June 2020 - Daz 3D New User Challenge - Scenes, Landscapes, and Working Modularly

2»

Comments

• myarmyar Posts: 7
    Linwelly said:
    myar said:

My first Rendering lasted 4.5 hours.
    With light and camera and background.

myar said:

My first Rendering lasted 4.5 hours.
    With light and camera and background.

It seems as though only a thumbnail version of the image may have gotten attached to your post. If you need help on how to attach the image, please let us know. smiley

Yes Please

Hi, tis is wat i get .... file size is 17,6mb  3840 x 2160

No file data could be found in your post 

the forum doesn't take that size, get down to 2MB (use jpg format) or load to the gallery and link from there with resize of the image

Thanx for the tip...

• StargazeyStargazey Posts: 239

I was hoping to be able to enter the contest (albeit a bit late in the day) but I've been trying to upload a file (a 604kb jpg) for ages, and it just says "Uploading" with nothing happening. Any idea what the problem might be?

• sueyasueya Posts: 826
    edited June 2021

This is the final version of my image. I have managed to improve the lighting, but I have had to change the fairy's skin texture to Autumn as Daz kept crashing when I was using a converted Genesis 2 texture.

Post edited by sueya on
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 74
    edited July 2020
    TheOldAndTheNew_byBlueFox.jpg
    2500 x 1064 - 4M
    Post edited by BlueFox on
  • AZDigitalArtistAZDigitalArtist Posts: 773
    edited July 2020

INTERMEDIATE CHALLENGE:  Kitbashing.  "Goddess"  I used Alawa 8 and Stella Hair as they were.  I added the Dragon Empress by Arki helmet and horns, used the jacket and top from the Mythos for Centaur 7 outfit (removed the fur trim and duplicated the center jewel and loop to use as decorations to hold the overskirt to the belt); Tyto Ensemble loin (changed edge color of belt to blend better and changed the fabric of the loincloth itself), used the skirt and overskirt from Arki's Miellyn outfit, and borrowed Ktarya's necklace.  The statues are Victoria 5 in the Skadi outfit for V4, then I covered them in a rock shader from Mec, and used that same rock shader to cover the rest of the rocks to match, some from Jack Tomalin and the rest were a rubble pile, I don't remember seeing the artist's name, sorry.  I wanted them to look like the statues were carved from the stone.  The moon is my photo, the fractal is from RAWExchange, and the rest is brushwork from Karen Alsop and Skybox.  Whew!  But this was fun!

AZDigitalArtist_Goddess.jpg
    1800 x 3000 - 3M
    Post edited by AZDigitalArtist on
  • INTERMEDIATE CHALLENGE:  Kitbashing.  "Goddess"  I used Alawa 8 and Stella Hair as they were.  I added the Dragon Empress by Arki helmet and horns, used the jacket and top from the Mythos for Centaur 7 outfit (removed the fur trim and duplicated the center jewel and loop to use as decorations to hold the overskirt to the belt); Tyto Ensemble loin (changed edge color of belt to blend better and changed the fabric of the loincloth itself), used the skirt and overskirt from Arki's Miellyn outfit, and borrowed Ktarya's necklace.  The statues are Victoria 5 in the Skadi outfit for V4, then I covered them in a rock shader from Mec, and used that same rock shader to cover the rest of the rocks to match, some from Jack Tomalin and the rest were a rubble pile, I don't remember seeing the artist's name, sorry.  I wanted them to look like the statues were carved from the stone.  The moon is my photo, the fractal is from RAWExchange, and the rest is brushwork from Karen Alsop and Skybox.  Whew!  But this was fun!

That's amazing!  Very inspiring. 

• This challenge is now closed.

Thanks to everyone for participating!

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited July 2020

June 2020

Showcased Participants for the June Beginners "Scenes and Landscapes" Challenge

DMax

All That Matters

sueya

Fairy in the Greywood

katiedelongwriter

Sun

Showcased Participants for the June Intermediate "Working Modularly" Challenge

AZDigitalArtist

Goddess

ariochsnowpaw

Future Flux

bluefox

The Old and the New

New User Welcome

VRCosmos

My First Foray into 3D Art

Congratulations to those who were showcased and very good job to everyone who participated! Keep up the good work, and keep pushing the boundaries!

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • sueyasueya Posts: 826

Thank you for showcasing me. Congrats to the other people who were showcased.

• BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 74
    edited July 2020

Thank you, and congrats to everyone else!

Post edited by BlueFox on
  • Thank you so much, and congrats to everyone!!!

• Congrats guys, and thanks! You all did awesome! AZDigital, I might mimic your statue trick at some point in the future. Those statues in the backdrop are gorgeous.