Daz Studio 4.12 Pro, General Release! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074
    edited June 2020

@Fenriz Dagger "I tried doing this and it turns out the card isn't being used at all during a render"

Either your scene is too large for the GPU Vram , or you don't have the minimum required Iray driver. That is 441.22 for old GTX or 442.19 for Turing (RTX) cards, incl 1600 series.

FWIW for those having issues w/ this release, I've been using the 12.2.2.6 BETA w/o noticable problems. GTX 980TI, Win 7, Nvidia Driver 445.87

Please note, I do not do animations beyond the dForce timeline.

Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • edited June 2020

I don't know if this has ever been mentioned before but one feature we could really use to save some time, in the future: a zeroing button, individual to every single dial in the parameters and poses tabs. No more typing zeros or fiddling with the dial to zero that persky morph. Or those. Some pose products are delivered with some dialed expressions, for example, which have to be zeroed manually through a good dozen of parameter dials.  

Post edited by second_technician_rimmer_9571136c47 on
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,575

I don't know if this has ever been mentioned before but one feature we could really use to save some time, in the future: a zeroing button, individual to every single dial in the parameters and poses tabs. No more typing zeros or fiddling with the dial to zero that persky morph. Or those. Some pose products are delivered with some dialed expressions, for example, which have to be zeroed manually through a good dozen of parameter dials.  

Better yet, how about double clicking on the slider control to set the parameter value back to default? No extra buttons, and this is somewhat standard behavior.

- Greg

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133

Better yet, how about double clicking on the slider control to set the parameter value back to default? No extra buttons, and this is somewhat standard behavior.

- Greg

Hold the Alt key and click the slider to set it back to default. 

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

+1

I also use the Alt-click method to return a parameter to the default setting (which is not necessarily zero) but a blanket action as you say would be something I've often thought would be a good idea. Perhaps with two options: return to default or to zero.

barbult said:

- Greg

Yeah I know - I thought the poster said they didn't want to use the keyboard. 

- Greg

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

You could use the Options menu to Restore or Zero the selected parameter.

An additional option that I would find useful would be to be able to multi-select (CTRL- or SHIFT-Select) parameters and then Alt-Click.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    marble said:

An additional option that I would find useful would be to be able to multi-select (CTRL- or SHIFT-Select) parameters and then Alt-Click.

CTRL-click to select and Options menu works.

Never knew that one - thanks!

- Greg

edited June 2020
    marble said:

CTRL-click to select and Options menu works.

I'm just trying that and the CTRL behaviour is quite odd for me. I CRTL-Click one parameter and then, while holding down CTRL, move to another parameter further down the list but I noticed that several of the parameters that I passed over with my mose became selected. If I move back over them they are deselected. Tha's not how CTRL-Click works anywhere else - normally I would click on parameter then CTRL-Click a second but mouseover would not select any in between.

Post edited by marble on
  • ImagoImago Posts: 4,900

I know I asked this so many times I'm starting to sound dumb... But what's the state of the animation tools?
    The timeline is still broken? What about the unmovable keyframes? Copy-paste them still breaks the whole scene? What about the unregistered movements/morphs?

I'm still stuck on 4.12.0.86.

• hookflashhookflash Posts: 165
    Imago said:

I know I asked this so many times I'm starting to sound dumb... But what's the state of the animation tools?
    The timeline is still broken? What about the unmovable keyframes? Copy-paste them still breaks the whole scene? What about the unregistered movements/morphs?

Yes, unfortunately, still broken. No official word from Daz as to when (or even if) we can expect a fix.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    edited June 2020

DIM is showing a June 16 product update for DS 4.12 (and GoZ for 4.12). The readme link takes me here, and that announcement link brings me to this thread, but no mention of it that I see. Is there a better readme link for what's fixed/added? Thanks!

Post edited by dawnblade on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,890
    dawnblade said:

DIM is showing a June 16 product update for DS 4.12 (and GoZ for 4.12). The readme link takes me here, and that announcement link brings me to this thread, but no mention of it that I see. Is there a better readme link for what's fixed/added? Thanks!

Everything will get updated in due course.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    edited June 2020

I just got a new Studio update through DIM just now. Build number  4.12.1.118 that was up from 4.12.1.117. I don't know what has changed but everything is working, so far smiley

Post edited by Fishtales on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,890
    Fishtales said:

I just got a new Studio update through DIM just now. Build number  4.12.1.118 that was up from 4.12.1.117. I don't know what has changed but everything is working, so far smiley

The Change Log has been updated.

Fishtales said:

The Change Log has been updated.

