Comments

• spuddyspuddy Posts: 449
    edited June 2020

mountain majestic3.png
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by spuddy on
    edited June 2020

having another stab at a double stacked terrain ....Rockface....first render

mountain majestic3.png
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by spuddy on
    edited June 2020

Post edited by spuddy on
    edited June 2020

about time i learned how to post properly smiley is there a delete option on edit

Post edited by spuddy on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956
    edited June 2020

Horo - Wow fantastic render, absolutely superb.

Spuddy - beautiful renders,  great improvement with the lighting and textures especially the water texture. The globe2 is a bit on the dark side, maybe this tutorial by David will help you :  https://www.bryce-tutorials.info/bryce-tutorials/bryce-landscaping-lighting-canyon/

spuddy said:

about time i learned how to post properly smiley is there a delete option on edit

No there is no delete option if you mean to delete a complete post.

Thanks for you comment on my experiments.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

Hanmar, Rieke77 and mermaid - thank you.

spuddy - greatly improved, I like the second best and the third is also very nice. The dark reddish scene with the mirror ball is fascinating.
    The terrain shown was made in World Machine 2017 by David Brinnen for the Stacking Terrain set. First: the Bryce Terrain Editor (TE) is very good and has many options to discover. The caveat is that if you create terrains bigger than 1024 (Massive Resolution) it gets slow, 4096 (Planetary Resolution) is terribly slow. I got the test version of GeoControl 2 in 2014 but it wasn't supported anymore (I couldn't buy it) and sold to World Creator so I purchased the Indie version in 2014. I still use it to generate 8192 terrains and scale them down. Not always but often I modify the terrains further in TE-Filters.
    Rockface looks very good. By the way - this forum software is not exactly user friendly, don't blame yourself.

mermaid010 Thanks for you comment ...yes the globe one is really meant to be that dark ...sort of an alien visitation melting the rock

Horo thanks for you comments and the info  Funny I was just looking at world machine....I do all my renders in planetary in the main not to tardy  the vegitation ones did  take a couple of hours though mainly because I had over kill on the amount because I found it difficult to work out in the instancing editor where exactly they were going ..is there a trick I'm missing.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,076

Horo : Stunning snowy mountain scene.

Spuddy : great improvement on the terrain scenes. I  like the dark one, it's somehow mysterious.

Rockface is very nicely done.

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    spuddy said:

spuddy, You can delete it while editing, but not quite. Hover over the gear at the top right of the message and click "edit." Select everything and press "Delete". Then put a period (or any character) and save. In a duplicate message, only a dot remains.

Thanks.......adbc

Thanks.....Slepalex  for the info

edited June 2020

This is a Fly Over of part of  the terrain used for puddles before anyone says it yes  the horizon is meant to be angledsmiley

puddles10.png
    1754 x 875 - 3M
    Post edited by spuddy on
  • Rieke77Rieke77 Posts: 618

@ spuddy - all your renders are very beautiful.

spuddy - the Fly Over looks nice. The horizon is quite fine in this angle since the airplane in which the photograph sat just banked. laugh

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858

fantastic new renders in here at the moment, great work :)

Spuddy : Beautiful fly over render.

Spuddy - nice flyover render

edited June 2020

Two Alien Artifacts Vol1 by MatCreator on a Seamless Backdrop by Fencepost with a hatcher from Stylised Rendering for the lines. Ambient light and the background by the Stairways HDRI, the key light by the sun. Rendered with soft IBL and sun shadows.

Beat It

BeatIt.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 191K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited June 2020

Interesting render Horo, I like the effect.

One more using the Specular to TA lighting, the 2nd one I deviated from Horo’s idea, it’s a Regular Render with one Radial light surrounding the scene only Specular no Diffuse, and I used one of the skies from Landscapes under Fantastic Skies, the ground plane is fully transparent and reflective no diffuse and the object is partially transparent and reflective again no diffuse. I like the effects although the 1st is a bit grainy.

ex11.jpg
    600 x 600 - 228K
    ex15.jpg
    575 x 575 - 260K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

Horo : Great render, nice texture on the artifacts.

mermaid : Nicely done, beautiful colours. 

mermaid - thank you. Another two great Specular to TA  lit object, the second is my favorite.

adbc - thank you.

Thanks Adbc and Horo

@ Horo - wow, the alien artifacts render look awesome

@ mermaid010 - great Specular to TA lighting images with beautiful colors

Thanks fo rthe kind  comments

Horo great artifacts I won't pretend that I understand what you did but it looks spectacular

mermaid010 again lost on me but I love the results  as adbc said  lovely colours

edited June 2020

still experimenting

quarry land lake.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by spuddy on

Thanks Rieke

Spuddy - very nice landscape, thanks for the comments.

Rieke77 - thank you.

spuddy - thank you. Great experimenting results.

@ spuddy - very beautiful landscape

Spuddy : beautiful experiment.

mermaid010...Horo.....Reike77.....adbc....Thank you all;.... your comments are very much appreciated

to put my renders into context I paint two types of landscapes one painterly and one more photorealistic. With bryce I'm trying to get a happy medium between the two  also I am a very lazy painter..They are both just straight digital paintings from scratch no photo bashing etc

I apologize if I am not allowed to post these two Pictures to show you please just remove them if that is the case

snow pond.jpg
    3500 x 1615 - 1M
    brora beach.jpg
    1900 x 1729 - 1M
This discussion has been closed.