[Released] Lightning Maker [Commercial]

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344

Electrify your renders with the new Lighting Maker for Daz Studio!

Lightning Maker by Marshian and RiverSoft Art creates true 3D lightning bolts between any two nodes in your scene. Stop struggling with positioning pre-generated lightning objects and textures or trying to fix it in post, Lightning Maker allows you to put lightning bolts exactly where you want them and their light to react amazingly with the environment.

With Lightning Maker you get:

• True, 3D Lightning Bolts
  • Algorithmically generated using your anchor points
  • Millions of colors
  • Works with and without Bloom Effects

This fun and powerful script will supercharge your renders!

Note: Iray Only.

What's Included and Features

• Lightning Maker
  • Scripts: (.DSA and .DSE)
    • Lightning !INFO
    • Lightning Maker Script
    • Lightning Glow Script
    • Lightning Bolt Color Script
  • Render Settings: (.DUF)
    • LM Render Setting Bloom Vignette OFF Preset
    • LM Render Setting Bloom Vignette ON Preset
  • Shaders:
    • LM Lightning Blue Shader Preset
    • LM Lightning Glow Shader Preset
  • Textures Include:
    • 01 Texture Map (2048 x 2048)
  • Daz Studio Iray Shader Presets (.DUF)

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

Will any kind of animation be possible?

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344
    Sevrin said:

Will any kind of animation be possible?

Sort of.  It depends on how hard you want to work.  The script can generate the same lightning bolt from beginning to end (i.e., there is a maximum iterations slider that acts like a length).  However, you cannot animate the length; you would have to generate a lightning bolt for each length you wanted to show.

02 Ierations.png
    618 x 618 - 10K
    09 Ierations.png
    618 x 618 - 20K
    17 Ierations.png
    618 x 618 - 26K
    32 Ierations.png
    618 x 618 - 43K
    43 Ierations.png
    618 x 618 - 55K
    58 iterations.png
    618 x 618 - 61K
    Full iterations.png
    618 x 618 - 90K
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,238

I want it!

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Nice! I'm tempted...

Just one question; does the lightning have to go in a straight(ish) line from A to B, or can it curve?

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,742

Very interesting!

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932

Looks great :)

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,610

Looks awesome :)

Can these start/end nodes be nulls? (I'm thinking of getting the positioning right on larger objects whose 'centre' may be different from where I want the bolt to start/end)

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Very nice! Is there a randomness to each generated bolt: meaning if you generate the same lightning bolt multiple times will they look identical, or is there a seed we can set so they look different?

nemesis10 said:

I want it!

Thanks. smiley

Nice! I'm tempted...

Just one question; does the lightning have to go in a straight(ish) line from A to B, or can it curve?

No, it does not curve.  It goes in a generally straightish line from A to B.  You can keep clicking randomize until you get the bolt you want.

Hylas said:

Very interesting!

Thank you!

Leana said:

Looks great :)

Thanks.  It was fun to make and play with. smiley

Can these start/end nodes be nulls? (I'm thinking of getting the positioning right on larger objects whose 'centre' may be different from where I want the bolt to start/end)

Thanks.  Yes, they can be nulls.  I prefer using nulls in fact and mentioned this in the How-to-use promo.

dawnblade said:

Very nice! Is there a randomness to each generated bolt: meaning if you generate the same lightning bolt multiple times will they look identical, or is there a seed we can set so they look different?

In the options, there is a seed (based on time).  This means that if you come back into the dialog with the same end points, you can generate the same lightning bolt.  Every time you click the Randomize button, the seed is changed and you will get a new random lightning bolt.  However, you could enter any seed you like back in the options to recover any lightning bolt.

• This looks so very cool, RiverSoftArt! I'm going to start looking for a "shower of sparks" prop/thingie to go with Lightning Generator.

Looking forward to seeing it in the store!

Lee

This looks so very cool, RiverSoftArt! I'm going to start looking for a "shower of sparks" prop/thingie to go with Lightning Generator.

Looking forward to seeing it in the store!

Lee

Thanks.  Me too! smiley

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246

Iray only of course.

*sigh*

JOdel said:

Iray only of course.

*sigh*

Yes, Iray only out of the box.  If you can figure out the best materials, the script can be modified through its constants file to do what you want relatively easily.

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,610

Thanks.  Yes, they can be nulls.  I prefer using nulls in fact and mentioned this in the How-to-use promo.

Ah, missed that one (I was too busy looking at the cool artistic renders :p ) - that's great :)

Ah, missed that one (I was too busy looking at the cool artistic renders :p ) - that's great :)

No problem.  Glad you liked the promos.  They were a LOT of fun to make.  I especially liked making Spacegirl Spiff.

• Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,024

Okay. I'm in. Where is it?

PS: will it come in different colors? I especially like greenish.

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562

Wow. I used to have an old DOS program in the pre-DS days that did this. It was called Thor I believe. It would create a DXF file that could be imported into Poser and Bryce. Of course it would take forever to process...

I used to flip them over and turn them into trees too. Good times.

Okay. I'm in. Where is it?

PS: will it come in different colors? I especially like greenish.

Not here yet.  You can choose any of 24 million colors.

Wow. I used to have an old DOS program in the pre-DS days that did this. It was called Thor I believe. It would create a DXF file that could be imported into Poser and Bryce. Of course it would take forever to process...

I used to flip them over and turn them into trees too. Good times.

No external files required smiley and place it whereever you want and in any direction.

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663

Looks like your going to have another winner with this one,  Looking forward to when its finally availble in the Store. 

Platnumk said:

Looks like your going to have another winner with this one,  Looking forward to when its finally availble in the Store. 

Thank you!

• TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,148

Really looking forward to this one. Being able to have lightning go where I need it to will be really handy.

Really looking forward to this one. Being able to have lightning go where I need it to will be really handy.

You're welcome! Shouldn't be long now.

Lightning Maker is released!

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    Awesome.