Retired

Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,010
edited February 2021 in Freebies

Retired.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,553

Nice! good luck with the new computer!

I'd love to see a V4 to G8 clone. I tried to make my own, but had issues and the converter that is out gives terrible results.

• Yes, please, Autofit clones for V4 and M4. Thank you soooo much for doing this!

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,010
    edited February 2021

nm

• Yes, please, Autofit clones for V4 and M4. Thank you soooo much for doing this!

... and next on list of course, M4 to G8 ... could be a week or so.

• Thank you very nice.

edited September 2019

Thank you very nice.

You're very welcome, enjoy!

Editing [not to bump the post needlessly]

Not remaking the wheel -- made use of the V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis [sold in the Daz3d store] which IMHO are a necessity to have anyway -- to make suitable V4 and M4 clothing clones. The How-to will be in Tutorial form 'cause I'm not redistributing these shapes of course! One also needs to have V4 and M4 for their .obj files. The tutorial is a walk through using an older edition of D/S and Hexagon. Here are the promo images as a teaser ;-) 

• I still use older verisons myself just install betas to look at new features. Too many things get broken with updates and I don't want to be a beta tester. Usually, it is a good idea to update to latest version of software but DAZ does not let you go backwards in editions so I stick to what works and only update when I ablsolutely have to. Looking foward to your tutorial. Thank you

• I still use older verisons myself just install betas to look at new features. Too many things get broken with updates and I don't want to be a beta tester. Usually, it is a good idea to update to latest version of software but DAZ does not let you go backwards in editions so I stick to what works and only update when I ablsolutely have to. Looking foward to your tutorial. Thank you

Supposed to get my new computer tomorrow so that will be getting the latest edition of D/S -- hoping I can fanthom something called dForce hair.

Shopping cart today was not displaying free what was posted as free so waiting awhile on that. This ipad is rather quirky and it's hard even to type a sentence without the cursor jumping to other lines! Sigh ...

Back on topic, the images are in the proof-reading pile so "maybe" tomorrow or Friday. Will release them in a new thread which I'll devote for my tutorials.

• Look foward to it. Ipad's are nice just too expensive. I just get cheap pc knockoff's Tablet with android.

edited September 2019

Look foward to it. Ipad's are nice just too expensive. I just get cheap pc knockoff's Tablet with android.

You know, that might what I have lol ... have not kept up to date with all the terms ... it was not very expensive, android, and comes apart! Yup. Can remove the keyboard and use the monitor like a pad. Anyhow, just got home with the new computer :-) It will take awhile to get it all set up however the tutorials are in pdf form for proof reading, probable release Friday.

{love the new computer but the W10 ebrowser {or whatever it's called} would not show the Forums!} Back to Firefox but if anybody knows why feel free to share the knowledge ;-)

• MS edge yeah, I just use google Chrome. Faster easier to use in Windows 10.

edited February 2021

retired

• I have had to get windows 10 pro for may secondary computer just so I could defer updates. I really don't like all the stuff MS is doing with this OS. I also paid so if they complain I can say it was not the free version but I paid.

• One question:  what's the "Clone Asset" save do?  (Image from @Catherine3678ab's tutorial.)

Making Clones - What's This.jpg
    1476 x 1188 - 403K
    edited October 2019

One question:  what's the "Clone Asset" save do?  (Image from @Catherine3678ab's tutorial.)

I have no idea ... don't recall anybody ever saying to use it so I haven't been. Should we?

Edit to add: it could be that the files would be saved in data, into different folders. No difference to the user files that I'm aware of.

Edit and update: well I took a that, it appears to be for a different work flow altogether so am staying with saving the autofit clones as morph assets. It works.

• How about a Genesis 3 to Genesis clone? 

edited October 2019

How about a Genesis 3 to Genesis clone? 

I'll look into my basket and see ... {in trying to be sure to have 'clean clones' for the release files, I moved all my purchases etc. out of the folder. Then when I put them back in, they didn't show up until I rebooted the computer so I've been a tad leery about repeating the process}. However I do feel like doing something this weekend so I'll see.

