DAZ Studio Pro BETA - version 4.6.3.29!

Comments

• BackDoor3DBackDoor3D Posts: 160
    edited December 1969

rbtwhiz said:
    Update on the Mac PostgreSQL CMS issue... (sorry, I don't have time to respond to anything else at the moment)

There was an update, pushed to the server earlier today, that fixed the permissions issues on the executable files within the package; what I suspected to be at play, was part of the issue. That same update should also fix the “not found in zip” error... along with a few other minor tweaks to labeling.

The other part of the issue, also permissions related, isn't actually the package that is at fault. It's the fact that Install Manager Helper (a helper application that handles elevated permissions when needed), after installing the PostgreSQL package, starts the PostgreSQL server and that helper is elevated. PostgreSQL will not run correctly if executed with elevated permissions. We will be updating Install Manager to account for this in the near future. In the meantime, you should be able to start using PostgreSQL CMS if you do the following:

- Install PostgreSQL CMS
    - Close Install Manager
    - Delete the ~/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/cms/ContentCluster folder (if it exists)
    - Start Install Manager or DAZ Studio

This works because: closing Install Manager closes the [elevated] Install Manager Helper, deleting the folder deletes the database with the wrong permissions (if one was created), and neither Install Manager nor DAZ Studio are elevated when initially launched - so when either one starts the PostgreSQL server, it does so with the proper permissions and creates the ContentCluster folder with the proper permissions.

-Rob

Cheers Rob. That did the trick.

On a brighter note, I must congratulate all of you at DAZ, this is the most awesome release to date! Well done and keep up the excellent work.

DAZ Studio is awesome! :)

Stiks

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,171
    edited December 1969

When I stated that "ZoneAlarm and PostgreSQL do not play well with each other", I was speaking from first hand experience.

Prior to investigating PostgreSQL as a potential replacement for Valentina, I used ZoneAlarm on multiple personal machines in my home. I didn't just use the free version, I've paid for multiple seats of the Extreme Security subscription (and Pro or Pro + Antivirus before that) for the past ~14 years and have been religious about keeping it up to date that entire time. I was [obviously] very satisfied with the product.

When we first started investigating PostgreSQL, I quickly noticed that I could not connect to it at home. Honestly, I fully expected that at first. I tried various things to get it to connect. No matter what I did, no matter what "zone" I put it in, no matter what ports I granted access to, no matter how much I relaxed my settings, no matter if I disabled it completely, it simply would not connect - it would timeout, every single time.

Mildly frustrated by this, I had members of the software team install the free version on machines in the office, to try and figure out why it wouldn't connect - after all, if it happened to me, chances are it would happen to some of our users too. With a couple of the usual minor tweaks, we were able to get the free version (the version that is less configurable) to connect... but it was slow to do so. So, for about two weeks after that I tried everything I could think of at home... nothing worked. That is, until I uninstalled ZoneAlarm completely. Then it would connect without issue, and quickly. I then tried installing the free version, and I was able to configure it so that it would connect, but it was slow... just like it was in the office. So, I uninstalled the free version... I wanted the version I've been paying for to work.

At that point I was curious... ZoneAlarm was already uninstalled, I may as well try others to see if they exhibit the same issue. To my surprise (dismay?)... they worked, with minimal configuration. And they were reasonably fast. So after another round of reinstalling ZoneAlarm Extreme Security and configuring it to allow the connection, and having it refuse to do so... I decided it was appropriate to put more time into evaluating one of the alternatives. Currently, that is Comodo... and so far, I have not been disappointed.

-Rob

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

rbtwhiz said:
    When I stated that "ZoneAlarm and PostgreSQL do not play well with each other", I was speaking from first hand experience.

Prior to investigating PostgreSQL as a potential replacement for Valentina, I used ZoneAlarm on multiple personal machines in my home. I didn't just use the free version, I've paid for multiple seats of the Extreme Security subscription (and Pro or Pro + Antivirus before that) for the past ~14 years and have been religious about keeping it up to date that entire time. I was [obviously] very satisfied with the product.

When we first started investigating PostgreSQL, I quickly noticed that I could not connect to it at home. Honestly, I fully expected that at first. I tried various things to get it to connect. No matter what I did, no matter what "zone" I put it in, no matter what ports I granted access to, no matter how much I relaxed my settings, no matter if I disabled it completely, it simply would not connect - it would timeout, every single time.

