DAZ Install Manager (DIM) 1.0.1.115, Now Available!

DAZ_BrianDAZ_Brian Posts: 345
edited April 2014 in The Commons

DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the next public version of the DAZ Install Manager - version 1.0.1.115!

What is new in this version?

The 1.0.1.115 version is a maintenance release and fixes or makes improvements to several issues discovered since the 1.0.1.108 General Release. More detail on specific fixes/changes/improvements can be found in the Change Log, which can be viewed online within the Documentation Center portion of our site. All new downloads of DAZ Install Manager will be of this version.

Highlights are:
1) Changed the file registry to be JSON based
2) Improved progress accuracy
3) Updated Default Filters
4) Fixed a potential crash on Mac
5) Fixed an issue with auto-launch on Mac
6) Added handling of 'too many connections' errors from the store
7) Added handling of redirects from the store
8) Improved support for installing to system/user folder types
9) Added support for refresh actions from the store; fixes the user experience when Install Manger is running and the user clicks 'get Studio' on the website
10) Fixed a regression issue with plugin packages and auto-install + launch
11) Fixed a timing issue with auto-install + switch account + update

How do I get the latest version?

If you have previously installed the Install Manager application and the computer it is installed on is connected to the internet, you can simply launch the application and log into your account. Once connected, you will be notified that an update has been detected and you will be prompted to "Update" or "Work Offline". Click the "Update" button and the application will take care of the rest.

Optionally, you can locate, download and install the application from the Product Library [once you are logged into your account] by entering "Install Manager" into the text field near the top left of the page and clicking the "Filter" button, or by clicking here for Windows users, or here for Mac users.

If this is your first time downloading and/or installing Install Manager, simply follow this link, click the "download free now" button on the page and then run the downloaded installer.

*Note: If you are on a computer running the Windows operating system, you have an nVidia based graphics card installed along with another non nVidia graphics card (e.g. an Ivy bridge CPU), you have a recent graphics driver installed and you experience a crash during the uninstaller phase of the update... it is recommended that you download the installer from the Product Library (see above) and run it manually.

Is there any documentation?

Yes, documentation is located here. Clicking the "Help" button in the top right corner of the application main window will launch your [default] browser to the same location.

Post edited by DAZ_Brian on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,118
    edited December 1969

It downloaded and installed fine. It says I am running 1.0.1.115 now. I can download products that were already in my Product Updates list, but I couldn't get the webpage link "Download and Install" to work for a new purchase. It just says "You need latest version of Install Manager installed for this link to work." After I exited Install Manager and restarted it, the link worked. I don't know if the store was just slow or whether closing and reopening really helped.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

*Note: If you are on a computer running the Windows operating system, you have an nVidia based graphics card installed along with another non nVidia graphics card (e.g. an Ivy bridge CPU), you have a recent graphics driver installed and you experience a crash during the uninstaller phase of the update... it is recommended that you download the installer from the Product Library (see above) and run it manually.

Another workaround is to disable the cpu based gpu in the bios. If you're not using it, disable it. Mine's been disabled since day 1 of installation and I've never had an installation issue w/ DIM (and I do have 2 Nvidia cards in SLI).

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited December 1969

Yep. Got the crash. It errored out badly, then removed itself from my computer leaving me without DIM features since I was at work and not able to come here direclty.... until I could install the manual update.

Manual update fixed the issue though, and no loss of preferences which was nice.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

BTW if you're getting that problem with an NVIDIA + onboard dual GPU, update your drivers, NVIDIA fixed that bug.

• acanthisacanthis Posts: 604
    edited December 1969

"Remember Me" seems to be broken since this update.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Did you close and reopen? It kicked in on my PC then.

• acanthisacanthis Posts: 604
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Did you close and reopen? It kicked in on my PC then.

I had done, and it didn't work ... but I've just tried again and it's taken this time! Thanks.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...just fired up the workstation a couple minutes ago and no DIM. No desktop icon, not in the "All Programmes" list under the Start button not in the C:Programme Files/Daz 3D folder.

How would this simply disappear from my system without me uninstalling it? This has me more than just a little concerned security wise that a programme can be uninstalled/deleted from my system through my firewall and without my intervention.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,668
    edited March 2014

There was an update last week - have you used DIM since installing that? If not it may be that the update failed to install after removing the old version (but you would have received a prompt to install, it wouldn't have happened silently). (Edit: duh, this is the thread about the update.)

