V4 morph activation?

DimeolasDimeolas Posts: 192
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

...finally broke down and got Poser10 on sale....the V4 morphs aren't showing up and I remember theres an extra step needed to activate them? I nee to click on a file but cant find a thing, anyone remember?
Thanks

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

yeah the file you need to double click on DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat found in Runtime\libraries\!DAZ\DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat

• DimeolasDimeolas Posts: 192
    edited December 1969

cool, got it, I can give V4 some muscletone again
    Thx

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

nice one glad I could help

• Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
    edited April 2014

Szark said:
    yeah the file you need to double click on DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat found in Runtime\libraries\!DAZ\DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat

Is this issue about not finding V4 morphs new, or is it from Daz Studio users first using Poser when they already have runtimes for Daz? And what does the bat do, exactly?

I don't think I have a problem and never seem to have encountered this, but then I've always run Poser (now PPro14) and kept V4 and the Daz characters and morphs in a root Runtime Directory (which years ago they specified had to be done), rather than any Runtime I've created on my own. I start with a base V4 Character to which I injected the Morphs++ and now have What I call V4++ in that directory as another character. When I go to build future V4 based characters I start by loading my V4++ character and go from there.

I've just never heard of needing to 'activate' Morphs.

Just wonder if I'm missing something and there could be morphs that I'm occasionally not getting, or if I'm accidentally doing something correctly.

Post edited by Consumer573 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Szark said:

Is this issue about not finding V4 morphs new, or is it from Daz Studio users first using Poser when they already have runtimes for Daz? And what does the bat do, exactly?

I don't think I have a problem and never seem to have encountered this, but then I've always run Poser (now PPro14) and kept V4 and the Daz characters and morphs in a root Runtime Directory (which years ago they specified had to be done), rather than any Runtime I've created on my own. I start with a base V4 Character to which I injected the Morphs++ and now have What I call V4++ in that directory as another character. When I go to build future V4 based characters I start by loading my V4++ character and go from there.

I've just never heard of needing to 'activate' Morphs.

Just wonder if I'm missing something and there could be morphs that I'm occasionally not getting, or if I'm accidentally doing something correctly.

If you only use Poser you would have initialised V4 and the morphs when you first installed them.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

V4 (and M4, K4, and the SubDragon) don't have a fixed number of morph channels like earlier figures -- instead, new morphs can be added to the figure. The initialization step adds the new morph channels so that they'll be available when you load V4. If you install using one of the old installers or using DIM, the initialization is done automatically, but if you manually extract a zip you need to run the initialization manually.

• Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

Thank you both. Sorry for the delay in posting the acknowledgement.

• jason-2455927jason-2455927 Posts: 51
    edited December 1969

V4 (and M4, K4, and the SubDragon) don't have a fixed number of morph channels like earlier figures -- instead, new morphs can be added to the figure. The initialization step adds the new morph channels so that they'll be available when you load V4. If you install using one of the old installers or using DIM, the initialization is done automatically, but if you manually extract a zip you need to run the initialization manually.

I downloaded and extracted the files of V4.2. I manually added her to my poser 8 runtime. I have her there but it seems like there are no morphs. For example there is no way to change the shape of her chest. How do you initialize her manually?

edited December 1969

jason said:

I downloaded and extracted the files of V4.2. I manually added her to my poser 8 runtime. I have her there but it seems like there are no morphs. For example there is no way to change the shape of her chest. How do you initialize her manually?

Go to Runtime:Libraries:!DAZ and run DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat (COMMAND on Mac) If you're using Windows7/8/Vista the Runtime has to be outside of Program Files/Program Files (x86).

edited May 2014

That must be the problem. I noticed in another reply that someone said to run the bat file. So I did and nothing happened. I am running windows 7 though. I can set the runtime up outside of the program files (like in my documents). But how does the bat file know where to find the runtime?

Post edited by jason-2455927 on
    edited December 1969

jason said:
    That must be the problem. I noticed in another reply that someone said to run the bat file. So I did and nothing happened. I am running windows 7 though. I can set the runtime up outside of the program files (like in my documents). But how does the bat file know where to find the runtime?

