New Release: Genesis Generation X2 (upgrade ends soon) [Commercial]

Comments

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

lv426 said:
    Probably a stupid question, but if I purchase this and the G2 add-on, will I be able to transfer custom dialed characters between Genesis and G2?

GenX2 supports any kind of morphs. So yes, you can transfer custom morphs, dialed characters, or a mixture of both made for Genesis 1 to either Genesis 2 Female or Genesis 2 Male with GenX2. You have two options: Either you transfer separate morphs and the dial settings, or you simply merge the morphs based on the dial settings into one new morph.

• lv426lv426 Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

lv426 said:
    Probably a stupid question, but if I purchase this and the G2 add-on, will I be able to transfer custom dialed characters between Genesis and G2?

GenX2 supports any kind of morphs. So yes, you can transfer custom morphs, dialed characters, or a mixture of both made for Genesis 1 to either Genesis 2 Female or Genesis 2 Male with GenX2. You have two options: Either you transfer separate morphs and the dial settings, or you simply merge the morphs based on the dial settings into one new morph.

Thanks.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Are the improvements primarily to allow the use of Genesis2, or would there be significant benefits to the new version even if only Genesis1 was being used?

edited December 1969

Are the improvements primarily to allow the use of Genesis2, or would there be significant benefits to the new version even if only Genesis1 was being used?

There are also several improvements that are not related to Genesis 2. Clone morphs are automatically turned into working morphs, there are transfer options for improved quality, and automated corrections for differences in rigging (e.g. V4 and M4 lower jaw). Also, there are improvements in the figure specific definitions. Finally, the announced upcoming add-ons will not be working with GenX1, because they require new features.

• blkcrow820blkcrow820 Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

Thank you for this update and thank you for the pricing for GenX owners. It made my morning. :coolsmile:

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

OMG I was practically tripping over myself to get to my computer today to see if this had been released! In my cart as we speak altho I won't get to play until a little later...thank you so much for this product D3D, it is one of the most valuable items I have purchased!!

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Just thought I'd mention how pleased I am with the upgrade. I've only done one transfer so far (I just finished night shift, & I need to sleep), but it worked perfectly, without a hitch. I transferred Mr. Hyde over to G2M, and it looks good. Naturally, the Mr. Hyde skin textures don't work on G2M, but I'm sure I can work out something useable when Zev0's new skin product comes out. Until then, adjusting the diffuse channel on the shaping tab is a passable substitute. I think I'll try transferring the DAZ Monstrosities when I wake up.

• RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

I was excited about this release, but I am trying to transfer a custom-dialed version of GND4.2 to Genesis 2. I tried it as individual morphs, which now seem to be available when I load Genesis 2, but basically, I'd still have to re-dial my GND4.2-based character all over again, which is a non-starter.

So, I tried again, but this time as a single morph. When I load a new Genesis 2 Female base. my new character morph is available, and the body looks okay... but the head/face do not appear to reflect any of GND4's facial features, which is more then disappointing. I used the "load values from character in the scene" option, so I don't understand why this is happening.

How can one counteract this? If I could get her face to look the same as that of the V4 based version, I might be able to use the Gen2F version. Now, though, there is no facial likeness at all, so the uniqueness of the character is lost, and I fear this may occur with other characters.

- Also, if I re-try the tool using the same name for the single morph every time, is the output (hopefully) overwriting the previous morph?

- When hitting "Transfer", I'm getting a prompt that says "some values are 0... continue anyway?", no matter where I tell GenX2 to get the values from. Is this normal? If not, what might be the issue? Not seeing anything on these issues in the documentation.

Thank you.

• diogenese19348diogenese19348 Posts: 926
    edited December 1969

I was wondering why it wasn't showing up as March Madness. I held off when I first saw it this morning because I thought that might be a glitch (I've learned never to buy anything associated with a sale until DAZ is up and running for the day and corrects the glitches).

Any case, now that I know the reason, into the cart it all goes. Thanks, I'll have a busy evening playing with it ;)

• jade monkeyjade monkey Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

blkcrow said:
    Thank you for this update and thank you for the pricing for GenX owners. It made my morning. :coolsmile:

this x2!

thank you! :-)

edited December 1969

masi3vee said:
    I was excited about this release, but I am trying to transfer a custom-dialed version of GND4.2 to Genesis 2. I tried it as individual morphs, which now seem to be available when I load Genesis 2, but basically, I'd still have to re-dial my GND4.2-based character all over again, which is a non-starter.

