Show Us Your Bryce Renders!

Comments

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Today, I 'ave mostly been thinking 'bout crop circles;

and there was I thinking it was bored farmers with tractors ;)

lovely renders :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I love the 2nd crop circle. I love the idea of a Daz3D crop circle

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Study in skele...(s)

Jay

skelton-miner.jpg
    582 x 582 - 332K
  • cris333cris333 Posts: 107
    edited July 2012

nice Jama :) .Looks like a horror scifi movie scene :)

Here is "Fighting for food"
    The sky scene it is available free here http://www.sharecg.com/v/63776/view/5/3D-Model/Tibetan-Sky-for-Bryce. The desert scene ,except the dragons, created by me is here http://www.sharecg.com/v/63830/view/5/3D-Model/Desert-for-Bryce .The 3 rd dragon is a Maya free low poly model for games ( available here in Formats: 3ds Max 8, Maya 8, Obj and Lightwave with bitmaps - http://www.gfx-3d-model.com/2009/10/dragon-3d-model/ )

Fighting-for-food.jpg
    950 x 534 - 393K
    Post edited by cris333 on
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Cris333...the skele image is a self-potrait..hehee :)

I like your dragons' image, and even more that the drags' are FREE...my favourite word. I'm just getting into the use of models and modelling as it's an area that I've have avoided for a long time since starting in Bryce. Looking forward to seeing your next uploads, and as I'm on that topic, where are all the other renderers out there? Like the thread says, 'show us your Bryce renders', or is the Bryce5.com the way to go, as I'm really a noob in submitting images...etc.,, so not sure.

Jay

edited December 1969

Biggest problem is the thread keeps getting lost, because the forum is not bumping threads up to the top when someone posts again.

Anyone want to vote for it being made a stcky, so we can find it again ???????

I am asking this as a normal forum member. Of course if people feel it would be a good idea, as a Mod I can then apply the glue. :coolsmirk:

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Yes, also, for some reason, the forum seems intermittent with respect to notifying me when someone has posted. Sometimes it does, but sometimes it does not. Only just now did I think to go back to look at this thread and was surprised to find it was not dead. I have not had notification from this for days.

edited December 1969

OK. I applied the glue and stuck it to the Forum wall, so it should be easier to find now.:coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

Still making these... red/cyan 3D glasses essential to view.

B7_1_0_74_p29_s9_v2_anaglypherized.jpg
    750 x 750 - 735K
    B7_1_0_109_p35_s3_v2_anaglypherized_f.jpg
    750 x 375 - 415K
    edited July 2012

Still making these... red/cyan 3D glasses essential to view.

wow very nice.First scene ,the island is so real,perfect with glasses but the 2nd image i see the objects doubled even with my red/cyan glasses ...
    (got some red/cyan cardboard glasses free offer from buying sugar from supermarket lol :-) )
    edit: I think i got it, red is on the left side of the image so i put my glasses with cyan on left eye :-)
    Post edited by cris333 on
    edited December 1969

Thank you. It should be Red on the Left eye and Cyan on the Right eye. Does that fix the double image issue?

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

You know, someone relatively inexperienced with Bryce might feel intimidated by all this fancy schmancy chromatic aberrational anaglyphic stuff being bantered about in here.

Anyway here is my contribution, noting special just took one of David's DTE terrains and threw a character into it. I call it gone fishing.

Gone_Fishing2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 216K
    edited December 1969

Thank you Mark, very nice render - I wonder how it would look in 3D... OK no I wouldn't want to intimidate anyone or put them off using Bryce - quite the opposite. So I will take this opportunity to point out that the anaglyphs are not difficult to make once you have laid your hands on the appropriate tools - which we have made and which we will be putting within hands reach - at some point in the future.

edited December 1969

Thank you. It should be Red on the Left eye and Cyan on the Right eye. Does that fix the double image issue?

No, it's just better , in fact with the cyan part i can see clearly the scene ..i can see perfectly the first scene with the glasses but the second it doesn't show up properly ..anyways it's all perfect and it is an honor for me to talk with you .