Mildly frustrated by this, I had members of the software team install the free version on machines in the office, to try and figure out why it wouldn't connect - after all, if it happened to me, chances are it would happen to some of our users too. With a couple of the usual minor tweaks, we were able to get the free version (the version that is less configurable) to connect... but it was slow to do so. So, for about two weeks after that I tried everything I could think of at home... nothing worked. That is, until I uninstalled ZoneAlarm completely. Then it would connect without issue, and quickly. I then tried installing the free version, and I was able to configure it so that it would connect, but it was slow... just like it was in the office. So, I uninstalled the free version... I wanted the version I've been paying for to work.

At that point I was curious... ZoneAlarm was already uninstalled, I may as well try others to see if they exhibit the same issue. To my surprise (dismay?)... they worked, with minimal configuration. And they were reasonably fast. So after another round of reinstalling ZoneAlarm Extreme Security and configuring it to allow the connection, and having it refuse to do so... I decided it was appropriate to put more time into evaluating one of the alternatives. Currently, that is Comodo... and so far, I have not been disappointed.

-Rob

to bad Zonealarm doesn't work - that's the only one I have used or will use .
    so if will not work good with the PostgreSQL then guess some of us will have to stop using DS .

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

rbtwhiz said:
    Update on the Mac PostgreSQL CMS issue... (sorry, I don't have time to respond to anything else at the moment)

There was an update, pushed to the server earlier today, that fixed the permissions issues on the executable files within the package; what I suspected to be at play, was part of the issue. That same update should also fix the “not found in zip” error... along with a few other minor tweaks to labeling.

The other part of the issue, also permissions related, isn't actually the package that is at fault. It's the fact that Install Manager Helper (a helper application that handles elevated permissions when needed), after installing the PostgreSQL package, starts the PostgreSQL server and that helper is elevated. PostgreSQL will not run correctly if executed with elevated permissions. We will be updating Install Manager to account for this in the near future. In the meantime, you should be able to start using PostgreSQL CMS if you do the following:

- Install PostgreSQL CMS
    - Close Install Manager
    - Delete the ~/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/cms/ContentCluster folder (if it exists)

This works because: closing Install Manager closes the [elevated] Install Manager Helper, deleting the folder deletes the database with the wrong permissions (if one was created), and neither Install Manager nor DAZ Studio are elevated when initially launched - so when either one starts the PostgreSQL server, it does so with the proper permissions and creates the ContentCluster folder with the proper permissions.

-Rob

Thank you Rob. Now It is working like a charm.

The PostgreSQL CMS From Valentina CMS Conversion process not worked. After 35 min ( I have something like 4100 products with metadata), the process generate a lot of errors in the log, which unfortunately seems was cleared when I reset the Database in DS. After the conversion ended, I opened DS and while all categories were populated, the Products column was empty. Selecting a figure in the scene tab shows compatible files in the Smart Content Files, but obviously nothing in the Smart Content Products.

Not really a big deal. I just reseted the Database and asked DS to reimport the metadata. After 40 minutes, all is running and working fine. Thank you again. Next, test the new features.

edited December 1969

I am very impressed with the new PostgreSQL CMS and DB. Very, very fast!

I "Re-Imported MetaData" including "UserData" and it only took 42 minutes as opposed to 4.5 hours under the Valentina CMS DB.

Whatever you guys have done, keep doing it! LOL :)

This release is the fastest yet. Loads in seconds, saves in seconds and fast access to Content Library folders and Smart Content is awesome.

I can't wait for the full street release......YAY!!!! :coolsmile:

• greysgreys Posts: 335
    edited December 1969

rbtwhiz said:

- Install PostgreSQL CMS
    - Close Install Manager

-Rob

To add to this, don't install the Postgre from Valentina conversion until you've done these steps or it won't work. Just zips through in half a second without actually converting anything, but works fine once those are done. I'd suggest step 4 be 'start DIM and run conversion'. :)

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

14) Added weight map support to the push modifier; via push modifier weight node

So interesting for me,, but how can I access push modifier weight node @@;?
    what is it?

I added push modifier for shirt,, now I hope to color weight for push modifier influence (I believe,, it works for the purpose)

Anyway,, this version beta is amazing (DAZ add many usability about CCT ,,Thank you !)

