[Released] Content Wizard [Commercial]

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300
    Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:

So I was installing a batch of stuff, and then, after installing this one product, an item got stuck, and since then, I've been asked if I wanted to overwrite this one file.  I cleared, shut down and restarted CW, but the problem persisted.

How do I get rid of this file that's overstayed its welcome?

If it makes any difference, it's this item 

CL: Loomie La Fee & Bijoux de Fee

When do you get this warning?

I get it whenever I install something now.  That's the only time the File Exists warning has ever appeared for me.

It sounds like this happens when you install to the content library.  If you mean it happens every time you install CL: Loomie La Fee & Bijoux de Fee, it is fine that it wants to overwrite it.  If you mean it happens whenever you install ANY zip product, you need to go to the working directory and make sure it is deleted.

Well, I can assure you that I don't install Loomie over and over again.  Also it's only the one file, and not every file for the product.  It happened with every other product I tried to install.

I'll go poking around the working directory, but wanted to bring this to your attention, and make sure I wouldn't be breaking anything.

The error message is saying it is going to overwrite a file in your "My Daz 3D Library", so it would not break anything in CW.  My thought is that you said it got stuck or crashed and the OS has locked the file in the working directory.  Then, every time CW tries to delete it, it can't and then later thinks it is part of the latest product you are installing.

Nope.  CW and DS didn't get stuck or crash.  Seemed like a normal installation.  Just installed Loomie and had an item that wasn't deleted when everything else was.

Is the working directory truly empty before you run CW?

It's empty now!  I deleted Loomie's residue.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344
    Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:

So I was installing a batch of stuff, and then, after installing this one product, an item got stuck, and since then, I've been asked if I wanted to overwrite this one file.  I cleared, shut down and restarted CW, but the problem persisted.

I get it whenever I install something now.  That's the only time the File Exists warning has ever appeared for me.

It sounds like this happens when you install to the content library.  If you mean it happens every time you install CL: Loomie La Fee & Bijoux de Fee, it is fine that it wants to overwrite it.  If you mean it happens whenever you install ANY zip product, you need to go to the working directory and make sure it is deleted.

Well, I can assure you that I don't install Loomie over and over again.  Also it's only the one file, and not every file for the product.  It happened with every other product I tried to install.

I'll go poking around the working directory, but wanted to bring this to your attention, and make sure I wouldn't be breaking anything.

The error message is saying it is going to overwrite a file in your "My Daz 3D Library", so it would not break anything in CW.  My thought is that you said it got stuck or crashed and the OS has locked the file in the working directory.  Then, every time CW tries to delete it, it can't and then later thinks it is part of the latest product you are installing.

Nope.  CW and DS didn't get stuck or crash.  Seemed like a normal installation.  Just installed Loomie and had an item that wasn't deleted when everything else was.

Excellent!  The error has gone away?

Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:

Yes.  Deleting the straggler manually took care of the problem.

Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:

Yes.  Deleting the straggler manually took care of the problem.

Great!

• edited August 2020

Hello, I am having an issue when I open CW the window itself goes way off the sreen so that I cannot access the buttons on the bottom. I have already closed the dialogue box on the top, I've tried all of the size adjustment arrows which seem to only function horizontally or vertically but not diagnally and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the product to no avail. Sceen shot attached, any help would be much appreciated.

ps.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 324K
    Post edited by jessicaallainart_39dc813a99 on

Hello, I am having an issue when I open CW the window itself goes way off the sreen so that I cannot access the buttons on the bottom. I have already closed the dialogue box on the top, I've tried all of the size adjustment arrows which seem to only function horizontally or vertically but not diagnally and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the product to no avail. Sceen shot attached, any help would be much appreciated.

Hmmm.  The size adjustment arrows DO work diagonally.  (Also, CW is one of the scripts I made that can shrink the smallest).   Try going to a different tab and resizing.  Sometimes that can help.  You could also try going to Display Settings and setting the "Change the size of text, apps, and others items" to a lower value (100%).  Resize and then change it back.

