Generation 3 Aiko and Hiro Appreciation Thread

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Ethin said:

Sir, Your 2:00 Is Here.

I don't think she's from accounting.

Depends what sort of accountability you're talking about.

• ^I misread that at first - I thought it said "Your 2020 is here" - picture still fit.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026

^I misread that at first - I thought it said "Your 2020 is here" - picture still fit.

I read it like that too ;)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    Ethin said:

Sir, Your 2:00 Is Here.

I don't think she's from accounting.

Cool lady!

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,008

Here's a better look at her.

"Cower before me mortals for I am Twinkie Lord"

Definitely broke Hiro with this one, he looks great but the are a few small problems. Fitting clothes to him sucks and his arms break when posed, not sure how to fix that last one. So no art with him... for now.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Ethin said:

Definitely broke Hiro with this one, he looks great but the are a few small problems. Fitting clothes to him sucks and his arms break when posed, not sure how to fix that last one. So no art with him... for now.

Why don't you transfer the shapes to G8?

I did with Aiko 3; for the texture I just created one that closely resembled the one that came with the character. It was normal texture but no obvious distinguishing marks, moles, spots or freckles.

nicstt said:
    Ethin said:

Well... I don't know how. Also if it requires any add-on products, I don't have them, and I have very few resources for any of the genesis males.

Something else I could try is do a render then covert him to a weight mapped figure, do a second render and try compositing them together... or I could try adjusting his rigging. 0_0

Ethin said:
    nicstt said:
    Ethin said:

Well... I don't know how. Also if it requires any add-on products, I don't have them, and I have very few resources for any of the genesis males.

Something else I could try is do a render then covert him to a weight mapped figure, do a second render and try compositing them together... or I could try adjusting his rigging. 0_0

Never mind I fixed him, just needed to scale the collars along with the chest. durp 

Now what to do with him. Mmmmmwwwwahahahahahaha devil

edited May 2023

I've had Liquid Rust's Belladonna for V4 for a bit. I've used her converted texture on Aiko before, decided the other day to try my hand at approximating her with A3. She's still very much A3 but not bad, even had the clothes to kida match the second skin Bella comes with.

Overall I like how this came out, but I don't really think pinups like this are my thing.

Belladonna Test 01.jpg
    1536 x 2048 - 1M
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,581

I have some friends who use Melody and Micah.  They'll be thrilled to learn these bump maps are available!

Sincerely,

Bill

edited September 2020

Halloween is coming!smiley

Lots of places will also have a full moon on Oct 31!surprisedevil

And again with strand based hair.

Not sure about the strand based hair, fist time I've made a serious attempt at using it. Anyone know if it is possible to get it to look better with 3DL or is it mainly just for Iray?

Post edited by Ethin on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252

I don't think there is anything to establish that it works better in one than the other. I do know that all of AprilYSH's hairs that appear to be strand-based hair come with both Iray and 3DL materials.

I will say that the 3DL materials render a bit dull. But I don't know that the Iray mats render any better.

There may be a difference in setting them up and preparing them for use than just slapping a base shader on them though.

@Ethin , hmm, very interesting...  I have no idea if thus was your intention, but I'm personally reminded of the transformation sequence from "An American Werewolf in london", somewhere along the midpoint, limbs elongating and and partial, sparce fur coverage.

Sincerely,

Bill

JOdel said:

I don't think there is anything to establish that it works better in one than the other. I do know that all of AprilYSH's hairs that appear to be strand-based hair come with both Iray and 3DL materials.

I will say that the 3DL materials render a bit dull. But I don't know that the Iray mats render any better.

There may be a difference in setting them up and preparing them for use than just slapping a base shader on them though.

Thanks! So they do, I'll play around, see what I can come up with.

Redfern said:

@Ethin , hmm, very interesting...  I have no idea if thus was your intention, but I'm personally reminded of the transformation sequence from "An American Werewolf in london", somewhere along the midpoint, limbs elongating and and partial, sparce fur coverage.

Sincerely,

Bill

Nay, never seen it. I don't do horror, my subconscious surpasses any horror film, worst of all most of the time it still make sense after waking.

Yes I was going for something that obviously use to be human, after all its the similarities that freak us out not the differences. Besides anything more and there would have been no point in using Aiko.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,149

It's actually more of a comedy than horror. It's really funny, you should check it out.

Gordig said:

It's actually more of a comedy than horror. It's really funny, you should check it out.

Yeah, I know I was applying the term too broad, there is a big difference between horror rom-com, psycho thriller, and hack and slash.

I'll look into it,  "for science ".laugh

This is more like it!!! She is one gorgeous werewolf!

Now to dust off, spruce up, and outfit my monster hunter.

edited September 2020

crying Why?!!  Why do I kawaii everything I touch!??

He's supposed to be a werewolf! A monster! Not a hottie beefcake?!

Curse you Twilight... Sparkle, its both your faults! wink

Post edited by Ethin on
    Ethin said:

crying Why?!!  Why do I kawaii everything I touch!??

He's supposed to be a werewolf! A monster! Not a hottie beefcake?!

Curse you Twilight... Sparkle, its both your faults! wink

ROTFL! Kawaii he is!

edited September 2020

There, he just needed a hair cut and a shave.

Post edited by Ethin on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited October 2020

An old image made new again

Salome 03

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/1111872

Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    edited October 2020

Here's one of my all-time favorites.  I used it for wallpaper for ages.  I had just discovered Carrara does caustics and had to play around.  Melody got trapped on the mantle.

Caught

Caught in the Act.png
    2000 x 1500 - 3M
    Post edited by sandmanmax on

I LOVE Melody's pitiful expression!  It feels so earnest!

Of course, I love it when Melody for A3 is used in any capacity.

Sincerely,

Bill

edited May 2023

Well this is not the image I had envisioned at the start of the month, "exasperated sigh".

Terra took pity on me and helped me out at the last minute.

"Pumpkin Queen"

Terra Halloween 2020 scene 02.jpg
    2800 x 2100 - 3M
    Post edited by Ethin on

So, so cuuuuuute! Thank you for showing her. I needed a smile.

Kerya said:

So, so cuuuuuute! Thank you for showing her. I needed a smile.

Your welcome! :D