@ Lord Hard Driven
    You don't know me in real, you don't know what do i know ..maybe you are right ,perhaps i just landed on Earth from Mars with a bamboo boat and i have the IQ of a chicken..who knows..If you are so Lord Smart Driven you should publish some books, start new blogs or even make some bryce tutorials to help noobs like me..

edited December 1969

cris333, what you see are "ghosts" the colour separation is dependant on a few things, not only in the scene but also dependant on the monitor and also the exact filter colours in the way they respond to the monitor. The first scene is more tolerant of this issue because the contrast is low, the second scene being high contrast will test the limits of the system - indeed, my own cheap cardboard glasses let some cyan through the red and let some red through the cyan. It is not perfect, you are quite right. And the feedback is welcome, since it helps to establish what works best and what will be a struggle.

edited December 1969

Here's the story of this render...

Bryce desert landscape - part 1 - a 15 minute tutorial in two parts by David Brinnen
    Bryce desert landscape - part 2 - a 15 minute tutorial in two parts by David Brinnen

I've put the links also in the tutorials thread above. Just to give you some insight, this video for example is the result of seven and a half hours planning, recording and editing. How can fifteen minutes of video absorb seven and a half hours? Even though I lived through it I can't really explain it. Somehow the time just goes. OK, so the requirement is to work in one take so as to maintain continuity - and things are rarely crystallised in the first take. Also, with each iteration of planning I think of some small improvement I wish to make to the approach. So well, yes, I suppose it is my own fault...

Anyway, I hope you find it useful!

B7_0_1_26__p1_s1_v1_dunes1.jpg
    889 x 500 - 421K
    edited December 1969

Thank you Mark, very nice render - I wonder how it would look in 3D... OK no I wouldn't want to intimidate anyone or put them off using Bryce - quite the opposite. So I will take this opportunity to point out that the anaglyphs are not difficult to make once you have laid your hands on the appropriate tools - which we have made and which we will be putting within hands reach - at some point in the future.

Oh I know you don't mean to intimidate anyone and in fact you're a very friendly and helphul person as are the rest of the steering committee and most of the respected members of the Bryce community represented in this thread. It's just the fact that you guys have earned that level of respect typically shown towards celebrities. I mean I feel somewhat daunted posting my little modified scenes out of a vendors product here alongside the guy who made the outstanding product that the scene I modified came from. It only gets worse when I consider the fact that if asked how the scene was created the best I could do is say "well I bought this product that had the pre-made scene..." whereas you could say "I opened a new file in Bryce, generated a terrain in the terrain editor, then opened the DTE..." Then there is the fact you all are such a nice friendly bunch that I feel like I'd love to hang out and chat but then I see you guys getting fairly deeply into aspects of Bryce that many barely know exist. To put it in terms at least one here will understand it's kind of like a peasant trying to hang with Merlin the Magician. :)

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not complaining or trying to say you should or shouldn't do anything, I guess I'm just expressing my own insecurities. Plus with all the products you and Horo make you all are doing everything humanly possible to make Bryce easier, to bring people to your level,

edited December 1969

I uncovered one of my Bryce 3 images. Wonder if I can rediscover the dragonfly, it was made by Brycetech. Must be on one of my backup discs somewhere,

Strange Encounters.

strange_encounters.gif
    600 x 600 - 197K
    edited July 2012

cris333 said:

No, it's just better , in fact with the cyan part i can see clearly the scene ..i can see perfectly the first scene with the glasses but the second it doesn't show up properly ..anyways it's all perfect and it is an honor for me to talk with you .

@ Lord Hard Driven
    You don't know me in real, you don't know what do i know ..maybe you are right ,perhaps i just landed on Earth from Mars with a bamboo boat and i have the IQ of a chicken..who knows..If you are so Lord Smart Driven you should publish some books, start new blogs or even make some bryce tutorials to help noobs like me..

