UltraScenery [Commercial]

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,040

Another UltraScenery render. I used the Catalyzer Red Fox and I created some Strand Based Hair for the cow.

Disturbed Sleep

2020-09-11 15:59:45.495 Total Rendering Time: 16 minutes 23.64 seconds

Click on image for full size.

2020-09-11 20:12:58.321 Total Rendering Time: 20 minutes 34.37 seconds

2020-09-12 07:52:55.206 Total Rendering Time: 22 minutes 7.66 seconds

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    ragtatter said:

Continuing to play with the willow ecology. One thing that strikes me as a bit odd about the leafless ecologies is that even though all the trees are bare, the grass is still very bright and vibrant. I'd love some versons with yellow, dormant grass. Or even better, snow!

In this part of the world (temperate maritime climate), grass only ever browns off in high summer. Rest of the year it's a good strong green. I've certainly never seen yellowed grass in winter... (well, leave a tarp on it for a week or two, maybe). So bare trees and green grass is spot on from my experience. Of course, other parts of the world may differ.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    ragtatter said:

Continuing to play with the willow ecology. One thing that strikes me as a bit odd about the leafless ecologies is that even though all the trees are bare, the grass is still very bright and vibrant. I'd love some versons with yellow, dormant grass. Or even better, snow!

In this part of the world (temperate maritime climate), grass only ever browns off in high summer. Rest of the year it's a good strong green. I've certainly never seen yellowed grass in winter... (well, leave a tarp on it for a week or two, maybe). So bare trees and green grass is spot on from my experience. Of course, other parts of the world may differ.

Here in Pennsylvania, US in the winter, it's a mix of green and brown....more green though if there's snow on the ground for a lot of the winter ;).

Laurie

1688217733456819834.jpg
    1440 x 1920 - 850K
  • HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 582
    edited September 2020

Wrapping up this collection of plants and ecologies right now.

popup_01.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    popup_04.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    popup_08.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • Awesome!!

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Hopefully not too soon, my creditcard doesn't reset until Sunday!

• Oh. My. Goodness.

That is incredible Howie.

Regards,

Richard

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    Nath said:

Hopefully not too soon, my credit card doesn't reset until Sunday!

Wait, they have a reset?

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300
    edited September 2020
    3dOutlaw said:
    Nath said:

Wait, they have a reset?

Didn't work.

Post edited by Sevrin on
  • Wrapping up this collection of plants and ecologies right now.

Really like the realism of neutral grey tones on the bark.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    Sevrin said:
    3dOutlaw said:
    Nath said:

Wait, they have a reset?

Didn't work.

It's not Sunday yet.

Anyway, while the card goes back to zero, the bank still takes the previous month's high score out of my current accou^^^ wait, what? It's not a game, you're not supposed to try to get a higher number each month? What's the fun in that?

• Finally had a chance to get back into the swing of things. Which meant a chance to try out the new feaures.

Another render using UltraScenery.

Through the Pine Woods

2020-09-15 14:38:23.444 Total Rendering Time: 33 minutes 19.4 seconds

2020-09-15 10:58:49.435 Total Rendering Time: 18 minutes 57.89 seconds

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,024
    edited September 2020

Just did a render using island 2 - forgot to uncheck  "extend forest" - got trees in my water! smiley

Post edited by hacsart on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    hacsart said:

Just did a render using island 2 - forgot to uncheck  "extend forest" - got trees in my water! smiley

You can just to to the Scene pane and find the BG layers and hide them with the eye icon. The layers with BG in the name are the extended forest.

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,024

Thnkas, figured that, but just found it amusing..

• Martin J Frost has another set out, which is currently free to platinum club members. 

https://www.daz3d.com/japanese-aralia--tropical-shrubs-and-foliage

Cheers,

Alex.

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

In the experiments thread, Stonemason's Willowcreek set was mentioned. I haven't brought Willowcreek's assets into USC though, but this little gem was one of the few I'm able to use the Instances to Objects script & export. Just a paltry 1.2 Gb in geom & maps when all was said & done...

I work primarily in Lightwave and USC has been my Waterloo if you will.  Mr. Howie is doing some seriously wonderful Black Magic with Instancing & Proxies in Daz.

I was hoping to render out layers from DS & combine that with animated assets from LW via compositing, but so far just not practical.  Much, much easier to simply have everything in one scene.  All them pesky interactive shadows 'n such.

What I'm wanting to do is use USC scenes in animatation.  I've developed a workflow in LW where I can animate LAMH figures after they're furred.  Had a 3rd party developer actually write some tools for me unsolicited that made it possible. This is just not something do-able currently in DS, at least in a practical sense. I'm told you'd have to create a new figure for every frame. And these critters really do need a proper environment.

But if there were some means (nudge, nudge; wink, wink) of getting the mapping info that USC is using to generate things (pretty sure it's a procedural thing via the UI) as an exportable image, that I could use for weight mapping, I could then use LW's instancing system, as the primary object geom does get exported.  I'm able to instance those items now; just don't have the info to limit where they go.

Here's what I'm talking about. Been calling this one "Ah, here comes Lunch!" This is with Willowcreek of course and HiveWire's BigCat Cougar.

Frm050.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Frm110.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Frm250.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Frm320.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,409

I finally managed to get my own "Deer plus Landscape" done, my computer corrupted my first one before I could render it.  So here's a nice autumn piece using oaks and elms, if I remember correctly.

