oh now we can post

2»

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,684
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    We haven't been told exactly what they are working on.

Thanks for the update though.

• unrulywitchunrulywitch Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

testing sig,avatar funkiness

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited December 1969

Is anyone else being logged out every time they they leave DAZ... or is this some cookie issue?

Mmmmmmm cooooookies.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,164
    edited May 2012

I'm not worried, we've been told (by a knowlegable person) that there was testing of the the shop and website by select groups and everything was OK.

I read it in the forums so it must be true and we couldn't possibly be having problems.

"Hello, this is your pilot, those moutain tops you see above us are not an issue. My altimiter says we are above their level. Although I have to admit those trees up ahead look pretty big." 8-o

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

I'm not worried, we've been told (by a knowlegable person) that there was testing of the the shop and website by select groups and everything was OK.

I read it in the forums so it must be true and we couldn't possibly be having problems.

"Hello, this is your pilot, those moutain tops you see above us are not an issue. My altimiter says we are above their level. Although I have to admit those trees up ahead look pretty big." 8-o

Man, I needed a good laugh.
    Thanks
    LOL!

• donchan1donchan1 Posts: 48
    edited May 2012

cool so now I can post again but what happened to my AVATAR? !

Post edited by donchan1 on
  • GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,476
    edited December 1969

a bit bumpy

Way to stay positive!

In all sincerity, I hope that the teams' take away is that this conversion was COMPLETE disaster. All of this should have been handled in a sandbox, until at least the major bugs were ironed out. Just imagine for a moment if something like a large bank site proceeded with a site conversion the way DAZ has. Ok, second's up. See what I mean. To many of your loyal fans/customers this has been about as disruptive as a death in the family.

I look forward to the problems being ironed out and really hope that NEXT time, your team remembers these hard lessons.

I'm pulling for DAZ all the way, but I don't think putting a makeup on a dog is a good idea.

edited May 2012

Frank0314 said:

I remember completing sofware products successfully while working on acid*. I'm afraid to think what they're working on. 8-o

(* Although what I remember, and what was, may differ! :-s )

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Frank0314 said:
    They are working on making it more like the old forum.

Are we going to have a section under our names for location? or does everyone have to go to our profiles to read that?

Does anyone at DAZ talk to anyone else?
    They don't seem to like talking to their customers, and it appears that they don't even talk to their web site admins. :-S

The DAZ motto must be "Loose Lips Sink Ships". :zip:

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,921
    edited May 2012

As you can see, my sig is my only identification at this point...

What I want to know is will we be able to choose a darker skin? As an illustrator, a blank white color needs to be filled with something, or it looks unfinished to me! Also the glare is too tiring, otherwise, I'm really glad that I don't have to manually input a BBC code for color/Italics/Bold/size anymore!

The only flaw is the formatting is screwy in that you have to select each line/paragraph rather than simply highlighting the entire text in order for it to work for the entire post...Which is very odd, as I've never seen that...Ever..

!_TZOKHEGIN2.jpg
    100 x 78 - 8K
    Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

donchan1 said:
    cool so now I can post again but what happened to my AVATAR? !

It went to Dr.Phil for counseling due to drepression of being detached from you!! :ohh:

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited May 2012

Apart from other things in the new forum, which disapointed me, I'm not very happy how the new forum handles pictures. All pictures are at the end of a post. That's i.m.o. not a good idea.

Sometimes it makes more sense to have a break with text between the different pictures. Some users like to tell us stories. Others explain us in a tutorial step by step how something works. In that cases it makes sense that you can change the position of a picture.

I don't also like that I can't quote pictures. How should I comment on a post with a beautiful picture, when between my comment and the posted picture are 5 pages with more or less relatated comments or other pictures from different users. ESPECIALLY IN CHALLENGES you can't comment on user's entries without quoting the releated picture. For that reason i think, that challenges are currently not makes a sense.

PS: Has anybody else noticed, that this board don't allow breaks in the text. I've set the breaks between the lines in this text manually with

Post edited by RCTSpanky on
  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,921
    edited May 2012

*Snipperoni*
    PS: Has anybody else noticed, that this board don't allow breaks in the text. I've set the breaks between the lines in this text manually with

Ahhh, that's why I have to highlight each paragraph in order to B-code the entire post! That's the most archaic thing I ever encountered while using a forum, it's like having to manually type in a BBC code every time in order to....Oh, wait... :ohh: (J/K)

!_TZOKHEGIN2.jpg
    100 x 78 - 8K
    Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

Still can't post. It just doesn't work. Is anyone else not able to post? Man, I wish I could post.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Apart from other things in the new forum, which disapointed me, I'm not very happy how the new forum handles pictures. All pictures are at the end of a post. That's i.m.o. not a good idea.