Did I just ask a stupid question? I forgot the bat file would be inside the runtime lol. By the way, I have been using the poser root runtime and heard the runtime needs to be outside of it. What are the performance enhancements to that...why should I do it? Also how do I set it up?

edited December 1969

Ok so I copied my runtime to my documents and went into it and ran the bat file. I then opened poser 8 and added that copied runtime into my library. But when I tried to open V4 from it she still had no morphs other than the head morphs which she had from the first time I simply installed her. Is there a step I am missing?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

Did you go to the Pose library and in that DAZ's Victroia 4>Morph Injections, then double-click INJ Base V4?

edited December 1969

Did you remove V4 from the internal runtime? If it's in both places Poser will get confused.

edited December 1969

Did you go to the Pose library and in that DAZ's Victroia 4>Morph Injections, then double-click INJ Base V4?

I did remove V4 from poser's internal runtime. I also loaded her in the pose window from the external runtime and I used the INJ Base V4 morph from the poses. I still do not get any morphs. No dials or anything. Nothing changes.

edited May 2014

Make sure you have only one \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4 folder on your system, and that it is in the folder containing the Victoria 4.2 CR2. And, to dot the Ts and cross the Is, make sure you are loading a fresh Victoria 4.2 and not working from a saved scene of figure as those don't get updated.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

Make sure you have only one \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4 folder on your system, and that it is in the folder containing the Victoria 4.2 CR2. And, to dot the Ts and cross the Is, make sure you are loading a fresh Victoria 4.2 and not working from a saved scene of figure as those don't get updated.

when you say make sure the \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4 folder is the only one and that it is in the folder containing the V4.2 cr2 do you mean make sure the cr2 file is in the \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4 folder? Sorry it was just worded strange to me.

If this doesn't work is there a way to get the old installer for it to just make it easy? I am using windows 7 and poser 8 by the way.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

No, the V4.2 cr2 should be in the Runtime\Libraries\character\Whateverfolder.
    Richard means because of the possibility of having more than one runtime (I have many) - you should make sure that ALL V4 files are only in ONE and the same runtime folder.

edited May 2014

No, I meant it should be the same Runtime as \Runtime\Libraries\Character\Victoria 4.2.cr2 - sorry for the bad phrasing.

Edit: Snap!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

Thanks guys, I have removed the internal runtime daz people folder and the only location poser is pulling V4 from is my external runtime. I tried to run the bat file again and I still am not seeing the morphs. Is there a way to get the original installer since the install manager doesn't work with this setup?

edited December 1969

jason said:
    Thanks guys, I have removed the internal runtime daz people folder and the only location poser is pulling V4 from is my external runtime. I tried to run the bat file again and I still am not seeing the morphs. Is there a way to get the original installer since the install manager doesn't work with this setup?

Did you remove the "Runtime:Libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4" folder from the internal runtime also?

edited December 1969

Yes I did remove that. Still don't seem to get it to work.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

In order to have extra morphs in V4 you do have to purchase the morphs++ pack and install that.

http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-2-morphs

• shadowdancinshadowdancin Posts: 3
    edited February 2016

same issue n yea bought all morphs n ran bat   this  software isnt working n  ive gave daz a lot  of money over the years    it doesnt work i dont like studio n should not be forced to use  stuff they made after  i want my exes back

Post edited by shadowdancin on
  • Where are you files installed? Did you install manuallly or with the Install Manager? Which operating system are you using? Poser or DAZ Studio? Which version? If DAZ Studio, are you using the Power Loader utility (do you get a dialogue box on loading V4)?

• same issue n yea bought all morphs n ran bat   this  software isnt working n  ive gave daz a lot  of money over the years    it doesnt work i dont like studio n should not be forced to use  stuff they made after  i want my exes back

Check out this forum. I'm running OSX 10.11 and Poser 11 

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/213047

• same issue n yea bought all morphs n ran bat   this  software isnt working n  ive gave daz a lot  of money over the years    it doesnt work i dont like studio n should not be forced to use  stuff they made after  i want my exes back

Check out this forum. I'm running OSX 10.11 and Poser 11 

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/213047

Helpdesk tickets are not public, only you and Daz support can see the ticket.