Something that would be cool

edited December 1969 in The Commons

I don't know if it's even possible but a star rating system or a place to leave comments for items in the store would be nice.

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

that would indeed be cool.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

As much as this would be a good way for honest customers to share how they feel of a merchants work, it can at the same time be used by people who have an axe to grind against DAZ or the PA in an attempt to tarnish their good work.

If it ever came to a vote, I would have to say no to be honest.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    As much as this would be a good way for honest customers to share how they feel of a merchants work, it can at the same time be used by people who have an axe to grind against DAZ or the PA in an attempt to tarnish their good work.

If it ever came to a vote, I would have to say no to be honest.

I agree. If it were to be implemented, perhaps the PA have control over whether a) comments are allowed, and b) comment approval.
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

I'm not a fan of star ratings. They are OK perhaps when there are a lot of them, but in practice even on places like Amazon they tend to be confused by people rating some other aspect of the experience (people are forever giving something one star because of problems with the delivery rather than the product, for example) and of course by fans (seriously, I once saw a five-star review saying "Whoever-it-was always produces great work so I'm really looking forward to getting this item").

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Any "rating" system would need to be restricted to those who had actually purchased the item. Too many allow anyone to give ratings. I don't know if magento has a way to do this considering that it can't easily do lookups for previous purchases.

Any rating system that allows non-buyers to add ratings is useless. IMO.

Kendall

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited December 1969

DAZ could even ask the people at ShareCG where they got theirs... the one that works via no obvious rhyme or reason to randomly select the number of stars it believes you probably intended to choose based on barometric pressure or regional field mouse population tallies, divided by the average rainfall in the Gobi dessert in June 1867... But they could also choose to leave out a comments box where you can write "Sorry I really meant to give you 9 stars not 2", so PAs will think their products suck and become clinically depressed and highly despondent.

By the way... what does despondent mean? I this word I say I do no thin I know what it means...

I don't think your idea is bad... I just don't think a good chunk of the people out there would use it fairly or maturely.... that... and I'd like to at least see a few horrible bugs fixed before ANYONE touches anymore code.

Basically I'm not suggesting that it is like giving Antimatter pistols to chimpanzees.... it's more like Rhesus monkeys with grenades... or dolphins with... ah... I don't know, I've got a bad hangover....

Good night.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

There are too many people who give 1 star or 5 stars to obvious 3 star items, but I think it would even out in the long run. Not a bad idea, but certainly below the bottom of the list for now.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702
    edited December 1969

There would also be people who have problems with the item on their computer but may work great on other computers. Or they use an older version of the software instead of the newest.