Stop putting heels on everything!

ChallyIIChallyII Posts: 49
edited June 2020 in Product Suggestions

[Stop putting heels on everything!] Please?

Seriously, another three fantasy outfits for G8 that I would have bought, except for the high heels. Who wants to fight with a [blessed] sword in heels? Can we not please have at least one outfit for female characters that doesn't have heels? Or include two sets of boots- one with heels and one with flats- or a morph to get rid of them: I'd pay extra!

Why does everything have heels?

This thread is called 'Product Suggestions', right? Well here's my product suggestion: Take any one of the fantasy warrior-woman releases for G8 throughout the figure's entire life-time and make a version without [blooming] heels. Slap on a five dollar mark-up to the original price if you have to. Is it harder to make boots that are flat? I don't know. Ten dollars then- twenty?

Please.

/Rant

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,218

Totally agree.  Heels are completely impractical on armour.

• WolfwoodWolfwood Posts: 675

/signed

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,005
    ChallyII said:

[Stop putting heels on everything!] Please?

Seriously, another three fantasy outfits for G8 that I would have bought, except for the high heels. Who wants to fight with a [blessed] sword in heels? Can we not please have at least one outfit for female characters that doesn't have heels? Or include two sets of boots- one with heels and one with flats- or a morph to get rid of them: I'd pay extra!

Why does everything have heels?

This thread is called 'Product Suggestions', right? Well here's my product suggestion: Take any one of the fantasy warrior-woman releases for G8 throughout the figure's entire life-time and make a version without [blooming] heels. Slap on a five dollar mark-up to the original price if you have to. Is it harder to make boots that are flat? I don't know. Ten dollars then- twenty?

Please.

/Rant

AMEN!  I'm not buying the Age of Heroes bundle because of the bloody heels. Two great characters with useless outfits. It's a bloody joke.

• This.

• Think of it this way, they'd have a fashionable death wearing heels...LOL

• nakamuram002nakamuram002 Posts: 769

Stilletto heels are a deadly close range weapon, why not put them on fantasy characters!!  Maybe they need to make them for the men too...

• sterlenejcsterlenejc Posts: 178
    No, you female crazed content people want pretty stuff, so there you go. Girl fighting? Not pretty. I hope in the next outfit they include different colors of heels, so you can have perfect composition. Just remove the sword, add some makeup and there you go. I cant believe in the amount of content there is for females, yet you cannot find a pair of shoes?
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

this is an old arguement nobody ever wins because Premier Artists keep telling us heels sell

someone as I said before needs to create a deheeler

you can delete some with the geometry editor and repose the foot

but

some make geograft shoes, those I dislike immensely

• this is an old arguement nobody ever wins because Premier Artists keep telling us heels sell

someone as I said before needs to create a deheeler

you can delete some with the geometry editor and repose the foot

but

some make geograft shoes, those I dislike immensely

This would be a good idea! I see outfits I like, and even some of the boots would be cool looking without the heels

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

I don't see heels on armour sets going anywhere.  But maybe there are solutions.

Perhaps the solution would be for a brave PA to produce a line of flat/low-heeled that can be matched with a variety of outfits or armour sets?

OR!  One of our fine PAs might produce a script-based product that would automagically adjust footwear geometry and adjust poses!

• There are already female armour sets without high heels.

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

I think the same goes for Pose sets. Do PAs think that females ALWAYS wear heels? What about when they have no shoes on? Do they still stand on the tips of their toes? Wouldn't it be a good idea if PAs always included a neutral foot pose option with each pose?

• ChallyIIChallyII Posts: 49
    edited June 2020

There are already female armour sets without high heels.

There are about three, and I bought them all on the day of release. And the fact that the vast majority of outfits do come with heels offends me as much as my swearing clearly offended you.

If there's time later, maybe I'll go through the product library and link all the outfits with armour and swords and fu... sorry, flipping heels, just so that nobody is in any doubt as to how ridiculous it is.

Post edited by ChallyII on
  • WolfwoodWolfwood Posts: 675

So we have some. Should there not be more variation? Should those that want to tell stories instead of just making pin ups reuse the same things over and over?

The same thing could be said about high heels. We already have unrealistic armors/suits with high heels and exposed skin on critical places. Yet, more gets released constantly.

There are multiple fantasy bundles. But more and more are released often.

We had 3 main DO fairy G8 female characters and plenty side ones. But daz still released a 4th one.

I can go on and on. But i think i made my point.

• Wolfwood said:

So we have some. Should there not be more variation? Should those that want to tell stories instead of just making pin ups reuse the same things over and over?

The same thing could be said about high heels. We already have unrealistic armors/suits with high heels and exposed skin on critical places. Yet, more gets released constantly.

There are multiple fantasy bundles. But more and more are released often.

We had 3 main DO fairy G8 female characters and plenty side ones. But daz still released a 4th one.

I can go on and on. But i think i made my point.

That wasn't intended as a "shut up, already" comment - sorry. Just pointing out that there isn't a complete dearth. For what it's worth, I do share the view that high-heels are prone to puncturing the suspension of disbelief.

