Purchases not appearing in my install manager

Its never happened before and i'm doing nothing different... the purchases appear in my orders and product libary on the website but they don't appear in install manager.. any ideas on what to do now?

thanks.. 

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712

I had this happen with my last two

mentioned it in the sale thread but others haven't mentioned it, hoping will turn up eventually otherwise one can download the zips and DIM should install them

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663

This has been happening a lot just lately.  It happened to me earlier on today & had to manually download the files

• It's comforting to know it's not just me but how straight forward is it to manually download .and install products?... is it the same process as when you buy stuff from renderosity? 

i've got 2 pro bundles so there are a lot of individual items.

• Same issue, I just bought something and it's not appearing. I don't want to manual install. Everything else I do is through DIM, it's a matter of convenience. I hope they fix it.

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

Same with me... first time for me. Opened a ticket.

• I had this happen with my last two

mentioned it in the sale thread but others haven't mentioned it, hoping will turn up eventually otherwise one can download the zips and DIM should install them

i'd like to know how to get DIM to install the manually downloaded zip?

• This is also happening to me

• Those ThingsThose Things Posts: 1,113

Same.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183

Download the files manually into the folder you use for DIM. Start or refresh DIM when finished. They will appear in the list and you can install as ususal.

• NorthOf45 said:

Download the files manually into the folder you use for DIM. Start or refresh DIM when finished. They will appear in the list and you can install as ususal.

This hasn't worked for me

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663

Manually download the files and place them in DIM's Download Folder,  Start DIM and select Work Offline,  They should then appear in the Ready To Install tab

edited August 2020

charonsfare said:

NorthOf45 said:

Is a corresponding .dsx file for each .zip created during the refresh?

(Edit to quote previous. I really have to do that more often)

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
  • NorthOf45 said:

Not worked for me either... i click on the download and install tab on the "my orders" page and DIM opens automatically but the product isn't there.

My only access to the files is via the zip folder but when i extract and transfer them to my Daz 3D library they only appear in the content library and not the smart content library.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

Are your DIM download filters configured to show the type of product you purchased? For example, if it was old RDNA Poser stuff, do you have the DIM download filter for Poser enabled (check mark on it)?

barbult said:

Are your DIM download filters configured to show the type of product you purchased? For example, if it was old RDNA Poser stuff, do you have the DIM download filter for Poser enabled (check mark on it)?

yes, I use Poser and my previous cart that worked 30 mins before was also RDNA stuffs

NorthOf45 said:

Not worked for me either... i click on the download and install tab on the "my orders" page and DIM opens automatically but the product isn't there.

My only access to the files is via the zip folder but when i extract and transfer them to my Daz 3D library they only appear in the content library and not the smart content library.

Smart Content is dependent on the metadata, which gets pulled in when you install the product. Copying the contents into the library folders does not accomplish that.

The "Download and Install" button in the Product Library just does the same as opening DIM and filtering by product number, so not really doing anything different. To download manually, use the "Download zip" button in the "Manual Install" column. Save the files to the folder you normally use with DIM. Start or refresh DIM. (Offline or not, I don't think it makes a difference, but Offline will not get the order ID, date purchased, or any other info that comes from your account on site).

This will (should) create a .dsx file in the same folder that DIM will use to identify the product and, hopefully, list it in the "Ready to Install" tab. If it does not, something is seriously broken. If the .dsx is there, check your download filters to include all versions of DAZ Studio, Poser, or any other software that you are using.

• Add me to the list.  Purchase last night:

Character Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8

Genesis 3 Character UVs for Genesis 8 Female

XTransfer - Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Converter

Nothing showing up in DAZ Central or Install Manager.  Had to manually download, but its been a long time since I installed manually and of course the scripts don't show up in DAZ.  

• Platnumk said:

Manually download the files and place them in DIM's Download Folder,  Start DIM and select Work Offline,  They should then appear in the Ready To Install tab

Thank you... once i understood the instructions it worked!

1, download zip file.

2, locate DIM download folder....C> user> public> public documents> Daz 3d> installmanager> downloads (in my case)

3, place zip (as is) in download folder.

4 open DIM.

5 look in the ready to install tab

(if you go back and look in the download folder you will see that a dsx file has been created above the zip file)

• Platnumk said:

1, download zip file.

2, locate DIM download folder....C> user> public> public documents> Daz 3d> installmanager> downloads (in my case)

4 open DIM.

(if you go back and look in the download folder you will see that a dsx file has been created above the zip file)

When I follow that path, instead of downloads I get filters - any chance this is contributing to the isssue? 

• NorthOf45 said:
    NorthOf45 said:

Smart Content is dependent on the metadata, which gets pulled in when you install the product. Copying the contents into the library folders does not accomplish that.