Gave G3F a whirl but you know, there are some challenges with the Genesis figure which were not solvable tonight. And, I just got a phone call, family semi-emergency stuff so RL has to come first.

However, [and I highly recommend her work] Sickleyield's store is on sale atm and the Bundle for G3 clones for Genesis is on sale as are the individual packages. Her products include more than just the autofit clone and quite frankly, I think they are all there for a reason ;-)

• The above are no longer on sale [but they will again be so one day ;-) ] ... and these are not on sale today but are another option to obtain Genesis clones for the G3 figures:

https://www.daz3d.com/wear-them-all-autofitting-clones-and-clothing-smoothers-for-genesis-3-male-s

https://www.daz3d.com/wear-them-all-autofitting-clones-and-clothing-smoothers-for-genesis-3-female-s

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,210

How about a Genesis 3 to Genesis clone? 

I'll look into my basket and see ... {in trying to be sure to have 'clean clones' for the release files, I moved all my purchases etc. out of the folder. Then when I put them back in, they didn't show up until I rebooted the computer so I've been a tad leery about repeating the process}. However I do feel like doing something this weekend so I'll see.

Gave G3F a whirl but you know, there are some challenges with the Genesis figure which were not solvable tonight. And, I just got a phone call, family semi-emergency stuff so RL has to come first.

However, [and I highly recommend her work] Sickleyield's store is on sale atm and the Bundle for G3 clones for Genesis is on sale as are the individual packages. Her products include more than just the autofit clone and quite frankly, I think they are all there for a reason ;-)

...and they're worth every penny, on sale or not smiley

Awesome work you're doing here Catherine3678ab!

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,515

Generous as always, Catherine! heart

Thank you both :-)

Sickleyield shared a process for converting G3 outfits to G8 and vice versa without a clone. I tried it on a couple outfits and it works. Clones should do the job with less effort, though.

Baking joint rotations sounds rather final. When you next load the figure is it back to the way it should be?

And yes, the clones are less work. Basically select the appropriate match and you're done. If the clothing is a keeper, save the modified clothing to a different set of folders so as to not overwrite the original files.

Baking joint rotations sounds rather final. When you next load the figure is it back to the way it should be?

And yes, the clones are less work. Basically select the appropriate match and you're done. If the clothing is a keeper, save the modified clothing to a different set of folders so as to not overwrite the original files.

There's a video, too. It's a lot more helpful! Yes, the figure is the way it should be. I will put something together to show that. I like the way it worked, but clones seem like a better solution.

Torquinox said:

There's a video, too. It's a lot more helpful! Yes, the figure is the way it should be. I will put something together to show that. I like the way it worked, but clones seem like a better solution.

Okay that's good to know, thanks.

I like using my clones ;-)

Not 'everything' works well for to be converted between figures but given the amount of content most of us have collected over the years, all closets are full :-)

edited June 2020

I wanted to finish up my part on this. The suit is a Powerage product from Rendo. It comes with the bike, the suit, some poses. It's good!

1) I gave the G3 version of the G8 biker suit its own set of apply buttons.

2) You can see the suit applied to G3 and G8 after following SY's fitting process, and the suit's morphs still work..

3) The process does not actually duplicate or overwrite any of the underlying files. Without G3 as a parent, the G3 version is still the G8 suit! And it opens very wide.

4) Applying one of the poses to G3 and G8, we see the suit bends with the G3 figure. We also see how G8 poses apply to G3 figures, but that's a separate topic.

I hope that helps.

g3-g8-catsuit0.jpg
    560 x 619 - 75K
    g3-g8-catsuit2.jpg
    1200 x 782 - 174K
    g3-g8-catsuit3.jpg
    1200 x 782 - 208K
    g3-g8-catsuit4.jpg
    1200 x 782 - 182K
    Post edited by Torquinox on

Okay good to know, thank you :-)

Okay good to know, thank you :-)

I say thank you! You always have these wonderful tutorials and freebies. I appreciate that smiley

You're more than welcome :-)

For those interested, Sickleyield has a few items on sale today :-)

Genesis 8 clones for Genesis 3

Victoria 4 and Michael 4 clones for Genesis 8

Her clone products come with more than just the clones, she has some projection templates as well as helper morphs.