Autumn Meeting.jpg
    2430 x 1502 - 8M
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

Oh, I am happy I checked here tonight. @Faeofthe3rdDimension, that is a lovely peaceful image. And one that if I lived a bit closer to western Denver or the 'burbs' I might see out my window. 

Thank you,

Mary

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,409

Oh, I am happy I checked here tonight. @Faeofthe3rdDimension, that is a lovely peaceful image. And one that if I lived a bit closer to western Denver or the 'burbs' I might see out my window. 

Thank you,

Mary

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! ^_^

• Vagabond ElfVagabond Elf Posts: 57
    edited October 2020
    Jerife said:

In Central Alberta, we get yellow grass in August, when it's mostly not raining and pushing +30; in October, when the highs are around +10 and the lows around -1 and the days are down to about 10 hours long; and in March-April, as the snow starts to melt.  In August the leaves are green, in October they're gold and falling off, and March they haven't grown back yet.  Which is a long way of saying that I too find bare trees and green grass weird, although that's changing as the climate warms up.

I finally finished this picture.  Nothing fancy with the US, and it's from before I got much ofr add-ons, but man, is this product easy and fun straight out of the box!

TYEs.png
    1800 x 1012 - 3M
    Post edited by Vagabond Elf on
    Doc Acme said:

In the experiments thread, Stonemason's Willowcreek set was mentioned. I haven't brought Willowcreek's assets into USC though, but this little gem was one of the few I'm able to use the Instances to Objects script & export. Just a paltry 1.2 Gb in geom & maps when all was said & done...

I work primarily in Lightwave and USC has been my Waterloo if you will.  Mr. Howie is doing some seriously wonderful Black Magic with Instancing & Proxies in Daz.

I was hoping to render out layers from DS & combine that with animated assets from LW via compositing, but so far just not practical.  Much, much easier to simply have everything in one scene.  All them pesky interactive shadows 'n such.

What I'm wanting to do is use USC scenes in animatation.  I've developed a workflow in LW where I can animate LAMH figures after they're furred.  Had a 3rd party developer actually write some tools for me unsolicited that made it possible. This is just not something do-able currently in DS, at least in a practical sense. I'm told you'd have to create a new figure for every frame. And these critters really do need a proper environment.

But if there were some means (nudge, nudge; wink, wink) of getting the mapping info that USC is using to generate things (pretty sure it's a procedural thing via the UI) as an exportable image, that I could use for weight mapping, I could then use LW's instancing system, as the primary object geom does get exported.  I'm able to instance those items now; just don't have the info to limit where they go.

Here's what I'm talking about. Been calling this one "Ah, here comes Lunch!" This is with Willowcreek of course and HiveWire's BigCat Cougar.

The mask image maps that UltraScenery uses for the features, to keep plants off of the path or out of the river, etc., can be found in the Runtime\Textures\HowieFarkes\UltraScenery\Features folder. The scattering within those mapped areas is often done procedually with noise algorithms. You could probably use those mask images in your program of choice.

edited October 2020

I bought the Swampbeast in the $1.99 PC+ for a day category yesterday. Here he is in an UltraScenery setting with the swamp water and some added plants. I added a wet drops geoshell to him and added dripping/splashing water later with Ron's brushes.

Swampbeast PS.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • This is an image I've been working towards for a while. It's probably partly inspired by a recent re-reading of Jean M Auel's 'Clan of the Cave Bear', but due to the use of a bow, it's set in the post glacial period around 8000 years ago. Our hunter going out in the early morning mist to get a Moose for her family group. Due to the lack of cover she has to seem as inconspicuous as possible and use the bow horizontally so as not to frighten the prey and loose the arrow from a greater range than she'd like.

US is stupendous, it really is. 

Regards,

Richard

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

In Central Alberta, we get yellow grass in August, when it's mostly not raining and pushing +30; in October, when the highs are around +10 and the lows around -1 and the days are down to about 10 hours long; and in March-April, as the snow starts to melt.  In August the leaves are green, in October they're gold and falling off, and March they haven't grown back yet.  Which is a long way of saying that I too find bare trees and green grass weird, although that's changing as the climate warms up.

We don't generally get snow till late January, and if it last till tea time, that's exceptional: normally it's gone by lunch! Snow that lasts several days happens maybe once every 5+ years. Which is a roundabout way of saying I'll put bare & brown in future sets.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684
    edited October 2020

And then there was a blizzard that hit East Suffolk when my son and I were stationed there in Nov/Dec 1986 (and I had walking pneumonia) and snow was packed over 10 feet high and back roads went down to one lane. At least I wasn't still living in a Quanset Hut from WWII that was transit quarters for families on base. I lived in Framlingham for a year. Loved the town and the people. 

Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • hacsart said:

Thnkas, figured that, but just found it amusing..

I've had mine floating in the air if I get the camera at the wrong angle.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

One of those images that should have rendered over night.  Even at 10000 iterations it was still  grainy.  I ran it through the Intel Denoiser to clear it up. Kitbashed some of the Albert Mansion props for this. See gallery image for full list of products used.

Panda Family

2020-09-17 06:46:09.358 Total Rendering Time: 5 minutes 49.1 seconds

I followed @barbult process and used bamboo plants to populate the scene.

This discussion has been closed.