New Release: Genesis Generation X2 (upgrade ends soon) [Commercial]

Comments

• RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

Somehow got it to work. I think what I had to do was select all of the listed Genesis morphs before selecting "Get Values From Figure In Scene".

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

For "Get Values from Figure in Scene", it should make no difference if you have selected any morphs in GenX or not.

In any case, look at the V and T value in the line above the morph list to see if and how many morphs have a non-zero value and are selected for transfer.

edited April 2014

I'm trying to do a second genesis character, and it's not working again. This is too weird for words. I have my custom dialed Genesis character loaded in the scene, selected, the source is Genesis, shape is Genesis, target is Genesis 2 Female, and I'm using "Get Values From Character In Scene". Yet, the morphs in the list do not seem to reflect those used in my custom character This is very frustrating and I'm not sure it's a simple case of user error. How can I get GenX to "read" the morphs in the custom character? You can't load a character "file" like you can with a poser type of file, so GenX "sees" the base Genesis morphs, but I don't think it "sees" my custom character. When I select "Get Values From Character In Scene" and hit transfer, I get a "No Morphs Selected For Transfer" error, yet my custom character is the only one loaded in the scene, big as life. I'm stumped. How is this possible, and how do I fix it?

Post edited by RenderPretender on
    edited December 1969

Instead of using "Get Values from Figure in Scene", you can also save the dial settings as a shaping preset and load this into GenX. However, when morph values are not taken over from the scene, they may also be missing when using a preset.

In any case, if values seem to be missing in GenX, make sure it's really the value that is missing, not the morph.
    1. Compare the morphs used in Genesis in the DS scene with those for which values are set in GenX. DS shows all non-zero morphs under "Currently used". GenX shows the number of non-zero morphs in the line above the morph list (after V) and you can search for values (leave empty to search for non-zero values) to compare them.
    2. Use "Show in list" from the context menu of the morph list to ensure that all morphs are shown. (It's rather unlikely for Genesis to cause problems here, but still it's worth a try.)
    3. If morphs are missing, this is most likely because Genesis is spread over several content libraries. DS will load all morphs in that case (no idea how they handle duplicated morphs), but GenX currently only loads morphs from the Morphs folder where it found Genesis.dsf. If your custom morph is located in a different content library, move it to the one where Genesis.dsf is located. (It even may be that you have Genesis.dsf in more than one content folders, then GenX will use the first it finds.)

Note that "Get Values from Figure in Scene" only sets the morph values. You still have to use "Transfer: On for non-zero values" to actually select the morphs for transfer.

edited December 1969

Instead of using "Get Values from Figure in Scene", you can also save the dial settings as a shaping preset and load this into GenX. However, when morph values are not taken over from the scene, they may also be missing when using a preset.

In any case, if values seem to be missing in GenX, make sure it's really the value that is missing, not the morph.
    1. Compare the morphs used in Genesis in the DS scene with those for which values are set in GenX. DS shows all non-zero morphs under "Currently used". GenX shows the number of non-zero morphs in the line above the morph list (after V) and you can search for values (leave empty to search for non-zero values) to compare them.
    2. Use "Show in list" from the context menu of the morph list to ensure that all morphs are shown. (It's rather unlikely for Genesis to cause problems here, but still it's worth a try.)
    3. If morphs are missing, this is most likely because Genesis is spread over several content libraries. DS will load all morphs in that case (no idea how they handle duplicated morphs), but GenX currently only loads morphs from the Morphs folder where it found Genesis.dsf. If your custom morph is located in a different content library, move it to the one where Genesis.dsf is located. (It even may be that you have Genesis.dsf in more than one content folders, then GenX will use the first it finds.)

Note that "Get Values from Figure in Scene" only sets the morph values. You still have to use "Transfer: On for non-zero values" to actually select the morphs for transfer.

I only have one content library, so that should not be the issue.

I finally got it to work, but I think it was because I finally loaded a shape preset and re-started DAZ. I'm not sure... this all seems very trial-and-error to me.

