Purchases not appearing in my install manager

Comments

• DMaxDMax Posts: 637
    edited August 2020
    NorthOf45 said:

Follow the earlier instructions to get DIM to recognize them so they can be installed properly after manual download.

@NorthOf45 Thanks so much for the instructions... I just made a big purchase of almost 100 items from the dollar sale and had to manually download and install them all. Of course I had some queries about whether or not to download some "PS" and "StudioCF" (??) files but only went with "DS" files and ignored the others. Fingers crossed :P

Also, there were some "template" files which I downloaded but they are now sitting in my DIM>Downloads directory and doesn't look like they have been installed (no .dsx shadow files)

I really am just an end-end-end user and don't enjoy having to work around these technical issues which we really shouldn't have to dance around. Sigh.

Post edited by DMax on
  • kylumikylumi Posts: 291

Neither Daz Central or DIM are working for me.....got a whole bunch of items to purchase, but luckily I only purchased two, nothing showed up yet.sad 

• KnightKnight Posts: 33

Not working for me, either.

• kylumikylumi Posts: 291

I've taken everything out of my cart now....i'm not manually installingsad

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183
    DMax said:
    NorthOf45 said:

Follow the earlier instructions to get DIM to recognize them so they can be installed properly after manual download.

@NorthOf45 Thanks so much for the instructions... I just made a big purchase of almost 100 items from the dollar sale and had to manually download and install them all. Of course I had some queries about whether or not to download some "PS" and "StudioCF" (??) files but only went with "DS" files and ignored the others. Fingers crossed :P

Also, there were some "template" files which I downloaded but they are now sitting in my DIM>Downloads directory and doesn't look like they have been installed (no .dsx shadow files)

I really am just an end-end-end user and don't enjoy having to work around these technical issues which we really shouldn't have to dance around. Sigh.

This is really an unusual occurrence. There have been times when DIM was out of sorts for a couple of hours, but it didn't really last longer than that, but, it is the weekend, so probably fewer bodies to deal with it. Seamless, they said...

Anyway. You will definitely need those StudioCF, they usually contain DS-native material presets, which will be a definite improvement over the Poser materials. And if there is a StudioCF, you will need the Ps version because that has the geometry and the files that load it. And, finally, don't expect much in the way of Smart Content in the old Poser files. In DIM, there is a checkmark next to installed products that indicate if the product is considered "Smart".

Templates don't get installed, as they are really only needed if you will be making your own texture bitmaps, and use them as a guide.

• PsychoPsycho Posts: 21
    Note: it is not recommended to mix DIM installations with Connect (inside Studio). They use different folder structures and Connect will overrde anything installed with DIM. There is no need to login to DAZ from Studio if you do not want to use Connect.

I don't use Connect, but something happens (even after a successful DIM install) when I log in (i.e. connect with the Daz servers) from Daz Studio: it says "updating metadata" for however many items I've just installed (and then "metadata updated successfully" or something along those lines) so I normally do this once after the DIM has installed stuff. One small difference I've noticed as a result of this is that the little descriptors overlaid onto the product icons (e.g. "Actor") will disappear if I rename the product *after* this metadata update...but if I install something via DIM and then rename it without first updating the metadata from within Daz Studio, the overlay stays in place. I have no idea what any of that means under the hood: are you saying I should stay offline if I'm doing all my installing via DIM?

Note that this situation is quite unique, and hasn't happened on this scale, AFAIK.

I'm surprised it still hasn't been fixed. Thank you for your reassurance that I won't mess things up by installing the products manually: I'll do that tonight if the automated system's still down.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183
    Psycho said:
    Note: it is not recommended to mix DIM installations with Connect (inside Studio). They use different folder structures and Connect will overrde anything installed with DIM. There is no need to login to DAZ from Studio if you do not want to use Connect.

I don't use Connect, but something happens (even after a successful DIM install) when I log in (i.e. connect with the Daz servers) from Daz Studio: it says "updating metadata" for however many items I've just installed (and then "metadata updated successfully" or something along those lines) so I normally do this once after the DIM has installed stuff. One small difference I've noticed as a result of this is that the little descriptors overlaid onto the product icons (e.g. "Actor") will disappear if I rename the product *after* this metadata update...but if I install something via DIM and then rename it without first updating the metadata from within Daz Studio, the overlay stays in place. I have no idea what any of that means under the hood: are you saying I should stay offline if I'm doing all my installing via DIM?