So, I tried again, but this time as a single morph. When I load a new Genesis 2 Female base. my new character morph is available, and the body looks okay... but the head/face do not appear to reflect any of GND4's facial features, which is more then disappointing. I used the "load values from character in the scene" option, so I don't understand why this is happening.

How can one counteract this? If I could get her face to look the same as that of the V4 based version, I might be able to use the Gen2F version. Now, though, there is no facial likeness at all, so the uniqueness of the character is lost, and I fear this may occur with other characters.

- Also, if I re-try the tool using the same name for the single morph every time, is the output (hopefully) overwriting the previous morph?

- When hitting "Transfer", I'm getting a prompt that says "some values are 0... continue anyway?", no matter where I tell GenX2 to get the values from. Is this normal? If not, what might be the issue? Not seeing anything on these issues in the documentation.

Thank you.

From my experience, face morphs transfer very well, so if the transferred morph looks much different, it's rather likely that something went wrong during transfer.

First reason why a character may look different after transfer is that you forgot to dial the target character to the shape of the source figure. When you transfer a morph from V4 to G2F, you first have to use a morph to turn G2F into the shape of V4. This can be done with the clone morph that is turned into a working morph by GenX2. Or this can be done with one of the V4 morphs for Genesis 2 (or the one for Genesis transferred to Genesis 2) available from other vendors.

Second reason is that some morphs were missing in transfer. There are some options to reduce the number of morphs shown in the morph list by hiding morphs that are usually not set directly. But this may cause morphs missing in transfer. From the context menu in the morph list, enable "All controlled morphs" and disable "hidden morphs" to ensure all morphs are listed. In case of problems, compare the morphs with a non-zero value in the list and in the figure. Also, be sure all morphs with a non-zero value are actually selected for transfer. You can use "Transfer: On for all non-zero values" to ensure this.

When using individual morphs, you can create a dial that sets the morph values with the "Create controller" transfer mode, and you can create a shaping preset to set the morph values with the "Create preset" transfer mode. In both cases, the same holds as said before about missing morphs.

If you get the message that some values are 0, this means that some morphs are selected for transfer, but that have a 0 value. For some transfer modes (in particular for "create single morph"), this means that the morph will be ignored just like a 0 value morph is doing nothing in a figure. Use "Transfer: All off" to reset which morphs are selected for transfer and then use "Transfer: On for all non-zero values" to select those morphs only that will have an effect on the created morph.

When using the same name again for a morph transferred with "Create single morph", any existing one will be replaced.

• azoohouseazoohouse Posts: 660
    edited December 1969

I'm a little confused with installation. I have upgraded to GenX2 and have purchased the gen3 add-on bundle for the first time. These 3 files were included in DIM. Do I also need to install them or not?

Capture.PNG
    961 x 291 - 14K
    edited December 1969

azoohouse said:
    I'm a little confused with installation. I have upgraded to GenX2 and have purchased the gen3 add-on bundle for the first time. These 3 files were included in DIM. Do I also need to install them or not?

The Gen3 add-ons still also include the GenX1 version for customers who not upgrade to GenX2. If you are using GenX2, you only need to install the GenX2 versions, ignore the GenX versions of the add-ons. (Unlike for the plugin, it won't do any harm if you install both, it's just useless.)

• StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
    edited March 2014

Thank you for GenX 2 and the fantastic price for us Gen X owners :-) Happy Happy Hoot Hoot

Post edited by Strixowl on
    edited March 2014

masi3vee said:

Thank you.

From my experience, face morphs transfer very well, so if the transferred morph looks much different, it's rather likely that something went wrong during transfer.

First reason why a character may look different after transfer is that you forgot to dial the target character to the shape of the source figure. When you transfer a morph from V4 to G2F, you first have to use a morph to turn G2F into the shape of V4. This can be done with the clone morph that is turned into a working morph by GenX2. Or this can be done with one of the V4 morphs for Genesis 2 (or the one for Genesis transferred to Genesis 2) available from other vendors.