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246

Just wanted to say this product is awesome.  I never used smart content because it was just always broken on my machine for some reason so I created a custom content folder setup instead.  But I just migrated to a new computer and rather than migrating my content I decided to start fresh. So all the installs from DIM now have smart content that works and I've decided to embrace it. But what to do about all my stuff bought outaide the DAZ ecosystem?  Well, this looked good but I needed a sale. That finally came and Bang! Insta-buy.  

Worth every penny! I've been installing tons of non-DAZ content, including old freebies, all with good metadata and working in smart content.  Easy peasy, no issues, works great.    

Just wanted to say this product is awesome.  I never used smart content because it was just always broken on my machine for some reason so I created a custom content folder setup instead.  But I just migrated to a new computer and rather than migrating my content I decided to start fresh. So all the installs from DIM now have smart content that works and I've decided to embrace it. But what to do about all my stuff bought outaide the DAZ ecosystem?  Well, this looked good but I needed a sale. That finally came and Bang! Insta-buy.  

Worth every penny! I've been installing tons of non-DAZ content, including old freebies, all with good metadata and working in smart content.  Easy peasy, no issues, works great.    

Thank you!  That is so nice to hear! smiley

• Hello, I am having an issue when I open CW the window itself goes way off the sreen so that I cannot access the buttons on the bottom. I have already closed the dialogue box on the top, I've tried all of the size adjustment arrows which seem to only function horizontally or vertically but not diagnally and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the product to no avail. Sceen shot attached, any help would be much appreciated.

Hmmm.  The size adjustment arrows DO work diagonally.  (Also, CW is one of the scripts I made that can shrink the smallest).   Try going to a different tab and resizing.  Sometimes that can help.  You could also try going to Display Settings and setting the "Change the size of text, apps, and others items" to a lower value (100%).  Resize and then change it back.

It isn't working for me, either. Exact same problem but with an extra twist: the side adjustment arrows work, but whenever I try to use the diagonal or vertical arrows, the window just snaps downward uncontrollably. Then, when I drag it back up to where I can see it, the window size hasn't changed at all.

Sometimes it loads the top half of the window. Other times it loads the bottom half. When I try to use any adjustment arrow while it shows the bottom half, it suddenly loads the top half but the problem persists: diagonal and vertical arrows do not work. The window simply cannot be resized in any manner except horizontally, and even when the bottom half is what loads it cannot be used. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, changing the installation location, going to every single available tab and resizing, and doing the Display Setting thing (which did nothing except completely trash my desktop icons). The problem persists. I don't have a weird or small monitor/resolution, either. The only unusual thing is that it's 16:10 (1920x1200) instead of 16:9.

Unfortunately if this can't be resolved, I'm going to have to return the product, before my month runs out (which is coming up). It would be incredibly helpful if I could get it working, since I have a lot of third party content I'd like to add to Smart Content, but as things are the utility is 100% unusable on my system.

Someone already sent a shot of the top, I've attached what it does probably 30-40% of the time for me when I open it, and seemingly at random.

Screenshot (43).png
    1862 x 1200 - 172K
  • Hello, I am having an issue when I open CW the window itself goes way off the sreen so that I cannot access the buttons on the bottom. I have already closed the dialogue box on the top, I've tried all of the size adjustment arrows which seem to only function horizontally or vertically but not diagnally and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the product to no avail. Sceen shot attached, any help would be much appreciated.

It isn't working for me, either. Exact same problem but with an extra twist: the side adjustment arrows work, but whenever I try to use the diagonal or vertical arrows, the window just snaps downward uncontrollably. Then, when I drag it back up to where I can see it, the window size hasn't changed at all.

