Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 11

Comments

• spuddyspuddy Posts: 449

Santi010.....Butterfly ...very striking image I like it

Horo.....the triple stacked terrain is excellent

edited May 2020

I fiddled and faffed with the material on the sea cliff /mountain but didn't really like the results...So with my usual sense of adventure and naivety I embarked on just making my own completely different material look

I also  added some foliage to help lead the eye into the image...don't be afraid to say how rubbish it is .I have loads more where this came from believe me ha ha 

sea cliffs new material mine.png
    2M
    Post edited by spuddy on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,111

Horo : Excellent render.

Spuddy : lovely image.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,025

Spuddy - Wow superb render.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,152

santi010, Rieke77, mermaid, Tim, spuddy and adbc - thank you.

spuddy - that looks very good. Of course, it can still be improved but the composition and the haze setting are both spot on.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,764

Horo: great triple stack render.

Spuddy: very nice version. However, the bigger picture does not look sharp to me, while the original one when expanded looks crisp. I am not sure how this happens.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858

@spuddy, very nice render, really good lighting and mood created :) ....but as Horo said there is definitely room for improvement there, keep up the great work though :)

edited May 2020

adbc...mermaid010,,,Horo...Tim82...Hansmar...Thank you

Hansmar yes blurry image completely down to me not getting it right I was saving the address of the attached image not expanded and pulling it up to 800 rather than the expanded image and reducing it to 800 didn't get the correct angle on the instructions i was given but now all is well

Question I personnaly quite  like the effect of the material in the foreground sort of shaley sedimentary look but not so much as it recedes what governs how a material acts with the perspective is it hit and miss or is the actual shape of the mountain in this case the greatest  influence on it....Or is it the lighting as I realise that has a profound effect on how things look .... Or is it how the material is formulated cos I was working in the dark making it... Or is it simply thats how the limitations of the software work or is it a bit all of those things...where is the best information on creating materials found.as it is something that really interests me..... sorry if this is a stupid question/s

Post edited by spuddy on

Hansmar - thank you.

spuddy - you can apply a material as World Space or Object Space (among others). On the texture in the MatLab, click on the lower right button to open the options list. It also depends on the size of the object. Channels A and B are mixed with Alpha of Channel C and in the DTE (Deep Texture Editor) you can determine the behavior how channels A and B mix: with height, slope,  orientation (lower left down arrow of the component), and if more than one component is used, how they mix together. There are many options but none that governs the perspective/distance as such.

Horo... Thanks I didn't know about world space etc and I see I need to play with all the other bits to see how it all works it would be nice to have a planned approach next time as opposed to randomly changing things and seeing what it produced... thanks again your help is  much appreciated

edited May 2020

Spuddy - Maybe these links will help:

Robin Woods https://www.robinwood.com/Catalog/Technical/BryceTuts/BrycePages/Bryce1Start.html  ; --- you can skip the earlier sections.

https://www.bryce-tutorials.info/bryce-tutorials/. ;

Basically just playing with the controls and getting familiar with what each control does is the best way to learn Bryce. That is why I love playing with Bryce, but tutorials help too smiley

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • Rieke77Rieke77 Posts: 618

@ spuddy - beautiful image. I like coastal scenes.

edited May 2020

Thank you Mermaid010 I will check them out

Thanks Rieke77  

still plugging away

a view through the trees.png
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by spuddy on
    edited May 2020

spuddy - that's a very nice scene. You get the hang of Bryce.

A terrain from the Terrain Stacking set with a material inspired by David Brinnen (Tau Variant) that was also used modified for the ground plane (the lake). Stars, cluster and galaxy from the Space Construction Kit. The visible sun and all the light by the Rockfall HDRI.

Blue World

BlueWorld.jpg
    1200 x 795 - 187K
    Post edited by Horo on

Spuddy - lovely scene, I like it.

Horo - Wow beautiful render, i like the reflections in the water.

edited May 2020

Thank you Horo  I like your render very striking and other worldly

Thank you Mermaid010

couple of renders with a space theme

alone 3.png
    1958 x 1005 - 1M
    alone.jpg
    5668 x 3387 - 6M
    Post edited by spuddy on
    edited May 2020

Spuddy : great landscape, beautiful sky. The space landscapes are very well done.

Horo : Excellent image, looks like a magical place.

A new image, just dreaming of ... Time for a cruise.

Time for a cruise.jpg
    940 x 540 - 72K
    Post edited by adbc on

Spuddy - two very nice space scenes.

@ spuddy - very beautiful landscape and your space images are nicely done.

@ Horo - oh wow, fantastic. It looks like a frozen lake. I love it.

@ adbc - what a great idea and image. Take me with them, please.

mermaid - thank you.

spuddy - thank you. Two very cool space renders. Our Moon in the first picture looks great.

adbc - thank you. Well done scene, I like the desert city under a beautiful sky.

Rieke77 - thank you.

edited May 2020

adbc...mermaid010...Rieke77 thank you

adbc lovely image very calming

some more sillyness.... Rock Pool

rock pool3.png
    1754 x 875 - 3M
    Post edited by spuddy on

Rieke77, Horo, Spuddy : thank you.

Spuddy : Rock pool is very beautiful, well done.

spuddy - great scene with excellent vegetation.

Adbc - Beautiful render, lovely idea, I think we cross posted.

Spuddy - wow another awesome render with nice vegetation.

mermaid : thank you !

@ spuddy - great scene and I like the vegetation.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,764

Spuddy: Your landscape is nice. The two space scenes are interesting, I really like the colours and the second one in general is very good. The rock pool has very nice vegetation and is very well rendered.

Horo: That is a very special terrain and special texturing.

Adbc: Wonderful Middle-Eastern city and great sky. One thing, though, the people on the cruise ship do not have a lot of room, I would think; the cruise ship appears to be much too small compared to the city and the palms. Cruise ships are enormous things, easily 5 or 6 storeys high. This one is closer to the viewer than the two to three storey buildings in the back, but it still looks much less high. I think, the scene actually does not need a cruise ship. What about a Dhow instead?

Hansmar : thank you. Well my first idea was to add a junk, could not find a suitable model. And yes without any vessel it woud look OK as well.

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    adbc said:

Hansmar : thank you. Well my first idea was to add a junk, could not find a suitable model. And yes without any vessel it woud look OK as well.

Just move the vessel deeper from the camera into the scene and increase the size.

edited May 2020

Hansmar - thank you.

An experiment: Terrain and material from the Terrain Stacking set, Bryce clouds, HDRI sky colour and ambient light, sun for the key light.

Bowl

Same scene but behind the lake is a 2D-Face with a zoom filter. The horizontal angle of view in the front is 100° and 45° for the far mountains.

Bowl Far Zoom

At left a coloured filter that shows the position of the zoom lens. At right, the first render picture was rendered with a cyan filter and the one with the zoom lens with a red filter. Both rendered images were added in HDRShop. The part in front of the zoom filter has the right colours (red+cyan), the part behind the lens not.

Bowl Filter Mixed

Bowl.jpg
    1200 x 840 - 220K
    BowlFarZoom.jpg
    1200 x 840 - 278K
    BowlFiltMix.jpg
    1200 x 420 - 129K
    Post edited by Horo on
This discussion has been closed.