"Note that "Get Values from Figure in Scene" only sets the morph values. You still have to use "Transfer: On for non-zero values" to actually select the morphs for transfer."

See, I don't quite get this. There are two places in which to make that selection... from right clicking the morph list (and do all of them need to be highlighted?) and from the Select button. So, do I select "On for non-zero" in one place, and "Get Values From Figure" in another, or both in both places? This is not transparent in the documentation, and it's very confusing. This may be the source of my issues.

edited December 1969

Everything from the "Select" button is just for quick access. It's exactly the same as when using the context menu with the same menu entry under "All". The commands from the "Select" button are all independent of the highlighted selection in the morph list.

Both, applying a preset in GenX and using "Get Values from Figure in Scene", will set the values for matching morphs in the morph list. So, it shouldn't make a difference which one you use.

edited December 1969

Everything from the "Select" button is just for quick access. It's exactly the same as when using the context menu with the same menu entry under "All". The commands from the "Select" button are all independent of the highlighted selection in the morph list.

Both, applying a preset in GenX and using "Get Values from Figure in Scene", will set the values for matching morphs in the morph list. So, it shouldn't make a difference which one you use.

Thanks once again for your support on this.

Okay, this seems to have worked on my latest character transfer. The key for me, though, is that I have to load a saved shaping preset first, to load the morphs I need, and then use the Select button for "All On For Non-Zero Values". That seems to be the ticket to a fairly flawless transfer... except for that fingernail issue, which I'm cheating on by balancing morphs.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...OK, transferred an INJ character preset, changed the slider parameters to 0 - 1.00 (Off - On). When I opened the application again the parameter setting wasn't saved. How does one go about saving parameter changes again (been a while)?

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...OK, transferred an INJ character preset, changed the slider parameters to 0 - 1.00 (Off - On). When I opened the application again the parameter setting wasn't saved. How does one go about saving parameter changes again (been a while)?

If you change parameters inside DS, you have to use "save modified assets" to make the change permanent (at least, I think so, never used it myself). Or you edit the DSF morph file directly.

But the simplest way is to set the parameters when transferring the morph with GenX, including "Respect" to ensure the limits are used.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...hmm I didn't see that option when I transferred the morph. I just hope by saving it as an asset I don't mess up the base Genesis. The last time I did that, Genesis would load in as teen Julie all the time.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...hmm I didn't see that option when I transferred the morph. I just hope by saving it as an asset I don't mess up the base Genesis. The last time I did that, Genesis would load in as teen Julie all the time.

Make sure all morphs are set to zero before saving as asset.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...hmm I didn't see that option when I transferred the morph.

Limits like group and region are part of the dialog for "Create custom morph" and for "Create controller". For "Selected morphs", you have to use "Selected morphs (with defaults)" or "Selected morphs (with properties)" to change these values.

I just hope by saving it as an asset I don't mess up the base Genesis. The last time I did that, Genesis would load in as teen Julie all the time.

That's why I recommend to edit the morph DSF file directly. This is safe from unwanted side-effects.

• AngelusPrimeAngelusPrime Posts: 60
    edited December 1969

Hi there. I didn't want to start a new topic so I thought I'd ask here. I am getting back into Daz work and I recently got GenX 2. Will it be necessary to get separate products to apply Gen4 UVs/textures to Genesis 2 as well as the particular Gen4 shapes? I'm still debating if I want to transfer over my Gen4 characters or just re-create them from scratch, new faces and all.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

When I tried to compress some DSF files with gzip I noticed that GenX reported "Error loading figure." on loading of the Genesis as source. DAZ Studio loaded said Genesis without a problem and I didn't see any missing morphs there. Genesis 2 Male loaded into the GenX tab though and is compressed in a similar way, so not sure what the difference is/was there. It was not caused by compression of the base file (Genesis.dsf) at least. However, as I uncompressed the whole Genesis sub-directory now it loads into GenX again without reporting any error.

edited December 1969

AngelusPrime: Morphs transferred from V4 to Genesis 2 with GenX may be used either with the clone shape (auto-transferred by GenX) or with one of the V4 shapes for Genesis 2. To use V4 textures with Genesis 2, you need a V4 UV-map for Genesis 2, which is not included in GenX.