You obviously don't know me either cris, I wasn't talking about you or refering to you in any way at all and for the very reason you start off with, I don't know you. If you knew me, you would know that when I was talking about "inexperienced users" I was talking about myself, not you. Also you seem to read alot into my name. Just so you know, my name is simply a username I started in a virtual reality world back in the 90's and it has nothing to do with any kind of ego or self image. If anything it refered to back at the time I sold computer parts for a livng and hard drives were a popular item so I stayed on top of where to get the best deals.

Anyway my comment was to David not you and it was about my feelings for myself. As for you, well I seriously doubt you're from another planet or that if you were you would even know what a bamboo boat was let alone have one. I also doubt your IQ is so low as to be equal to a chicken's since chickens aren't known for making judgemental posts of people they don't know and misunderstand, on the internet.

Post edited by LordHardDriven on
    edited December 1969

Well Mark, as it happens I've only managed to meet one fellow Bryce enthusiast, as I may have mentioned before, I live in a pretty out of the way place along the east coast of the UK, in Lincolnshire. Graham Dresch did visit me though a few weeks back and we spent some time in front of the computer and some time on the beach (Graham brought kites - and since I have obtained my own beginner kite) and some debating the pro's and con's of DAZ's stewardship of Bryce. And if you did happen to want to pay a visit, you would be more than welcome, but you would be quickly disabused of any notion of wizardry when you realised how tremendously monotonous and unmagical my every day existence was. That's in no way to put you off, but rather by way of fair warning. I don't have a TV, I work, I play badminton and tinker with Bryce and that about sums it up. It's just that I happen to have been tinkering with Bryce for more years than most (but not as many as some) that gives me something of a technical advantage. That's all.

edited December 1969

Pam, I think I could spot your renders now out of a crowd. The watercolour effect is very pleasing - postwork? Or something you did within Bryce? And again, there is an unfolding story. It would not surprise me if you told me you wrote short poems to go with your renders? At least I image you could tell us some kind of back story?

edited December 1969

Well Mark, as it happens I've only managed to meet one fellow Bryce enthusiast, as I may have mentioned before, I live in a pretty out of the way place along the east coast of the UK, in Lincolnshire. Graham Dresch did visit me though a few weeks back and we spent some time in front of the computer and some time on the beach (Graham brought kites - and since I have obtained my own beginner kite) and some debating the pro's and con's of DAZ's stewardship of Bryce. And if you did happen to want to pay a visit, you would be more than welcome, but you would be quickly disabused of any notion of wizardry when you realised how tremendously monotonous and unmagical my every day existence was. That's in no way to put you off, but rather by way of fair warning. I don't have a TV, I work, I play badminton and tinker with Bryce and that about sums it up. It's just that I happen to have been tinkering with Bryce for more years than most (but not as many as some) that gives me something of a technical advantage. That's all.

Well that's the thing about analogies they don't have to match up with reality, they just have to get the idea they're conveying across. If I were to ever visit I certainly wouldn't be expecting to see a display of mystical powers, I would however totally expect to see you make magic seem to happen when you open Bryce. :)

edited December 1969

Pam, I think I could spot your renders now out of a crowd. The watercolour effect is very pleasing - postwork? Or something you did within Bryce? And again, there is an unfolding story. It would not surprise me if you told me you wrote short poems to go with your renders? At least I image you could tell us some kind of back story?

mostly Bryce, just a tad of postwork, to get the foreground mist. Now I could do it all in bryce I think. but that one was back with Bryce 3d (it moves)
  • NabouNabou Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

Hello Alls,

i will show a Rendertry from the fantastic *Abstract Wallpaper* Product. Is a Adaption of the first Wallpaper Series.
    I think this is a wunderfull Toy with a longtime Funfactor. But do me not ask how i made it exact. Is a wild Play with some Sliders and Buttons to show me diffrent Results. A good Way to learn is Play ever. :-D
    Titel maybe: the Color Bigbang

