D-Former- Morph Slider Doesn't Appear After Creating Morph**Solved By ben98120000**

NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
edited August 2014 in The Commons

When I create a D-former, all goes well until I spawn the morph. I create the root control parameter, delete d-formers, apply spawned morph (in other words, checkmark the three boxes) then click Spawn Morph, name it, popup comes up and I select "yes to all" like I'm supposed to for deleting nodes.

But no Morphs category appears over in Parameters (like in the video I'm watching.) There's no slider anywhere. Nothing under Actor, General, nowhere. I do have the figure selected, so that's not it. Where does this slider appear so I can finish up and save it?

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

In the video I watched, the word "Morphs" was present in Parameters even BEFORE they created the new one. I am using the basic Genesis figure, and am assuming I can save my created morphs on that blank figure. Or is that the problem?

edited December 1969

Tried and tried for the past four hours- no luck. I started from scratch, step by step- morphs does not show up in parameters. So you d-former folks, what are your suggestions?

• sfaa69sfaa69 Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

I have no clue why you do not have morphs under your parameters tab. But when I do a D-form morph, I always select the root node(Genesis in this case) and spawn morph BEFORE deleting or changing the D-former components. Once I have the morph named, then I delete the D-former components.

edited December 1969

Correct- I have Genesis selected then try to spawn the morph. Everything seems to go through (aka it disappears over in the scene tab) but nothing is generated. However, there is no morph tab even before I start it. I tried doing a save as support asset but it didn't take. Folder is empty.

edited December 1969

I'm researching and only came up with these threads:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/34913/
    no solution or final answer.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/20885/
    This is what I did with the support asset saving, and it didn't generate anything.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

I've never checkmark any of those boxes.. I just click the spawn morph button and give it a name and it all works.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited May 2014

This is not all that hard but I'll not go into the Morph Asset part and how to set all that up. It is a very BIG Topic.
    But here follow this..

EDIT: Just the create Root controller is needed, but you should check it to have a fully functioning controller to edit for Proper Asset conversion.

Capture-005.PNG
    447 x 431 - 47K
    Capture-004.PNG
    460 x 546 - 48K
    Capture-003.PNG
    692 x 442 - 66K
    Capture-002.png
    597 x 314 - 50K
    Capture-001.png
    695 x 633 - 108K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Let me ask you this as others may have the same question-
    Is "Morphs" supposed to appear when Genesis (blank figure, nothing done to it) supposed to appear over in Parameters? I don't have it.

This was the video I was using BTW, very good one! They selected "yes to all." Let me go try your way with only "yes" Otherwise, everything you did was what I did. I had Genesis selected (if that's what you meant by base)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Srsy-iDzQw#t=36

Back in a few minutes. Thanks for the help, we'll see if it works.

edited December 1969

I'm doing the exact same thing (which I had done before, btw) but here's the screenshots showing no "Morphs" in Parameters (I even went to the menu and did "show hidden.") and what I did. Genesis has always been selected..the only thing different is I went with "yes" instead of "yes to all."

The last shot, that Dform and the slider, are there PRIOR to creating the spawn. Nothing changed.

And still nothing spawned.

dform3.jpg
    1082 x 1066 - 90K
    dform2.jpg
    1166 x 1500 - 175K
    dform.jpg
    1076 x 1800 - 206K
    edited December 1969

I just watched it they Clearly say click just YES not YES to All.

edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    I've never checkmark any of those boxes.. I just click the spawn morph button and give it a name and it all works.

I'm going to try this now.

edited December 1969

The morph will ONLY show and create if ONE the Genesis Base is selected at all times, I have no clue why you opened parameters and selected General, I never selected any then at all except in the Scene Tab until After the morph was spawned. And just as the Tut shows my Morph ends up in the Morph channel for the full BASE figure, NOT in any sub folder.

Your trying to do more than needed and that does not work.

edited May 2014

Jaderail said:
    I just watched it they Clearly say click just YES not YES to All.

You're kinda right. :) He SAYS "Yes" but clicks the first button, "Yes To All." It's 7:45 in the video.
    But I tried both and neither worked anyway.

I think this is all related to me not having "Morphs" when Genesis loads? What do you think?

dform4.jpg
    814 x 783 - 60K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail, I understand what you're saying, thanks for trying to clarify. However, the "General" was a screenshot AFTER I tried spawning the morph to show that there is no "Morphs" in the Parameters tab.

The first screenshot shows that Genesis was selected. That's when I tried to spawn the morph. Sorry these screenshots are confusing but that's the way the forum loaded it, nothing I can do about it. (And I've stated three times that Genesis is selected when I try spawning the morph. Don't know what else to do.)

In the video, they have "Morph" as one of the options over in Parameters even BEFORE they spawn the morph, and I don't have that, so how can it appear somewhere that doesn't exist?!!

I'm closing the studio and trying it again. Again, thanks for your help- but the main problem is I don't have a "Morphs" that everyone else seems to have :(

edited December 1969

Started from scratch, loaded Genesis, no "Morphs" in Parameters. Do you have that when you open your studio and load Genesis?
    Created another morph from the beginning, had Genesis selected in Scene.

