D-Former- Morph Slider Doesn't Appear After Creating Morph**Solved By ben98120000**

13»

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

This was kinda interesting- (I'm googling combining morphs.)
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3308/

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

The way >I< would do it.. create two magnets, do one side first, copy/paste the first side to the second side, change x translate, y rotate, and z rotate to their opposites if they were used on all three parts so they two sides are perfectly symmetrical. Select Gene, bridge to Hexagon. open Hex if it didn't pop up automatically. Go to file -> send to daz studio. Go back to DS if it didn't automatically pop up. Name your morph and chose its path in the pull down. Zero out both your magnets and test your new one. Then save it out as a new morph just like you did for the nose bridge.

edited May 2014

If you don't have Hex I guess you could export Gene as a wavefront obj and them load it as a morph with morph loader. Have to make sure you have adsolutely everything zeroed out (other than the magnets) to do that though.. and everything else in the scene set to invisible

Post edited by Fisty on
    edited December 1969

Keep in mind I am HORRIBLE with file extensions- is this an easy or more complicated solution in your opinion? And meanwhile, I'll read what you wrote. (No, I don't do Hexagon. I'm still exploring DAZ, and trying to learn Silo..I'm on overload at the moment.)

http://www.daz3d.com/morph-master-pro-2-5

edited December 1969

The 2nd way Adam suggested is the same as the 2nd way I suggested. And if you don't do Hex is the only way to actually combine them (you could link the two together with a master morph but it really complicated and doesn't actually combine them, just gives them a single dial).. otherwise just leave them as separate sides, no one is going to complain about being able to make asymmetrical faces, it's more realistic

edited December 1969

Did you actually used dformer to make a change to the figure?........ Which is as it should be because there wasnt any actual change to the figure so there wasnt any morph spawned even if spawn morph procedure went through.

I feel badly- ben98120000 was actually right on target, solved it first, and I missed it! Thank you so much!

edited December 1969

Can someone help me decipher what all this means? It never got discussed when I asked about it, because of my other DUH issue.
    http://www.daz3d.com/morph-master-pro-2-5

Available for Windows Only
    This program allows you to create new morphs for your Poser characters in an easy and powerful way........(edit out)....Morph Master works directly with your existing Poser CR2 or CRZ files
    *Poser characters means what? What files, aka characters/figures, does this apply to?

and will automatically create full body morphs in order to link the new morphs that you create across various body groups in your figure.
    Why the need to create full body morphs? Using a d-former field on the existing mesh does this.

You can load a CR2 and pose it like Poser does, or load a Poser PZ2 file directly, and then modify the geometry to make a morph.
    So It is CR2, CRZ, AND PZ2 files?

You can also load multiple CR2's at the same time and conform one to another to make a morph for all the characters together. Or, use one as a template for the others. You can modify an existing morph target in your character, or take merge several morphs into one.
    THIS is what I want to do easily- merge morphs.

You can also use the pose engine to make morphs for correcting the behavior of joints such as the elbow, knees, or hip joint. Or, make morphs to improve the behavior of your clothes when they conform to the body in particular poses.
    What does that mean, "pose engine?"

The operations that you use to make the modifications to the mesh are stored by the program in a list. You have maximum flexibility in handling the list of operations, you can go back to one operation and modify its parameters, delete an operation, or even insert new operations in the middle of the list.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Legacy Poser rigging used grouping to define a figures bones. Often older Poser figures object mesh was not welded at the groups so morphs had to be made for each individual group not the whole figure. That tool was needed to fix / simplify making full body morphs. I believe newer versions of Poser can do full body morphs (FBMs). Studio's Morph Loader has always been able to do FBMs plus new weight mapped figures like Genesis and G2F & G2M use a single welded mesh and don't need grouping

edited December 1969

Thanks jestmart. I had googled and found a person who owned the 2.0 and got the 2.5 and said not to waste time with it- that it didn't do newer figures, crashed, etc. That is one person's opinion, but I decided to just explore morphing on my own and not use a product.

I would still like to know how to combine morphs into a master dial though- I know it can't be as simple as having two morphs in Scene tab and then parenting one to the other. (I wish.) I have morphs for the nose and would like to have each nostril individually, but also one master dial.

• ben98120000ben98120000 Posts: 469
    edited May 2014

Novica said:

I would still like to know how to combine morphs into a master dial though- I know it can't be as simple as having two morphs in Scene tab and then parenting one to the other. (I wish.) I have morphs for the nose and would like to have each nostril individually, but also one master dial.

Heres one way to do it:

1. Dial up morphs you wish to make a master dial for, to their max value.

2. Click with right mouse button on the parameters tab or anywhere inside parameters tab to get a menu and from the menu activate Edit Mode. (pic1, clip_21) While in edit mode click with right mouse button on one of the morphs to get a menu and from menu select ERC Freeze... (pic2, clip_22).

3. In ERC Freeze Options window (pic3, clip_23), under properties, click on Create New.

4. In Create New Property window (pic4, clip_24), leave property type as "float", type in unique name (if the name is already in use, property wont be created), path (menu you wish master dial to appear), type and you can adjust other parameters to your liking. When you are done click on "Create" to create new property.

5. Now, in ERC Freeze Options window (pic5, clip_25), property you created should be listed in property field and morphs you dialed and should be listed and activated in Freeze properties field. Click "accept" and your new master dial will be created in the menu you picked.

6. Save your master dial as morph asset.

EDIT: Apparently, when you make new properties, it will automatically add in freeze properties field anything that is active or not zeroed out when you make the property, so theres no need for selecting active morphs prior to ERC Freeze. They will be added just by being active.

Clip_25.jpg
    372 x 535 - 100K
    Clip_24.jpg
    316 x 674 - 103K
    Clip_23.jpg
    372 x 535 - 97K
    Clip_22.jpg
    451 x 720 - 206K
    Clip_21.jpg
    457 x 719 - 184K
    Post edited by ben98120000 on
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I'll try it later tonight. BTW, what exactly is an ERC Freeze? Does the ERC stand for an abbreviation?

• ben98120000ben98120000 Posts: 469
    edited May 2014

Its Enhanced Remote Controls.

Post edited by ben98120000 on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just to be Clear on Deformer morphs if you have Several made and save them as a Single Morph that does work. Just be sure all morphs(deformers) are effecting the mesh at spawn time. Then you get one dial that controls that combined morph. My Head Spikes are several active Deformers in a single controller.

edited December 1969

This is another tutorial that was mentioned which is very helpful by RKane_1
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6484/

edited August 2014

In case anyone is interested, I posted the coordinates for widening just the nostril hole for the Genesis 2 Female. You can tweak it from there if you want to.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/42531/P15/#625147

Locked because this thread has started http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/45214/

Post edited by Chohole on
This discussion has been closed.