Renpatsu: I tested it, looks like GenX is over-restrictive when testing if the file is compressed. I will fix this for the next update. If you are on Windows, you may compress DSF files with my free Poser Compressor. This should work with GenX.

• AngelusPrimeAngelusPrime Posts: 60
    edited December 1969

AngelusPrime: Morphs transferred from V4 to Genesis 2 with GenX may be used either with the clone shape (auto-transferred by GenX) or with one of the V4 shapes for Genesis 2. To use V4 textures with Genesis 2, you need a V4 UV-map for Genesis 2, which is not included in GenX.

Got it. Thanks!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,684
    edited December 1969

Can this be installed with DIM? or does it have to be installed manually?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,343
    edited December 1969

Yes it can be installed with DIM

edited December 1969

Is there currently a way to convert K4 morphs to Genesis 1 or 2?

edited December 1969

Yes, support for Kids 4 is included with the GenX plugin. GenX2 will create a Kids 4 morph with adjusted joints from the K4 clone morph. To transfer morphs from Kids 4 to Genesis 2, you also need the Genesis 2 add-on for GenX2.

edited April 2014

I am trying to figure out how to use GenX2. I think I have found it in DS but I am not sure how to use it. Where can I find some instructions on this?

edit: I found the manual.

Post edited by Sfariah D on
    edited December 1969

The upgrade pricing for GenX2 will end soon. See here for details.

• Daniel BarnettDaniel Barnett Posts: 389
    edited December 1969

I purchased both GenX & GenX2 and installed with DIM. The only Window(Pane) I can select is titled GenX. Should I uninstall Genx and then install GenX2? Should I be installing manually for these apps?
    Thank you!
    dbb

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

OK, I just upgraded to Gen X2 and thought I'd try using it to turn some of my clone shapes (normally used by Auto fit and Transfer Utility) into real shapes to use on Genesis, but I can't figure out how to do that. I'm also noticing that some of them that show up under Transfer Utility don't show up in the Gen X tab's presets. Under my Transfer Utility Item Shape: clones, I have the following clones:
    Victoria 4
    The Girl 4
    Stephanie 4
    Reby Sky
    Michael 4
    The Kids 4
    Hiro 4
    Freak 4
    Aiko 4

In Gen X Presets: Shape: I have the following shapes and clones:
    David 3
    David 3 Clone
    Freak 3
    Freak 3 Clone
    Genesis Genesis 2 Female
    Genesis 2 Male
    KIds 4 Clone
    Kids 4
    Michael 4 Michael 4 Clone
    Stephanie 3
    Stephanie 3 Clone
    Victoria 4
    Victoria 4 Clone.

There is no clone shape for Stephanie 4, Aiko 4, Hiro 4, Freak 4, or Reby Sky listed.

Also, according to the PDF manual, these shapes should be under the Target, while I'm getting them under Shape in the Presets. Under Target, I only have Genesis, Genesis 2 Female, and Genesis 2 Male.

Under Transfer, none of those shapes or clones are listed under Shape, and still my only Target choices are Genesis, Genesis 2 Female, and Genesis 2 Male.

So the questions are:
    1: Why aren't Stephanie 4 clone, Aiko 4 clone, Hiro 4 clone, Freak 4 clone, or Reby Sky clone listed under my clone shapes in my Gen X tab, and how do I get them to do so?

2: Why are my clone shapes showing up in the "Shape" box instead of "Target" in the Presets?

3: How do I turn these clone shapes into real shape morphs for Genesis?