• hzrhzr Posts: 207
    edited April 2014

I would love to install the public beta but Install Manager doesnt seem to list it. I have tried to add the files from the product library aswell with that link that is posted there, but it will only list male and female starter essentials and some other additions but not the public beta itself.

Any idea what could be the problem?

edit : I found it buried in the Install Manager settings.

Post edited by hzr on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

14) Added weight map support to the push modifier; via push modifier weight node

So interesting for me,, but how can I access push modifier weight node @@;?
    what is it?

I added push modifier for shirt,, now I hope to color weight for push modifier influence (I believe,, it works for the purpose)

Anyway,, this version beta is amazing (DAZ add many usability about CCT ,,Thank you !)

You need an item with a Push Modifier selected in the scene, then go to Create>Push Modifier Weight Node.... With the new node selected go to the Node Weight Map Brush and in Tool Settings assign the map from the unused list and set its value (note that you can assign multiple maps with different values). You do need to be aware that the weight maps belong to the Push Modifier, not to the Push Modifier Weight Node, so deleting the node won't remove the maps (if you do delete it, adding a new node will restore access to the maps if you meant to clear them).

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

Thank you RIchard,, I will try ^^ (hope it not so difficult to adjust,,)

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

Had to reinstall Advanced Ambient Light manually (there doesn't seem to be a DIM installer for it for Public Build). The missing file is in 'Shaders' directory (not 'Plugins') in case someone wants to simply copy files around.

It also took a couple of go-rounds of rather unsystematic installing and restarting and re-importing metadata on my Mac before Postgresql engaged, but it's fine now.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

bigh said:

to bad Zonealarm doesn't work - that's the only one I have used or will use .
    so if will not work good with the PostgreSQL then guess some of us will have to stop using DS .

PostgreSQL is not required. You can continue to use Valentina. Note this is not a DAZ Studio issue with Zone Alarm but a long standing problem Zone Alarm has had with PostgreSQL. (I did some research and it appears that Zone Alarm has had this issued reported for at least 5 years, the earliest mention of Zone Alarm issues with PostgreSQL was 2006 in ZoneAlarm's Forums, though, according to the Zone Alarm forums complete blocking appears to have started in 2008.)

You can try to follow the directions here: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/25117-zonealarm-extreme-security.html#post121705 but no promises from us or support in this. :)

edited December 1969

Ostadan said:
    Had to reinstall Advanced Ambient Light manually (there doesn't seem to be a DIM installer for it for Public Build). The missing file is in 'Shaders' directory (not 'Plugins') in case someone wants to simply copy files around.

It also took a couple of go-rounds of rather unsystematic installing and restarting and re-importing metadata on my Mac before Postgresql engaged, but it's fine now.

As eiterh Richard or Mike posted earlier, things like Shaders that were installed before you have a beta build installed can be uninstalled and then reinstalled using Install Manager, after which they will install to both the Release and the Beta on your system.
  • ruekakaruekaka Posts: 346
    edited April 2014

I have some questions about the PG installation/configuration.

I tried to install the PG based CMS on a test machine to find out if it will work with the already installed PG version without problems, but DIM throws an error. (see attached screenshot).
    Does anybody knows how to add the path to the "Application" section?

2)
    Does anybody already installed this on a machine with an existing PG installation?

3)
    The zip that has been downloaded with DIM file seems to contain the standard PG stuff with some files removed. What does DIM install? (I expect that a service will be installed, what is the name of the service? Is it the standard name "postgresql-9.3"? What is the user the service runs with? What happens if the service already exists?)

4)
    Are there any specific settings in the pg_hba.conf/postgresql.conf?

Any information is wellcome.

Thanks in advance.

Edit:
    Add screenshot

DIM_Problem_PGINST.png
    727 x 1158 - 67K
    Post edited by ruekaka on
    edited December 1969

ruekaka said:

I tried to install the PG based CMS on a test machine to find out if it will work with the already installed PG version without problems, but DIM throws an error. (see attached screenshot).

2)
    Does anybody already installed this on a machine with an existing PG installation?

3)
    The zip that has been downloaded with DIM file seems to contain the standard PG stuff with some files removed. What does DIM install? (I expect that a service will be installed, what is the name of the service? Is it the standard name "postgresql-9.3"? What is the user the service runs with? What happens if the service already exists?)

4)

Thanks in advance.

We are not running a service.
  • DAZ_cjonesDAZ_cjones Posts: 637
    edited December 1969

ruekaka said:

2)

3)

4)

Thanks in advance.