Second reason is that some morphs were missing in transfer. There are some options to reduce the number of morphs shown in the morph list by hiding morphs that are usually not set directly. But this may cause morphs missing in transfer. From the context menu in the morph list, enable "All controlled morphs" and disable "hidden morphs" to ensure all morphs are listed. In case of problems, compare the morphs with a non-zero value in the list and in the figure. Also, be sure all morphs with a non-zero value are actually selected for transfer. You can use "Transfer: On for all non-zero values" to ensure this.

When using individual morphs, you can create a dial that sets the morph values with the "Create controller" transfer mode, and you can create a shaping preset to set the morph values with the "Create preset" transfer mode. In both cases, the same holds as said before about missing morphs.

If you get the message that some values are 0, this means that some morphs are selected for transfer, but that have a 0 value. For some transfer modes (in particular for "create single morph"), this means that the morph will be ignored just like a 0 value morph is doing nothing in a figure. Use "Transfer: All off" to reset which morphs are selected for transfer and then use "Transfer: On for all non-zero values" to select those morphs only that will have an effect on the created morph.

When using the same name again for a morph transferred with "Create single morph", any existing one will be replaced.

Thank you for your detailed reply.

I tried it again, and I have the original character and the Gen2 version so close that there are only very minor differences... but that was before I saw your reply. Now I am almost finished surfacing the new character, but I'm still not sure if I did the transfer entirely correctly. So I'm debating whether to start over again.

Regarding your first paragraph, I followed the documentation, and selected GND4.2 as the source character, Victorua 4 as the shape, and Genesis 2 Female as the target. I used "single morph" this time. Sadly, I cannot remember whether I used "get values from figure in scene" or "on for all non-zero values". I used "ignore conditional morphs" because that seemed to be the broadest (safest?) selection.

As to:

"enable "All controlled morphs" and disable "hidden morphs"

I'm not following you on this; I don't see any reference to the quoted options anywhere. Again, it's frustrating because I think I'm close, but not entirely sure it's as it should be.

Post edited by RenderPretender on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

Are the DIM files downloadable through the product library or just the .exe, I went to download the Gen3 addons but there was only .exe that I seen, I don't have internet to use my iphone to download a lot of my smaller files

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

In the Product Library, select the item you want to download.

There is a Blue label for Download (EXE), and a Green one for the DIM (ZIP) file. If you are using GenX2, you don't need the ones marked 'GenX'

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...so if you already have the legacy figure addons (like Aiko & Hiro 3) those have been updated then and don't need to be repurchased?

Also still a bit confuddled by the following:

Is the Genx2 Add On for Genesis2 required to transfer morphs from previous generations to G2F/G2M?

Are all Genesis/Gen5 characters and morphs (e.g. Aiko5, David5, Hitomi, YT5 [Julie & Justin], Stalker Girl, Genesis Sadie/Sam, Genesis Mavka and other third party morphs) transferrable to G2F/G2M?

When legacy figure morphs like "Victoria4" are mentioned, does that include the entire "unimesh" family (Aiko4/Girl4/SheFreak4/Steph4)?

edited December 1969

Another issue, sadly. I just noticed that, after transferring GND4.2 to Gen2F, the latter version's fingernails are going THROUGH her fingertips instead of atop them. Have no idea where to even begin sorting out how that might have happened, or how to correct it. Ideas welcome.

edited December 1969

masi3vee: You may try again without overwriting the existing, to see which one looks better or if there is a difference at all.

The options to control the morphs shown in the list are in the context menu of the morph list under "Show in list".

For "create single morph", "ignore conditional morphs" should make no difference. These options determine how to deal with dependencies when transferring individual morphs.

Kyoto Kid: Yes, the Gen3 add-ons are updated for free, you only have to download and install the GenX2 versions.

Yes, any transfer to/from/between G2F and G2M will require the Genesis 2 add-on.

Yes, all morphs from Genesis should be transferable to G2. In the promos, you see most of those you named.

Yes, support for V4 includes all V4 morphs like A4/G4 etc. See the promos for examples with Girl 4 and She Freak 4.

(Isn't it nice to reply everything with "Yes"?)

masi3vee: I guess this already happens as soon as you set the base morph for V4 in G2F. The problem is that this morph bends the fingers (and it does so by morphing, not by rotating the bones), so the nails morph goes into the wrong direction. Transfer some nail morphs from V4 to G2F, they should work for the morphed G2F.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid: Yes, the Gen3 add-ons are updated for free, you only have to download and install the GenX2 versions.