Sometimes it loads the top half of the window. Other times it loads the bottom half. When I try to use any adjustment arrow while it shows the bottom half, it suddenly loads the top half but the problem persists: diagonal and vertical arrows do not work. The window simply cannot be resized in any manner except horizontally, and even when the bottom half is what loads it cannot be used. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, changing the installation location, going to every single available tab and resizing, and doing the Display Setting thing (which did nothing except completely trash my desktop icons). The problem persists. I don't have a weird or small monitor/resolution, either. The only unusual thing is that it's 16:10 (1920x1200) instead of 16:9.

Unfortunately if this can't be resolved, I'm going to have to return the product, before my month runs out (which is coming up). It would be incredibly helpful if I could get it working, since I have a lot of third party content I'd like to add to Smart Content, but as things are the utility is 100% unusable on my system.

Someone already sent a shot of the top, I've attached what it does probably 30-40% of the time for me when I open it, and seemingly at random.

This must be some weird Qt (the GUI library that daz scripts use) bug.  Try clicking the PLUS (+) sign and adding a product zip.  Then click Analyze.  Once it is finished and it is in the Table View tab, try resizing.  

If *that* does not work, send me a PM with your email address and the size of your screen.  I will send you a special version that fixes the size of a dialog at the resolution you want.

• DMaxDMax Posts: 637
    Sevrin said:

Apologies for not having read through the thread.

I have a lot of content from Rendo, Adam Thwaites, etc already installed.   I would like to Content Wizard to reinstall it for Smart Content goodness.   Will that break stuff or cause duplications or something?

No, the smart content is separate from the content installation.  You should be able to do it without duplication (unless you put user-facing files in really weird locations).

I have a ton of M4 products already installed in DS but without smart content metadata. From the comments above, it seems that with CW I will only need to locate all my M4 product zips and do a batch scan to add the metadata without duplicating currently installed files (amazing!).

Would there be a quick way to locate all my M4 products within >DIM>Downloads? (as I have thousands of products and perhaps not all of them will have M4 in the product name)

This must be some weird Qt (the GUI library that daz scripts use) bug.  Try clicking the PLUS (+) sign and adding a product zip.  Then click Analyze.  Once it is finished and it is in the Table View tab, try resizing.  

If *that* does not work, send me a PM with your email address and the size of your screen.  I will send you a special version that fixes the size of a dialog at the resolution you want.

Still no luck, alas. I had to open and close the script a couple of times to get it to do it's "this time we're going to load the bottom half" thing, and then it took a few tries to find a product zip that would work. The first one got an error about having no user-facing files (it was Poser-only though and more of a "will it handle this" test), and the next got an error about being unable to open the zip file (I checked the log but none of the "make sure that..." suggestions applied). Third time was the charm for opening, not so much for resizing.

Thank you so much for offering the custom version, I will send you a PM! And then never change my monitor, lol. It's such a bizarre thing to have happen! I have a 1070 Ti and so I'm still using 4.10, but all of the other scripts I have from you have worked in it without this particular problem (though they also don't resize beyond an automatic and permanent "twitch" to a slightly larger horizontal size if you click on the border anywhere, so maybe that's the size they're supposed to load in).

• DMax said:
    Sevrin said:

Apologies for not having read through the thread.

I have a lot of content from Rendo, Adam Thwaites, etc already installed.   I would like to Content Wizard to reinstall it for Smart Content goodness.   Will that break stuff or cause duplications or something?

No, the smart content is separate from the content installation.  You should be able to do it without duplication (unless you put user-facing files in really weird locations).

I have a ton of M4 products already installed in DS but without smart content metadata. From the comments above, it seems that with CW I will only need to locate all my M4 product zips and do a batch scan to add the metadata without duplicating currently installed files (amazing!).