And again, I have the Actor/Hidden/Display/Pose Controls but then instead of Morphs, it says Dforms. Same as last time (and as shown in previous post, with the dform slider. Nothing changed after spawning.

edited May 2014

Hmmm what version of DAZ Studio you running and is the Morphs installed to the content folder your now using? All my bought morphs show on load of Genesis.

Just followed that TUT fully. The need for a Folder name is not needed in DS4.6.3 it defaults the the proper place in the Authors Name.

edited December 1969

Can't remember the number but it's the lastest. :)

I have a ton of morphs under "Actor." The bodies of many characters, different heads, adjusting body proportions, etc.

Is the folder called morphs? Remember, I'm the least technical of anyone I know. I went to:
    D: DAZ>Content and am not seeing a morphs folder. Remember, I did mine on D drive so I'm not your typical C drive user. But I didn't change any structuring. You and PCMike helped me step by step (and thanks!)

I'm not seeing a morphs folder in DS4.6 either.

edited December 1969

I have the typical stuff like the nose adjustments (raise/lower tip) and all those sliders, and here's a sample of the other stuff. Yep, it's purchased products. They are under Actor when the studio loads. Not had any error messages when loading up figures either, such as missing morphs.

I use the DIM. No manual installs, and we set up the DIM paths together and they work fine. (Also in the studio, we double checked the Content Directory Manager and my content is going to D>DAZ>Content for both DS and Poser files.

dform6.jpg
    731 x 1287 - 128K
    edited December 1969

The only main Morph file I am seeing is under Runtime>Libraries.

edited December 1969

Novica the only Morph you should see in Morphs from the Main window ARE ones you make fully after you make them...

Capture-002.png
    442 x 440 - 40K
    Capture-001.png
    444 x 377 - 33K
    edited May 2014

And That one will Vanish unless you do the Full tutorial with the Save as a Named Morph Asset. There is NO set to dsf step needed and no Name a folder needed. Both of those steps are now automatic In DS4.6. The tutorial is from before DS4.6.

EDIT: From your Sceen shot you still ONLY have the Deformer made that will list Until you close DS as well or Delete it from the Scene Tab.

edited December 1969

Okay, so not having Morphs in Parameters when I first start isn't the problem. Thanks for answering that.
    Here's the thing- when I did the spawn morph, nothing changed. All I had was the Dform section in Parameters with the same Dform slider that was there before.

It's been hours since I did this, but I do remember when I got to the File>Save As>Support Asset>DSF Morph File in the video, I noticed it just says morph.

Take a peek at the screenshot. This is when the morph was created, and after spawning, that's all I've got. Am I supposed to click on that (the Dform in Parameters) and then save it as the support asset? I have no Morphs to click on.

dform5.jpg
    1661 x 1912 - 509K
    edited December 1969

I'm doing this all over again, and showing you, in case there's something wrong. I am now getting ready to spawn the morph. I have Genesis selected in Scene tab, and also in Parameters. (Instead of "ALL." Don't know if that makes a difference.)

dform7.jpg
    1746 x 874 - 143K
    edited December 1969

I went with "Yes To All" because it's outline in yellow and also used in the tutorial.

Next I'll show you what that does.

dform8.jpg
    1312 x 1999 - 213K
    edited May 2014

Okay, freaky.
    NOW the dform section AND slider are gone.
    And the dformer is gone in the Scene tab too.

WHAT THE HECK? Done this four or five times and always had no change when I did this exact same thing (as evidenced in my first batch of screenshots.) The only difference was selecting Genesis in Parameters, not sure if "All" was selected before.

But now I have nothing in Scene tab, or Parameters, regarding that d-former! ARRRGH.

(EDIT- and no, it's not under expanded Actor in Parameters either.)

dform9.jpg
    2000 x 1359 - 181K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

Selecting "All" in Parameters had the same effect- everything has disappeared. So it doesn't make a difference if "All" or "Genesis" is selected in Parameters apparently. But the Studio is NOT behaving. Closing it and going to do this one more time, but it's 4am so heading to bed shortly.

edited December 1969

I just did this. Silly question Do you have the Settings filled in for Author and everything? Here is proof it fully works just a couple of steps have now changed...
    I even added the Card and used two morphs that became one single morph (the reason for Yes TO ALL)...

Capture-001.png
    445 x 361 - 19K
    edited December 1969

Jaderail- my entire studio is behaving differently right now- really getting totally ticked off. I have shut down and done this twice in the past ten minutes- now when I go to spawn the morph, everything disappears from under Genesis in Scene, and the word Dform disappears from Parameter.

edited December 1969

One question so we're on the "same page."
    Up in your visual, when the word "Morphs" appeared, and you said "Made one" that was after you simply spawned the morph, right?

See, I never get that. After I do (and tested both) Yes, or Yes To All, I still only had the Dform word in Parameters with one slider, (which was there BEFORE I spawned- it formed when I first created the morph.) and the morph was still showing (the field, base, etc) in Scene under Genesis after spawning. Now NEITHER of those two stay put once I spawn the morph.

edited December 1969

Yes. I never once touched anything except the Scene Tab for Genesis, all I touched in Parameters was the Deformer Field to move it. Once I spawn the Morph with delete morph as a option that Morphs in Parameters was created. Just as in my image.

This discussion has been closed.