There should be no difference in the metadata content, wherever it comes from. Are you sure it is only updating the metadata and not installing the product all over again, in a different location? Because logging in to DAZ from Studio is basically using Connect (but I'm no expert, I refused it from the beginning). The metadata in the DIM should be adding the content-type colored flashes to each item, anyway, and defining everything that is needed for Smart Content, as good as it is.

Psycho said:
    Note that this situation is quite unique, and hasn't happened on this scale, AFAIK.

I'm surprised it still hasn't been fixed. Thank you for your reassurance that I won't mess things up by installing the products manually: I'll do that tonight if the automated system's still down.

Be careful when saying manual install. That term is generally understood to mean copying directly from the zip file to the folder structure. This is the method used by some who do not want anything to do with any database or other interference in their pursuit of art. Manually downloading to use with DIM is not a manual install, since you are merely skirting around the (broken) download pipeline in DIM, and using DIM to install normally.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

Happening to me too but I discovered a trick 

Go to smart content and you'll see its picture in black and white, right click and click install and hope it goes to the drive you want 

I still can't find measure metrics even after searching it under all products so it's not working for everything 

Install Manager and Daz Central are both down for me too 

What you just did is install the product with Daz Connect. It will go into a completely different folder structure than folders used by DIM. 

• DMaxDMax Posts: 637
    edited August 2020
    barbult said:

What you just did is install the product with Daz Connect. It will go into a completely different folder structure than folders used by DIM. 

@Barbult Our previous conversation (about the leggings, remember?) saved me from the above Daz Connect disaster and together with NorthOf45's instructions above, I managed to install 95 items ($1 sales are my Achilles heel) through a manual download followed by DIM installation. It's so complicated cheeky

I am actually now sitting down and learning in earnest to use my huge collection of (previously untouched) pre-Genesis products... it isn't as straightforward as I have to go through every subfolder one by one but I am thrilled to see that most of them are actually not as terrible as I thought without iray materials.

Post edited by DMax on
  • TirickTirick Posts: 225

Items I purchased this afternoon appear, but not the ones I purchased this evening (this sale is crazy). I wonder if they are having syncing issues with their db. I had difficulty getting it to respond after selecting a payment method as well.

Manually downloading and installing appears to have worked. Most appear in the 'right' categories. Some are older files so I'm not sure they work with the smart content anyway. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    DMax said:
    barbult said:

@Barbult Our previous conversation (about the leggings, remember?) saved me from the above Daz Connect disaster and together with NorthOf45's instructions above, I managed to install 95 items ($1 sales are my Achilles heel) through a manual download followed by DIM installation. It's so complicated cheeky

I am actually now sitting down and learning in earnest to use my huge collection of (previously untouched) pre-Genesis products... it isn't as straightforward as I have to go through every subfolder one by one but I am thrilled to see that most of them are actually not as terrible as I thought without iray materials.

I don't remember that specific discussion, its complicated winkremembering every post, you know. But if I saved you from disaster, that is good!

• Interesting turn of events. I signed into DIM this morning, and the product that wasn't appearing yesterday is in fact appearing now.

But when I click to download it, it immediately gives me "Download Failed!".

It is only happening on that one product purchased yesterday when these issues started. Other products purchased before this date download fine.

Very frustrating.

• Same here

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712

Interesting turn of events. I signed into DIM this morning, and the product that wasn't appearing yesterday is in fact appearing now.

It is only happening on that one product purchased yesterday when these issues started. Other products purchased before this date download fine.

Very frustrating.

is it a steampunk flying machine?

• I opened my DIM up this morning, and the items were waiting to be downloaded and did so fine :-)

• ironclawxiiironclawxii Posts: 172
    edited August 2020

Interesting turn of events. I signed into DIM this morning, and the product that wasn't appearing yesterday is in fact appearing now.