Edit:
    Add screenshot

1)Getting that error message for PostgreSQL means that its not marked as software, it should be. How did you get this copy into DIM?
    2)I had PostgreSQL installed as a service while I was working with it and I've run multiples of the process without issue (as long as each one has a unique port and data cluster)
    3)DIM installs a standard install of PostgreSQL with a few files removed as you said. It does not install a service. DIM and Studio simply run the PostgreSQL executable as needed.
    4)We did nothing special to pg_hba.conf, we tweaked a couple settings in the postgresql.conf which you are free to look at.

edited December 1969

Thanks DAZ_Spooky and DAZ_cjones for your replies.

How did you get this copy into DIM?

I'm not aware that I've done something special. I started DIM type in cms into the filter row (during "Ready to download" tab is active), check the checkbox for PostgreSQL CMS... and click on the "Start queue" button. After the download has been finished I change to the "Ready to install" tab, check the checkbox for PostgreSQL CMS... and click the "Start button". A few seconds later the message pops up.

The download itself seems to be O.K. (I can unpack the ZIP manuall without any errors, so the file seems to be healthy).

The version of DIM is 1.0.1.75

edited December 1969

ruekaka said:
    Thanks DAZ_Spooky and DAZ_cjones for your replies.

How did you get this copy into DIM?

I'm not aware that I've done something special. I started DIM type in cms into the filter row (during "Ready to download" tab is active), check the checkbox for PostgreSQL CMS... and click on the "Start queue" button. After the download has been finished I change to the "Ready to install" tab, check the checkbox for PostgreSQL CMS... and click the "Start button". A few seconds later the message pops up.

The download itself seems to be O.K. (I can unpack the ZIP manuall without any errors, so the file seems to be healthy).

The version of DIM is 1.0.1.75

Ah that's the issue. You don't have the most recent version of DIM, the most recent version is 1.1.0.7. You can force an update by holding the CTRL key (CMD on MAC) and clicking the refresh button (the circling arrows) at the top of DIM. You can also just re-download DIM from the store.

• visionarybvisionaryb Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

I find it hard to understand the legal jargon of the Daz studio terms of service. If Iearn the newest version which is free to download (I think) does it cost if I want to use my movie creation for commercial purposes? And if it does how much would it cost? I don't have much money to spend - actually I really can't afford to spend any money. I am needing a way to make money totally free. I want to be able to check monetize for ads on my Youtube and also I want to upload my movie to my film annex web TV.

DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the next public version of the DAZ Studio Pro BETA - version 4.6.3.29!

What is a BETA?

Despite our best efforts, DAZ 3D cannot possibly test the software under all possible conditions. So, we are providing a version of the application to the general public in order to uncover problems that were not discovered during internal/private testing. We expect that there will still be problems and we hope that when users encounter any problems, they will report them to the Bug Tracker so that they can be validated, prioritized and fixed.

As with any software classified as being in the BETA phase of development, you should expect to encounter bugs. Any bugs you do encounter while using BETA software can vary in terms of severity, from minor features that do not work correctly to problems that cause your computer to crash. Before choosing to use BETA software for production purposes, you should decide whether the benefit of new features and bug fixes provided by the BETA version outweighs the risk of instability you may encounter.

Another Public Build, so soon?

Yes. We want to provide access to builds that fix issues you may have encountered in the General Release, earlier and more frequently. Obviously we realize that there are users who don't have an interest in using BETA software (see above). However, we also realize that there are many who are willing to use BETA software in order to gain access to fixes and/or new features, earlier.

Public Build, BETA, what is the difference?

Public Build is a release channel. BETA is a phase of development.

DAZ Studio is distributed through four separate channels; Production, Public Build, Private Build and Dev. The Production channel is where the General Release build is distributed and is open to the general public. The Public Build channel is where the builds that are not considered stable yet are provided for testing by the general public; this channel typically provides a build that is in the BETA phase of development, but technically can provide a build in the ALPHA phase. The Private Build channel is similar to the Public Build channel, except it is limited to a select group of individuals that serve as the "front line" or the "canary in a coal mine" for a time before the build is promoted to a less restricted channel; this channel is more likely to see an ALPHA build than the Public Build channel is. The Dev channel is for a much smaller group of individuals; this channel provides "bleeding edge" ALPHA builds; sometimes referred to as "nightly", although the builds are not limited to one per night nor to strictly occurring at night.