I'm not seeing any mention of the major Timeline-related bugs that people have been discussing in another thread. Any word on whether these have been fixed, and, if not, is there an eta? Many of us are itching to start animating in Daz!

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,014
    hookflash said:

and, if not, is there an eta?

Daz almost never gives any ETA on features or fixes.

Leana said:
    hookflash said:

and, if not, is there an eta?

Daz almost never gives any ETA on features or fixes.

You'd think they'd make an exception for a bug that's causing actual data loss (and has been around for at least 2 months).

So 4.12.1.118 is a general release update but I'm using the beta which is 4.12.2.6 (i.e. later than this general release). So, I guess I'd be right in thinking that they are unlikely to have fixed any problems that are present in the beta with this general releave version?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,014

Looking at the change log it seems that this build simply fixes problems with shortcuts, which IIRC were already fixed in the beta.

• Leana said:

Looking at the change log it seems that this build simply fixes problems with shortcuts, which IIRC were already fixed in the beta.

Yes, that is what the merging to trunk entries are about in http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log

• trhancocktrhancock Posts: 37

I installed the 4.12.1.118 update via DIM yesterday. It has one fix which I'm really pleased about. I apologise if this has already been mentioned, I haven't trawled back through this topic!

I had noticed that since a recent DAZ Studio update, when I use a letter key on the keyboard to navigate within the Content Library or Smart Content, i.e. to go to an item whose name beings with that letter, unnervingly any figure which is currently selected in the scene might get shifted to the left or right etc. This was because the keyboard shortcuts WASD etc. for moving the object were not disabled properly - either by default or by attempting to toggle Keyboard Navigation via the button on the toolbar (this looks like a keyboard), which no longer worked.

Well, version 4.12.1.118 fixes this, to my great delight, as I am always using the keyboard for moving around in these lists, and did not want this to mess up my scene.

The Change Log says this:

"Fixed an issue that allowed a disabled action to be triggered using its shortcut, e.g. WASD keyboard navigation actions would still trigger when their respective assigned shortcuts were pressed even though the Keyboard Navigation action was toggled off and the individual actions were disabled."

There are other related and slightly more obscure things which were fixed together with this.

I hope this helps someone, by knowing that this is now fixed!

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153

luttikrob said:

hey all,

So im trying to save an animation with some morphs, one is called " open wide" what ever i do, it wont save the keys on the timeline when i use this morph.

Is there som workarround for this? It really disrupts my work now and i cant figure out where it goes wrong.
    Allready searched the forums and it seems to be a problem in general, but maybe there is a workaround?

Did you try baking the studio keyframes to the timeline?

Imago said:

I'm using the same version. for animation as well.

• brvsnbrvsn Posts: 213
    edited June 2020
    trhancock said:

I had noticed that since a recent DAZ Studio update, when I use a letter key on the keyboard to navigate within the Content Library or Smart Content, i.e. to go to an item whose name beings with that letter, unnervingly any figure which is currently selected in the scene might get shifted to the left or right etc. This was because the keyboard shortcuts WASD etc. for moving the object were not disabled properly - either by default or by attempting to toggle Keyboard Navigation via the button on the toolbar (this looks like a keyboard), which no longer worked.

Well, version 4.12.1.118 fixes this, to my great delight, as I am always using the keyboard for moving around in these lists, and did not want this to mess up my scene.

oh I thought it was a feature! good to know!

Post edited by brvsn on
  • trhancocktrhancock Posts: 37
    Fishtales said:

Just in answer to your question, Fishtales, please see my comment above about the fixed spurious activity of the WASD keys, so at least in this respect the release is an improvement!

• mmdestinymmdestiny Posts: 61
    edited July 2020

Man...I do a lot of animation work and had been resisting updating like the plague because of all the timeline bugs (was sticking to 4.12.0.86).  But...my PSU blew up last Friday and following some issues getting that sorted out, my install had to be updated and I couldn't recover the old install file.

Has anyone had any issues requesting previous version install files?

Post edited by mmdestiny on
  • ImagoImago Posts: 4,900
    mmdestiny said:

Man...I do a lot of animation work and had been resisting updating like the plague because of all the timeline bugs (was sticking to 4.12.0.86).  But...my PSU blew up last Friday and following some issues getting that sorted out, my install had to be updated and I couldn't recover the old install file.

Has anyone had any issues requesting previous version install files?

As I can see, you have to stick to 4.12.0.86 a bit more, no changes in that regard.

However, you can ask the support for the installation file, I think they can help you.

• barbult said:

- Greg

Stupid me. I wasn't even aware...