Very frustrating.

is it a steampunk flying machine?

Nope, it's a HDRI set released a few months back. Must be effecting whatever was purchased yesterday during the issues.

Post edited by ironclawxii on
  • pascal023pascal023 Posts: 22
    edited August 2020

New sales items (bought yesterday) still not available in DazCentral here.

Post edited by pascal023 on
  • Update from me. The item I purchased yesterday has appeared in DIM overnight. It wasn't installing a few hours ago, but I tried it just now and it's working.

However, I just bought another item ten minutes ago. That one is not appearing in DIM, just like the one before it. So there are obviously still issues.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    edited August 2020

I made a purchase with over 100 items and DIM is pretending that my order doesn't exist - not a single one of the over 100 products I purchased last is in DIM. I REALLY hope I don't have to manually download them one by one. I know the trick - manually download them into the folder that DIM can recognize so that they can at least be installed via DIM, but that's still a pain in the bottom. I really hope that this is just a bug and that it will be fixed and that it's not how DIM is supposed to be behaving now... with the several changes to the store lately, I have to wonder if this is intended behaviour or not. I REALLY hope not.

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Hello everyone. I just wanted to say that I am having the same problem as everyone else. I know that manual install is possible, but I just wanted to write as a way to express my dissatisfaction. Perhaps this will somehow have the right people fix the problem (?). I downloaded: 

Romantic Poses for Genesis 8 Female(s) and Male(s)

Winter Dweller for Genesis 8 Male(s)

Axel Hair for Genesis Male(s)

They do not show up in my Install Manager. Or if I happen to click Install To Manager, the product will show up in Install Manager but will fail to install. 

sad

Anyway, I hope this problem gets fixed. I even downloaded Daz Central thinking it would solve the problem, but of course, it didn't.

• ironclawxiiironclawxii Posts: 172
    edited August 2020
    3Diva said:

I made a purchase with over 100 items and DIM is pretending that my order doesn't exist - not a single one of the over 100 products I purchased last is in DIM. I REALLY hope I don't have to manually download them one by one. I know the trick - manually download them into the folder that DIM can recognize so that they can at least be installed via DIM, but that's still a pain in the bottom. I really hope that this is just a bug and that it will be fixed and that it's not how DIM is supposed to be behaving now... with the several changes to the store lately, I have to wonder if this is intended behaviour or not. I REALLY hope not.

I think it will sort itself out eventually. I am in the same boat. I know how to manually install but that's not the point. I want DIM to work because it's what I use.

I bought something yesterday. It appeared in DIM overnight. I woke up and it's now there. Maybe just wait a few hours and see?

I bought something else today and now that is not appearing. Same as the previous item yesterday. So there's definitely still issues going on.

Post edited by ironclawxii on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    edited August 2020

if I happen to click Install To Manager, the product will show up in Install Manager but will fail to install

Yep, same here. I've tried several times and it just keeps saying "Failed to Install". 

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • No changes for me. Products still not showing. This is putting me off purchasing anything until it's resolved.

• Yea same issue here. 

• azoohouseazoohouse Posts: 660

Me too, purchases not in DIM

• Same here. My new purchases do not appear in "Ready to Download" tab.

• Having similar issues with new purchases not appearing in DIM. Downloading works well enough for me as I'm not a massive buyer, but I hope they figure it all out soon as it's a lot easier to keep things updated via DIM.
  • windli3356windli3356 Posts: 219
    NorthOf45 said:

Happened to me as well after 30th.  my purchased content no longer synced to my Daz center, sure I can mannually install it, but use them in Daz liberay would be a pain, I'd like them to be in my smart content page. 

I know I can do that, but I perfer smart content, so rather install them from Daz center 

• I have some 10 items purchased this weekend. Neither IM or DazCentral see or install them. Manual install is confusing and didn't work on the one Item I tried it with. I cannot and will not buy more stuff from the wishlist till this is fixed. I don't want to screw something up and have wipe DAZ for a new install, that would take a couple of days with some 2,000 items to install plus the 3ed party manual installs.

• They're losing money and we're missing out on deals. It's 10am in Utah so tech support should be on it by now.