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

I am trying to transfer a K4 morph RMEsmeray to G2F, which worked fine but now how do I apply it? When you transfer from V4 you dial in the V4 shape, I can't find a K4 shape morph to dial in for G2F, where should I be looking?

edited December 1969

*** Reminder: GenX2 upgrade offer ends August 15 ***

dbbdaniel: Have a look at the version number shown in the "about installed plugins" dialog. If this says "Genesis Generation X2" and version number is 2.0.1.0, you have the actual version. If this also shows "Genesis Generation X", go to the plugins folder of DAZ Studio and delete the file d3dGenX.dll. This will uninstall version 1.

Tramp Graphics: GenX2 will automatically convert the clone morphs to working morphs if required. So, if you transfer a morph and use one of the clone tranfer presets, it will also create the clone shape. All automatically created morphs are under "Generation X / ** People **" in the shaping tab.

Most of the clone morphs that come with Genesis are dummies. The only real clones are Victoria 4, Michael 4, and Kids 4. The other shapes are the same as V4 or M4, just named for one of the derived figures. So, Aiko 4 Clone morph for Genesis is the Victoria 4 shape, not the Aiko 4 shape. (You can use "Show Hidden Properties" and edit the value range to dial in the clone morphs directly in the parameters tab under "Hidden / Clones".) You need the original generation 4 shapes if you want to transfer those morphs to Genesis.

The target figures are those that you can transfer morphs to. These are Genesis and Genesis 2 only. The target shape is the shape you want to use as the base shape for the morphs after transferring them. So, you need to select both for each transfer.

Kharma: GenX2 creates the Kids4 shape automatically when you transfer a Kids4 morph to G2F. You will find it under "Generation X / ** People **" in the shaping tab.

edited December 1969

*** Reminder: GenX2 upgrade offer ends August 15 ***

dbbdaniel: Have a look at the version number shown in the "about installed plugins" dialog. If this says "Genesis Generation X2" and version number is 2.0.1.0, you have the actual version. If this also shows "Genesis Generation X", go to the plugins folder of DAZ Studio and delete the file d3dGenX.dll. This will uninstall version 1.

Thank you!! I've got it right now. I followed the manual using the Quickstart 1: Transferring Morphs. In the Morphs list there is a column Type that has M's and C's is this morphs and controls - and should I put check marks in that column?

Thanks!!
    dbb

edited December 1969

Right, M stands for morphs, C for dials that only control morphs, and P for pose controls.

With the checkmark in the Type column, you control if the transferred morph will enable auto-follow for conformed clothing. Initially, this is on for body morphs, but off for head morphs. You may want to change this, e.g. for head morphs like Aiko or The Girl, where conformed hair should follow the skull shape changed by those morphs. Or for body morphs like the navel shape that usually don't need to be followed by clothing.

• edited December 1969

Im a Pose r user but would like to migrate several v4 characters to G2, I do have DAZ installed but hardly use it, that said id gladly purchase this if i can covert in DAZ then export the n ewv4-> G2 figure for use in Poser is this possible and would any one list out the workflow for this?

thanks!

edited December 1969

bpzen said:
    Im a Pose r user but would like to migrate several v4 characters to G2, I do have DAZ installed but hardly use it, that said id gladly purchase this if i can covert in DAZ then export the n ewv4-> G2 figure for use in Poser is this possible and would any one list out the workflow for this?

thanks!

I'd like to know also!!
    From what I can gather we need to have all of the following items to make all versions to Genesis and both of the Genesis 2 files!
    Gen 3 Iconic Shapes for Genesis
    V3 and M3 Shapes for Genesis
    A3 and H3 Shapes for Genesis
    Stephanie 3 and FREAK Shapes for Genesis
    Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female
    Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male
    Generation 4 Legacy Shapes for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Generation 4 Legacy Shapes for Genesis 2 Male(s)
    Generation 5 Legacy Shapes for Genesis 2 Male(s)
    Generation 5 Legacy Shapes for Genesis 2 Female(s)

Thank you!
    dbb