Stop putting heels on everything!

124»

Comments

• HighElfHighElf Posts: 326

aaráribel caađo said:

sumirekotani said:

I don't know how many times I've seen this as well, in movies and video games... and I always laugh out loud. "If someone in heels tried a spin kick like that in real life, the only thing she'd accomplish is a broken ankle!"

I saw something that suggested a lot of time heels (or at least the platform heels like the Gal Gadot Wonder Woman wears) are there for a very film reason—the need to have the actors close in height for close-up framing when it's two heads. 

My biggest heel beef is that there's almost nothing between no/very short heel and massive ones. So many good shoes are ruined by having heels that are boarderline fetish height, which makes posing really hard because the character's foot is almost all the way down in order for it to work. Where are the equivalent of 3/4"-1" heels?

Wonder Woman is a very special case. She got mocked about her high heels in canon more than once. The most hilarious moment I can remember was in the justice league unlimited series. 

Where she was complaining about "cowboy boots" and Green Lantern asks why she is complaining about regular boots when she normally fights crime in high heels. Her answer was, "High heels that fit." With a very snarky and sarcastic undertone. Also, remember that at one point in time Diana was a Fashionista. So I wouldn't take her advice about suitable combat clothing.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629

Zwyt said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

someone as I said before needs to create a deheeler

That sounds like an excellent project for Sickleyield, she makes products like that all the time.

Believe it or not, I tried starting on this once!  I've even done deheelers for individual products I own.  The problem is that the geometry of different shoes differs so much that there's not really a way to copy a morph that will properly shorten or flatten all sets of heels equally.  Even with multiple morphs, I'm not sure it would work.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,068
    edited July 2021

But, if there weren't high heels on everything, there wouldn't be backache and you wouldn't need poses like these: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/509896/backache-poses-from-wearing-high-heels ...

And that would be awful, simply awful.

Regards,

Richard.

Backache 08.tip.png
    512 x 512 - 139K
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,575

SickleYield said:

Zwyt said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

That sounds like an excellent project for Sickleyield, she makes products like that all the time.

Believe it or not, I tried starting on this once!  I've even done deheelers for individual products I own.  The problem is that the geometry of different shoes differs so much that there's not really a way to copy a morph that will properly shorten or flatten all sets of heels equally.  Even with multiple morphs, I'm not sure it would work.

Cheers to you for trying! Unfortunately, based on my own attempts to adjust the heels on high-heeled footwear, that's what I expected would happen. But if anyone will crack it, I wouldn't bet against you being the one to do it! yes

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,575

LOL @richardandtracy! They are good, fun poses laugh

• PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495

ChallyII said:

[Stop putting heels on everything!] Please?

Seriously, another three fantasy outfits for G8 that I would have bought, except for the high heels. Who wants to fight with a [blessed] sword in heels? Can we not please have at least one outfit for female characters that doesn't have heels? Or include two sets of boots- one with heels and one with flats- or a morph to get rid of them: I'd pay extra!

Why does everything have heels?

This thread is called 'Product Suggestions', right? Well here's my product suggestion: Take any one of the fantasy warrior-woman releases for G8 throughout the figure's entire life-time and make a version without [blooming] heels. Slap on a five dollar mark-up to the original price if you have to. Is it harder to make boots that are flat? I don't know. Ten dollars then- twenty?

Please.

/Rant

First, I agree 250%

Second, here's my cheat:

https://www.daz3d.com/summer-footwear-collection-genesis-2-3-8-female-s

about 80% of the time you can justhide the existing heels and replace them with more reasonable heels from this.

• PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495
    edited July 2021

SickleYield said:

Zwyt said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

How about the SY universal heel kit?

A highly morphable sole that can be tweaked to fit underneeth most boots after you manually hide or delete the existing heels?

*edit* Apologies for the double quote.

Post edited by Psyckosama on
  • chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,775
    edited July 2021

When I saw this, I just had to share it in this thread:

Post edited by chris-2599934 on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,567

chris-2599934 said:

When I saw this, I just had to share it in this thread:

LMAO!! too freakin funny, especially when I saw the dinos in heels. I need to pick this box set up ASAP!