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

...haven't used the DIM for a couple weeks as I am too broke to order anything right now. Only went to open it today as I heard there was a recent update for the Volume Camera in AoA's Atmospheric Cameras I've been waiting on.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Had you updated successfully to 1.0.1.115 before this happened?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    edited December 1969

I just asked in another thread about the same thing. LOL

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...haven't used the DIM for a couple weeks as I am too broke to order anything right now. Only went to open it today as I heard there was a recent update for the Volume Camera in AoA's Atmospheric Cameras I've been waiting on.

DO you have multiple users set up on your computer and just signed into another one

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited December 1969

After the last update failed to install properly dim uninstalled itself. Initially I thought it was just the shortcut, so I made another. But after reboot, the shortcut became invalid, and the dim program I had made a shortcut to was gone.

I had to do a manual reinstall of dim.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

DO you have multiple users set up on your computer and just signed into another one
    ...no, I am the only user on the workstation. I live alone and have no other people in my household who would have access to any of my computers.

edited March 2014

Do you remember updating to the newest version recently. If so it's looking like it was a failed install and it uninstalled on you. Just got to your product library and redownload and install manually.

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited December 1969

...but if I do that I won't get update notifications and will have to manually keep an eye out for them.

I did install the latest update for 4.6, but that shouldn't have broke anything. The last time I used the DIM was to DL and install the 4.6 update and a couple freebies about a week or two ago and then it worked fine.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DIM had a UPDATE that would have tried to AUTO run when you opened it. They are saying the DIM update failed and only did the uninstall. You need to put the new VERSION of DIM on your system by hand. It should read your old settings just fine once it is installed again.

• edited December 1969

Is there a way by chance for the installer to decide to use Windows 64 instead of 32, ugh... not sure why it keeps forcing windows 32 bit onto me...

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

It is a 32 bit program as it doesn't need to use a lot of memory so gains no advantage of being 64 bit.

• edited December 1969

Then the fact that I am constantly getting an error message upon download is not due to that... payload initialization failed... possibly from corrupt file or etc.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,810
    edited December 1969

Is there some reason why DIM 1.0.1.115 would now be bringing up User Access Control every time I download something? It was fine the first couple of times I used it, but since I installed GenX2 using it -- and I understand why UAC appeared that time -- UAC has come up all three times I've downloaded using it. I haven't downloaded any plugins or updates, just content, and DIM always downloads to Public Documents/My DAZ3D Library.

• chrbou2001chrbou2001 Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

Hmm, it seems that the installer has again problems - it doesn´t recognize recent purchases. I can download them manually but not via the installer.

edited December 1969

Sometimes it takes a little while before they show up in DIM

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I am beginning to use DIM to download new purchases (MarchMadness ...) - yesterday it logged me off constantly. Not exactly funny trying to find out which files were downloaded, which were not and then starting the queue again. And when you have bought a Pro bundle, you have a lot of files to find.
    *sigh*

edited March 2014

Kerya said:
    I am beginning to use DIM to download new purchases (MarchMadness ...) - yesterday it logged me off constantly. Not exactly funny trying to find out which files were downloaded, which were not and then starting the queue again. And when you have bought a Pro bundle, you have a lot of files to find.
    *sigh*

A few tips for DIM-
    For new purchases, change the Sort Order drop down on the top right of the Ready to Download tab to Order Date: Recent First
    For bundles, find just one product in the bundle in DIM, then right click on it > filter products > same order ID.
    If the bundle is a new purchase, the sort order will suffice.
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • chrbou2001chrbou2001 Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

Even after 12 hours DIM doesn´t recognize the recent purchases but updates. So i can download updates but no prchases (it began with the "Rolling Iron" product) via DIM.

edited December 1969

Even after 12 hours DIM doesn´t recognize the recent purchases but updates. So i can download updates but no prchases (it began with the "Rolling Iron" product) via DIM.

Have you changed the sort order to recent orders first?
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    *sigh*

Same here - its constantly losing connection to the internet, nothing wrong with my internet connection, a restart of DIM works but its really annoying when you have to do that constantly while trying to down load several items.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Kerya said:
    *sigh*

A few tips for DIM-
    For new purchases, change the Sort Order drop down on the top right of the Ready to Download tab to Order Date: Recent First
    For bundles, find just one product in the bundle in DIM, then right click on it > filter products > same order ID.
    If the bundle is a new purchase, the sort order will suffice.

Thank you so much! This helps!