Greetings Nabou

Abstract_WP-1440x900.jpg
    1294 x 809 - 232K
    edited December 1969

Nice work Nabou, thank you for sharing this with us, it's a real pleasure to see someone getting some fun out of our products. And of course, having some cool artwork to show at the end of it!

edited December 1969

@Nabou
    Wow...super mix of colours gone awry, out of control. I think I would title it 'Bubble-Licious' as it reminds me of the wounderful colours one sees in soap bubbles. Would hang that image on my wall anyday ;)

Jay

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,986
    edited July 2012

Thanks to everyone especially David, Horo, Rashad, Chohole for sharing your work. I don’t understand over 95% of the discussions in this forum but I am inspired by the work and keep coming for more.

Although I had Bryce 5 for years now, I gave up after doing a few tutorials. It’s easy to follow a tutorial but understanding the program is another story. I was inspired by the work in the old forum WIP section especially the work by Yellow Pen and started doing Robin Wood’s tutorials again step by step, since I downloaded the Bryce 7. I hope one day to share some of my work here even if it’s the toy wagon from Robin’s tutorials. I worked with some of David’s video tutorials too, but I’m a bit short in the understanding department. Hopefully with time and patience, things will fall into place. I love landscapes and will try the new desert tutorials David posted.

@Nabou
    Wow did you do this abstract art using Bryce, its awesome

Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited December 1969

You are welcome Mermaid010,

Here's another new video tutorial for you to contemplate. It does require a bit of patience to go through or a moderately powerful computer - indeed, come to think of it - perhaps both!

Bryce still life project - "capsules" - a 15 minute tutorial by David Brinnen

Here's the subject.

Finished_capsule_still_life_scene.jpg
    889 x 500 - 477K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,107
    edited July 2012

@chohole - thanks for making this one a sticky. Like David, I think I can tell your renders by looking at them. They all have a soft and pleasing atmosphere about them. Could go for book illustrations of fairy tales. Bryce 3D, wow, you were already good before I even knew there was something like a 3D program.

@cris333 - I also see "ghosting" on anaglyphs at times. It is usually where bright parts meet dark ones. It is a question of the filters. What I do in such cases, I stapple two pairs of goggles. The picture gets slightly darker and the red ghosts disappear.

The space scene is a bit difficult because the near things are very 3D looking and the backdrop is the illuminating HDRI. We would expect also some 3D effect.

@LordHardDriven - funny render with the plastic fish, I like it. Ah, so you were the lord of hard drives and hard driven with them. Thanks for your kind words. It is the spirit of "brycers" to help each other. I've learned a lot from the forums and still do.

@Nabou - thank you for sharing the result of your labour. It looks really nice.

@mermaid010 - we all started small. The aim is not to be the best, the aim is having fun. And Bryce IS fun. You may getting better acquainted by experimenting and save the tutorials for later. You can't break anything, you know.

@David - thanks for that tutorial. It is worthwhile watching. I can only recommend it.

My aim was to make an unactractive city district. The buildings are from Stonemason's Urban Future 4 (available at the DAZ Store). I had to rearrange them a bit. The train model was downloaded from Google Warehouse (yes LordHardDriven, I don't do everything myself and also resort to models others have done).

The second one is the same, using the ALST+ (currently in the DAZ QA process). The name was added in post production to make it appear slightly in front of the picture.

ShuttleLines-ana.jpg
    800 x 533 - 204K
    ShuttleLines.jpg
    800 x 534 - 133K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited July 2012

Hor and David, yes I guess I do tend to go for an Illustrative look with my renders, I admit to being influenced by Constable and Turner, and later impressionists.

Sometimes I go for a different type of illustration. THis one is pure Brcy, except for the creatures everything was built in Bryce. Brycetech was very taken with this one, but decided not to include it on the DCs he did, because it wasn't a typical bryce render.

BTW even the cloud was a happy effect I got with a volumetric cloud mat on a rock.

This was done for one of my grandkids.

toon_town.jpg
    800 x 600 - 384K
    Post edited by Chohole on
This discussion has been closed.