Would there be a quick way to locate all my M4 products within >DIM>Downloads? (as I have thousands of products and perhaps not all of them will have M4 in the product name)

Unfortunately, no.  CW will NOT batch install smart content (just batch install to content library).  It tries its best but you always should check the smart content it is going to generate before installing.  It will get the content type correct (e.g., this is a pose or wardrobe, etc) but the correct pose (standing) is not happening.  Also, CW works best with more recent M4 zips.  It generates smart content for user-facing files (ones in People or Environments) that are not buried in the runtime library so it won't find anything to generate smart content for older products.

edited September 2020

Still no luck, alas. I had to open and close the script a couple of times to get it to do it's "this time we're going to load the bottom half" thing, and then it took a few tries to find a product zip that would work. The first one got an error about having no user-facing files (it was Poser-only though and more of a "will it handle this" test), and the next got an error about being unable to open the zip file (I checked the log but none of the "make sure that..." suggestions applied). Third time was the charm for opening, not so much for resizing.

Thank you so much for offering the custom version, I will send you a PM! And then never change my monitor, lol. It's such a bizarre thing to have happen! I have a 1070 Ti and so I'm still using 4.10, but all of the other scripts I have from you have worked in it without this particular problem (though they also don't resize beyond an automatic and permanent "twitch" to a slightly larger horizontal size if you click on the border anywhere, so maybe that's the size they're supposed to load in).

Ok, just sent you an email.  There is something weird on your system or configuration.  ALL of my scripts have resizable dialogs and "an automatic and permanent "twitch"" is not correct behavior.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Ok, just sent you an email.  There is something weird on your system or configuration.  ALL of my scripts have resizable dialogs and "an automatic and permanent "twitch"" is not correct behavior.

The fix worked perfectly! It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if something went haywire with my configuration that was impacting the original window or more likely, I did something, somewhere, that I don't remember. Fixing the size sorted everything out, though. The utility works beautifully, especially on those outfits that have five or six zip files, and it's so nice seeing things show up in smart content that I never expected to be able to find there when I bought them. Takes a little time to get everything set up since it makes a best guess that sometimes needs correction, but we knew that going in. Total gamechanger, it really is.

As always, thank you for your quick responses and dedication to getting problems sorted out, even when they're the result of system bugs and not the products themselves. You get us up and running again so fast, it really provides peace of mind and I always feel confident buying your stuff. Only problem is deciding what to get next, lol!

The fix worked perfectly! It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if something went haywire with my configuration that was impacting the original window or more likely, I did something, somewhere, that I don't remember. Fixing the size sorted everything out, though. The utility works beautifully, especially on those outfits that have five or six zip files, and it's so nice seeing things show up in smart content that I never expected to be able to find there when I bought them. Takes a little time to get everything set up since it makes a best guess that sometimes needs correction, but we knew that going in. Total gamechanger, it really is.

As always, thank you for your quick responses and dedication to getting problems sorted out, even when they're the result of system bugs and not the products themselves. You get us up and running again so fast, it really provides peace of mind and I always feel confident buying your stuff. Only problem is deciding what to get next, lol!

Wonderful.  I am glad it is working.  I will add that feature (optional fixed size window) to the next update.  Thank you for the kind words!

• Seems the ampersand issue still exist. I have two sets of wardrobe from Renderosity having "Sweet&Sexy" in the name. And also in various file paths. Usually, content from that vendor installs quite nice with Content Wizard, with almost no interaction form my side. These two sets don't. 

I also have another issue. Can I add a sub-category in the category dialog? Why would I wnat to do that?

Usually, characters come with a set of materials. The default path is Materials--Iray--<Gender>--<Name of character>--... With installs from non-DAZ sources, I would need to set the character name. The Categories dialog only shows me what's already in the database. Is there a way to do this in Content Wizard?

BTW, I love the product. It is worth every cent it costs smiley. Best buy on DAZ for long.

• Seems the ampersand issue still exist. I have two sets of wardrobe from Renderosity having "Sweet&Sexy" in the name. And also in various file paths. Usually, content from that vendor installs quite nice with Content Wizard, with almost no interaction form my side. These two sets don't. 

I also have another issue. Can I add a sub-category in the category dialog? Why would I wnat to do that?

Usually, characters come with a set of materials. The default path is Materials--Iray--<Gender>--<Name of character>--... With installs from non-DAZ sources, I would need to set the character name. The Categories dialog only shows me what's already in the database. Is there a way to do this in Content Wizard?