Will this Public Build replace the General Release?

While builds in the Public Build channel do eventually replace the build in the Production channel, the existence of a public build does not preclude builds that are currently in the Private Build channel from replacing the General Release before one in the Public Build channel does. One of the reasons we provide a Public Build channel is to gain broader coverage of the various fixes/additions. Sometimes fixes/additions in the Public Build channel are validated more quickly than others and can be integrated into the Production channel while the remaining, more risky, changes are allowed to "bake" a while longer.

What is new in this version? Do I need to update my copy?

The 4.6.3.29 version resolves many issues and implements many improvements since the 4.6.2.120 General Release. More detail on specific fixes/changes/improvements can be found in the Change Log, which can be viewed online within the Documentation Center portion of our site. All new downloads of the DAZ Studio Pro BETA product (SKU: 12000) will be of this version.

Public BETA 1 (4.6.3.29) highlights are:
    1) Added support for using PostgreSQL as CMS; set port and cluster path in Edit > Preferences…; fall back to Valentina if PostgreSQL is not installed [via Install Manager]
    2) Added Start/Stop CMS actions to Content Library option menu; PostgreSQL only
    3) Added “Start CMS” button to Smart Content views when the CMS is not running; PostgreSQL only
    4) Added indeterminate progress for long database maintenance actions
    5) Categories and Products top-level containers are now omitted if no active database exists
    6) Added drag/drop support from the Content Library pane to the Smart Content pane and to Preset pages of the Posing, Shaping, Surfaces, Lights and Cameras panes
    7) Updated Qt framework to 4.8.5
    8) Updated 3Delight to 11.0.47
    9) Extended Interactive Lesson support; docked view controls, view option menu items, dialogs, etc
    10) Added a coarse progress indicator to Interactive Lessons
    11) Added the ability to duplicate an object; single object or object and its children
    12) Added support for merging a figure that is fit to another figure, into that figure
    13) Added filtering to the Scene pane
    15) Added vertex and edge selection; via Geometry Editor tool - replaces Polygon Group Editor tool
    16) Added/extended various actions to work with expanded geometry selection capabilities
    17) Added support for Selection Sets; via Geometry Editor tool
    18) Significantly improved the speed of polygon selection; now uses a "brush" to "paint" selection instead of singular picking
    19) Reduced memory consumption of TriAx weight mapping
    20) Improved speed of applying TriAx weight mapping
    21) Added support for preserving ngons
    22) Refactored the About Installed Plugins listview; non-registrable plugins are listed at the top-level; registrable plugins are listed according to the serial prefix(es) that can be used to register a given plugin; if a plugin can be registered by itself, it exists as a top level item; if a plugin can be registered as part of a bundle, it exists as a sub-item to the bundle, which exists as the top level item; only top level items now provide a serial entry field and have a shop button
    23) Added a viewport thirds guide; viewport option menu
    24) Rendering OpenGL Preview now uses the active DrawStyle instead of forcing Texture Shaded; allows for Wireframe renders
    25) Layered Image Presets that only define one layer will now add the layer to an existing image
    26) Fixed an issue with images running tdlmake unnecessarily
    27) Fixed issues with layered images refreshing [from disk]
    28) Re-enabled support for the Application Improvement Program

Has the Content Management Service (CMS) been improved?
    Yes, it has. The existing Valentina based service is still included and supported, however a new PostgreSQL based service is proving itself to be much more stable and much less prone to the data corruption issues that many have experienced in the past. The new PostgreSQL based service has also proven to be somewhat faster.

With this new solution, there is no longer a need to start a service that runs in the background. Normally, the PostgreSQL server starts when the application starts and stops when the application stops; unless another application, like Install Manager, is connected to it - in which case it will stop when the last application connected to it closes. Explicit control to start the service is provided via an action [in the Content Library pane option menu] and a button [in the Smart Content pane] without ever needing to leave the application. Explicit control to stop the service is also provided via an action [in the Content Library pane option menu].

To help get you up and running with the new PostgreSQL service, we've added a separate package in Install Manager that will automatically migrate any existing data from your Valentina database; you simply install it after the PostgreSQL server is installed. The amount of time required to migrate the data will vary depending on the amount of data you have and your system specs.

*Note: The PostgreSQL CMS and the data conversion package are not available as a standalone installers. They must be downloaded and installed using Install Manager. While the PostgreSQL server is installed, Install Manager will not install any data to the Valentina database.

