The foam Peanuts are a tad too sweet and I ate too much but don't feel full Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited May 2014

the time of the dragon has come againnnnnnn :lol:

wuh ohs big thunders lightnings, wifi is flaking.

watching some lexx tnite. kai undead chiq

elliot.jpg
    300 x 187 - 13K
    Post edited by Mistara on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Cool!

Dana

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I'm still using Office 2003. I don't like the new UI so I just stuck with the last version before they changed it.

Microsoft replaced the menus with the ribbon/tabbed interface.

ms_word.jpg
    633 x 299 - 56K
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Pale wintery sun not doing much to warm the day up so far :)

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I'm still using Office 2003. I don't like the new UI so I just stuck with the last version before they changed it.

Yeah, I don't really see anything so bad about that. A little adapting is all that is required. It's not so hard. If you can figure out Carrara or C4D this isn't so difficult. I'll admit I get frustrated when I can't find something I knew was there, but I eventually find it...then I know where it is.

Dana

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Frank0314 said:

Yeah, I don't really see anything so bad about that. A little adapting is all that is required. It's not so hard. If you can figure out Carrara or C4D this isn't so difficult. I'll admit I get frustrated when I can't find something I knew was there, but I eventually find it...then I know where it is.

Dana

It can be frustrating indeed, especially after you've had so long to get used to one way of doing things. Though I look at it like this: "As long as it doesn't radically change EVERY version, then it's not that bad" :P

edited December 1969

A change that does not result in an improvement is an unnecessary waste of time and resources.
    Also known as "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    A change that does not result in an improvement is an unnecessary waste of time and resources.

I actually think it is an improvement for the most part. A lot of things are under categories this way, and are easier to find than they might have been before.

Constant change is here to stay.

Dana

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited May 2014

I really should save my own light presets so that I don't need to recreate them every time I start a new scene in Poser 9.

edit: forgot to mention which software program that I am using.

poser_9.jpg
    308 x 266 - 23K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited May 2014

DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:

I actually think it is an improvement for the most part. A lot of things are under categories this way, and are easier to find than they might have been before.

Constant change is here to stay.

Dana
    I stand by my original statement. I did not mean all change was bad, only unnecessary change.
    My 30+ years of experience in manufacturing demonstrated to me that most changes are initiated by clueless individuals who have authority but no clear goals to drive those changes.

True improvement is always desirable. Unfortunately too many people at the top of the business world are incompetent in making this happen.

And you are correct in that technology will continue to advance (in spite of some very stupid leadership :lol: )

Post edited by TJohn on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Frank0314 said:

Dana
    ...when you're in a "high production" environment and very used to where everything is in the older version it is a total pain n the bum. As I mentioned I had to use the mouse a lot more with this UI than with the old one and it really slowed me down. Anytime that the hands have to leave the keyboard in a text or data entry oriented application, it is time lost. If they didn't screw up the hotkeys like they did, then I wouldn't have to deal with the UI. A decade and a half of old reflex habits is extremely difficult to break particularly when you are under the gun, trust me.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

...+1
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

And you are correct in that technology will continue to advance (in spite of some very stupid leadership :lol: )

Quite often because of it! :smirk:

Dana

edited December 1969
    likes.png
    100 x 100 - 6K
    edited December 1969

3 day weekend to render :)
    there's the rrrr challenge
    the freebie challenge
    lyrics challenge is still going
    wanna spend some quality time with Tyler.

long rainy weekend. 1 day carrara, 1/2 day poser, 1 1/2 day ds. playing with lux would kill my whole render weekend.
    and with all those renders rendering, i can proofread more chapters on my lil wxp netbook.

got to keep my mind off the treats i can't eat. knows it's supposed to be eat to live, but i live to eat pie and drink pina colladas.

godiva pron. swoon

well - inventory isn't gonna count isself.

Had to get away from compy's the past two days, lazing in the wintery sun and eating oozy sweet pineapple chunks all day did me good :lol:

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    M F M said:
    Hey 'gecko (^_^)n... eez de leezard \(^.^)/

I think my boyfriend wants to break up with me.

What gave you the clue?

He thinks that I am not doing my part in the relationship. The problem is that we live so far apart. I am in Raleigh and he is in Richmond. I am trying but what I tend to do is give small things and small things are too expensive to ship

A relationship is more than giving gifts. If that's all he's concerned about, maybe you should let it go. Long distance things rarely work out well. There needs to be a little more for it to survive, and it sounds too shallow to survive.

Dana

I am thinking I have to forget about him as he is bad news.