BTW, I love the product. It is worth every cent it costs smiley. Best buy on DAZ for long.

Sorry for the ampersand issue. 

Unfortunately, you cannot add a category right now.

The ampersand is not a big problem. The package installs well in the content library. as stated, Content Wizard is a must-have if you want to install 3rd party content. But having a way to modify categories would improve things quite a bit. I have a lot of packages (DAZ and other sources) that contain things for Genesis 3 and 8. Within the current organization of SmartContent, it is really hard to distinguish. Having the ability to add a new sub category would help so much. 

Any chance we see this in a future release?

The ampersand is not a big problem. The package installs well in the content library. as stated, Content Wizard is a must-have if you want to install 3rd party content. But having a way to modify categories would improve things quite a bit. I have a lot of packages (DAZ and other sources) that contain things for Genesis 3 and 8. Within the current organization of SmartContent, it is really hard to distinguish. Having the ability to add a new sub category would help so much. 

This would require a redesign of the category dialog.  I am sorry, but that would not be in a patch to the current version.  If I make an upgrade, I will add that feature.

• This might have been asked above but 23 pages is a lot to scan accurately. Apologies if this is repetition.

To use this product, is it necessary to have used the standard install of Daz, or can I manually point the product to the location of My Daz 3D in my library?

This would require a redesign of the category dialog.  I am sorry, but that would not be in a patch to the current version.  If I make an upgrade, I will add that feature.

I found a way around that. Rather simple. I install the content plus the SmartContent as per first analysis. then I "Save" my work, quiting Content Wizard. Then I start it again and the subcategory is there. Seems the DAZ Db engine automatically adds it.

If you plan a new version of CW, it would be nice to make it work on an existing product in the collection. Recently, DAZ assets tend to have horrible metadata. A "fix metadata" mode for "Content Wizard 2.x" would immediately move it to my shopping cart laugh

• This might have been asked above but 23 pages is a lot to scan accurately. Apologies if this is repetition.

To use this product, is it necessary to have used the standard install of Daz, or can I manually point the product to the location of My Daz 3D in my library?

No, you can point it to your location.  

I found a way around that. Rather simple. I install the content plus the SmartContent as per first analysis. then I "Save" my work, quiting Content Wizard. Then I start it again and the subcategory is there. Seems the DAZ Db engine automatically adds it.

Nice.

If you plan a new version of CW, it would be nice to make it work on an existing product in the collection. Recently, DAZ assets tend to have horrible metadata. A "fix metadata" mode for "Content Wizard 2.x" would immediately move it to my shopping cart laugh

I have noticed this.  

No, you can point it to your location.  

Awesome, it's in my wishlist and I look forward to trying it out! I imagine I'll find all kinds of content I've forgotten about.

• Just adding that if there was a way of getting this script to ferret out and remove broken metadata links, I would throw my wallet at the screen a second time. Hard enough to have it stick there through a dozen paychecks, I swear.

• Just adding that if there was a way of getting this script to ferret out and remove broken metadata links, I would throw my wallet at the screen a second time. Hard enough to have it stick there through a dozen paychecks, I swear.

Sorry, I don't think that feature is coming any time soon. sad

Sorry, I don't think that feature is coming any time soon. sad

Sad face. I understand, though- just because something sounds like a good idea doesn't mean it's possible.

Smartprops with hierarchical poses take forever to complete Smart Contenting.  Do those require figure loading as well, or are there other reasons?

Also, about ID numbers: are they store specific?

• Sevrin said:

Smartprops with hierarchical poses take forever to complete Smart Contenting.  Do those require figure loading as well, or are there other reasons?

I don't think so but I don't remember off the top of my head quite honestly.

Sevrin said:

Also, about ID numbers: are they store specific?

I *hope* so but that is up to the DS database.  The script calls the DS routine with the store and ID.  I hope they key off of store and id and not just id.