What is the Application Improvement Program about?
    It's about improving the DAZ Studio user experience. Support tickets and bug reports provide important clues as to the needs of you the customer, but they are only hints. This improvement program will allow us to to "see" how the features of DAZ Studio are actually performing and where users are getting hung up.

If you choose to participate in the program, the statistics we will collect are anonymous and contain no personally identifiable information. We respect your right to privacy. That said, if you choose not to participate, we respect that too.

We encourage you to participate. In doing so, your use of the application will have a greater influence on where we focus our efforts.

Has the Genesis Starter Essentials, the Genesis 2 Starter Essentials (Male/Female), or the Default Lights and Shaders packages been updated too?

No, the Genesis Starter Essentials, Genesis 2 Starter Essentials or Default Lights and Shaders packages provided with the product have NOT been updated beyond what is currently available with the General Release.

*Note: Install Manager users are notified of product updates when they occur.

How do I get the latest version?

If you have previously added the DAZ Studio Pro BETA product to your account, launch Install Manager, log into your account and type "DAZ Studio * Public Build" into the filter field to filter out anything else. Then simply download and install as you would normally.

*Note: The current version of Install Manager has a new Public Build download filter that is disabled by default. You must enable this download filter to see packages in your Ready to Download list that are tagged PublicBuild.

Optionally, you can locate, download and install the BETA from the Product Library [once you are logged into your account] by entering "DAZ Studio Pro BETA" into the text field near the top left of the page and clicking the "Filter" button, or by clicking here. Then, simply click the "download & install" button.

If this is your first time downloading DAZ Studio Pro BETA, simply follow this link, click the "Add to Cart" button on the page and then follow the checkout process.

*Note: This BETA version is not available as a standalone installer. It must be downloaded and installed using Install Manager. This does not impact the General Release, which will be made available through Install Manager as well as a standalone installer.

Can I have the General Release and the BETA installed at the same time?

Yes! You can have both the General Release and a Public Build (as well as a Private Build, for those involved in that endeavor), of the same major version, installed at the same time. Please be aware that the settings for each of the builds are stored independent of each other. This includes mapped content directories, layout, style and style colors, among many others.

What about the plugins I have?

The DAZ Studio 4.5 SDK has not changed in any way that causes it to be binary incompatible, which means that any plugins created for a previous version of DAZ Studio (4.5.0.114+) should continue to load and function with this build. That said, as with any new release, there is always the possibility that a plugin has had bugs fixed or features added, so the latest versions should be downloaded and installed if they are provided.

Plugins that are currently built/produced by DAZ 3D will provide a separate package specifically intended for the Public Build. 3rd party plugins that DAZ 3D creates install packages for will be updated to allow simultaneous installation into the General Release and the Public/Private builds. These packages will display as "Product Updates" within Install Manager once they have been updated.

Is there any documentation?

Yes. Check out the User Guide and QuickStart Guide that we've posted in the DAZ Studio 4.x Documentation section.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Any rendered images or animations can be used however you like.

edited April 2014

Hi,

I've created a lot of Custom Actions and Custom Toolbars that I use to streamline my workflow in DS 4.6.2.120. As well Custom Layout & Style. I know that there are files for all of this somewhere in the DS folder structure, I just don't know where....

Is there any way to transfer all of them to the Public +Beta+ version? If there is not I will just wait for the final release of the Public +Beta+ to be available as a Private Build.

Cheers,

Stiks

Post edited by BackDoor3D on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

Any rendered images or animations can be used however you like.

As long as they don't use the Anne Marie Goddard Digital Clone for Victoria 3, and as long as the texture images can't be extracted from them (which wouldn't usually be an issue with a film).

• Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited December 1969

Yep, and to the best of my knowledge over the years, the Anne Marie Goddard product is the only one sold at DAZ that has commercial restrictions. It is for personal use only. You may come across freebies made by users on the Internet that have commercial restrictions, too.

edited December 1969

Stiks1954 said:
    Hi,

I've created a lot of Custom Actions and Custom Toolbars that I use to streamline my workflow in DS 4.6.2.120. As well Custom Layout & Style. I know that there are files for all of this somewhere in the DS folder structure, I just don't know where....

Is there any way to transfer all of them to the Public +Beta+ version? If there is not I will just wait for the final release of the Public +Beta+ to be available as a Private Build.