• fireblastfireblast Posts: 35

I completely agree with this. Heels on armor (fantasy, sci-fi, or any other kind) is just stupid.

I think the same goes for Pose sets. Do PAs think that females ALWAYS wear heels? What about when they have no shoes on? Do they still stand on the tips of their toes? Wouldn't it be a good idea if PAs always included a neutral foot pose option with each pose?

I agree with this as well.

• Not a big fan of "heels on everything" myself, but apparently its selling; otherwise they wouldn't be making so much of it. If worse comes to worse, us unskilled geometry editors can just turn a pair of cube primitives into rectangle blocks and place them on the character's feet. Maybe throw on some torus primitives for the shoelaces. Cement shoes with rebarb laces? indecision

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

AMEN!  I'm not buying the Age of Heroes bundle because of the bloody heels. Two great characters with useless outfits. It's a bloody joke.

I am all for options, even though I love heels on my women, virtual or not, but this response made me go out and toss this bundle in the cart because I hate seeing PAs penalized like this. If you want to get the point across that you would prefer non heeled options, supporting the PA and then letting them know what your preferences are is a much better option and likely to get you better results than boycotting them.

there is a thing in this community called kitbashing, which means you don't have to use the shoes that come with any outfit.

• I don't know how many times I've seen this as well, in movies and video games... and I always laugh out loud. "If someone in heels tried a spin kick like that in real life, the only thing she'd accomplish is a broken ankle!"

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,798

Absolute aggree to it..

a Pirate lady with highheel? I am sure she would have really problems waljking on a wooden ship!

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

I fully agree. I have not bought dozens of outfits because of heels.  Forest Huntress with heels? Seriously? I would like to see an addon maybe (I would pay an extra 5 - 10 dollars) for each of theses sets that included the same style (artistic style) of low or no heeled footwear. This way people who do appreciate the heels could have them and others could choose to pay more for the realistic footwear.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    ChallyII said:

There are about three, and I bought them all on the day of release. And the fact that the vast majority of outfits do come with heels offends me as much as my swearing clearly offended you.

If there's time later, maybe I'll go through the product library and link all the outfits with armour and swords and fu... sorry, flipping heels, just so that nobody is in any doubt as to how ridiculous it is.

I'm far more offended by heels on armour than I ever could be by some words.

Now, the intent behind any word is a different matter - and a subject for elsewhere.

• nakamuram002nakamuram002 Posts: 769

Second this.  Pose sets should be expression and foot neutral.  With feet, the pose is best set by the one comes with the shoes - heeled or flat.

• BandoriFanBandoriFan Posts: 364

While I have nothing against outfits with heels I like practical footwear for my adventuring renders 

I found shoes sold seperately that look like really good tennis shoes and high top shoes 

And the outfits themselves have great pieces. And the set has some great pieces and weapons too. I especially like the Arvine Sword Outfit between the skirt gloves top and fencing sword but after I get it I'll swap out the heels for something without heels. There are so many potential styles and still some without heels but heels still outnumber without I think 

I can understand the frustration tho and more outfits without heels 

For modern non heeled shoes there's these like I mentioned

https://www.daz3d.com/high-top-sneaker-for-genesis-8-females

https://www.daz3d.com/s3d-real-sneakers-5-for-genesis-3-and-8-females

And for fantasy:

https://www.daz3d.com/s3d-fc-boots-for-genesis-3-and-8-females

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,765

If you want to get the point across that you would prefer non heeled options, supporting the PA and then letting them know what your preferences are is a much better option and likely to get you better results than boycotting them.

No, the point you would be getting across is that "armour with heels sells." Not buying products you don't like (for whatever reason) is the only sensible way to behave. I would consider buying heeled armour if the footwear could easily be replaced with something from my collection, but only if it is really good otherwise.

Second this.  Pose sets should be expression and foot neutral.  With feet, the pose is best set by the one comes with the shoes - heeled or flat.

The problem with that is, high heels don't just change the angle of the foot, they change the whole posture (not for the better, health-wise, but in a way that's supposedly more attractive):

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

I invite the PAs to wear a set of high heels (guys too!) and do a few fighting moves with them. Case closed.

• efron_24efron_24 Posts: 473

huh.. they do not have to wear these heels

you can give the ladies other shoes

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300
    edited June 2020
    The problem with that is, high heels don't just change the angle of the foot, they change the whole posture (not for the better, health-wise, but in a way that's supposedly more attractive):

That's not how it works with Daz Studio.  In DS heels solely affect the feet.   These are two basic G8Fs.  I applied the flat and high-heeled versions of one of Rarestone's poses.  The only thing that changes are the feet.  Also, Daz rigged the hip joints of F and M the same way, so none of that works the same way it does in real life.

Annotation 2020-06-20 005234.jpg
    338 x 776 - 37K
    Post edited by Sevrin on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,712
    edited June 2020

never mind

Post edited by Nath on
  • Heels on armor is just ridiculous. There's so many good armor sets that are ruined by having heels.

efron_24 said:

huh.. they do not have to wear these heels

you can give the ladies other shoes

From what? Mix-and-match doesn't always look good, especially when heel-less armor boots are rare.