How Many Pages in Your Product Library?

Comments

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556
    edited October 2020

131 pages...

10 wishlist items left (August new releases) !!!

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • ZiconZicon Posts: 171

14 pages. I'm practically scrooge.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775

172, some of which contain products I have absolutely no memory of buying nor the foggiest idea why. blushblushblush

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    Byrdie said:

172, some of which contain products I have absolutely no memory of buying nor the foggiest idea why. blushblushblush

I especially don't like the "why?"...

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,027

too many

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775

@Taoz  Well, there had to have been a reason at the time, obviously. A couple were in bundles that other stuff in them I did want/need. As for the rest of my "mystery purchases", the only explanation I can think of is that I must have had plans for renders at the time but lost the inspiration, moved on to other projects, got distracted by whatever, etc. and then just forgot all about them. Easy to do when you've got 15 years or so of 3D purchases and freebies from all over stuffed into way too many runtimes & content folders. :sigh: I keep telling myself one of these days I'm gonna get better organized but ...indecision

• Only 41, but I do have over 1000 items on the wish list.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    Byrdie said:

@Taoz  Well, there had to have been a reason at the time, obviously. A couple were in bundles that other stuff in them I did want/need. As for the rest of my "mystery purchases", the only explanation I can think of is that I must have had plans for renders at the time but lost the inspiration, moved on to other projects, got distracted by whatever, etc. and then just forgot all about them. Easy to do when you've got 15 years or so of 3D purchases and freebies from all over stuffed into way too many runtimes & content folders. :sigh: I keep telling myself one of these days I'm gonna get better organized but ...indecision

@Byrdie  Well I was more thinking about myself, I often come across something in my library where I think "why on earth did I buy that?".  Often though it has to do with the quality of older stuff, when I compare it to what you can get today I just think some things look terrible and that I'll never use them anyway.  But when I purchased them I guess I must have thought they looked great, and they probably were the best you could get back then.  Today the quality of most things I buy is so great though that it can't be improved much, so it's a bit different now.  That said, supporting the PAs by buying all that old stuff has helped them stay in business and improve their skills so they now can provide products of a much better quality.  smiley

• hjakehjake Posts: 812
    edited October 2020

Oldest thing on my list  DAZ Studio 2.3.3.146 (Oct 29 2007)

Post edited by hjake on
  • Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588

My oldest item in my product library is free Bryce 5.0 (August 26, 2003).  

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,755
    edited January 2021
    Byrdie said:

A lot of the weirdest stuff came as weekly freebies.  DAZ has totally strange tastes when it comes to what they pick for free items and as a result I've got a bunch of products that, while technically well made, I rather doubt I will ever have a use for.  But, since I do a lot of kitbashing, I'll rarely pass on a freebie because you knever know...

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • edited October 2020
    99 pages of outstanding 3D purchases and freebies. Oldest was Daz Studio 2 in 2005. It wasn't till Daz gave the Daz Studio Pro 4 version for free that I started buying up all the assets I wanted for production. Wishlist is empty.
    Post edited by Barefoot Upto My Soul on
  • chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

218 Pages since 2007. I dont use studio much Just Carrara.

• DandeneDandene Posts: 162

Last September I was up to 26.  Now I'm up to 48.  I've become very picky about what I buy.  My funding has been cut way down this year.  :(

• 184. Oldest item still on the list = Victoria 4.2 base - 2008

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556
    edited November 2020

137 pages... 140 pages

1 wishlist item left (Fluidos II) !!!

Post edited by Noah LGP on
    edited January 2021

Well, it was bound to happen eventually... 700 pages

Screenshot Daz 3D 700.jpg
    666 x 1610 - 103K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,791

surprise

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,112
    edited January 2021

When I first posted in this thread, back in July 2019, I was at eleven. Let me see where I'm at now...

I see.

prodlib.PNG
    557 x 85 - 3K
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • evacynevacyn Posts: 958

I quietly made it to 218 over the Christmas holidays. Resolution for this year is to make use of at least 2% (up from 1% last year).

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

10 years of aquisition.  ferengi rules. smiley

218.JPG
    364 x 343 - 25K
  • Well, coming a long way. So I myself will try to cut down a bit. This year will be more on trying out all that stuff and learning a bit more on how to use it. Specially with regards to characters until DAZ will figure out a way to dynamially enabling/disabling morphs without impacting figure load times.

Guess if I'm able to cut spendngs in half or more I might have money for the hell of a render rig ;-)

long_way.jpg
    548 x 306 - 84K
  • ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,506

Cybersox said:

How did you get a small page count? My pages look like this, so does page count really matter?
    Pages.JPG
    369 x 1329 - 98K

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Well, coming a long way. So I myself will try to cut down a bit. This year will be more on trying out all that stuff and learning a bit more on how to use it. Specially with regards to characters until DAZ will figure out a way to dynamially enabling/disabling morphs without impacting figure load times.

Guess if I'm able to cut spendngs in half or more I might have money for the hell of a render rig ;-)

Truth is I've had 138ish in store credit but can't seem to spend it. Something NEW and enticing, not recycled own most of it, needs to happen.
    edited January 2021

ArtAngel said:

Cybersox said:

How did you get a small page count? My pages look like this, so does page count really matter?

I didn't.  I just reverse the default print order so that new purchases are last and page 700 is still only partially full.  The other 699 are all the standard 40 items.

Daz 3D 700 long.jpg
    682 x 2644 - 213K

Cybersox said:

ArtAngel said:

Cybersox said:

I didn't.  I just reverse the default print order so that new purchases are last and page 700 is still only partially full. 

So . . . maybe . . . watching hoarder shows would help (big giant grin)

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385

Gordig said:

When I first posted in this thread, back in July 2019, I was at eleven. Let me see where I'm at now...

I see.

110 pages cool 

• 138, So I guess Im mid ranged. :)

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,308
    edited January 2021

Cybersox said:

My library pales by comparison. I only have a meger 521 pages 

product library.jpg
    447 x 907 - 75K
    Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Charlie Judge said:

Cybersox said:

My library pales by comparison. I only have a meger 521 pages 

I'm thankful I joined a decade later than you folks! Putting on the breaks lol