my teeth and my corn bread. >.<</p>

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Jaderail said:
    Random Complaint:

Day six of what appears to be at least eight, maybe more, of weather front sitting on me. Small changes only but nothing big enough to change the weather at all in all that time. Why is that a complaint you wonder? Because for the last six days now my pain index has been pushed to level 10 and has stayed there. Med's for pain? Yep, nothing touches it, sleep? You try to get rest with a full body tooth ache on max and see just how well it works out. My mental state has gone from endure to OMG Please stop, to snap at everything all the way back to endure again.

Moral of Post: I was so wrong thinking older people were nuts for saying the weather made them hurt when I was young. They knew fully of what they spoke, I as a healthy young whipper snapper laughed it off. I'm not laughing now.

Awful to think of you in so much pain, there is nothing that relieves it?They being medical types are trying to push the new very addictive heavy pain medications on me. To be honest after this week I may stop saying no. I have done okay until now on the not so hard stuff, I'm just worried over my mind. If the new stuff gets me to la la land I will lose the last thing I really have left. My one brain cell.

Yes folks pretty sure I've been doing all this on just one. If I have two brain cells some of my boo boo's are just unforgivable.

edited May 2014

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:
    DanaTA said:
    Frank0314 said:

Dana

maybe, i have a lottery ticket for tnite. :)

iz a weird feeling trying to eat, my lip ends up caught between my teeth and my corn bread. >.<</div>

You should get checked out fast, that sounds very wrong!

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on
    edited December 1969

Please look out for yourself Misty :)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    ps1borg said:
    Jaderail said:
    Random Complaint:

Awful to think of you in so much pain, there is nothing that relieves it?

They being medical types are trying to push the new very addictive heavy pain medications on me. To be honest after this week I may stop saying no. I have done okay until now on the not so hard stuff, I'm just worried over my mind. If the new stuff gets me to la la land I will lose the last thing I really have left. My one brain cell.

Yes folks pretty sure I've been doing all this on just one. If I have two brain cells some of my boo boo's are just unforgivable.
    ...several of the prescription Arthur meds have some really nasty side effects that make just going on and dealing with the stiffness and pain preferable.
  • 1gecko1gecko Posts: 307
    edited December 1969

hey all! Thank you for the warm hellos! =D

[soapbox]Change *can* be good... change for change sake is both bad and stupid. Change that requires 'relearning' on a memorized task (unless a functional *NECESSITY* is worse than stupid, it is destructive. Devs need to realize software is a *tool* - period. No debate - for the user, it is a tool, not the goal. Devs must learn to use the tool so they can know how it is supposed to function and any changes should *support* that function and not just change it... and the skills/steps to using the tool should not change; that only hurts the user. And since the user is also your customer, hurt them enough and they *will* find someone that won't keep abusing them (or their ability to produce will decline and everyone suffers). Changing short-cut keys (with the exception of OS required changes) is not change or improvement, it is laziness and sloppiness on the part of the programmers. [/soapbox]

Jaderail said:
    Random Complaint:

Heh... me either! Or rather, I am (laughing), but only grimly and at myself! This and the "... you're going to regret that when you get older!" are certainly two of the big bowls of crow I am faced with almost daily! Things hurt I wasn't even aware *could* hurt... much less that the hurt would be this bothersome.

Oh, and kidney stones! Kidney stones are proof that demons exist and are present here to torment us - how else can one rationally explain a coarse, stone sand-spur 'forming' *inside* your body and then taking a 'tour' through some of your most sensitive areas/nerve clusters as it slowly rips its way out? Though, admittedly I am 'lucky' in this respect and mine are 'genetic' in cause rather than a symptom of some more dire problem (which is good, since those problems that can cause them are pretty nasty and this is basically harmless in all but the extreme pain and discomfort).

This discussion has been closed.