Yes, any transfer to/from/between G2F and G2M will require the Genesis 2 add-on.

Yes, all morphs from Genesis should be transferable to G2. In the promos, you see most of those you named.

Yes, support for V4 includes all V4 morphs like A4/G4 etc. See the promos for examples with Girl 4 and She Freak 4.

...yes. ;-)
    edited March 2014

masi3vee: You may try again without overwriting the existing, to see which one looks better or if there is a difference at all.

The options to control the morphs shown in the list are in the context menu of the morph list under "Show in list".

For "create single morph", "ignore conditional morphs" should make no difference. These options determine how to deal with dependencies when transferring individual morphs.

masi3vee: I guess this already happens as soon as you set the base morph for V4 in G2F. The problem is that this morph bends the fingers (and it does so by morphing, not by rotating the bones), so the nails morph goes into the wrong direction. Transfer some nail morphs from V4 to G2F, they should work for the morphed G2F.

Thank you once again. I may try again tomorrow, but I have been playing with this all day. I have the two versions so close that even you might not be able to tell them apart, and any slight differences I managed to tweak with other morphs. It's hard now to see anything other than microscopic differences, though I might try your suggestions if I find some time tomorrow.

As to the nails, I found a morph that I suppose was competing with another one, so I neg'd it out and that issue was solved. The Gen2F nails are long low, though a slightly different shape.

The mesh appears to behave slightly differently than a "stock" Gen2F, such as in joint bending, but it's still far better than the original GND4.2.

Thank you again for your support... will investigate your suggestions.

Apologies, though... I see no reference at all to "show in list" anywhere. :(

UPDATE: Found it, did the transfer again, overwriting the original, and all seems intact.

Post edited by RenderPretender on
  • VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 549
    edited December 1969

Probably another silly question, but I don't imagine this will allow users to transfer Genesis morphs to Legacy Figures (ex Genesis to Kids 4)?

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

The updates for the Gen3 add-ons to work with GenX2 are now available for download at DAZ via DIM or Product Library.

Excellent.

Of course it would help if the file list specified which one is 32-bit and which is 64-bit. I'm assuming that the (marginally) larger one is the 64-bit version?

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,811
    edited March 2014

Just to be clear: does this work the way that the previous Generation X did, where you needed to transfer all of the morphs needed for a given shape first, before doing any specific characters? I tried transferring a specific dialspun Genesis character to G2M, and got a long long LONG list of missing morphs and a slider that does absolutely nothing.

In order to transfer a Genesis character and have it look right, I'd need to transfer all of Genesis to G2F/G2M first, then the specific character?

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited March 2014

JOdel said:
    The updates for the Gen3 add-ons to work with GenX2 are now available for download at DAZ via DIM or Product Library.

Excellent.

Of course it would help if the file list specified which one is 32-bit and which is 64-bit. I'm assuming that the (marginally) larger one is the 64-bit version?
    The addons don't have separate 32/64 bit versions, only the main GenX2 plugin does. You're seeing 4 files because 2 of them are GenX1 win/mac and the other 2 are GenX2 win/mac.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Then why are there two of each? One marginally larger than the other. Two for the PC and two for the Mac.

edited March 2014

JOdel said:
    Then why are there two of each? One marginally larger than the other. Two for the PC and two for the Mac.

I just told you why.

Look at the names of the downloads closely.

GenX Addon: 1 for win and 1 for mac
    GenX2 Addon: 1 for win and 1 for mac
    That's 4 files.

I'm guessing the Mac files are larger due to compression.

GenX2 does not use the older version of the addons from the first GenX.

edited December 1969

I'm not talking about those. I'm talking about the updated gen3 add-ons. *Each* of those has 4 files for *each* part. two for Mac, two for PC, not (quite) the same size, and not labeled as to why there are two of them.

That's a total of 12 files for 3 packages. Of which presumably we only need 3.

edited March 2014

Because GenX2 has new files. GenX2 does not use the GenX files.

They're not just updated. They're completely repackaged and renamed.

The 2 labeled OLD are for the previous version of GenX.
    The 2 labeled NEW are for this new GenX2 version.
    You only download the 1 NEW version for your OS.

GenX_GenX2.png
    930 x 159 - 27K