The "Download and Install" button in the Product Library just does the same as opening DIM and filtering by product number, so not really doing anything different. To download manually, use the "Download zip" button in the "Manual Install" column. Save the files to the folder you normally use with DIM. Start or refresh DIM. (Offline or not, I don't think it makes a difference, but Offline will not get the order ID, date purchased, or any other info that comes from your account on site).

This will (should) create a .dsx file in the same folder that DIM will use to identify the product and, hopefully, list it in the "Ready to Install" tab. If it does not, something is seriously broken. If the .dsx is there, check your download filters to include all versions of DAZ Studio, Poser, or any other software that you are using.

Thank you for this... i was getting snagged up on my understanding of DIM's download folder, once i understood and then located it it was plain sailing.

• Platnumk said:

1, download zip file.

4 open DIM.

Worked like a charm for me! Thanks a !ot!

• Still an issue this morning, first time this has happened for me.

• Add me to the list. Products do not appear in DIM or Central. Had trouble at the checkout as well today. Plus Central wouldn't update, had to manually download. 

I've submitted 3 tickets this week due to issues with DIM and my PC+ account vanishing.

Platnumk said:

1, download zip file.

4 open DIM.

When I follow that path, instead of downloads I get filters - any chance this is contributing to the isssue? 

The filters for DIM go in a standard location, they're just a bunch of text files. Your Package Archive should not be using the same folder for downloads.

• windli3356windli3356 Posts: 219

Happened to me as well after 30th.  my purchased content no longer synced to my Daz center, sure I can mannually install it, but use them in Daz liberay would be a pain, I'd like them to be in my smart content page. 

Happened to me as well after 30th.  my purchased content no longer synced to my Daz center, sure I can mannually install it, but use them in Daz liberay would be a pain, I'd like them to be in my smart content page. 

Follow the earlier instructions to get DIM to recognize them so they can be installed properly after manual download.

I don't use smart content so manually downloading them worked

bought more same issue so hope fixed eventually as a nuisance

• BandoriFanBandoriFan Posts: 364

Happening to me too but I discovered a trick 

Go to smart content and you'll see its picture in black and white, right click and click install and hope it goes to the drive you want 

I still can't find measure metrics even after searching it under all products so it's not working for everything 

Install Manager and Daz Central are both down for me too 

• PsychoPsycho Posts: 21

Me too: my latest order just isn't there to be installed, in the DIM. Given that it's affecting all of us, and others have submitted tickets, I'm assuming Daz are working on it already so won't add to the pile of support requests. If I were in a hurry I'd try the manual download method now, but I don't want *any* inconsistencies whatsoever in my setup: can anyone reassure me that, after a successful login (in Daz Studio itself) and update of metadata, the resulting installation would be *identical* to one that the DIM had done online as usual? If there's even the slightest difference (e.g. even just some missing purchase information, as described by NorthOf45, in the DIM metadata...so that, for example, if I tried to sort packages by "order date", the manually installed packages would now be out of sequence) then I'd prefer to wait until the issue is fixed so that the DIM can install my content as usual. I'm guessing it could be a bit of both: installing packages manually would indeed result in a less-than-perfect installation...but this could be fixed very easily later on by sorting the list by "order date" so that all the packages lacking that information were grouped together, uninstalling those packages, and then restarting the DIM to have them appear in the available downloads?

Psycho said:

Me too: my latest order just isn't there to be installed, in the DIM. Given that it's affecting all of us, and others have submitted tickets, I'm assuming Daz are working on it already so won't add to the pile of support requests. If I were in a hurry I'd try the manual download method now, but I don't want *any* inconsistencies whatsoever in my setup: can anyone reassure me that, after a successful login (in Daz Studio itself) and update of metadata, the resulting installation would be *identical* to one that the DIM had done online as usual? If there's even the slightest difference (e.g. even just some missing purchase information, as described by NorthOf45, in the DIM metadata...so that, for example, if I tried to sort packages by "order date", the manually installed packages would now be out of sequence) then I'd prefer to wait until the issue is fixed so that the DIM can install my content as usual. I'm guessing it could be a bit of both: installing packages manually would indeed result in a less-than-perfect installation...but this could be fixed very easily later on by sorting the list by "order date" so that all the packages lacking that information were grouped together, uninstalling those packages, and then restarting the DIM to have them appear in the available downloads?

You can safely download and install as I have outlined and everything will be 100% the same as far as functionality and smart content are concerned. Even if you do it offline, all the manifests will be re-created, or at least refreshed, so no info will be lost. The next time you refresh DIM (once the system is working properly), the proper info should get added. If the server end is borked, the manifests might not get the complete info anyway, or might not recognize your purchase, and will enter some default values (i.e., the date would be the first time DIM saw the file). Note that this situation is quite unique, and hasn't happened on this scale, AFAIK.

Note: it is not recommended to mix DIM installations with Connect (inside Studio). They use different folder structures and Connect will overrde anything installed with DIM. There is no need to login to DAZ from Studio if you do not want to use Connect.