Take care of yourself Kulay :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    All work no play make dull 'borg :lol: Iz grey and rainy here today but still quite warm this close to winter. My inbox is full of meetings, wish it was full of stars instead. Sitting under our old pear tree, there is a mob of Mynah birds strutting around, they don't hop like other birds, more like chickens scratching insects up from amongst the gold brown leaf litter. The sun is out, perhaps there will be a rainbow :)

eta meh no rainbow. That is my complaint nao :lol:

cuppa tea?

or rainbow snow cone ? :)

One of the networks here has sacked a lot of people, so far as I can tell from all the futz in my mailbox. So maybe I should ponder on how lucky I am. World is complicated, haz big tired nao, don' want to think about work for a while. Is that wrong? :lol:

nope. sounds like you paid your dues this year, my friend :)

Yes the treadmill seems to keep going round whether I'm on it or not :lol:

edited May 2014

Rezca said:
    DanaTA said:
    Frank0314 said:

Dana

It can be frustrating indeed, especially after you've had so long to get used to one way of doing things. Though I look at it like this: "As long as it doesn't radically change EVERY version, then it's not that bad" :P

Oh you mean like Final Cut? :lol: I'm using it but...
    http://www.petitiononline.com/finalcut/petition.html

ETA Temporary end of static void Thread.spam()

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    All work no play make dull 'borg :lol: Iz grey and rainy here today but still quite warm this close to winter. My inbox is full of meetings, wish it was full of stars instead. Sitting under our old pear tree, there is a mob of Mynah birds strutting around, they don't hop like other birds, more like chickens scratching insects up from amongst the gold brown leaf litter. The sun is out, perhaps there will be a rainbow :)

eta meh no rainbow. That is my complaint nao :lol:

cuppa tea?

or rainbow snow cone ? :)

One of the networks here has sacked a lot of people, so far as I can tell from all the futz in my mailbox. So maybe I should ponder on how lucky I am. World is complicated, haz big tired nao, don' want to think about work for a while. Is that wrong? :lol:

nope. sounds like you paid your dues this year, my friend :)

Yes the treadmill seems to keep going round whether I'm on it or not :lol:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dD9_9giZm4

edited May 2014

Good Morning. :)

rainy day today :roll:

i really miss the old forum emotes. :heartflower:

hmm, seem to have a new ailment this morning. eating a piece of cornbread for breakie, right half of my lower lip won't move out of the way. lost a lil muscle control there.

found this depiction of eddie. brings back memories

:lol:

lol.jpg
    267 x 397 - 49K
    eddiev.jpg
    300 x 225 - 14K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:
    DanaTA said:
    Frank0314 said:

Dana

Oh you mean like Final Cut? :lol: I'm using it but...
    http://www.petitiononline.com/finalcut/petition.html

ETA Temporary end of static void Thread.spam()

the petition is from 2012. how did it work out?

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Delightful, tjohn. Where did you get that rocking chair? I need 2--one for the computer and one for me.:-)

edited December 1969

hmm, seem to have a new ailment this morning. eating a piece of cornbread for breakie, right half of my lower lip won't move out of the way. lost a lil muscle control there.

This has been another episode of Short Attention Span Theatre. :lol:
    You know, I was just thinking - squirrel!
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

Delightful, tjohn. Where did you get that rocking chair? I need 2--one for the computer and one for me.:-)
    SAMS3D Freebies at Rendo

More SAMS3D Freebies here.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

This has been another episode of Short Attention Span Theatre. :lol:
    You know, I was just thinking - squirrel!

should be squirrel younguns any day now. :)

i put out some trail mix for the chipmunks and squirrels, but the bluejay carried it off piece by piece.

humid is going up, can't really see the screen outside, sky is too bright. time to go inside. to the misty cave :lol:

edited May 2014

...odd morning. unuable to connect though the notebook but can on the workstation. notebook diagnostics say that the connection between the modem and net is interrupted, but then I should not be able to get online from the workstation. a total pain as I cannot be working on a project and be online at the same time.

A lot of times I am on the forums here and elsewhere while waiting for a render to complete.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...odd morning. unuable to connect though the notebook but can on the workstation. notebook diagnostics say that the connection between the modem and net is interrupted, but then I should not be able to get online from the workstation. a total pain as I cannot be working on a project and be online at the same time.

A lot of times I am on the forums here and elsewhere while waiting for a render to complete.

Reboot the notebook. Sometimes something weird happens with the connection and that fixes it for me.

Dana

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Random Complaint:

Day six of what appears to be at least eight, maybe more, of weather front sitting on me. Small changes only but nothing big enough to change the weather at all in all that time. Why is that a complaint you wonder? Because for the last six days now my pain index has been pushed to level 10 and has stayed there. Med's for pain? Yep, nothing touches it, sleep? You try to get rest with a full body tooth ache on max and see just how well it works out. My mental state has gone from endure to OMG Please stop, to snap at everything all the way back to endure again.

Moral of Post: I was so wrong thinking older people were nuts for saying the weather made them hurt when I was young. They knew fully of what they spoke, I as a healthy young whipper snapper laughed it off. I'm not laughing now.

This discussion has been closed.