Sometimes it makes more sense to have a break with text between the different pictures. Some users like to tell us stories. Others explain us in a tutorial step by step how something works. In that cases it makes sense that you can change the position of a picture.

I don't also like that I can't quote pictures. How should I comment on a post with a beautiful picture, when between my comment and the posted picture are 5 pages with more or less relatated comments or other pictures from different users. ESPECIALLY IN CHALLENGES you can't comment on user's entries without quoting the releated picture. For that reason i think, that challenges are currently not makes a sense.

I believe if you hit the return key (enter) 3 times it will create a break.

Yes that is true.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DzFire said:
    Still can't post. It just doesn't work. Is anyone else not able to post? Man, I wish I could post.

What? You're reading loud and clear, DzFire!!

For break between lines, just add a space before typing the return-key.
  • DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

DzFire said:

What? You're reading loud and clear, DzFire!!

For break between lines, just add a space before typing the return-key.

Nope, still doesn't work ;)

edited May 2012

How many days since the new website came on-line?

Today I discovered that after I log in, my name is incorrect. I am "LeatherGryphon" and I see my wishlist and personal information (yea!) but I also see the following message at the top of the "New Releases" webpage. I see "NOT junichi shimazski?" 8-o Despite the truth that I am indeed "not" junichi shimazski, that question doesn't infuse me with confidence! :-(

And what's up with them keeping my credit cards that I told them to forget? Hello?... My trust in their policies is waning.

I don't know how many times I tried to purchase something from the new store and some glitch or other stopped me. Some items in the store are/were advertised at one price but show up in the shopping cart at another. And the forums are still a shambles. I'm actually surprised that I have been able to keep things in my wishlist, which is pointless because I've given up trying to buy things. Of course the things I wanted were on sale but the sale won't last forever.

I ask again, how many days since the new website came on-line?

I know this has all been said before but I am flabbergasted at the absurd & inept way this transition has been handled. :-( This is not just a "bumpy" transistion (*grrr*). All these types of problems should have been identified and resolved in a testbed long before the system ever went live.

We're expected to believe that experts are on the case and this will all be resolved "soon" But this is a situation where "soon" exceeds disappointing and becomes laughable.

Could I have done a better job? Probably not, but I'm sure that I would have screamed bloody murder and flung dung balls at the management personnel who forced me to go live before I was confident in the functionality of the system, and start interviewing for a new employer.

Conversely if I were management who had been told that the system was ready to go live and this happened, I would have screamed bloody murder and flung dung balls at the responsible engineer and start interviewing for new engineers.

If I were 20 years younger I could continue this rant ad absurdum but I'm getting old, my fingers are arthritic, I really don't care that much, and I lost 90% of you after my first paragraph. :-s

(edited too many times to try to get spaces between the paragraphs. :-( What's with this need to enter a "space" then "
    " at the end of paragraphs? What is this, the 20th century?
    )

I'd love to have used a slew of smileys or emoticons but I have no great trust in how images are handled yet. :-(

• CD_2012CD_2012 Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

...And what's up with them keeping my credit cards that I told them to forget? Hello?... My trust in their policies is waning....(

Having read this, I just deleted all Credit Cards in my account. I'm actually not posting here (until they change the look of the Forums), and I've just been reading several posts. I'm glad I read this one. If I do make any purchases, I'll just add my CC information, then. Thanks for your post, LeatherGryphon!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,684
    edited December 1969

The credit cards in the account are not useable without the three or four digit number that is printed on the card.

edited December 1969

True, but that's like saying your car isn't stealable without the key. Doesn't stop the determined thief.

Much better to not park your car in the bad neighborhoods.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,476
    edited December 1969

It still won't accept me avatar image for some reason. Grrrr.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Greybro said:
    It still won't accept me avatar image for some reason. Grrrr.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15235/

I am locking this thread now, so it won't get necromanced again.

This discussion has been closed.