Cheers,

Stiks

If you go to the Studio App data folder ("C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D" on PC, ~/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D on MAC) you'll see two folders "Studio4" and "Studio4 Public Build". The "public build" one is the beta the other is the release. Its not officially supported but you can copy the "actions.dsx","layout.dsx", "menus.dsx", and "toobars.dsx" from "Studio4" to the "Studio4 Public Build". You'll want to run the "Update and Merge Menus.dse" from "[Mapped directory]/Scripts/Utilities/" after you do this to make sure you get any new actions we have added. You can also save your custom style from the release then copy the "user styles" folder from "Studio4" to the "Studio4 Public Build". Then launch the beta and apply that style.

edited December 1969

Thanks for your replay DAZ_cjones.

Ah that’s the issue. You don’t have the most recent version of DIM, the most recent version is 1.1.0.7. You can force an update by holding the CTRL key (CMD on MAC) and clicking the refresh button (the circling arrows) at the top of DIM. You can also just re-download DIM from the store.

Took a while to update DIM (had some troubles to deinstall the old versions during the update), but it's done.

Now I have DIM 1.1.07, but I get the same error message as before.
    Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "PostgreSQL CMS (Win 32-bit) Public Build +Beta+" requires that the installed path for "PostgreSQL CMS 9.3.4 (32-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.

Needless to say that there's still no option for PG in the Applications settings dialog.

Any idea?

edited December 1969

ruekaka said:
    Thanks for your replay DAZ_cjones.

Ah that’s the issue. You don’t have the most recent version of DIM, the most recent version is 1.1.0.7. You can force an update by holding the CTRL key (CMD on MAC) and clicking the refresh button (the circling arrows) at the top of DIM. You can also just re-download DIM from the store.

Took a while to update DIM (had some troubles to deinstall the old versions during the update), but it's done.

Now I have DIM 1.1.07, but I get the same error message as before.
    Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "PostgreSQL CMS (Win 32-bit) Public Build +Beta+" requires that the installed path for "PostgreSQL CMS 9.3.4 (32-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.

Needless to say that there's still no option for PG in the Applications settings dialog.

Any idea?

Delete the package and re-download it? I tested the Win 32 yesterday and it seemed to work.

edited December 1969

Delete the package and re-download it?

I've done that now (Using the Popup menu in the "Ready to install" tab, but now it seems to be gone completely. I could not find a CMS entry in the "Ready to download" tab (I removed also the files in the download folder).
    I will check that tomorrow again.

edited December 1969

ruekaka said:
    Delete the package and re-download it?

I've done that now (Using the Popup menu in the "Ready to install" tab, but now it seems to be gone completely. I could not find a CMS entry in the "Ready to download" tab (I removed also the files in the download folder).
    I will check that tomorrow again.

Now that you've updated you probably need to check on "Public Build" in the download filters. I believe there's an image demonstrating it previously in this thread if you need a reference.

edited December 1969

Stiks1954 said:
    Hi,

Cheers,

Stiks

If you go to the Studio App data folder ("C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D" on PC, ~/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D on MAC) you'll see two folders "Studio4" and "Studio4 Public Build". The "public build" one is the beta the other is the release. Its not officially supported but you can copy the "actions.dsx","layout.dsx", "menus.dsx", and "toobars.dsx" from "Studio4" to the "Studio4 Public Build". You'll want to run the "Update and Merge Menus.dse" from "[Mapped directory]/Scripts/Utilities/" after you do this to make sure you get any new actions we have added. You can also save your custom style from the release then copy the "user styles" folder from "Studio4" to the "Studio4 Public Build". Then launch the beta and apply that style.

Thanks. Worked like a charm. Will keep that one for future reference. :)

• sikotik13sikotik13 Posts: 29
    edited April 2014

At the risk of sounding really, really stupid:

How would I find out if I've signed up for a beta previously? The store page says only 1 purchase allowed. The link and directly accessing my product library come up empty. DIM is now configured to show everything, and download everything except Mac 32 bit and 64 bit. Restarted DIM and my computer, both with and without Comodo running, and no closer.

This may actually be more frustrating than the fact that I cannot have more than 2 objects in a scene and have any sort of stability in the Production version. Or the log files that contain nothing of the errors that actually crash Studio. It's at least got a solid third place at this point.

Post edited by sikotik13 on